Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

Under Classy Contortionist it says, "and no matter what you're always going to look good." Joe can choose if he wants to pose sexily, but it says right there that he is going to look good whether he wants to or not.
No see, that's one of the misinterpretations I'm pretty sure. It says that if he uses it, he will always look good no matter what he does. Not that he always looks good, period.

He basically was about to heal him for free when he remembered he was suppose to be a merc. He's practically giving it away but needs 'payment' for his reputation. Of course Gully, and to the extent the PRT, don't know about this so she's imagining a very steep payment or some abstract thing she couldn't possibly pay off.
I think that Joe could safely drop the mercenary mask around the Case 53 community and trust that they wouldn't spread the information around.
Does he actually need payment? No. Does he need it for his reputation? Very much so. He's passed himself off as a mercenary, and doing things for free is more of a heroes work.

Well I think he should keep asking for payments as it would reassure the PRT that he needs payment implying (fingers crossed) that he has resource limits which would giving him a reason for being mercenary rather than the nightmare scenario of the PRT of a tinker with no bottlenecks and absurdly powerful/versatile.

Nothing is stopping him from giving C53s a huge discount though it would even play into Weld's headcannon that he is a C53 which cured himself. Seeing as the C53 seemingly have connections with other C53s.

Considering what led to the whole Khepeiron tag, it might even be that he already had the Inexplicable Innuendo perk as an innate capability and the perk only accentuated it while also giving him awareness of what was already there.
Eh, there's a fairly big difference in intent between an actual innuendo and just being socially inept though.

No see, that's one of the misinterpretations I'm pretty sure. It says that if he uses it, he will always look good no matter what he does. Not that he always looks good, period.
Isn't that just ignoring what is literally in your face at that point? To quote:
Classy Contortionist (Bayonetta) Free:
Um... this is something. You've got an innate sense of posing that you can utilize, whether it be to show off your sexiness or simply throw people off their game. It's got all kinds of applications, and no matter what you're always going to look good. Throw it into your battle styles or something.
It means that no matter what, Joe will look like he's posing. He can actively make it look sexy, but it will always make him look good.
Eh, there's a fairly big difference in intent between an actual innuendo and just being socially inept though.
Thank you for reminding me that jokes do not carry through well in the internet. It was a great lesson.

It means that no matter what, Joe will look like he's posing. He can actively make it look sexy, but it will always make him look good.

Classy Contortionist (Bayonetta) Free:
Um... this is something. You've got an innate sense of posing that you can utilize, whether it be to show off your sexiness or simply throw people off their game. It's got all kinds of applications, and no matter what you're always going to look good. Throw it into your battle styles or something.

That's what I was going for too, the posing is there, what he uses it for he can choose, but it's an innate sense that is always there.

Um no.
The 'you're always going to look good' either means that everytime he poses it looks good or that he just always looks good, period. But in the latter case nothing in that sentence implies he would be posing to do so.

That's what I was going for too, the posing is there, what he uses it for he can choose, but it's an innate sense that is always there.
This interpretation also makes more sense considering the reference involved. I can really only explain Bayonetta's sense of sexy flair if it was some supernatural passive of hers instead of her literally deciding how and whether she could look sexy during every attack.

Everyone is always posing. It came up with Garment too where depending on what she wears she carries herself differently.

"Posing" is not just like... catwalks and fashion shows. Posing is also slouching to make yourself appear smaller and unthreatening, or rushing through a crowd in a hurry to get to work, or even just relaxing at home by yourself. "Posing" is body language and it is always active.

Everyone is always posing. It came up with Garment too where depending on what she wears she carries herself differently.

"Posing" is not just like... catwalks and fashion shows. Posing is also slouching to make yourself appear smaller and unthreatening, or rushing through a crowd in a hurry to get to work, or even just relaxing at home by yourself. "Posing" is body language and it is always active.
Umm sorry no, that's just not what the word posing means.

