I really hope no more folk get turned into dragons. I think we've got enough right now.

Also Hunts is more than enough of a troublemaker as it is. Getting Regent and Aisha in on it will end with there no longer being a BB.

It occurs to me that Dragon may make a deal with Hunts-The-Ice and relocate him to a custom-built heavily-defended Lair just next to one of her primary factories/server farms. The cold that Hunts-The-Ice generates would help hugely with keeping the computer systems cool, the heat differential could be tapped into for extra power and with the provision of titanium armor (or Tinker-tech ceramic), Hunts-The-Ice would become a very impressive security guard.
Bonus points if Dragon rustles up a translation unit that lets Hunts-The-Ice hold full conversations with people.
And having a real Dragon round is useful if you have heavy things that need moving.

Also know where we can grab enough garbage bags to make a watery grave of Merchant's?
Well, Merchants do like things in plastic baggies.
I feel that, as a lawyer, Carol should really understand that the "my house, I can search your rooms whenever" bullshit doesnt fly. Denial of right to privacy is a very common abuse, typically justified in exactly those words.
If she was rational, she wouldn't have been treating Amy like this.
Also, was her Dragon-form artificially aged to her human equivalent, or is she gonna be the cutest little whelp of a healer Earth-Bet has ever seen? ;)
IIRC earlier it was mentioned that Taylor only has the adult dragon form because she basically inherited someone else's (I forgot who) body.

I am pretty sure that Hunts main issue with English is practice. That and maybe learning the longer words.

Carol crossed the line. Carol got called out on it. Carol might get her self turned around.

Amy, Carol's victim, payed the price.

Back in first edition, being brought back from the dead carried a price tag; the permanent loss of constitution. I don't know if this is still the case, but if it is, then Amy shall continue to pay for Carol's misdeeds.

Who better to meet a dying healer then a dead God of Healing?

Also happens in 2nd edition. Your starting con score is a hard limit for how many times you can be Raised. Think 3rd edition changed this to losing a level (unless you're level 1, in which case it's temp con drain).

Taylor likely has a metamagic feat that lets her forgo material components.

Good thing the Author has Spoken, cause this wouldn't work. That particular feat only lets you ignore the material componant if it costs less then a gold, I think. Still very useful since it means you don't need to gather bat dung, have butter on hand all the time, and constantly be buying scraps of leather.

It was a response to the author's statement in this post saying that Dinah is so innocent that she couldn't be turned to evil.

Canon Dinah wasn't so much evil as alternately drugged up to the point where she could barely function or suffering from horrible withdrawal to force compliance by Coil. She was turned into a junky, and junkies are notorious for not having a solid grasp of morals or risk/reward.

IIRC earlier it was mentioned that Taylor only has the adult dragon form because she basically inherited someone else's (I forgot who) body.
Well her mind/soul was gone/wiped so 'Taylor' was more or less merged with that dragon.

But a Dragon Goddess of Healing I would imagine could either do the same (preserved corpse of a deceased dragon that moved on and had donated its body to a good cause at Tamara's discretion?), or manipulate the age of a newly-transmigrated dragon. Or not do so, that could be good, too. 😁

It occurs to me that Dragon may make a deal with Hunts-The-Ice and relocate him to a custom-built heavily-defended Lair just next to one of her primary factories/server farms. The cold that Hunts-The-Ice generates would help hugely with keeping the computer systems cool, the heat differential could be tapped into for extra power and with the provision of titanium armor (or Tinker-tech ceramic), Hunts-The-Ice would become a very impressive security guard.
Bonus points if Dragon rustles up a translation unit that lets Hunts-The-Ice hold full conversations with people.
And having a real Dragon round is useful if you have heavy things that need moving.
I'm sure Hunts wouldn't mind being paid in dragon-fitted weapons platforms.

I can't decide if I want to make a joke about Armsie being jealous of Dragon's roommate or one about the two basically adopting the guy.

I'm sure Hunts wouldn't mind being paid in dragon-fitted weapons platforms.
Custom-made weapons/armor personally commissioned/crafted by a world-renown artificer and hero of the current age? They would likely take a place of pride in Hunt's Hoard(Edit: Fixed, played too much WoW years ago and now spell it wrong out of habit of typing the other spelling), brought out only for the most epic of quests!

Last edited:
My favorite real world example of that is from WW2. It's quite the story, for anyone who hasn't heard it. Churchill was informed, as a result of Enigma decrypts, that the Luftwaffe was planning a major bombing raid on densely populated Coventry. Coventry only had light fighter cover insufficient to fend off the major attack of more than 500 German bombers that was planned.

