Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

Great chapter. Super funny that Garment's appointment is a sufficient deterant for half of Gully's problem's with Aisha's forward thinking taking care of the rest.
Technically, she could ask. She had a connection, but words couldn't describe how intimidating it was to have the Celestial Forge as your tech support department. Bothering them for something as trivial as this seemed almost insulting, particularly since she suspected the response would be an exasperated confirmation at how obvious it was, probably followed by even more insane features she hadn't even had time to consider.
Gully going full Uppercrust here. "Well, I can ask a question. But doing so would cause them to give me the answer, and I definitely don't want that. Better to suffer in blissful ignorance."

"No." She said. Piggot looked like she was going to launch into another rant, but Gully cut her off. "It would be against the contract."

The blonde woman raised her eyebrows, with similar surprise shared by the other members of the meeting.

"You aren't concerned as to why Apeiron would want to prevent you from having a medical examination?" Piggot asked, her voice thick with accusation.

"It wasn't about medical examinations. It was concern that the PRT would try to confine me because of what had happened." She explained.

"Well, of course Apeiron-" Piggot began, but Gully cut her off.

"And it wasn't Apeiron." She said, looking across the room. "It was Lethe."
At this point "contract" is an euphemism for "edict"

...as soon as Dragon offered to handle things, all I could think throughout the chapter was 'How will the Dragonslayers fuck things up?'

I still enjoyed the warm fuzzies, especially about the Tecton meet up, but....yeah.

That was, unfortunately, compounding my earlier thoughts, once I learned that they'd still contact/visit PRT ENE, of: 'Oh shit, Coil, and possibly the Travelers, will fuck around - what if their turn to find out interferes with the Slaughterhouse Nine take-down? Or they get away with fucking around on the down-low?'

For the first third of this chapter, I was digitally screaming "For the love of God, give us some plot!" It felt like the entire 14k words were going to be of Gully overanalyzing her new appearance.

Last edited:
Oh my God this is so good! Seeing things from Gully's point of view really shows how astonishing, miraculous, and almost holy the intervention of the Celestial Forge is.

Well, Saint now has the info on Gully. Grand. The info the PRT can get is going to be kinda interesting but Cauldron will want another closer look. Gully might be targeted by Yangban and then disappeared back into a Cauldron cell.
I think at this point both of those groups are still on the back foot especially since Lethe also affects them, especially after her power got an anti-Jack boost. No one wants a hidden Apeiron popping up in their backyard.

Well, Saint now has the info on Gully. Grand. The info the PRT can get is going to be kinda interesting but Cauldron will want another closer look. Gully might be targeted by Yangban and then disappeared back into a Cauldron cell.
I see that going poorly, Apeiron would just find her and proceed to ravage yangban/Cauldron. More than likely ptv will scare cauldron from making a move until there's a confirmed way to respond to anyone in Celestial Forge. It's hilarious that the unknown of the Stranger has effectively blinded everyone to the actual dangers.

"The Narwhal fans are going to go insane." Facetime added, her smile advancing from cheeky to fully mischievous.

She felt an unsteadiness in her stomach. "Um, yeah." She said, then caught the demure expression from her face in the phone and flushed again. Facetime's smile widened as Gully found herself stammering. "I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"Nobody's really ready for THAT."

Internet weirdos represent.

Thanks for the chapter.

He said it was appreciated, but him and his team.
I think this should be 'by' instead of 'but', unless simply mentioning Aperion and his team is enough to end all discussion on why she earned the contract.

While you are under no obligation to shard such details
Quite a heavy-handed way to 'ask' for all the details on how powers work.

But then Lethe would go 'have a chat' with them about unlawful confinement.

"My God, you even cry pretty."
god
without a curved spin and massive slabs of muscle
spine
clinging to the professionalism she had forged through her years in the wards.
Wards.
Life Changing treatment, completely lifechanging,
It's either one word or two (it's two) so pick one. And also 'changing' doesn't need a capitalization.
"No, I mean barely five feet." She explained. ", or not even that."
feet," She explained, "or /
feet." She explained. "Or
notoriously inaccessible Proof of identity wasn't something she ever thought she'd need
proof of /
Proof of Identity
stretched for weeks if a department wanted to be through.
thorough.
"He should be on sight roughly when your exam is scheduled to finish."
site
Copied from post above me:
"He said it was appreciated, but him and his team.
by him
"While you are under no obligation to shard such details,

Last edited:
Piggot: Sends Panacea into Master-Stranger confinement at just the right time to maximize damage to the Protectorate, the PRT, and the city itself.

Piggot: Confines hundreds of ABB victims into concentration camps, forcibly taking anyone who's reluctant for Japanese Interment 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Piggot: Brands Apeiron a criminal to be treated worse than the human-trafficking, bomb-implanting ABB and unrepentant, mass-murdering Neo-Nazis: at least you're allowed to talk to them lmao. Also ensures he can't resolve all the city damages and casualties; whether or not he might be inclined to, from the outside POV it is literally illegal for him to attempt to do anything.

Piggot:

Last edited:
Bitchslapping Piggot down is very noice. All of her posturing instantly toppled when asked with the question on whether she wants a lovely chat with Lethe.
I don't think Piggot has quite grasped yet, that this isn't exactly a policing action any more... This is full on national level shit. That is in fact being overseen by the national office. An office which is asking her to please stop antagonizing the faction we might not have force superiority to.

As I said earlier, you can't really threaten to bring the hammer down on someone who has a hammer bigger than yours, and at this point... The PRT is looking more and more uncertain that they actually do have the edge in that contest. Even if they do, they've at minimum long since crossed the point where they can deal with him without extreme cost.

Thanks for the chapter.

I love the existential crisis that Gully is experiencing or rather the body dismorfia after her procedure.

I love how the directors were basically having a street fight in a board room.

Lethe is basically the contract's lawyer.

Back