Umm sorry no, that's just not what the word posing means.
Evidently, you just don't want to be convinced. Let's just agree to disagree. It hardly matters anyway considering this was something introduced to the story several updates ago. If it was really that relevant then someone probably brought it up way back then.
Nothing is stopping him from giving C53s a huge discount though it would even play into Weld's headcannon that he is a C53 which cured himself. Seeing as the C53 seemingly have connections with other C53s.
Honestly, given how thankful the Case 53s would be at that point, Joe could just tell them to tell others that they traded in something of value that only Case 53s could give. That kind of handwave explanation should work, considering it would get people assuming that it involves things only Apeiron could understand.

Honestly, given how thankful the Case 53s would be at that point, Joe could just tell them to tell others that they traded in something of value that only Case 53s could give. That kind of handwave explanation should work, considering it would get people assuming that it involves things only Apeiron could understand.

Power testing for research purposes. It would even be true so far with the tissue sample from Weld.

Evidently, you just don't want to be convinced. Let's just agree to disagree. It hardly matters anyway considering this was something introduced to the story several updates ago. If it was really that relevant then someone probably brought it up way back then.
It's true that this is becoming a lesson in futility. But you don't just agree to disagree about the inherent meaning of a word.

But I've long lost the drive for this.

Power testing for research purposes. It would even be true so far with the tissue sample from Weld.
Yeah, him looking into more powers will sure be helpful.
Honestly in retrospect, that would get people panicking, wouldn't it? The only reason you'd be looking for Case 53 samples would be if you were wet-tinkering or tinkering things that affect powers. Both of which would get much attention, especially from Cauldron. Sure, people were already suspecting him of doing that kind of things, but while Weld's sample can be explained away by just wanting living metal for something normal Tinker-y, collecting biological samples and data is a big red flag for that kind of thing.

Honestly in retrospect, that would get people panicking, wouldn't it? The only reason you'd be looking for Case 53 samples would be if you were wet-tinkering or tinkering things that affect powers. Both of which would get much attention, especially from Cauldron. Sure, people were already suspecting him of doing that kind of things, but while Weld's sample can be explained away by just wanting living metal for something normal Tinker-y, collecting biological samples and data is a big red flag for that kind of thing.

I'm not saying get tissue samples for every Case 53, but powers testing in and of itself isn't a demerit is it? Haven't multiple people performed Powers Testing? Or is that Fanon?

Either way, if Joe is known to perform powers testing in Case 53s in an effort to cure them, any backlash from anyone is going to see the Case 53 community respond... negatively.

I mean, Armsmaster had scans of other PRT capes, its not THAT weird for tinkers to integrate the principles of other powers into their tech

They basically already treat him like an S-class threat. So own it and be the new Lung.

Being a S class threats greatly reduce his chances of helping others and pretty much slash his social life (which is damn important to stay sane).

Cauldron would have to put on their extra stupid pants to sign off on a kill order for him.
Especially since he'd basically be the parahuman warlord in their parahuman feudalism experiment.

Cauldron tend to be extra stupid. The parahuman warlord experiment is stupid, releasing case 53 is stupid, keeping dangerous S class alive is stupid (guys like Jack Slash will never help against Scion)...

/rant

I mean, Armsmaster had scans of other PRT capes, its not THAT weird for tinkers to integrate the principles of other powers into their tech

Heh. If Joe gets Armsmasters specialty, if it became known, would people think that he can copy other tinker's powers? Or maybe even that he can turn the powers of other parahumans into Tinker things?

Cauldron tend to be extra stupid. The parahuman warlord experiment is stupid, releasing case 53 is stupid, keeping dangerous S class alive is stupid (guys like Jack Slash will never help against Scion)...
PtV is a posture TBH, they rely on it too much. Fortuna can't path triggers or endbringers or zion. All of those are COLLOSAL factors and shake up the scene massively.
IMO it was all a Ziz plot to kill Zion asap, since she couldn't see him (Interlude 28). I would be shocked if she knew he was the other entity in the cycle until GM ended.

Heh. If Joe gets Armsmasters specialty, if it became known, would people think that he can copy other tinker's powers? Or maybe even that he can turn the powers of other parahumans into Tinker things?
Wait until he gets Dauntless's power (Iterative Improvement is available iirc)
That will freak everyone out lol.

Cauldron are stupid in a "keep powerful capes alive and around even if they totally wreck things" way, which doesn't fit with signing off on killing Joe.

Extremely heavy handed "recruitment" I could see though.

Back