Seems like Ymaryn and Khemetri are going to be best buds forever. Might as well as marry each other.

Oh you are gonna be so happy about these.

Me and Magician have been having tons of fun writing these.

Next one will becoming up sometime tomorrow when Finite Magician can post it.

Here are some pics that you can use.

So I'm pretty sure this has been answered before (and I can't find it because help this thread is large), but can we absorb the Stab Damage from Terrify using PiA?

Because that would be rather fun and vampiric.

So, I went around trying to find an artist that could do a Battle of Bloodvalley cover art, but it's very hard to find actual ancient battle scenes on deviantart....

Seems like Ymaryn and Khemetri are going to be best buds forever. Might as well as marry each other.

Here are some pics that you can use.

*opens picture #1*

Eeeeeee! Wha?! Oh myyyyyyyyy.

*opens picture #2*

Oh hey I saw that when I was searching for Khem X Ymar photos a couple of hours ago.

*opens picture #3*

Uhhh... Hm
*tilts head*
Cute.

*opens picture #4*

Uhuh yep I saw this one and we've already discussed it amongst ourselves, me and Finite Magician.

*opens picture #5*

Haawha!!?
Ebvvvvpfffffhivfibble!

MAID!

*waves arms like a mad man*

MAID!

WITH FOOD!

*you can hear a distant 'ping! fwoosh' as Bungie's brain takes a vacation in the stratosphere*

So I'm pretty sure this has been answered before (and I can't find it because help this thread is large), but can we absorb the Stab Damage from Terrify using PiA?

Because that would be rather fun and vampiric.
AN has said that it is possible with CA, and that he'd style it more as deserters fleeing to the obvious winner than as refugees, though there still be some of them included. It basically fell into a category of "Yeah, should be doable, but it's up to my judgement."

I expect PiA to act similarly.

Last edited:
[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [Iron] Allow finished goods to be traded
[X] [PiA] Khemetri (Probably Spiritual Value)
[X] [PDN] Majorly push forward forests (Main Expand Forests, -2 Centralization)
[X] [React] Meet yeoman demands (Sec New Settlement + Sec New Roads, meets Yeoman faction demands)

If we turn the dragon company into a coust guard do we get marines? an aquatic and landing force.

Dragon company is currently a Calvary force, soon to be a naval force. I am seeing synergy from our longships + Calvary forces to allow for quick, deep strike.

We'll need to invent the modern concept of landing crafts in classical antiquity, which will be all sort of !!FUN!! for nomads.

Dragon company is currently a Calvary force, soon to be a naval force. I am seeing synergy from our longships + Calvary forces to allow for quick, deep strike.

We'll need to invent the modern concept of landing crafts in classical antiquity, which will be all sort of !!FUN!! for nomads.
Well I guess it's a good thing we have a head start with longships, what with the Vikings loving them for shore raids as far as I can recall.

[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [Iron] Open up the market for the metal
[X] [PiA] Trelli (Probably trade related)
[X] [React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))

*opens picture #1*

Eeeeeee! Wha?! Oh myyyyyyyyy.

*opens picture #2*

Oh hey I saw that when I was searching for Khem X Ymar photos a couple of hours ago.

*opens picture #3*

Uhhh... Hm
*tilts head*
Cute.

*opens picture #4*

Uhuh yep I saw this one and we've already discussed it amongst ourselves, me and Finite Magician.

*opens picture #5*

Haawha!!?
Ebvvvvpfffffhivfibble!

MAID!

*waves arms like a mad man*

MAID!

WITH FOOD!

*you can hear a distant 'ping! fwoosh' as Bungie's brain takes a vacation in the stratosphere*

AN has said that it is possible with CA, and that he'd style it more as deserters fleeing to the obvious winner than as refugees, though there still be some of them included. It basically fell into a category of "Yeah, should be doable, but it's up to my judgement."

I expect PiA to act similarly.

