I didn't realise at first but thats Chip Whistler. Toffee has Chip Whistler.

What sin in a past life did Toffee do to warrant getting Demona & Chip Whistler on his team? With their combined incompetance and tendency for petty self destructive actions it's a wonder Toffee even has anything left in this dimension.
Actually, in Star vs., Toffee was disconcertingly good at getting good results from incompetent subordinates. Which is why I personally find his recruitment of Demona deeply worrying.

… no. We know exactly why he was smiling, Arathnorn basically told us. His primary goal in giving us this offer was to distract us from thoughts of petty revenge. He's smiling because he succeeded.
Frankly, I consider our best possible avenue for revenge on David to be something we already do anyway: cause more random, unpredictable chaos. Chaos that he has to try to deal with. As evidenced by him showing up here in the first place.

Ya know, with the franchise wars kicking up, i'm wondering if we could just try...Buying out some of the competition. I'm certain Glomgold would be willing to sell off his newly-acquired Pizza Planet for the right amount...

Ya know, with the franchise wars kicking up, i'm wondering if we could just try...Buying out some of the competition. I'm certain Glomgold would be willing to sell off his newly-acquired Pizza Planet for the right amount...
Honestly, I still think we should be the ones to sell out Doc Hopper's, after getting the Funds this upcoming turn. We got Kermit, that was nice and all, but we could just back out of the Franchise Wars and sell silphium as a flavoring to all sides.

Glomgold would know how valuable his company is and would price gouge us.
He's gonna do that regardless, yes. Hm...Negotiation...With Xanay, it was Diplo, and I think we probably stand a chance there (Glomgold is about as likeable as Joseph Goebbels transplanted with a praying mantis), but it's possible corporate negotiation could bring up Stewardship, where he's higher-tier then Phineas and Ferb.

Shame that the Franchise War didn't start like, a turn ago. Else, we could have sent Kitsune to cause mayhem in other persons restaurants, and bring bad fame to them.

Just an idea to make productive use of Goblin Fox.

Honestly, I still think we should be the ones to sell out Doc Hopper's, after getting the Funds this upcoming turn. We got Kermit, that was nice and all, but we could just back out of the Franchise Wars and sell silphium as a flavoring to all sides.

Or we could use the Wars as a sneaky way to take stabs at Toffees Earthside holdings, as I said yesterday.

With him being one of the biggest producers of foodstuffs aside from ourselves, both him and us are already effectively arms dealers supplying the actual combatants, meaning that by say, disrupting shipments of corn between him and others, we would be hurting his influence a lot.

Or we could use the Wars as a sneaky way to take stabs at Toffees Earthside holdings, as I said yesterday.

With him being one of the biggest producers of foodstuffs aside from ourselves, both him and us are already effectively arms dealers supplying the actual combatants, meaning that by say, disrupting shipments of corn between him and others, we would be hurting his influence a lot.
Sure, but that still isn't a reason to get involved as a franchise in the franchise wars. We could sell Doc Hopper's and still engage on the supply level.

Being an active opponent gives us way more potential growth outta it than being a "mere competing gun runner" to Toffee.
As with everything the problem is action economy.
We are obligated to spend actions on Zootopia. Then we will need to spend more actions making use of the payment we get from the deal.
We are not-quite obligated but strongly advised to get the dino park developed for the Glomgold deal.
We recruited a hero specifically to help us deal with the hats.
We are at serious risk of losing our lead in robotics and AI.
We are halfway through trying to contact a new faction before anyone else.
We just got a very blatant "hint" that we need to stop sitting on the other-dimension research.
A bunch of voters want to deal with the BH6 factions rather than actual threats like Toffee.

We do not have the time or attention to waste on the franchise wars.

A bunch of voters want to deal with the BH6 factions rather than actual threats like Toffee.

Something I at least could do without.

But I do agree that we are a bit occupied right now.

Still, the Franchise Wars would give us a way to hinder Toffee, if nothing else.

EDIT:

Look, I get your worries, but can´t we at least *Have a look at the "frontlines" first* before turning tail at the first sign of problems?

Last edited:
As with everything the problem is action economy.
This isn't entirely fair, since only 3 of these would fall into Stewardship.

Zootopia, AI, and Dinoparks. Depending on how the state of affairs are when we finish one of these we could probably slot in Franchise War, same with Diplo. Most of these other options are Learning/Intrigue/Martial. It shouldn't be a priority, and we should be willing to sell Doc Hoppers if needed; but if we ever have an extra action slot we can slide it in since not every type will be full at once.

