Oh jeez THE GODS are here to punish us spirits... Everyone RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!
:p
(Don't actually run cause that wouldn't do much good)

Just caught up and read the last five updates... I see a couple of things of some note happened since I last checked this thread :V

Still, holy shit we have iron. That's ridiculous.

[X] [Main] Expand Forests - Stallion Tribes
[X] [Secondary] Change Policy - Expansion
[X] [Secondary] Build Chariots

We really should focus on expanding our forests more, we've barely done it in about a century or so. Plus it helps out the march.

Obligatory message for the nomads to jump on a rusty spike :mob:

Versus Forests. 42 vs (25+17)=42

Forests would definitely be nice, but can be automatically done via Expansion. Carrion Eaters are the perfect elite for us since they reduce our losses, which is the explicit weakness of elites. They counter their own downside.
They've also never been expanded and I really don't want to risk losing them, especially since their few numbers probably took a significant hit these past couple of turns.

That would carry more weight if ws had actually gotten word that they are dying out. The people are well aware of their importance and they won't suddenly die out.

Also not as helpful because it would be us having more Carrion Eaters not the March and since we aren't sending them support...

Forest on the other hand is taking care of long term. They will be taking Chariots this turn to better their martial, but that only helps against immediate raiding. The sooner we start the forests, the sooner we have them as protection. Especially since they can then use the Econ it gives them to grab Carrion Eaters of their own.

If they need Carrion Eaters, they will purchase those for their own use as well as Warriors to garrison their town and boost their numbers.

Possible effect of Carrion Eaters:

- Improved childbirth rate.
- Reduced attrition rate for our military and boosted attacking power.
- Better access to medical care.
- Possible new medical innovation.

That would carry more weight if ws had actually gotten word that they are dying out. The people are well aware of their importance and they won't suddenly die out.
We never got word that our Sacred War value was dying out, it just up and disappeared shortly after we established the Carrion Eaters.

If they need Carrion Eaters, they will purchase those for their own use as well as Warriors to garrison their town and boost their numbers.
AFAIK they can't since they don't have any Mysticism to spend on them. I'm not even sure if they have a Mysticism stat at all.

But yeah, if you think that we're not going to be attacked within the next 2 turns building the forest is better. If you think we are going to be attacked then staying on the war mission is better.

If you're unsure like me, then hedging your bets and rebuilding our military ASAP is the best choice. It puts us in a pretty good condition either way instead of leaving us in a lot of trouble if the nomads (or other neighbors) don't do as we expect.

[X] [Main] More Carrion Eaters
[X] [Secondary] Change Policy - Balanced
[X][Secondary] New Settlement - Bleeding Cliffs
Still catching up so voting for this so we can replenish martial, build the mines next turn, and have our provinces foucus on themselves while we recover.

We never got word that our Sacred War value was dying out, it just up and disappeared shortly after we established the Carrion Eaters.

AFAIK they can't since they don't have any Mysticism to spend on them. I'm not even sure if they have a Mysticism stat at all.

But yeah, if you think that we're not going to be attacked within the next 2 turns building the forest is better. If you think we are going to be attacked then staying on the war mission is better.

If you're unsure like me, then hedging your bets and rebuilding our military ASAP is the best choice. It puts us in a pretty good condition either way instead of leaving us in a lot of trouble if the nomads (or other neighbors) don't do as we expect.
And considering their inherently stupid/dickish natures they will do something we don't like.

Also not as helpful because it would be us having more Carrion Eaters not the March and since we aren't sending them support...

Forest on the other hand is taking care of long term. They will be taking Chariots this turn to better their martial, but that only helps against immediate raiding. The sooner we start the forests, the sooner we have them as protection. Especially since they can then use the Econ it gives them to grab Carrion Eaters of their own.

Remember the nomads backed off; we should have till mid turn without the march dying, and can send troops then ifvwe have them.

If we don't raise our martial, we won't have much of a margin if they come back.

A thought that I forgot to mention last night:

We can influence the values of the Ymaryn by our voting patterns as well as our choices. It might be possible to give our civ another trait this way, but I wouldn't count on it.

Keep in mind the TS are simply waiting for the right time to have a swing at us, and they're liable to drag the Xoh into that as well. We can't afford to simply monofocus on the threat of nomads when the only reason the nomads gutted the Stallions that badly was because the Thunder Shitheads were warring with us.

Back