What about their version of blackbirds they were mentioned?
Jungle warrior auxillaries from the Southern Nile(which is mountain jungle terrain IRL, and likely even denser here). Like the Swamp Folks.
We have two slots left and we need two slots, it's perfect. And it should synergies quite nicely with all the other annexes. Also we're going to be making new provinces, so that's an extra slot.
We need AT LEAST two slots.
One just to get it to Temple grade at all.
I'm not sure it's about letter vs spirit. AN said "rigid". I would propose "rigid" does in fact mean rigidly adhering to the word of the law - but, on the positive side, with no space for considerations. No considerations for the 'good reputation of the community', or for 'will this ruling offend people' or 'but they are such upright citizens!'. And that is good. Simply enforcing the law, without allowing personal considerations to enter the picture, is a good base for eventually having a comprehensive rule of law.

So I still agree with you it sounds like something good to have ;)
Basically yes, when we have too many holes in enforcement, its gold.

Not sure about keeping it long term, but its just the tool to purge corruption.

Jungle warrior auxillaries from the Southern Nile(which is mountain jungle terrain IRL, and likely even denser here). Like the Swamp Folks.

We need AT LEAST two slots.
One just to get it to Temple grade at all.

Basically yes, when we have too many holes in enforcement, its gold.

Not sure about keeping it long term, but its just the tool to purge corruption.

A least? No we need exactly two for the upgrade. We are currently at shrine lvl0, so 1slot for temple lvl1 , and second slot for grand temple lvl2.

So that's two slots in total.

[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [Iron] Allow finished goods to be traded
[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[X] [PiA] Trelli (Probably trade related)
[X] [PDN] Push forward forests (Sec Expand Forests, -1 Centralization)
[X] [PDN] Majorly push forward forests (Main Expand Forests, -2 Centralization)
[X] [React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))

If we can evolve it in the right direction it could also lower the rate corruption spreads again after we purged it.
Can't plan for that until we see what it does.

A least? No we need exactly two for the upgrade. We are currently at shrine lvl0, so 1slot for temple lvl1 , and second slot for grand temple lvl2.

So that's two slots in total.
Or its 0.5 -> 1 -> 1.5 -> 2 if it follows the Library progression.

I have a three step plan:
1. Absorb HK refugees.
2. Using refugee Econ, build Great Dam.
3. Celebrate building a wall and making the Highlanders pay for it.

[X] [Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[X] [Iron] Allow finished goods to be traded
[X] [PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[X] [PDN] Majorly push forward forests (Main Expand Forests, -2 Centralization)
[X] [React] Attempt to root out problems (Main Enforce Justice)

Do you guys think it's possible to combine Terrify, a Salt Gift and Mercenary War Missions at the HK to bribe border counts into switching sides, Terrify some more into doing the same and leave the Mercenaries to sort out what remains?

Is this approach acceptable to our anti-war crowd?

A similar package might work with the Trelli once we build a canal to ease trading with the Khemetri. They either crash and burn as their position becomes useless, or they swear fealty and become wealthy as part of us. They'd have to give up the Slave Trade, but that is probably the smallest part of their wealth.

Tally wally lee!

Vote Tally : Original - Paths of Civilization | Page 3773 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.9.1
Task: Pox
[94][Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the People gain Predictive Astrology)
[1][Pox] Yes (Khemetri gain knowledge of how to do the Sacred Warding, the
[1][Pox] No

——————————————————————————————————————————————Task: Iron
[87][Iron] Allow finished goods to be traded
[7][Iron] Open up the market for the metal
[1][Iron] Crack down on resale (-1 Stability)
[1][Iron] Leave it be

——————————————————————————————————————————————Task: React
[59][React] Reorganize army and hunt deserters (Found Mercenary Company + Sailing Mission (anti-pirate))
[26][React] Meet yeoman demands (Sec New Settlement + Sec New Roads, meets Yeoman faction demands)
[24][React] Attempt to root out problems (Main Enforce Justice)
[3][React] Pre-emptively meet forest demand (Main Expand Forest)
[1][React] Keep Working on the Docks (Adds another action towards the Grand Docks MP)
[1][React] Meet priest demands (2xSec Temple)
-[1][React] Sacred Forest
-[1][React] Dragon Graveyard

——————————————————————————————————————————————Task: PiA
[56][PiA] Highlanders (Probably In Service to Order)
[29][PiA] Trelli (Probably trade related)
[16][PiA] Khemetri (Probably Spiritual Value)
[5][PiA] Swamp Folk (Probably Honour Value)
[1][PiA] Thunder Horse (Probably Honour Value)

——————————————————————————————————————————————Task: PDN
[81][PDN] Majorly push forward forests (Main Expand Forests, -2 Centralization)
[7][PDN] Push forward forests (Sec Expand Forests, -1 Centralization)
[2][PDN] Bit more black soil (Sec Black Soil, -1 Centralization)
[2][PDN] Lots more black soil (Main Black Soil, -2 Centralization)
[1][PDN] Massively push forward farms (Main Expand Econ, -2 Centralization)
Total No. of Voters: 103

Soooooo...