I also take issue with you saying we want to deal with BH6 instead of Actual threats, since Toffee isn't an active threat right now; and it is safer to not poke the lizard wizard until we have better defenses and know how stuff like infiltration and sabotage work. San Fran is also very much on the cusp of exploding horribly with one of our heroes (and our Daughter) in it, while also having several characters we would like to turn into a heroball with an existing character we have in a large part to better prepare us for actual threats like Negaduck, DOR-15, and Toffee, and hopefully nab Sycorax to strengthen several of our existing industries when its done. After Liv explodes I believe the plan is only do BH6 related actions with the BH6 character to try and improve em, no longer focusing on it.

Doom is really the more "Overly Focus for no good reason" character since he isn't about to explode, we just rightfully despise every fiber

Last edited:
Prototype Plan based off Current Concerns:
-Martial: Rent PMC/Black Ops
-Diplomacy: Olympia Collab (Good vs. Evil Branding War?)
-Diplomacy: ____________
-Stewardship: Collaborate with Bellewhether
-Stewardship: AI/Dinoparks/Retreat
-Extra Action: Stewardship (_____________)
-Intrigue: Who's Who in the Franchise Wars
-Intrigue: Sleeper Agents (Sycorax)
-Learning: Greco-Roman Terraforming
-Learning: Other-Dimensioninator/Dinos
-Occult: ____________

What do you guys think?

Look, I get your worries, but can´t we at least *Have a look at the "frontlines" first* before turning tail at the first sign of problems?
If you mean "wait until the update so we can see our options" then… no. As no one else ever waits until the turn is posted to make and argue for plans.
If you mean "spend an action investigating the situation" then hell no. Spending one of our extremely limited actions to see if it is worth spending more actions just means we are in an even worse position.

This isn't entirely fair, since only 3 of these would fall into Stewardship.

Zootopia, AI, and Dinoparks. Depending on how the state of affairs are when we finish one of these we could probably slot in Franchise War, same with Diplo. Most of these other options are Learning/Intrigue/Martial. It shouldn't be a priority, and we should be willing to sell Doc Hoppers if needed; but if we ever have an extra action slot we can slide it in since not every type will be full at once.
Zootopia is a single stewardship action… the main benefit of which is opening up other, more lucrative, actions.
AI is multiple possible actions and is very likely to have further upgrades when we are finished with this round.
Dinoparks are multiple actions and lead to a giant collaboration aimed at global expansion.

None of these are going to 'finish' any time soon unless we abandon them half done.

What do you guys think?
Martial must be the Black Ops. I refuse to consider delaying it yet another turn.

A diplomacy should be spent on recruitment. We have plenty of open slots in our roster. Could use the other to sell our fast food stuff.

Last I heard we intend to delay the retreat a turn so we can do Zootopia, Dino and AI all next turn.

Sod the Franchise Was. We need to start infiltrating people and with Russ (hopefully) back we can finally make a move on Doom/Bobcat.

We need to Triangulate The Signal before Shego catches up.

For occult we should recruit an occult hero. Second action… probably another of the basic foundational actions.

Martial must be the Black Ops. I refuse to consider delaying it yet another turn.
Fair.
A diplomacy should be spent on recruitment. We have plenty of open slots in our roster. Could use the other to sell our fast food stuff.
Two reasons why that's a not exactly feasible:
1) We've gotten two more heroes this turn, plus we're getting Russ back. That puts our hero unit number up to 28, with two slots left. So, no, we don't have plenty. Plus, we don't need new general hero units.
2) Selling Hopper's is I'm pretty sure a Stewardship, which we can't exactly spare.
Last I heard we intend to delay the retreat a turn so we can do Zootopia, Dino and AI all next turn.
Fair enough.
Sod the Franchise Was. We need to start infiltrating people and with Russ (hopefully) back we can finally make a move on Doom/Bobcat.
No. Franchise Wars may be costly to the Action Economy, but it gives us funds, which we don't have a lot of (I'll drop this point once we hit double digits), and it's a good way to curtail Toffee's influence. Plus, Doom's not on a timer. San Fransokyo is, and Wendy and Vanessa are in the blast radius. So, I'd rather we invest our resources there than LA.
Fair enough. I can go with Dimensioninator or Triangulate.
For occult we should recruit an occult hero. Second action… probably another of the basic foundational actions.
Yeah, probably a good idea. We need more occult focused heroes, rather than just general stat ones. We've got lots of those

If you mean "wait until the update so we can see our options" then… no. As no one else ever waits until the turn is posted to make and argue for plans.
If you mean "spend an action investigating the situation" then hell no. Spending one of our extremely limited actions to see if it is worth spending more actions just means we are in an even worse position.

Zootopia is a single stewardship action… the main benefit of which is opening up other, more lucrative, actions.
AI is multiple possible actions and is very likely to have further upgrades when we are finished with this round.
Dinoparks are multiple actions and lead to a giant collaboration aimed at global expansion.

