Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

"Rule 63 is an Internet meme that states that, as a rule, "for every given female character, there is a male version of that character" and vice versa."
-Wikipedia.

I am sorry lord for I have sinned.

I made rule 63 Aperion.

"the return of the why boner" - Alucard team four star Hellsing dub i felt the need to share that

"Rule 63 is an Internet meme that states that, as a rule, "for every given female character, there is a male version of that character" and vice versa."
-Wikipedia.

I made rule 63 Aperion.

That's _cute_. I approve.

-Wikipedia.

I made rule 63 Aperion.

Adorable. Now add color. (Joking about being pushy, it's pretty good.)

-Wikipedia.

I made rule 63 Aperion.

My child, you have sinned, but all will be forgiven if you do your penance: make moar nice art.

@LordRoustabout we must commerate this abomination. Can you put it in the "media" tab, please?

Small question about the Motoriod actually. Where does Joe's cape go while inside it?
It probably goes inside since the Motoroid has the turbines for flight and cause the cape is supposed to match the costume and cause Joe would be inside the motoroid wearing Garment even if it wouldn't be hard for Garment to move the cape outside.

Last edited:
Flashbang had been holding back, or New Wave had been holding him back. It was something that had made a national circuit, another of those jokes about how terrifying and ridiculous Brockton Bay was. It was like people were treating them as a theme park or reality show instead of a real place with real people trying to deal with insanity.

That insanity had been part of the joke. See this video of a walking artillery barrage? He's a minor member of an independent team in Brockton Bay, because the city is just like that. Oh, and that mass of persistent explosions? His cape name is Flashbang.
You know everytime how the fights with Flashbang here is described I can't help but imagine him basically doing what Bakugou from Hero Academia is fighting with his explosions.
That was the real joke, the reason it spread like wildfire. Easily circulated memes, a joke about capes with names that badly undersold their powers, or joke names for major capes that would do the same. Gif of Mark tearing up a street captioned with the word 'Flashbang' followed by any gif of a major cape moment, captioned with a joke name.

The most popular one was a compilation of the Triumvirate. Alexandria punching a villain brute through a building, Legend unleashing a storm of lasers, and Eidolon wielding a massive array of strange abilities. The images were captioned 'Fly Punch', 'Light Show', and 'Three Powers'.

If it weren't for everything else that was happening the meme probably would have spread even further. As it stood, it was impressive enough that it had managed to stand out from the mess around Apeiron, the ABB, and Uber and Leet
Well out side oft he clusterfuck of the ABB, U&L and Apeiron, BB itself also has Miss "infinite small nukes" Millitia, Wards bullshit from this fic including Vista who in Ward turned a city into an Escher field and remember that Assault before he got captured as Madcap fights entire teams of capes who had Legend with them.

For Villains you have Kaiser who could throw sharp spikes the size of 18 wheelers and turn those spikes into trees of iron, Purity who is only below the likes of Legend in firepower, Hookwolf who is a pretty bullshit Changer in his shapeshifting forms as a walking chainsaw, even Rune who is pretty low tier can drop a building on someone if she wants to

Next PHO Meme: Brockton Bay capes are just built different. Their B-listers are potentially high tiers in other cities

Last edited:
-Wikipedia.

I made rule 63 Aperion.

Have you no respect.

Joe is a Magical Girl, where are the animal ears he got the second last chapter.

Have you no respect.

Joe is a Magical Girl, where are the animal ears he got the second last chapter.

Yep, Joe is a Magical Girl!

He's just that special swole magical girl who wears studded black leather and accessorizes with barbed wire, undergoes the occasional werewolf transformation, frequently shows off his cybornetic subdermal neon circuits, and reconstructs his body using "blood" like the final boss vampire in the first Blade movie.

When I stop to think about it, Lord has actually managed to include a surprisingly large spectrum of classical movie monsters into Apeiron. What's next?

Aquatic breathing? (Creature from the Black Lagoon) [already done in scene with Weld]

Invisible Man? (Aisha is already filling that role for him)

Mad Scientist? A large percent of the population already suspect that Apeiron fits into this category.

... Any ideas on how Lord could include some mummy references? Or did Lord already fulfill this category when he labeled Taylor as Khepri?

Does Lord get any Lovecraftian horror points for Apeiron's not-exactly-hell extra-dimensional technology?

Last edited:

Yep, Joe is a Magical Girl!

He's just that special swole magical girl who wears studded black leather and accessorizes with barbed wire, undergoes the occasional werewolf transformation, frequently shows off his cybornetic subdermal neon circuits, and reconstructs his body using "blood" like the final boss vampire in the first Blade movie.

When I stop to think about it, Lord has actually managed to include a surprisingly large spectrum of classical movie monsters into Apeiron. What's next?

Aquatic breathing? (Creature from the Black Lagoon) [already done in scene with Weld!]

Invisible Man? (Aisha is already filling that role for him)

Mad Scientist? A large percent of the population already suspect that Apeiron fits into this category.

(Phantom of the Opera) Singing?

(extraterrestrial) Spaceship?

