...come to think of it, we really have been stressing the therapy part of Technor more than the EVIL

• Martial: Black Ops (Khan, Tobe, Juniper, Mez)
  • Diplo
    • Recruit Cruella (Max)
    • Research with Zaibatsu (Technor)
  • Stewardship
    • Hoppers (Moseby)
    • TBD (Roddy)
    • TBD (Monogram?)
  • Intrigue
    • Moles (Alan)
    • National write in to search for Star (Marco)
  • Learning
    • Carnivore Dinos or Fairy Book (Jumba) (If Monogram is on ODI -> Fairy Book)
    • Transmissions (Wasabi)
    • ODI (Monogram?)
  • Occult
    • Russ (Janna)
    • TBD (Golems, BMT, etc.) (Gomez)
  • Inator: Activate
  • Personals
    • Doof (Bellwether, Talk to Norm, Tinker with Inators OR Dinner + PA)
    • Tom and Lizzy help Marco look for Star
    • Kitsune: Chaos
    • Dennis: TBD
    • Norm: TBD

Thinking of something like this, incorporating the recent optimization of putting Tobe on the temporary heroball instead of Technor.

One potential difference is having Technor recruit Cruella instead of Max but Max can be the narrative's chew-toy so lets have him recruit Cruella.
Counterpoint, Max going into an experimental Lab is pure comedy potential.
If we can get Cruellas DC I think should be the deciding factor. Also have Norm and Dennis join the search for star for kicks.

• Martial: Black Ops (Khan, Tobe, Juniper, Mez)
  • Diplo
    • Recruit Cruella (Max)
    • Research with Zaibatsu (Technor)
  • Stewardship
    • Hoppers (Moseby)
    • TBD (Roddy)
    • TBD (Monogram?)
  • Intrigue
    • Moles (Alan)
    • National write in to search for Star (Marco)
  • Learning
    • Carnivore Dinos or Fairy Book (Jumba) (If Monogram is on ODI -> Fairy Book)
    • Transmissions (Wasabi)
    • ODI (Monogram?)
  • Occult
    • Russ (Janna)
    • TBD (Golems, BMT, etc.) (Gomez)
  • Inator: Activate
  • Personals
    • Doof (Bellwether, Talk to Norm, Tinker with Inators OR Dinner + PA)
    • Tom and Lizzy help Marco look for Star
    • Kitsune: Chaos
    • Dennis: TBD
    • Norm: TBD

Thinking of something like this, incorporating the recent optimization of putting Tobe on the temporary heroball instead of Technor.

One potential difference is having Technor recruit Cruella instead of Max but Max can be the narrative's chew-toy so lets have him recruit Cruella.
I'd rather do a national write-in for Kitsune to steal stuff for Intrigue, maybe steal some of Doom's new AI stuff to find out where it's coming from or steal magic items from the Magus Bazaar, than have her Spread Chaos - we beat 100 with it before and got very little out of it, let's leave the Star search to personals and rob our rivals blind

I'd rather do a national write-in for Kitsune to steal stuff for Intrigue, maybe steal some of Doom's new AI stuff to find out where it's coming from or steal magic items from the Magus Bazaar, than have her Spread Chaos - we beat 100 with it before and got very little out of it, let's leave the Star search to personals and rob our rivals blind
I think then we would be missing out on a great opportunity for Mirage's character development.

Last time we saw her she was thinking about how Hego told her to "Do Better", what that actually means, and whatnot.

Using say, her botnets to find star / focus on dealing with Toffee could be a way to give her new direction focus, using her skills for good.

Taking criticisms into account, here's the updated version:

[ ] Plan: Cleaning and Updating the House Mk. II
-[ ] Nationals
--[ ] Martial: Form a black ops group (Khan w/ Juniper, Dennis, Coyote/Ludivine (Note, this is just a temporary list until we can actually decide who is good for this; these guys had easily sacrificed personals, so they can form this one team that mostly focuses on narrative cohesion with some references to stats and then get dissolved next turn)) (Get those heroballs rolling)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Form a Research Agreement with Drakktech (Establish a bit more friendly ties with Shego & coupled with the learning actions) (Wasabi)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Recruit Cruella de Ville (Kitsune (Yeah, I know, odd choice, but c'mon; why wouldn't the vandalistic vigilante fashionista get along with the arsonist trickster fox like a literal house on fire? And if you're worried about Kitsune's chaos, well... they could leave France with a bang)) (C'mon, it's anti-villain Cruella! Why shouldn't we?)
--[ ] Stewardship: Olympia Action (Janus) (Whether that be hostile takeover or shoring up, we need to follow up before Winston loses any more assets)
--[ ] Stewardship: Implement Large Herbivore Exhibits (Monogram) (It's basically free money from Glomgold; we should not let this sit around)
--[ ] Stewardship: Clear the name of Bonkers Bobcat (Mirage) (Time to respond to Doom's "ceasefire" with a classic Dr. Evil "How about no?!")