None of these are going to 'finish' any time soon unless we abandon them half done.

Eh....I'm more into infiltrating Sycorax. Wendy's timer is almost up, and, combined with the recent ominous interlude, it appears things may be about to reach a boiling point.

I think it's pretty clear that the Zaibatsu are a more immediate threat right now, even if Toffee's bigger in total.

Last edited:

...If the Franchise Wars (which had been hinted at brewing in the background at least the turn before now) are that much of a problem, *why did we even buy out Hoppers (which was likely to escalate things further) in the first place*?

Surely not so that we MIGHT get Kermit (who, while a funny character admittedly, isn´t THAT great stat-wise), right?

I for one did it because I wanted to indirectly expand the reach of our foodstuff and fully aware that us as one of the main comestible providers in the US gobbling up the "last" free restaurant chain would heat up things even more.

So other people apparently having gotten blindsided by the repurcussions of our doings is seriously confusing me.

Jan/Feb 2018 - Star Hunt Part Two

Martial
  • Form a black ops group (Technor, Juniper, Gomez)
    • Get it finally done
Diplomacy
  • TBD (Hats, Recruit, expand, collab/RA, potential olympia collab)
Stewardship
  • Restore Zootopian Climate Systems
  • Civilian AI (Alan)
Intrigue
  • TBD
    • Infiltrate Sycorax / Cloverfield (or Both)
    • Potential Olympia Collab?
    • Underworld
Learning
  • Research Large Carnivore Domestication (Jumba)
  • Research Greco-Roman Landscaping
Occult
  • Repair the Avatar of Felldrake (Janna)
  • Search for Magical Individuals (Tobe or Kitsune)
Monogram
  • Split Second or Diecast collab with Olympia (in conjunction with Civilian AI)

Here is a basic framework for next turn that I think will be good, with some flexibility in both diplomacy and intrigue.

Monogram doing Diecast as the Olympia collab means he gets to hang with Sinatron some more and narratively it would probably be Doof and Karl that does the actual work

I don't want to do Monogram on ODI because
  1. We already missed out on the potential narrative synergy benefit of having ODI done for Gomez's inator, so trying to chase it after the fact just means we'll continue to miss different synergies and we will forever be playing catch up
  2. I'd rather it be put into the hands of a learning hero / scientist that would appreciate it
  3. Him doing the diecast collab frees us to do both that collab and the Civilian AI with Alan next turn, so we can commit and focus to pushing our AI & Robotics advantage while we still have it.
  4. I still want to do ODI, but turn after next. I would have done it this turn but people voted for the Zootopia thing (I personally voted to stay out of Zootopia as we were too busy *shrug*)

Last edited:

(Technor/Gomez/Juniper) Black Ops needs to be our option for Martial just due to our hero cap being at 28/30 where we intend to recruit an occult character at minimum no matter what. We need hero balls unlocked. For funds, we're having the income refill turn coming up soon so that isn't a major concern.

(Cruella + Kermit) For Diplomacy, we need to do the hats in some form. We don't want them to get any sort of major foothold and so prepping against that is common sense. The second Diplomacy action is fairly open honestly. Expanding into Japan (Done before the income refill and into the land of robots), Recruiting Gogo (As Fred can be grabbed via Russ personal), setting up a lobby (Since we will likely want it at some point and so getting it set up is useful), any franchise war actions that pop up, or any write ins that people really want to pursue.

(Roddy + Wasabi/Moseby if Diecast or Alan for Civvie) With stewardship we have one action tied up in the Bellweather Collab. Otherwise we need to do a advanced robotics field option for the second which is Civilian AI or Diecast Robotics. If we are doing it as the collab, we pick Diecast 100% of the time as its a harder DC to make, if putting the collab in Diplo or Intrigue we grab Civilian AI.

(Mez + Russ if back, otherwise Tobe) Intrigue is very dependent on if we get Russ back and if he's able to work. Since our main options this turn are Doofanian Underworld and Sycorax without him based on DC. With him back, we can start looking towards actually trying to do Negaduck on the limited timer we have. Murderous Toon likely will also unlock itself with bringing information but we probably should have Coyote do the ACME information personal this turn to give us more to work with before attempting it.

(Jumba + Wasabi/Lizzy) With Learning we're locked into GRT no matter what. And just for sheer DC reasons I believe we should be doing Dinos as our second, just so we aren't delaying both of our high DC Jumba actions this turn. This is over Genetics this turn since this allows us to be safe by continuing to make attempts at Dinos for Glomgold, while we can't actually make use of any newly opened genetics options the turn after this one. So doing Genetics second compared to Dinos should be fine.

