Restoration of Monarchy is good for the unification of Ymar, as majority are all monarchies.

[X] [War] Joined in on the Alliance to Restore the Monarchy (major participants: Vortuga, Sketch, Tortun, Etal, Halvyni) (1x)
[X] [Rounds] Begin Industrial Age play

It's around, but it is nowhere near as out of control as in our world as cow pox vaccination is around, as is variolation, so it's whole population lethality is a fraction of what it could be.
In general how does our medical knowledge and implementation compare to other civs? I know you've said we lost a lot during the collapse, and so often use variolation rather than full vaccination, but is that relatively standard for the world, or still advanced? Likewise for other medical issues, like the greater sanitation knowledge compared to OTL

What you have to remember is that the wars surrounding the French Revolution and Napoleon nearly bankrupted everyone involved while killing countless young people and wiping out vital infrastructure. And the lessons people took from them generally proved to be devastatingly wrong in whatever war they fought next.

We need to issue sauerkraut to all our soldiers and sailor and invent canned food. Then we'll be unstoppable.

In general how does our medical knowledge and implementation compare to other civs? I know you've said we lost a lot during the collapse, and so often use variolation rather than full vaccination, but is that relatively standard for the world, or still advanced? Likewise for other medical issues, like the greater sanitation knowledge compared to OTL

Comparable to the best, but not radically more advanced than most states with a relatively sophisticated bureaucratic and educational apparatus.

Expected, the weighted vote made Support Rebel Peasants 4.9 and Neutral 68 with Support Crowns at 11.
Adhoc vote count started by VoidZero on Feb 25, 2018 at 7:22 PM, finished with 145528 posts and 95 votes.

Last edited:
[X] [War] Offered support to the Hespranxer Republicans (no major allies, UPM currently making supportive noises but has no capacity to interfere) (0.1x)
[X] [Rounds] Begin Industrial Age play

Culinary theory of empire: Empires form out of people with crappy food who are motivated to beat up others for their cuisine, and thus subsequently collapse once their soldiers are no longer eating food that makes them angry.

That explains why the British were going out en mass and conquering the world. :V Is Sketch cuisine as bad as British?

Culinary theory of empire: Empires form out of people with crappy food who are motivated to beat up others for their cuisine, and thus subsequently collapse once their soldiers are no longer eating food that makes them angry.
I mean, you joke, but that's pretty much Herodotus' explanation for the Persian Empire's rise and subsequent fall. :V
Don't forget Europeans venturing out into the unknown in search of better condiments. And this was when people thought that the ambient heat in the Equatorial regions could cook a man alive.

@Academia Nut, how does Dominant Paradigm work exactly? Does it represent the double-edged sword of tech boost on 'matching' techs as well as calcified thought processes?

@Academia Nut, how does Dominant Paradigm work exactly? Does it represent the double-edged sword of tech boost on 'matching' techs as well as calcified thought processes?

I'm still working out the exact specifics, but right now a lot of the techs are just sort of a list of reminders. To have a somewhat more engaging research system I want to have more interaction there, without having too much unnecessary granularity. So the Dominant Paradigm idea is sort of "Through research, infrastructure development, events, and decisions you will make larger advances that affect wide swaths of a field, without necessarily being everything at once". It's still something I am thinking on in any case.

Spend 5 PW to generate 10.
Max 10 PW, recover 0 PW at end of turn.
Do 10 PW worth of actions in second turn.
Do 10 PW worth of actions over 2 turns.

Spend 5 PW on actions.
0 PW, recover 5 at end of turn.
Spend 5 PW worth of actions.
Do 10 PW worth of actions over 2 turns.

Now, where this is useful is having PW available when you go into the mid-turn you have extra in case you need it and don't generate what you need through events, and if you increase your PW cap through tech or government change. Also, while I will say that standard government PW recovery does not overflow, if you gain extra PW through events or decisions and you are already at max, it instead converts into Temp Consciousness.
Looking at this is seems we should never have more then 8. It let's us do multiple actions while still generating more next turn.

France had two cuisines. First you had rmthe elegant and opulant style favored by tbe nobility and the "take odd cuts of meat and other wierd things and find a way to make something" of the peasantry.

The first one died off with the revolutions. The second turned into the archtypal French food. Tiny plates of wierd meats and foods prepared to perfection.

Back