First things first. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

now, i'm going to have to ask - can someone direct me to the Dedicated D&D forums on here - i Don't want to keep posting Questions regarding Ryvens sheet here (and risk annoying the mods for 'derailing') but some of her stats/ racial traits are frustrating me.

Thats because you're a...
NO

First things first. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

now, i'm going to have to ask - can someone direct me to the Dedicated D&D forums on here - i Don't want to keep posting Questions regarding Ryvens sheet here (and risk annoying the mods for 'derailing') but some of her stats/ racial traits are frustrating me.

Thats because you're a...
NO
If you find one, let me know; all I've seen are threads, most of which get sidetracked quicker than Worm threads.

Just took a look myself, and my opinion is thats a winner - its sure to smash through all the opposition :D

Ok...

Seriously? This again...

As there is apparently no main D&D thread on here, i'm gonna have to ask here -Ryvens adventure sheet is almost done

Finally!

But I need the stats for a dragon-build - specifically, a Prismic Dragon (pretty sure I saw one mentioned elsewhere, but can't remember where...) However, since i can't find what i need I turn to you all in hope of help.

Anyway, Ryven's variant is a little different - In size, she would be about the same size as Skyrim's Alduin and have comparable stats to an adult (despite being only a juvi.) She also has 5 breath attacks, – fire, ice, Gas (effects at users choice), lightning, acid (corrosiveness at users choice) - in essence one for each color of Chromic. Her Scale Color is midnight blue, with a rainbow irricencence when light hits.

Oh, and while this sounds pretty powerful, Ryven's gonna be initially nerfed by the fact she Doesn't know A: how to fly. B:How to use her breath Attacks. and C: how to use magic in dragon-form (these might count as build debuffs, so I'm listing them here.) For want of a better image - thing a draconic Brontosaurous.

Yes, yet ANOTHER way you're screwing me over at the start. And i Still think you're calling me Fat!

:evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
@Jadesteele : This says it's an official 3.5e stat block for a Prismatic Dragon...

I took one look at that and went... "Oooh, boy."

Even a newborn Prismatic dragon would be a lot to handle.

I would start you off with one color from the prismatic spray breath weapon, the immunity to light / radiant damage & blindness, the equivalent spells of a L1 Sorceror, Size M, and 1/10th the hp (2d12 + 13). Otherwise, the party will just place the AC 35/ Hp 287 / DR 10 (magic) wall in front of the party. As you gain levels, you gain the additional abilities. And yes, you'd have flight to start with, but you'd still have to learn. Plus, until you got to size L (around Lv 4), you couldn't carry anyone M sized in flight.

You would effectively have all the base abilities at Level 7 of a wyrmling Prismatic Dragon (according to that stat block). You would have also grown from something not much larger that a pony to something that has to stay outside. "Too big for the city gate, have to sleep outside." Couldn't go into Waterdeep, either, not without talking to the lords of the city.

When you hit the next age step, at least you won't be growing any more...

And then there's this...

"Ok, fellow party members, time to pay up the tab at the Inn."
"How many head of cattle did the dragon eat?"
"Only sixteen."
<Pays innkeeper.> "Damn, we're broke again."
<Turns to Dragon> "Are you sure you can't cast Create Food and Water?"

No alternate form means HUGE grocery bills. And I'm sure a dragon hunting in the wilderness is sure to attract attention...

Thanks Kryslin, I've been looking for that for ages (i think i've been misspelling its name.)

and... ouch. I know I want Ryvens dragon form tough, but that's a bit more then i expected - even after replacing the canon breath with one a day use versions of the basic 5 chromic, that's a bit too strong to start with - i think i'm gonna have to do some thinking here... and add an additional lockdown for her even being able to take on dragon-form... hummmm.

Ok, because someone asked me to...

My Life as a Teenage Juggernaut - Ch. 1 : 'Naut to Worry has been posted to the New Year, New Chapter contest.
Has that been posted anywhere else other than the contest thread? I'm not certain, but I think that is required in the judging.

EDIT:
To enter the contest, all you have to do is post your entry in this thread and our staff will helpfully threadmark the entry for you. You must also post your entry to its own thread on SV, and include a link to said thread, in order to qualify for any prizes.

Last edited:
I'll get that taken care of tonight.
Looks like Kryslin's plotbunny hutch is about to come to SV...

And because of contest requirements, My Life as a Teenage Juggernaut now has its own thread.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

My Life as a Teenage Juggernaut... (Worm AU x Marvel) Crossover - Superhero

Well, here we go again... This started off as a prompt in the Taylor Varga discord channel. The prompt was "What if Taylor got the powers of the Juggernaut?" A bit of research, 3 days of writing, and 4 days of dueling editors, and this is the result. Also, Worm canon has been thrown out of...

Dunno how often it'll get updated, but I'll try for quarterly, unless I can rearrange things so I can write 3 fics at once...

@Harry Leferts : Thank you!

It works. I'm still not sold on Image generating AI models, but they do have their uses. Concept art being one of them.

Last edited:
You DO know its not always the bards, right? I mean, there has to be a reason why dragons kidnap princesses (and the occasional prince), and i doubt it's for the ransom (which never gets paid to the dragon) or for lunch (as the main course) given just how much cholesterol is in the average human.

Someone did a short film once where it turned out that the princess in question was helping the dragon clear out the more ... egregious knights, shall we say?

Back