Here's the link to see the rest of the pics. There is a lot.

miyaura sanshio - Google Search

Also Ymaryn and Lowlands?

Last edited:
Here's the link to see the rest of the pics. There is a lot.

miyaura sanshio - Google Search

Also Ymaryn and Lowlands?

*tries to resist clicking on the link*

Resist! Resist! Resist the cute!

Graaaavfffradsvv...

[robotic voice]
I'm sorry you have reached the automatic voice messaging system of BungieONI, please leave your message at the tone.

Beeeeeeeeeep
[robotic voice]

More amazingly, the Spirit Talkers lasted even longer. They were 5,000 years old when they died.
Never spending Stability does that.
Well they evolved never.

They must have collapsed in some way at some point before they died for real, or been one of the most stupid campers I've seen, with their level of development and territory.
Campers, but they lacked walls and could only expand into the lowlands...but an elite focus non cavalry force is useless on plains

Sadly, our specific Terrify only works on people with cities.

So let them work a few generations unhindered and it should be fine~
Pirate cities are more like free cities. Pirate fleets are independent of them
Honest feelz incoming.

If the pirates make a Tortuga equivalent city, the Ymaryn city planner in me will scream out with the power of a supernova and burn it to a crips.

That shit just ain't right. :V
Centralization 0

If we turn the dragon company into a coust guard do we get marines? an aquatic and landing force.
Maybe Yenyna will take up ship racing.
*mumble grumble*Of course Khemetri-kun doesn't have a chance when no one is voting for him*grumble mumble*
Note that we have killed ONLY civilizations we take traits from!

Already have them. Longships ARE landing craft

Anyway, looking through the wiki, the problem of a landing craft is that:

a) small
b) can only land on select beaches, unless you're a hovercraft
c) not really that comfortable and difficult to control in bad weather.

Potentially, with a large navy, you could support amphibious assaults but only at select locations.

[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[X] [React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))

Big boon here is that whoever figures something new out loses it to us quickly, but we also circulate techs back out at a slower pace.

This, including the outflow, is actually good for us. Take the anatomy knowledge, we cannot really advance it ourselves. What if the Khemetri pick up on the anatomy lore, take it home and then...practice it on some of their unfortunates?

The improved anatomy lore will backflow towards us.

While we lose advantages to them, it pretty much ensures we stay on top of the relative advantage game. Whoever gets a new trick, we get it. Then we pass out our old tricks, whatever refinements come to us again. It's thus, only a net demerit when the tech is transferred to a power that can better leverage it, or when transferred to someone so far behind they can't backflow anything.
I call BS on this. Other people getting our tech for free is a good thing for our polity, and "ensures we stay on top of the relative advantage game"? Really?

If we leak a tech that we are leading and actively working on to people (e.g. Iron), all that does is let other polities catch up, closing our lead.
If we leak a tech that we are leading and NOT actively working on to people (e.g. Anatomy, at least according to your example), that again closes our lead, and then when others overtake us it lets us not keep behind too much. We still went from being ahead to being behind; congratulations.

If we leak tech that we are not leading in, then both ourselves and the person we leaked it to are still going to be behind the current leader, and the current leader is the one we would want to tech-drain off of anyway. So we've just let some stragglers catch up to us for no advantage.

The only case where your logic works is if we are leading, are not actively working on the tech, and leak it to one and only one polity, using them to "outsource" our research. In that case, we still lose relative advantage to them, possibly massively so, but our relative advantage to others grows. To that, I say, "perhaps". But I wouldn't count on us being able to leak to a single polity, the conditions of leading but not actively advancing aren't that common, it is unclear whether our inwards tech drain is enough to reliably "catch up" to whoever we passed our research to, and even if all of that worked perfectly there is no guarantee that the researcher won't just sell/gift/spread the tech elsewhere.

So no. An effect that says "helps other people catch up to you" does NOT improve our relative advantage.

[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[X] [PDN] Push forward forests (Sec Expand Forests, -1 Centralization)

Back