The thing that would absolutely obliterate him is if we were able to expose him as a Toon itself. We wouldn't even need to expose his murdering Hawk or destroy or disable all his robots and criminal activities, he would lose his credibility and cast doubt on everything he has done in terms of Toons. You might be able to sweep in and just usurp his resources and position if you play it right, and then we personally might be in a position to tackle any potential Amphibian threat.
Exposing him as a Toon would absolutely be a death blow to him, but I'm leery of usurping all his stuff. We only have so many national actions, and the more responsibilities we take on the less we can handle effectively.

Unless perhaps we were able to vassalize his territory, such as by making Cloverleaf a subsidiary of DEI and leaving one of our employees in charge of it.

That sounds like a handy mechanic that we have no indication exists.

Also, like... it would destroy a lot of his power, but it wouldn't take him off the board. He might no longer be Judge Doom, but he'd still be the CEO of Cloverleaf.

Also, like... it would destroy a lot of his power, but it wouldn't take him off the board. He might no longer be Judge Doom, but he'd still be the CEO of Cloverleaf.

Fair, but the company would probably see a lot of its stability and value plummet in the wake of Doom getting unmasked. We might be able to pull off a hostile takeover in the wake of it all.

As a side note, I bet Blot would be down to help us deal with Doom if he found out Doom was a treacherous Toon, too.

Is Echo Creek part of LA? If only Janna were older, she'd be a great mayor /s

Fair, but the company would probably see a lot of its stability and value plummet in the wake of Doom getting unmasked. We might be able to pull off a hostile takeover in the wake of it all.

As a side note, I bet Blot would be down to help us deal with Doom if he found out Doom was a treacherous Toon, too.

Is Echo Creek part of LA? If only Janna were older, she'd be a great mayor /s
Echo Creek is Toffees Territory, and he is one of the few kings i feel you can use the word for. Toffee controls the politics of that entire region through bribes and black mail.

Echo Creek is Toffees Territory, and he is one of the few kings i feel you can use the word for. Toffee controls the politics of that entire region through bribes and black mail.

No, I know, but Southern California is very wonky with city borders: there are like a dozen "cities" around Los Angeles that are actually part of LA, and the actual "city of LA" is just the bit with the tallest buildings. I was wondering if, in this world, Echo Creek was one of those neighborhoods that was actually technically just part of LA.

Judge Doom the human is the CEO of Cloverleaf, elected Mayor and public anti-toon bigot. The Pistol Packing Possum (or whatever toon is under the mask) is not any of that. They are an evil imposter impersonating Judge Doom for nefarious purposes. The body of the real Judge Doom has yet to be found.

Public exposure would take away Doom's official authority and powerbase but would also let him use his toon powers more openly. He has a high personal martial when he lets loose.

The thing that would absolutely obliterate him is if we were able to expose him as a Toon itself. We wouldn't even need to expose his murdering Hawk or destroy or disable all his robots and criminal activities, he would lose his credibility and cast doubt on everything he has done in terms of Toons. You might be able to sweep in and just usurp his resources and position if you play it right, and then we personally might be in a position to tackle any potential Amphibian threat.
It would obliterate him, but I'm not sure if revealung the existence of a murderous toon would do more for or against toonkind in general. I suppose we could expose him as a toon without divulging how we know he's a toon, but that sounds like the kind of thing we'd need prepwork to pull off. Hence why I'm advocating for infiltrating Doom's organization sooner rather than later.

Bet already knows, IIRC.

Echo Creek is in LA.
Doesn't L.A. just have the weirdest luck when it comes to multiversal incursions? Why, if L.A. had a penny for each time a major extradimensional threat happened around it, it'd... Well, it'd have two pennies. Which isn't much, particularly for a city, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Last edited:
Doesn't L.A. just have the weirdest luck when it comes to multiversal incursions? Why, if L.A. had a penny for each time a major extradimensional threat happened around it, it'd... Well, it'd have two pennies. Which isn't much, particularly for a city, but it's weird that it happened twice.
If LA didn't want to get ivaded every tuesday, it shouldn't have settled next to Burbank!

I mean, I want to point out that doing that is probably the best method to actually expose him as a toon though? The Acme personal probably helps link things to Doom or his organization, Murderous Toon gives more insight to those by trying to figure out more about the toon that did it.

In the best case scenario we figure out Doom is the Murderous Toon in character, at worst, we probably figure its part of his organization and could expose that in the Bonkers trial while clearing his name?

I mean, I want to point out that doing that is probably the best method to actually expose him as a toon though? The Acme personal probably helps link things to Doom or his organization, Murderous Toon gives more insight to those by trying to figure out more about the toon that did it.