Churchill had to make a choice. If he moved fighters to protect Coventry ahead of the attack he might tip off German spies that the British knew, and from there it wouldn't be hard for them to figure out that their encrypted messages were being read. If they changed to a new system the British wouldn't be able to read the Nazi's mail again for who knew how long, and the Enigma decrypts had already proven critically useful. It was possible keeping the fact that Enigma had been broken a secret would decide the war.

Churchill decided to let Coventry be bombed. More than 500 people were killed, more than 800 badly injured. Two thirds of the city's buildings were damaged or destroyed.

Was it the right decision? The Enigma decrypts did indeed turn out to be critically important for the remainder of the war. Some historians think they may have made the difference, or at least shortened the war and ultimate loss of life considerably. On the other hand, perhaps if Churchill had made the decision to move assets the fears of the Nazis noticing would have turned out to be baseless, and lives could have been saved.

Weighing the value of lives against existential risk is a terribly difficult thing. I imagine it must have weighed heavily on Churchill.

Just FYI, but the Churchill/Coventry story is just that, a story. It's from a book called The Ultra Secret by a guy named F.W. Winterbothen who apparently made a bunch of stuff up - or more generously misremembered a lot.

From Wikipedia -
Winterbotham's account has been criticized for inaccuracies and self-aggrandizement. Winterbotham acknowledged in the book that he was no cryptologist and had only slight understanding of the cryptologic side of the multi-faceted and strictly compartmentalized Ultra operation. His description of the pioneering work done by Poland's Cipher Bureau before the war is minimal and incorrect. Winterbotham later responded that he had simply passed on the story that he had been given at the time. He erroneously suggested that Japan's PURPLE cipher machine was a version of the German Enigma and confused "Dilly" Knox with a different person.

Perhaps the worst flaw in the book is the myth of Winston Churchill and the Coventry Blitz. During The Blitz of 1940–1941, Coventry was severely bombed by the Luftwaffe on the night of 14–15 November. There was heavy damage and numerous civilian casualties. Winterbotham asserted that Enigma decrypts had provided clear advance warning of the raid but that Churchill personally decided not to take any special countermeasures that might alert the Germans that the British were reading Enigma. This story has been widely repeated, even though it has been thoroughly refuted by other historians and memoirists.[citation needed] Peter Calvocoressi was head of the Air Section at Bletchley Park that translated and analysed all decrypted Luftwaffe messages. He wrote that "Ultra never mentioned Coventry... Churchill, so far from pondering whether to save Coventry or safeguard Ultra, was under the impression that the raid was to be on London."[6]

Nevertheless, Winterbotham's book is a vivid first-hand account by one of the key figures in the Ultra story, and much of the book still retains interest and validity. Winterbotham concludes that the war's outcome "was, in fact, a very narrow shave, and the reader may like to ponder [...] whether or not we might have won had we not had Ultra".

Good thing the Author has Spoken, cause this wouldn't work. That particular feat only lets you ignore the material componant if it costs less then a gold, I think. Still very useful since it means you don't need to gather bat dung, have butter on hand all the time, and constantly be buying scraps of leather.
Considering how many feats a Dragon would have by the time they are able to cast spells in the first place, I suspect there are inbuilt, superior versions of the relevant metamagic feats, and just accept them as given. Or, to put it another way, I've played with a DM that let us learn under a friendly Dragon that owed us a favor, and picked up the 10 gp version and 100 gp version; never got high enough level for the 1000 gp or unlimited cost versions. Mind you, each of these raised the spell slot cost by one level for the first two, and by two for the third and fourth, but the same DM also allowed a special "ritual" feat that extended casting time and lowered the cost of the spell slots, but increased the number of slots used.....

What can I say; I had a DM that saw the rules as guidelines and liked to make additions to mix things up a bit...

Last edited:
It's D&D, the afterlifes are just planes that you can travel back from.

Imagine someone dying, then just casting Plane Shift to get back and grab their stuff.

It's not quite that simple. At least in 3rd Ed, when you die and get sent to your personalized afterlife on one of the Outer Planes, you gain the Petitioner template, which (among other things) explicitly forbids any attempt to get you off that plane. IIRC, it was in the Manual of the Planes for 3rd Ed. That's why the demons and devils are constantly raiding Kelemvor's realm: those souls that haven't been Judged yet, are some of the very few that can still traverse the planes.

Back