[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [Iron] Allow finished goods to be traded
[X] [PDN] Push forward forests (Sec Expand Forests, -1 Centralization)
[X] [React] Meet yeoman demands (Sec New Settlement + Sec New Roads, meets Yeoman faction demands)
[X] [React] Attempt to root out problems (Main Enforce Justice)
[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably InService to Order)

*Commercials play* *Subliminal Smokey Bear Message* *Cue elevator music*
Whispers from co-worker. "Well, I'll fix those links up real quick."
Remember to praise your vampire overlord, @BungieONI ~
Now, for a blast from the past, I present to you: Highschool Woes (1)

Historia of (Early Teens) Ymaryn: Highschool Woes (1)
Ymaryn outgrew her kid phase rather quickly, though it was easy to spot their lingering effects in her room. She never found a good hiding spot for her figurines of Magical Girl Charity and posters of the personification of awesome that was Gwygoytha.

Armed with little experience with people, she opted against the 'try to be friendly but come out offensive' thing she found common in shows and books. Now, to most, she was the quiet girl who lived on the hills.

Hardworking, helpful and always trying her best. That was how she was described, and that was how she was introduced to the class she was enrolled in the Lowlands Academia. The class gave a welcome that was more out of courtesy and resumed their usual activities. The said usual activities appalled her.

There were three cliques, not one, not two but THREE, each led by a leader she'd wonder at the circumstances of how they earned their position. They largely went by their nicknames than not, Dead Priest, Westcon and Spirit Talker. While she would attribute it to culture shock, there was very little she found to appreciate of them and plenty of flaws she could point out from her first impressions of them.

The first two were pushing unsavory tasks to those lowest in the pecking order while taking anything they wanted from them with thinly veiled threats, while the third let all this happen in apparent apathy. This looked less of a bullying ring and more of an established system and that implication was the worst of all.

Often, she'd find herself wondering what on earth the headmaster was thinking, allowing such behavior, then she'd remember his name and accept things. Headmaster Nut. Maybe they forgot an 's' at the end there, but the man was rumored to be absurdly capable at his job despite his eccentricities. She'd leave running the school to the mad man, trusting him to have a plan. She had many projects to complete for extra credits after all.

"Ymaryn, can you help me with this question?"
"Return these books to the library for me, won't you, Ymaryn?"
"Can you spare one of those rolls? I...the vending machine ate my change."
Some might have called her foolish or at least thought her gullible or exploitable when she assented to all those requests with a smile. But that didn't matter when friendship bloomed between the hands reaching out for help and the one that offered it.

That apparently was frowned upon by quite a vocal few, however. An example being the fellow student, older than he should be at his year and even then, far too large for his age.
"Ymaryn, was it?", he rumbles, malicious glint in his eyes. Her wrist caught, Ymaryn's muscles went taut as she tried to pull out of his grip, only for it to tighten.
"I heard you were offering bread to anyone hungry.", he continues on as if without a care.
"You know, I'm feeling mighty famished."

"Storm. Leave her alone."

It was very much to the surprise of Ymaryn that Spirit Talker had chosen to interfere, a hand with white knuckles already on Storm's shoulder. The oversized thug grunted, unhanding her but unleashing a flurry of blows as he turned to Spirit Talker. Ymaryn winced as she heard a particularly heavy blow connect, only to see the fist of Storm's firmly in a lazy grip of Spirit Talker's other hand.

"That, was uncalled for."

In one swift motion, the thick lower limbs of Storm were impossibly uprooted and their upper counterparts forced to take their place. As the bespectacled boy rose from his unconscious victim's side, he straightened his ruffled uniform out.

"Now, if you'll excuse me." he spoke, and belatedly Ymaryn realized he was addressing her, "I have a talk to have with Dead Priest."

Ymaryn watched as his figure disappeared down the hallway and decided that she would have to revise her opinion on Spirit Talker, at least.