In the best case scenario we figure out Doom is the Murderous Toon in character, at worst, we probably figure its part of his organization and could expose that in the Bonkers trial while clearing his name?
While I doubt we'd actually be allowed to do it, if we make a gun that put whoevers hit with in into their underwear we will be able to expose Doom. He is reliant on his completely conventional costume that covers his full body (including Glass Eyes hidden behind tinted Glasses, a Latex Mask, and a suit covered with formaldehyde) so if we if we could remove the costume we'd expose him.

You know, we've been bandying around the idea of infiltration and having one of our heroes infiltrate various corporations (losing one of our Heroes in the process), and then I had a thought: why don't we use the doppleganger tech specifically to create an infiltrator?

For example, make a copy of Mirage's mind, then stick it in a body that's subtly different from Mirage (not enough to cause body dysmorphia, but enough that they look like possibly closely-related but different people), and then send her out as an infiltrator under a different name and forged papers?

Last edited:
why don't we use the doppleganger tech specifically to create an infiltrator?
The big ones are action economy and how the infiltration action works. It would take 3 actions to set up the infiltration via a doppleganger (one to profile, one to build, one to send); and a Tier 2 Infiltration requires a heroes direct imput to function. Not necessarily via adding them to the enemy hero list, but they need to oversee the spy network in the region personally (If we send Mez to San Fran, she isn't gonna be entering Sycorax herself do to the personal risk to her person it would present, same with Russ and Judge Doom). We can then remove them, but we get far worse rewards from the network.

A Doppleganger isn't a hero unless we make one that is a hero. I don't really want to clog the hero list with just robot clones, so I feel we are good as is. Trying to game the system with a Doppleganger robot will almost certainly have massive consequences; either the bot isn't sapieny enough to work properly, or it will be a loose cannon.

Last edited:
Is it really gaming the system if we have to put in work proportional to the reward (i.e. getting an infiltration unit that's not as good as an actual hero, but better than normal corporate spies)?
Yeah that type of mentality "its gaming the system to do xyz" is part of why we've been so hesitant to do the write in actions that were apparently expected of us in order to do the cool things.

Is it really gaming the system if we have to put in work proportional to the reward (i.e. getting an infiltration unit that's not as good as an actual hero, but better than normal corporate spies)?

I suppose it would be fair; 2 actions to get a filler. I just don't think it will have the same results as the guy they are replacing, I guess if its an infiltration we really could care less about, like Drakktech its fine, but for the ones we actually plan on using, such as Cloverleaf I'd rather not half ass it.

The best usecase for this isn't to infiltrate the enemy, but to swap with our actual hero when we feel its either getting to hot or just have no more need for the best use of infiltration. Russ is still going to be better at wrangling Toons then a robotic clone of him since comedy isn't something you can just port over. Same with Mez and Tobe using their adnormal abilities. Instead it would hopefully stop the spy network from collapsing as easilly. I mostly am questioning the competency of a non-sparked Doppleganger, and whether it would be worth a full turn (Turn and a half if we spark em) of Stewardship to do this. I also am having trouble picturing the exact difference they would have over the heroless tier 2 we can do; since if its just a Higher DC to remove it definately aint worth it.

I suppose it would be fair; 2 actions to get a filler. I just don't think it will have the same results as the guy they are replacing, I guess if its an infiltration we really could care less about, like Drakktech its fine, but for the ones we actually plan on using, such as Cloverleaf I'd rather not half ass it.

The best usecase for this isn't to infiltrate the enemy, but to swap with our actual hero when we feel its either getting to hot or just have no more need for the best use of infiltration. Russ is still going to be better at wrangling Toons then a robotic clone of him since comedy isn't something you can just port over. Same with Mez and Tobe using their adnormal abilities. Instead it would hopefully stop the spy network from collapsing as easilly. I mostly am questioning the competency of a non-sparked Doppleganger, and whether it would be worth a full turn (Turn and a half if we spark em) of Stewardship to do this. I also am having trouble picturing the exact difference they would have over the heroless tier 2 we can do; since if its just a Higher DC to remove it definately aint worth it.
I was thinking of an infiltration-specialized Doppleganger as something like our assignable items or company bonuses that makes infiltration actions easier/have more bonuses when they are assigned than just using normal moles, without quite being a Hero themselves. Basically, a non-sapient AI doppleganger that is specced towards Hero-tier infiltration specifically, but is a grunt unit by all other metrics.

Plus, as long as we can extract the doppelganger later, it's reusable for other infiltrations, so it's not like it's a one-time-only use.

Last edited:
Back