--[ ] Intrigue: Root out Moles (Mezmerella (I am not putting Alan on this action given his track record and the fact that he has 10 less intrigue than Mez)) (Needs to be done)
--[ ] Intrigue: Investigate the Society of the Blind Eye (Tobe) (Get us ready for Bill and may help us get Russ)
--[ ] Learning: Decode Odd Transmissions (Alan) (Get us to Tempest before Shego, plus the research agreement aligns our interests)
--[ ]
Learning: Research Sublight Drives (Jumba) (Gives us bargaining chips with Xanatos and Shego, plus the research agreement makes it more favorable)
--[ ]
Occult: Golumetric Theory (Gomez) (Gives us increases in our PMC, reduces Avatar repair, and unlocks new avenues for defense, especially given how prone we are to getting invaded)
--[ ]
Occult: Find Russ (Janna) (Needs to be done)
-[ ] Personals:

--[ ] Doof
---[ ] Personal Attention (Russ/Bobcat)
---[ ] Bellewether Dinner
--[ ] Goofy
---[ ] Finish your degree online
--[ ] Wile E. Coyote*
---[ ] Expand ACME projects to Japan
--[ ] Norm
---[ ] End platypode obsession/become a real boy
--[ ] Max
---[ ] Write-in: Help your dad with his degree
--[ ] Ludivine von Drake*
---[ ] Repair the Martian Robot
--[ ] Lizzy
---[ ] Search for Star with the Marcnificent Few
--[ ] Roddy Blair
---[ ] Design a lair
----[ ] Janna
--[ ] Tom Lucitor
--[ ] Marco
--[ ] Malifishmirtz
---[ ] Tend to your goozim menagerie
-[ ] Don't activate an inator

*May not do this depending on who takes the Black Ops action
Reasons for Personals and Other Actions: These actions were chosen due to them boosting the stats of their respective hero, does something constructive for them (Search for Star), or requires more input (Martian Robot & Japan) (with the exception being Janna's lair, which we can do with the money saved on not buying Hopper right now). This turn, I want to focus on personal improvement and outreach, which involves talking to people, improving our heroes, and making cooperation with us valuable. Before any of you tell me that Bonkers is not any of those, wrong; it's for Mirage to recover and use her skills for a beneficial purpose after laying the groundwork during the Tower Hotel investigation and establishing contact with the Red Car. Also, with how cutthroat fast food is getting, I'm worried that that's another thing that's going to suck our attention away from other things, which we don't need right now, so we can hold off on Hopper's for another turn I think. I threw in that action for Max as a bit of a "why the hell not?" to see if the QMs would even accept that as a valid write-in, considering Max's only personal seems to be playing video games. As for not activating an inator.... Yeah. No. I'd rather not take any chances this turn.

There is a bunch of things wrong with this plan.
--[ ] Martial: Form a black ops group (Khan w/ Juniper, Dennis, Coyote/Ludivine
I don't like this hero ball. Dennis on black ops is bad idea, same as putting Ludivine on it. Coyote is okay but we would need a marital councilor to replace him and we don't even know if we can heroball him yet as he is a councilor.
--[ ] Diplomacy: Recruit Cruella de Ville (Kitsune (Yeah, I know, odd choice, but c'mon; why wouldn't the vandalistic vigilante fashionista get along with the arsonist trickster fox like a literal house on fire? And if you're worried about Kitsune's chaos, well... they could leave France with a bang))
You really think the QM will let us munchkin the goblin fox trait like this... I got a bridge to sell you.
--[ ] Stewardship: Olympia Action (Janus)
Janus is councilor. Cannot do action.
--[ ] Stewardship: Clear the name of Bonkers Bobcat (Mirage)
Is councilor. Cannot do action
--[ ] Goofy
---[ ] Finish your degree online
--[ ] Wile E. Coyote*
---[ ] Expand ACME projects to Japan
--[ ] Ludivine von Drake*
---[ ] Repair the Martian Robot
--[ ] Roddy Blair
---[ ] Design a lair
We can't afford this if we want to buy hopper.
--[ ] Malifishmirtz
---[ ] Tend to your goozim menagerie

I heavily disagree with this plan but in addition to that, right away there are tons of straight up invalid decisions. No inators is an immediate no for me, but that's another conversation entirely.