(Kitsune + 1 of Tobe/Janna) Occult is locked in for searching for magical individuals and repairing the avatar of Felldrake. We need to recruit Occult characters to improve our weakest division and we need to repair the Avatar to reopen the questline + to prevent Felldrake from getting mad at us.

Extra actions with Monogram: If Monogram is around we have two options for what to do with him if he's available. Option 1 is we put him on ODI and our learning action econ becomes nicer as we can do Cure Genetic Diseases + Triangulation if it is in Learning (Otherwise probably Silphium) the turn after. Option 2 however, is we go for a double robotics turn. We put Monogram on the Diecast Robotics collab while putting Alan onto Civilian AI in an attempt to do them both in one turn. This is mainly only an option if we get a lot of stewardship based options for the franchise war and really need to try and get ahead imo.

While I like Split Second and think it is something we do want to do in the near future, I think it is less important to do this turn than unclogging our Stewardship or Learning with more important actions in terms of action econ.

Surely not so that we MIGHT get Kermit (who, while a funny character admittedly, isn´t THAT great stat-wise), right?
Admittedly, he is actually really good for someone to place on Diplomacy nationals, though I'm pretty sure that was somewhat unintentional.

Last edited:
Also we can probably do a lot more sabotage/corporate intrigue regarding the Franchise Wars once we have the actual black ops team and special black ops actions, so we should form them before diving head first into corporate warfare.

Alright then. I have heard the points of a lot of people, and I think I have something a bit more concrete. Here goes:

[ ] Plan: Shadow Construction (Mk I)
-[ ] Martial: Form Black Ops (Mez/Technor)
--[ ] Juniper, Lizzy/Gomez/Mez
-[ ] Diplomacy: Anti-Hats (Cruella)
-[ ] Diplomacy: Expand/Recruit/Collaborate (Kermit?)
-[ ] Stewardship: Collaborate with Bellewhether (Roddy)
--[ ] Restore Zootopia Climate Systems
-[ ] Stewardship: Civilian AI (Bradley/Wasabi)
-[ ] Monogram: Collaborate with Olympia
--[ ] Diecast Robotics
-[ ] Intrigue: Infiltrate Cloverleaf (Russ)
-[ ] Intrigue: Infiltrate Sycorax/Funtelligence (Tobe)
-[ ] Learning: Greco-Roman Terraforming (Lizzy (if available))
-[ ] Learning: Carnivore Domestication (Jumba)
-[ ] Occult: Repair Avatar (Janna)
-[ ] Occult: Search for Magical Individuals (Kitsune)

Last edited:
Alright then. I have heard the points of a lot of people, and I think I have something a bit more concrete. Here goes:

[ ] Plan: Shadow Construction (Mk I)
-[ ] Martial: Form Black Ops (Mez/Technor)
--[ ] Juniper, Lizzy/Gomez/Mez
-[ ] Diplomacy: Anti-Hats (Cruella)
-[ ] Diplomacy: Expand/Recruit/Collaborate (Kermit?)
-[ ] Stewardship: Collaborate with Bellewhether (Roddy)
--[ ] Restore Zootopia Climate Systems
-[ ] Stewardship: Civilian AI (Bradley/Wasabi)
-[ ] Monogram: Collaborate with Olympia
--[ ] Diecast Robotics
-[ ] Intrigue: Infiltrate Cloverleaf (Russ)
-[ ] Intrigue: Infiltrate Sycorax/Funtelligence (Tobe)
-[ ] Learning: Greco-Roman Terraforming (Lizzy (if available))
-[ ] Learning: Carnivore Domestication (Jumba)
-[ ] Occult: Repair Avatar (Janna)
-[ ] Occult: Search for Magical Individuals (Kitsune)
-[ ] Personals
--[ ] Doof: Mirage Lying Practice
--[ ] Doof: Time Management Class
--[ ] Doof: Commune with CJ
--[ ] Doof: Spend time with Norm
--[ ] Khan: Study History
--[ ] Norm: Polish off Upgrades
--[ ] Dennis: Train with Maui Malard
--[ ] Technor (if available): Build giant robot body
--[ ] Max: Hang out with Russ
--[ ] Bradley (if available): ???
--[ ] Wasabi (if available): Obsessively Check San Fransokyo Cape News
--[ ] Gomez (if available): Toady Up
--[ ] Mezmerella (if available): Fiddle with your costume
--[ ] Moseby: Interact with the Toons/Wage war against the Lobby Ninja
(Hm, Toonforce chaos or regular chaos? Decisions, decisions...)
--[ ] Marco: Train with Macbeth
--[ ] Tom: Search for Star
No. Let's not plan personals, or really too far of a concrete plan this far in advance. Also I disagree with what personals you chose and I really think debating what personals to choose right now is way too premature.

Back