A voice called out from the bedroom. "You coming to bed, Mickey, or do I have to come in after you?"

"Be there in a sec, frenemy mine," Mouse Protector, or Michelle was she wasn't driving Villains crazy, answered.
Mickey... Mouse Protector. How in Hell's name did Disney never sue her? Hang on, they'd have had their parks hit by eye-rolling, snickering capes of all stripes over the prerequisite outing.

It might have been better for her to have a name that could be twisted into "Minnie" but maybe I've been reading too many HP fanfics lately because the only female name I can think of off hand is "Minerva". Come to think of it that might have actually been a good one for her as growing up she would've found that far too pompous and shortened it to "Minnie" on her own which could've led naturally to "Minnie Mouse" and from there to "Mouse Protector". Just a random thought I felt I should share. Enjoy :p .

It might have been better for her to have a name that could be twisted into "Minnie" but maybe I've been reading too many HP fanfics lately because the only female name I can think of off hand is "Minerva". Come to think of it that might have actually been a good one for her as growing up she would've found that far too pompous and shortened it to "Minnie" on her own which could've led naturally to "Minnie Mouse" and from there to "Mouse Protector". Just a random thought I felt I should share. Enjoy :p .

There've been a few fics where Mouse Protector is a 'Minnie' or some variant thereof. I guess Kryslin wanted this version of her to be 'wearing the pants in the relationship', so to speak.

If Canon comes up just join me in chanting "Eff Wildbow" as I did my yearly allotment of canon contemplation already. (Yes, once a year. I may not have much sanity but I like the remaining fragments!)

I am hoping for a reference or 2 towards the Inheritance Cycle (aka Eragon) I know it isn't the most popular story involving dragons but its still got its good sides awesome moments and dragons

"And then I'd have to heal you," said Amy in her White Mage robe. "I'd rather not have to do that, so I might get a bit sloppy. Let's make it easier on everyone and you just give up now."

The "villains" froze, looked at her, looked at each other, nodded in almost perfect unison, and put up their hands.
Oh god I think I need a white mage. My gut is hurting from laughing so hard. A bunch of genre savvy villains at this convention. They know the true golden rule. 'Piss off the healer at your own risk'. And/or it's brother 'Piss off the snarky healer and you only have yourself to blame'.

Last edited:
Oh my god..... He-Who-Made-Lord-of-the-Rings wants Naurelin to play Smaug? 🤨🤨
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Or maybe it's a reimagining where instead of a group of dwarves on a quest to retake their hall from a dragon, it's a group of dragons on a quest to retake their hoard from a giant MEKA-dwarf

Or maybe it's a reimagining where instead of a group of dwarves on a quest to retake their hall from a dragon, it's a group of dragons on a quest to retake their hoard from a giant MEKA-gnome

Which is surely followed by Old Man Henderson. :lol: And Mrs. Henderson.:o

The discussion twixt my editor and I determined that the PR part of the PRT wouldn't let a Ward play the part of a villain, but she would probably provide accurate motion capture data at scale for a dragon. Granted, compared to the one of the last golden dragons of Middle Earth, Naurelin is about a third of Smaug's size.

Peter Jackson can NEVER be allowed to us Laurelin in a movie. Richard Taylor and the entire WETA Workshop would die of geekspasms as soon as they looked at her. ;)

Which is surely followed by Old Man Henderson. :lol: And Mrs. Henderson.:o

The discussion twixt my editor and I determined that the PR part of the PRT wouldn't let a Ward play the part of a villain, but she would probably provide accurate motion capture data at scale for a dragon. Granted, compared to the one of the last golden dragons of Middle Earth, Naurelin is about a third of Smaug's size.

Yeah, that's right. In the extended version extras, they showed The Hobbit version of Smaug to be 130 meters long, which is as long as 2 747s. According to researchers in the books, he's only 20 meters long, but you know Peter, go big or go home. ;)
:lol:

Whatever happened to the 3D model of Naurelian you were making?

Still working on things. Naurelin has some 60K scales, each varying in size from 1cm across to 15cm. They have to be placed, back to front, so they overlap properly.

Granted, it'd be easier if the brush in my texturing app would change its size as it travels the stroke, so I has to resort to placing them 2 at a time. First version didn't look too well.

I'm not surprised I'm struggling with the more artistic side of things, really. I'm more of a draftsman and technical person than an artist.

And another plot bunny has escaped its hutch:

It's summer camp after Annette has passed away, and Taylor meets a girl her age in the woods. They manage to meet up for a few days during camp and have fun in the woods, but when camp ends, Taylor realizes she never even learned the girl's name.

Dinah has a summer camp, later in the season, and meets the same girl. They become friends, and Dinah manages to get the girl's name : Mona, but not where she lives, or a phone number.

Taylor manages to still trigger, despite Emma never encountering Shadow Stalker because a strange shapeshifting cape takes care of the ABB assaulting Emma and Alan.

Dinah is about to be kidnapped, when the mercenaries are interrupted by a familiar girl, who doesn't like bullies, and turns out is fiercely protective of her friends. And when she meets the Undersiders, and figures out Skitter is Taylor...

Things begin to go badly for villains in Brockton Bay after that.

Lisa can't stop laughing, and Regent can't make popcorn fast enough. Brian figures out that things are off the rails, and decides to go with the flow. And Bitch is cool with the chaotic newcomer, because she likes dogs. And Coil's stuff gets broken. Twice.

"Metal....!"

Worm x Nimona (an excellent film. I haven't read the webcomic/graphic novel, though).

A plot bunny for a plot bunny!

Taylor doesn't trigger in the locker. Instead, she regains memories of another life. Memories of a girl who once sought to dissect the world, only to ultimately end up protecting it in the end.

Carol Malus Dienheim once called herself the murderer of miracles. Maybe it's time she started creating some instead.

We have a custom thread Icon!
While at Anime North 2023, I picked up a small 4 x 6 print from Serene Illustrations, entitled "Flying With Dragons".
The artist, Serene, has graciously allowed me to use the image in question for our thread Icon. ~yay!~

Since the image got cropped, I'll include this here:
The image, titled "Flying with Dragons", is ©2023 Serene Illustrations, all rights reserved.
The image is used with the artist's permission (which can be provided if necessary).

Thank you, and I'll see you this Saturday.

Back