Edit:

Forgot the worst part, the Learning is the wrong color!

Last edited:
-[ ] Nationals
--[ ] Martial: Form a black ops group (Khan w/ Juniper, Dennis, Coyote/Ludivine (Note, this is just a temporary list until we can actually decide who is good for this; these guys had easily sacrificed personals, so they can form this one team that mostly focuses on narrative cohesion with some references to stats and then get dissolved next turn)) (Get those heroballs rolling)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Form a Research Agreement with Drakktech (Establish a bit more friendly ties with Shego & coupled with the learning actions) (Wasabi)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Recruit Cruella de Ville (Kitsune (Yeah, I know, odd choice, but c'mon; why wouldn't the vandalistic vigilante fashionista get along with the arsonist trickster fox like a literal house on fire? And if you're worried about Kitsune's chaos, well... they could leave France with a bang)) (C'mon, it's anti-villain Cruella! Why shouldn't we?)
--[ ] Stewardship: Olympia Action (Janus) (Whether that be hostile takeover or shoring up, we need to follow up before Winston loses any more assets)
--[ ] Stewardship: Implement Large Herbivore Exhibits (Monogram) (It's basically free money from Glomgold; we should not let this sit around)
--[ ] Stewardship: Clear the name of Bonkers Bobcat (Mirage) (Time to respond to Doom's "ceasefire" with a classic Dr. Evil "How about no?!")

--[ ] Intrigue: Root out Moles (Mezmerella (I am not putting Alan on this action given his track record and the fact that he has 10 less intrigue than Mez)) (Needs to be done)
--[ ] Intrigue: Investigate the Society of the Blind Eye (Tobe) (Get us ready for Bill and may help us get Russ)
--[ ] Learning: Decode Odd Transmissions (Alan) (Get us to Tempest before Shego, plus the research agreement aligns our interests)
--[ ]
Learning: Research Sublight Drives (Jumba) (Gives us bargaining chips with Xanatos and Shego, plus the research agreement makes it more favorable)
--[ ]
Occult: Golumetric Theory (Gomez) (Gives us increases in our PMC, reduces Avatar repair, and unlocks new avenues for defense, especially given how prone we are to getting invaded)
--[ ]
Dennis is explicitly stated to not be Black Ops Material, Kitsune has Goblin Fox active so she can't do a Diplo action, and the Councilers don't get actions next turn (Ludivine, Coyote, Mal, Goofy, Mirage, and Janus).

Also for your other things, Roddy should be Dinosaurs if were even doing them, not Monogram.I think They're DC 150 without XP and Monogram get I think a +55 on it, so he needs to roll a 95 or Higher, or 85 with XP

Edit: ok their 120, which is still a 55 to do while Roddy has an 83 to Monograms 55 which is a major likelyhood increase

Last edited:
We should probably hold off on plans anyways. We still have the council interlude, mechanics overhaul, and new actions suggested by councilor. Plus a lot of actions we plan to take we don't know the DC yet.

Apparently, I made some gross miscalculations in my last plan. Okay, last one, here we go again!

[ ] Plan: Cleaning and Updating the House Mk. II (Take Two)
-[ ] Nationals
--[ ] Martial: Form a black ops group (Khan w/ Juniper, Technor, Mez (I am only advocating these candidates because there is literally no one else. This is a problem.)) (Get those heroballs rolling)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Recruit Cruella de Ville (Max (Seriously, why is there no one better)) (C'mon, it's anti-villain Cruella! Why shouldn't we?)
--[ ] Stewardship: Olympia Action (Moseby) (Whether that be hostile takeover or shoring up, we need to follow up before Winston loses any more assets)
--[ ] Stewardship: Implement Large Herbivore Exhibits (Roddy) (It's basically free money from Glomgold; we should not let this sit around)
--[ ] Stewardship: Clear the name of Bonkers Bobcat (Monogram) (Time to respond to Doom's "ceasefire" with a classic Dr. Evil "How about no?!")