... Any ideas on how Lord could include some mummy references? Or did Lord already fulfill this category when he labeled Taylor as Khepri?

Does Lord get any Lovecraftian horror points for Apeiron's not-exactly-hell extra-dimensional technology?
mummy is if someone posts a picture of him during his medical leave...

How close is the March/ABB arc to being done?

It is done. March is done. Lung is done. The ABB is done. Oni Lee is even doner than he was in cannon, which was pretty far done it's own self. Bakuda isn't quite done, but I'd be stunned if someone like Chen or Alec haven't taken her down the rest of the way by the time Jozef wakes up. Or maybe, you know, Khepri. If there is one thing this story has done it is defang Taylor as compared to her canon self. For having had such a badass debut, BrocktonForge! Taylor has been pretty meek ever since...

It is done. March is done. Lung is done. The ABB is done. Oni Lee is even doner than he was in cannon, which was pretty far done it's own self. Bakuda isn't quite done, but I'd be stunned if someone like Chen or Alec haven't taken her down the rest of the way by the time Jozef wakes up. Or maybe, you know, Khepri. If there is one thing this story has done it is defang Taylor as compared to her canon self. For having had such a badass debut, BrocktonForge! Taylor has been pretty meek ever since...
Thank you. I'm currently on chapter 38 and it seemed that it would potentially carry on for quite a while.

It probably goes inside since the Motoroid has the turbines for flight and cause the cape is supposed to match the costume and cause Joe would be inside the motoroid wearing Garment even if it wouldn't be hard for Garment to move the cape outside.

The motoroid no longer has turbines. Now it has laser machine guns :grin:

That wouldn't happen. My motoroid's point defense was a pair of fold-out miniaturized laser turrets mounted on the shoulders of the suit. They took the location that had been previously held by the bulky wheel turbines before they were replaced by mass effect thrusters and then dedicated repulsor technology.

Edit: something weird happened with my clipboard. Fixed the quote.

Last edited:
You're forgetting the PRT that will also want Bakuda, in Canon it took a combo of Clock, Vista and Armsmaster to take Bakuda down without getting killed by one of her bombs. Because those three are perfect counters for Bakuda. Also about Taylor what do expect when someone like March got involved? She basically made Bakuda and Leet far more competent and if Joe hadn't exist the undersiders and her would have been killed horrifically at that.

There was literally no way Taylor could have been involved and the Joe vs ABB fight because Taylor unlike Joe can't disrupt precogs. And Joe didn't want her to get involved because Taylor was far more likely to get herself killed or slow him down. Also about Taylor being Meek, of course she would at like that Joe is basically stealing her spotlight and the enemies were stronger than canon, had the undersiders fought without Joe's help it will be the equivalent of a one side slaughtered in which the undersiders are the ones being slaughtered.

March got away alive. Greatly wounded, but alive, unless I misread. I don't think she's done.
That's not accurate, March mind is basically stuck inside the shard while her body is being puppet by said shard, she's basically experienced death of the personality and is no different than a Zombie, she is done Lord already explained this repeatedly. Lord gave a detailed WoG.

Last edited:
March got away alive. Greatly wounded, but alive, unless I misread. I don't think she's done.
Let's not bring March back. Yes, March is alive, but has been dealt with, demoted, crippled, disabled, discombobulated, debilitated, downgraded, tenderized. She's not an issue for now. There's more pressing matters than her. We shouldn't care whether or not she'll be an issue in the future because that's no longer relevant. If that ever occurs, we'll see.

LordR said that March is now dead and that her Shard was puppeting her body, using the data that it had of Match's personality. He also said that such an emulation would mean that "March" would never be able to work on such a large scale again, and would be stuck to individual-levels, if at all.

I'd say that March is out of the story's narrative.

ou're forgetting the PRT that will also want Bakuda, in Canon it took a combo of Clock, Vista and Armsmaster to take Bakuda down without getting killed by one of her bombs. Because those three are perfect counters for Bakuda. Also about Taylor what do expect when someone like March got involved? She basically made Bakuda and Leet far more competent and if Joe hadn't exist the undersiders and her would have been killed horrifically at that.

There was literally no way Taylor could have been involved and the Joe vs ABB fight because Taylor unlike Joe can't disrupt precogs. And Joe didn't want her to get involved because Taylor was far more likely to get herself killed or slow him down. Also about Taylor being Meek, of course she would at like that Joe is basically stealing her spotlight and the enemies were stronger than canon, had the undersiders fought without Joe's help it will be the equivalent of a one side slaughtered in which the undersiders are the ones being slaughtered.

A lot of those issues are now moot, and the Undersiders are now armed (and shielded) with patented Apeiron tech. To boot, Alec is just minutes away from totally puppeting Bakuda. It would be nice if the Undersiders could give Jozef a get well gift by wrapping Bakuda all up in a nice bow for him. Read Worm again sometime... it wasn't possible for Taylor to do anything against Alexandria or the Nine either, yet somehow she (ruthlessly and with escalation!) managed to pull thru anyway...

Back