The React and PiA votes are in some contention. With the 120+ voters we have been accruing they may flip with the runner up.

Everything else is pretty solid, barring something crazy happening.

To sorta summarize the points of the PiA and React vote as I and I alone understand them from interacting with the thread, so take it with a grain of salt;

PiA:
  • In Service to Order probably acts as a nice stability raiser or the like. It may involve the "rigid" adherence to the word of the law, without having considerations as to relative social standing or other similar things. Bluntly and blindly fair as it were.
  • InStO might have both positive and negative synergy with Joyous Symphony.
  • InStO may have a powerful fusion with Greater Justice and Community Health specc'd Iron Law. They will certainly modify it from how it works in Highlander society to something more fitting for us.
  • The Trade traits will boost our wealth income more than likely. Or they may do something else trade related. We do not have a lot of information beyond past experiences with Center of Trade.
  • We are having problems with our traders and patricians and other mercantile levels of society. Giving them more power with such a trait is likely to be rather unpleasant until we adapt, and we don't know how lingering any damage may be.
  • We will not be as vulnerable as the Trelli are, demonstrably, to being pinned between two trade powers. This is due to us being a regional producer of many different goods.
  • May foster further diplomatic contact through encouraging trade, dependent on the trait we get.

React:
  • Reorganize army and hunt deserters has a big Greater Justice ping hanging on it. Our mess, we clean it up.
  • The idea of reorganizing may involve more military advancements. And AN has directly indicated this will split off the Dragon Banner that Yenyna led. This band will likely be very mobile and also our first real semi-naval focused soldier group.
  • The action of finding the pirates is difficult though under a poor martial king. How much is uncertain.
  • This may not root out the problem that spawned them in the first place.
  • The yeomen vote gets us a neat +1 Stability by fulfilling their quest, likely meaning we enter the main turn with 3 Stability and multiple maxed stats. This means we may get a Golden Age if we can make it through the mid turn after that.
  • We get a new province and it is mostly trailed up, I think discussion before this update has determined that each current province needs two trails to be fully roaded up(can someone check this for me, plz?).
  • Problem, is that it expands near the unfriendly HK.
  • New province gets us closer to a new action and a new Guild Secondary.
  • Enforcing justice is intended to use our Admin guy Herty(punny nickname) to root out corruption, as we intended when we voted for him.
  • Counters any Cent drops we take completely. Gets us between 1 and 2 Stability.
  • Depending on what we vote for now it is fairly high likelyhood he will take an enforce Justice himself next main turn by word of AN.
  • It may stifle and dig out the original source of the pirates, tying back into that fighting corruption thing.

And I think that is everything I saw regarding these. I hope this collection of points helps!

Do you guys think it's possible to combine Terrify, a Salt Gift and Mercenary War Missions at the HK to bribe border counts into switching sides, Terrify some more into doing the same and leave the Mercenaries to sort out what remains?

Is this approach acceptable to our anti-war crowd?

A similar package might work with the Trelli once we build a canal to ease trading with the Khemetri. They either crash and burn as their position becomes useless, or they swear fealty and become wealthy as part of us. They'd have to give up the Slave Trade, but that is probably the smallest part of their wealth.
Not particularly anti-war but I like this, since it cuts down on the killing we end up doing from what I can see.

notice that THIS time I'm not advocating agaisnt it anymore, but rather in favor of pirate hunting because they're snowballing scourges.

We now hava a permanent, beneficial and renewable source of Centralization decrease we'd never run out of uses of(by shitting out mid turn forests, which I doubt we'd run out of uses any time soon). Enforce the hell away!
Cheerio then!

I'm much more comfortable with the HK value in that case.

Cheerio then!

I'm much more comfortable with the HK value in that case.
I tell it to ya Pblur.

I've had a continuous litany of "Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" running through my head since I realized we have an incredibly easy and reliable way to dump Cent when we need to now.

So many Treeeeeeeeeesssss...

*happy sighs*

!!!

Argument in favour of Khemetri: They have the ability to sacrifice Religious Authority instead of losing Stability. This would make absorbing large amounts of refugees a lot safer and allow us to obtain Golden Ages more easily.

And gives an excuse to build more and bigger Temples, which Omegahugger likes.

Argument in favour of Khemetri: They have the ability to sacrifice Religious Authority instead of losing Stability. This would make absorbing large amounts of refugees a lot safer and allow us to obtain Golden Ages more easily.
That mechanism is closely tied to their god-king setup, though. The god-king decrees it, so it can't be bad (no stab loss), in his function as god-king (RA payment). It is exactly that part of Khemetri spiritual values we don't want which enables that process.

Plus, it is probably the high-end product of quite an evolved value line.

Back