Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
A friendly reminder to new questers to read the Informational threadmarks and FAQ specifically before asking a question. Links below:

Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the Detailed Rune List
Discord.

On Thread Etiquette:

I'm not going to weigh in on the logic of either side's arguments, but I will ask that everyone read over what they write and really consider if the words they used are polite and won't be inflammatory intentionally or not. You cant account for people's tolerances perfectly but at least try to say your piece without saying things that can be easily construed as overly dismissive of the other side of the argument, thank you.

Please endeavour to be cordial. :^)

Last edited:
A Runesmith must be Mighty in all aspects, both physically and mentally.

Not uncommon, but you've never seen examples quite as varied as Thungni's. Its more in the realm of master switches or the Rune of Direction. The current consensus is why waste a Rune slot on it when its possible to do something verbal, mechanics or gesture based. The main thing is the scale of the carving, breaking the Rule of Three and other stuff but yes its more the five separate Runes all affecting four different Gronti perfectly is another one. #Runes

Because you touched the tablet first. I can say now that its over that the trial is done with, it was the equivalent of a gear/skill check.
Oh man, that's kinda unfortunate then. It might have been better to allow Karstah to press it, for all that we'd wanted to bear the burden ourselves.

Oh man, that's kinda unfortunate then. It might have been better to allow Karstah to press it, for all that we'd wanted to bear the burden ourselves.
It's likely that Karstah's gear would only have deactivated one Gronti. Karstah's bonus is +85, and the threshhold to deactivate the second gronti was at 100.
And with Snorri's gear being active, but partially unusable (no ash storm), we'd have had 6 escalating Gronti, and have to Rely on Karstah's lower skill check to get to the DC 200 of using the control panel.

#DiscordDump

There was a discussion about ways to break the Rule of Three.
Soulcake said:
My ideas about breaking the Rule of Three aren't singular

idk if that makes sense

its basically me trying to match something(s) in canon. Of which I can take two different interpretations and I chose the fun one in my mind.

Other thing I'll say. You don't need all of them to do what you want, but having them will still benefit.

One to match the Ancestors, more than one to surpass them? yeah that feels okay to say
#Mechanics

Also, Rolling.
soulcake threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Cleaving Total: 35
35 35

I'm not sure really what the rolls are doing so. I'm not gonna worry.

Considering the Rune of Might was a high roll, not sure that's a bad thing, actually.
The Might challenge seemed more to do with Snorri's gear given the very direct "what's your power level/stat read" it did, than anything a dice indicated. What the dice are doing is unclear. Among other things, they're not actually showing up in the updates like most rolls usually do.

Last edited:
Erm, what was he specifically responding to here? Is what we want to do breaking the rule of three? Or did somebody want to do something that needed 6 runes and soulcake is clarifying that that would be possible with a subset of the proposed runes?
There are Multiple ways the rule of three could be broken.
And the methods can potentially be combined.

So if you have 3 separate ways to add an extra rune to an item, you could potentially combine them and get 6 runes on a single item.

Edit: and the Context was the Nemesis crown from total war. Alaric the Mad ended up carving the rune on warpstone, because it was the only material strong enough to withstand it's power.
So, one of the ways of breaking the rule of three is strengthening the material.

There could other ways, though, which Snorri only has the slightest leads to.

Last edited:
Edit: and the Context was the Nemesis crown from total war. Alaric the Mad ended up carving the rune on warpstone, because it was the only material strong enough to withstand it's power.
So, one of the ways of breaking the rule of three is strengthening the material.
I did not know that and holy shite that makes too much sense and it is very much ironic given...EVERYTHING!

I did not know that and holy shite that makes too much sense and it is very much ironic given...EVERYTHING!
Some wiki scraping:
----
The Nemesis Crown was an ancient and incredibly powerful magical artefact created by the legendary Dwarf Runesmith Alaric the Mad from a warpstone-infused alloy that had the capability to grant its wearer the combined knowledge of all those who had worn it before, though with the curse that it only passed on their most selfish and evil impulses.
---
At some point in his career, the ancient Dwarf Runesmith Alaric the Mad devised a new Master Rune, the Master Rune of Ages. This rune would not only retain and distill the wisdom of each of its wearers, passing it on to those who followed, but give the bearer control over their very destiny. Any who wore it would become master of their fate, and that of their entire race. The rune was a more powerful variant of the Master Rune of Kingship, but such was the power of the rune, no natural substance could take the strain of bearing it.

However, upon finding some warpstone ore that could be used as an alloy, Alaric was finally able to craft an item capable of bearing this powerful rune. This item was the Dwarf helm called the Nemesis Crown. Unfortunately, Alaric soon discovered the warpstone used in the crown's creation had altered the rune's effects, so that whoever claimed it would not be able to distill their own destiny but would instead be infected with every shred of selfish or evil intent of all those who wore it before, transforming its wearer into the vessel for all their collective malice. Upon realising his folly, Alaric, unwilling or unable to destroy his creation, hid the crown deep beneath the Great Forest of the Empire in the Howling Hills.

There could other ways, though, which Snorri only has the slightest leads to.
Wait, was the Nemesis Crown breaking the rule of three? And if so is that warhammer canon or soulcake canon because I thought it was special in that it carried the MRune of Ages. Which was functionally a lonely rune ++.

Back