--[ ] Intrigue: Root out Moles (Kitsune (C'mon, tell me to my face that hunting moles down like mice won't satisfy Goblin Fox)) (Needs to be done)
--[ ]
--[ ]
--[ ]
-[ ] Personals:

--[ ] Doof
---[ ] Personal Attention
----[ ] Bobcat/Russ
--[ ] Dennis
---[ ] Train with Maui Malard
--[ ] Norm
---[ ] End obsession with platypodes/try to become a real boy
--[ ] Lizzy
--[ ] Tom
--[ ] Marco

So, here is the one the Discord has seemed to come up with for you guys not on it. I just want you guys to be up to speed
[ ] Plan: Nystical is a very very smart person (He organizes most of these into good ideas)
-[ ] Nationals
--[ ] Martial: Form a black ops group (Khan w/ Juniper, Mezmerella, Tobe) (Best group to have on it to be both Functional and not cripple other actions, mostly Diplomacy)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Form a Research Agreement with Bakeamono (Technor or Max) (Esoteric Transportation is considered High Value)
--[ ] Diplomacy: Recruit Cruella de Ville (Max or Technor) (Amazing Diplo Hero for when Technor works on Mech)
--[ ] Stewardship: Shore Up Olympia (Roddy) (Winston is our main Ally, and a Hostile takeover will screw him over)
--[ ] Stewardship: Doc Hoppers (Moseby) (Implied to be time sesnitive by DMs, and everyone wants Kermit)
--[ ] Intrigue: Root out Moles (Alan) (Best Intrigue Unit left)
--[ ] Intrigue: Search for Star Butterfly on Mirages Botnet (Marco) (Get Marco Loyalty, allow Mirage to try to improve despite not getting an action this turn, increase his relationship with Lizzy, and hopefully make a breakthrough finding Star)
--[ ] Learning: Decode Odd Transmissions (Wasabi) (Sitting on it to long, now an actual race with Shego)
--[ ] Learning: Either Fairy Book or Meat Eaters (Jumba) (If we do Dinosaur Park Stewardship Meat Eaters to finish next turn, otherwise we can put off and get the Fairy book done)
--[ ] Occult: Golumetric Theory (Gomez) (Gives us increases in our PMC, reduces Avatar repair, and unlocks new avenues for defense, especially given how prone we are to getting invaded)
--[ ] Occult: Find Russ (Janna) (Needs to be done)
--[ ] Monogram: Either an easy Stewardship (Such as Bakaemono Supply Chain or Bonkers if it is Significantly lowered, possibly put Roddy on Dinosaurs and Monogram on Shore Up Olympia depending on DC) or ODI (Get it done, helps with any future actions against Toffee, give extra dimensional actions, 99% success chance)
-[ ] Personals:
--[ ] Doof
---[ ] Personal Attention (Russ/Cruella/Star)
--[ ] Norm
---[ ]Become Real Boy/Get Over your Obsession with Platypodes
--[ ] Dennis the Duck
---[ ] Train with Maui Malard
--[ ] Lizzy
---[ ] Search for Star
--[ ] Tom Lucitor
---[ ] Search for Star
--[ ] Kitsune
---[ ] Spread Chaos

-[ ] Activate an inator

Last edited:
--[ ] Intrigue: Root out Moles (Kitsune (C'mon, tell me to my face that hunting moles down like mice won't satisfy Goblin Fox)) (Needs to be done)
Actually asked in the Discord and no Hunting for Moles doesn't actually satisfy Goblin Fox

penguinbowler
Would Hunt for Moles be a way to satiate Goblin Fox?

Arathnorn — 04/26/2022
Nope. There might be a short sudden stop at the end of some investigations depending how she... does things, but thats not the focus.

--[ ] Doof
---[ ] Personal Attention (Russ/Cruella/Star)
--[ ] Norm
---[ ]Become Real Boy/Get Over your Obsession with Platypodes
I'd like to strongly request we put Doof on thinking about Norm, because I feel like putting it off for a turn is a bad choice to make, character-wise. He needs to confront it, not throw himself into work.

Approaching the topic of Technor's next few turns from a metagaming perspective, the fact that he's not doing therapy for three turns specifically feels to me like the QMs are whacking us with a clue-by-four marked "Assemble his giant robot body already".
No, it feels like a clue by four marked "use him for things other than therapy!"

In the discord it feels like I see the message "therapy is not a magic character development button!" once a week? I think that the break from therapy indicates they don't want us doing therapy. Not anything more than that.

No, it feels like a clue by four marked "use him for things other than therapy!"

In the discord it feels like I see the message "therapy is not a magic character development button!" once a week? I think that the break from therapy indicates they don't want us doing therapy. Not anything more than that.
The "three" is the part I was drawing attention to. Not only is he taking a break from therapy, he's taking a break that's apparently exactly as long as he needs to build his robot body.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

According to WOG, Tobe is already a Heroball. Thus, he is absolutely NOT viable to get rolled into the Black Ops Team.