<<<Prev | Next>>>
This is great. The next parts are going to be great.

The tragic fall of the Spirit Talkers would be interesting to see.

But I really want is when Ymaryn gets swole and forms her own cliche. Especially recently where we beat up everyone and the new kid at the same time.

This is great. The next parts are going to be great.

The tragic fall of the Spirit Talkers would be interesting to see.

But I really want is when Ymaryn gets swole and forms her own cliche. Especially recently where we beat up everyone and the new kid at the same time.
Oh you are gonna be so happy about these.

Me and Magician have been having tons of fun writing these.

Next one will becoming up sometime tomorrow when Finite Magician can post it.

Join me in the Ymaryn First Party and we can return to the ways of our ancestors and control the damage that foreigners have done and are doing to our great society. So that we can return to the golden age when True Ymaryn didn't have to worry about the sordid affairs of lowlanders.

/s

[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[X] [PDN] Majorly push forward forests (Main Expand Forests, -2 Centralization)
[X] [React] Attempt to root out problems (Main Enforce Justice)

If you want to bring back the good social aspects of our ancestors, join the Idealist Traditionalists!
If you want to be kind and accepting towards others, even though they might fail and disappoint you, join the Idealist Traditionalists!

Do you guys think it's possible to combine Terrify, a Salt Gift and Mercenary War Missions at the HK to bribe border counts into switching sides, Terrify some more into doing the same and leave the Mercenaries to sort out what remains?

Is this approach acceptable to our anti-war crowd?

A similar package might work with the Trelli once we build a canal to ease trading with the Khemetri. They either crash and burn as their position becomes useless, or they swear fealty and become wealthy as part of us. They'd have to give up the Slave Trade, but that is probably the smallest part of their wealth.
Not sure if the King in charge can pull it off, but its a strong carrot and stick combo.
Main war mission, secondary terrify, secondary targeted salt gift is basically walking up and asking "you want this giant pile of gold or this giant pile of kill?"

Given how many forests we have and long tradition of animal husbandry and selective breeding, I actually expect our sheep to be similar.
Yep, our sheep and cows in the core are probably more strongly adapted to forest life.
I tell it to ya Pblur.

I've had a continuous litany of "Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" running through my head since I realized we have an incredibly easy and reliable way to dump Cent when we need to now.

So many Treeeeeeeeeesssss...

*happy sighs*
Study faction appeased, forest faction appeased, roads faction appeased, city faction appeased, justice faction appeased.

By the power of community tree plantings!
That mechanism is closely tied to their god-king setup, though. The god-king decrees it, so it can't be bad (no stab loss), in his function as god-king (RA payment). It is exactly that part of Khemetri spiritual values we don't want which enables that process.

Plus, it is probably the high-end product of quite an evolved value line.

Probably.

Imagine if the Thunder Horse picked up our territorially obsessed Stewards line. Or Trelli taking Acceptance while under the temp econ damage amplifying full mercantile syatem

Cue serious screaming

[X] [React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))

Sadly, our specific Terrify only works on people with cities.

So let them work a few generations unhindered and it should be fine~
Honest feelz incoming.

If the pirates make a Tortuga equivalent city, the Ymaryn city planner in me will scream out with the power of a supernova and burn it to a crips.

That shit just ain't right. :V

If we turn the dragon company into a coust guard do we get marines? an aquatic and landing force.

Honest feelz incoming.

If the pirates make a Tortuga equivalent city, the Ymaryn city planner in me will scream out with the power of a supernova and burn it to a crips.

That shit just ain't right. :V
Ah, that's understandable. We all have our weakspots, after al-Wait a second!

If the pirates make a Turtle equivalent city, the Ymaryn city planner in me will scream out with the power of a supernova and burn it to a crips.
YOU WANT TO BURN TURTLES.

YOU MONSTER.
-15 affection points with @Omegahugger

[X] [React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))

Khem does not seem to have much of a shot for values. I prefer Highlanders over Trelli.

Back