On another note, I do believe Lizzy should be kept out of Black Ops and we should have Technor lead the group.

I also believe she should be kept out of the long-term Black Ops team, but I do think that Lizzy should absolutely be in the temporary one.

This is like the only chance we're going to get for Technor to build his mech and we desperately need Diplomacy heroes right now. Lizzy has better direct combat ability than Technor and won't clash for leadership with Khan.

The permanent heroball Technor will be leading isn't something we should cut corners on, we should use the time we have to make sure it'll be as strong as possible when we do build it, which means building the mech while Khan and Lizzy fill the temp ball.

Approaching the topic of Technor's next few turns from a metagaming perspective, the fact that he's not doing therapy for three turns specifically feels to me like the QMs are whacking us with a clue-by-four marked "Assemble his giant robot body already".

Honestly, I always wondered how good that robot body is supposed to be to warrant *at least* 3 PAs from one of our more integral Operatives.

It kinda feels like a bad cost/effect ratio from the start, you know?

Honestly, I always wondered how good that robot body is supposed to be to warrant *at least* 3 PAs from one of our more integral Operatives.

It kinda feels like a bad cost/effect ratio from the start, you know?
It's not really any different from the PAs that involve gradually chipping away at a progress bar. The only difference is that the progress bar is split up in a slightly more interesting way.

I assume that it's going to involve a really impressive boost to Technor's Martial score, enough to propel him from "solid all-rounder" to "one of our best Martial heroes who's also a solid all-rounder".

Total Heroballable Heroes next turn are
Khan
Technor
Lizzy
Mez
Juniper
Possibly Janna but not entirely sure on that one (She is also our best Occult Hero)

If we wait a round then Kitsune and Wile become avaliable as well.

Honestly, if we didn't have the crippling Diplomacy Weakness right now I'd say Khan, Technor, Mez, Juniper, no contest but Technor Mez and Juniper are our 3 best avaliable Diplomacy Heroes since Wendy is busy for the next 3 months, Moseby is on Stewardship, Kitsune is in Gremlin mode, and we stuck most of our other strong diplo heroes on Council. If we do it this turn, we have to use Khan and Lizzy with one of the other 3 being cut, or rely on Max (With his Whopping 13 Diplo) to recruit Cruella and Wasabi to do the next, hopefully easy task.

There is also the issue don't think any plan with Lizzy on the Ball will get enough votes to go through though, so we're really trapped.

We could stall it out on a pointless action this turn, but part of the point of the Heroball is to clear up roster space. The only martial action that would give the same value is the one that gives a second martial, which Khan even with his Tech Malus is our best bet, but he is a +79, giving us a 19% chance after EXP, and we'd have to use Monogram on Stewardship to get +5 Roster space.

I'd say before we finalise this, we should check out the DCs for the Diplomacy actions that turn. If we can get a Cruella that isn't to high and a low DC for Wasabi we can PA Max and use the Technor/Juniper/Mez/Khan temp ball. But if it is so High we need an actual Specialist like Mez or Technor, we need to probably bite the bullet and stick Lizzy on it for a few turns.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for the hero balling:
Stat in themselves dont really matter. Its important how the individual heroes interact.
A bad example is L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N., because they are all learning heroes their individual learning is high, but because of personality issues and differing goals they got into each other's way.

A good herobal example is Monogram and O.W.C.A. or the Vagabond Ninjas because they work together well.

on another note, im REALLY curious what a heroballed Jumba, Janus and 2 other... morally grey learning hero would do as a hero ball. Like i can see Liv Amara being a good fit in there... but still that's a long way to go.

Ok, so we got 3 effectives Black Ops Options.

1. Now with Technor
Pros: Very Strong all Rounder Heroball, can spend longer finalizing future hero choices
Cons: Best remaining Diplo is Max and Wasabi.

2. Now with Lizzy
Pros: Technor Mech long term, immediate Diplo option
Cons: Still need to rely on Max for a Diplo. Heroball more temporary do to Lizzy having other people she works better with

3. Wait 2 turns
Pros. 2 Diplo heroes next turn, after which Cruella, Kitsune and possibly Kermit can take over. More time to find good options, fulp roster avaliable for consideration.
Cons. Restructuring Heroes for +5 slots more neccesary, slower Heroballs.

Im leaning on number 3 myself, but I feel these are the 3 main heroball options we have.

Back