Pitchforks give you a range option that a cordless drill just can't match, and I've never seen anything set on fire by a flashlight. Sometimes, you really can't beat the classics.
Well we have hand held fire starting lasers now and in a yard care catalog I have seen something that looks like a gas powered chainsaw on a stick a la polearm, so there's that.

Well considering Rei's "sight" is light and maths based and that's how we got rainbow trout cause you know everyone is like 39 or 86 but Kowaru shows up as rainbow trout, and Kowaru's "hearing" is music based so maybe peoples' relationships would be rated in a music scale so we need something equally random. Buttered potato?

Well considering Rei's "sight" is light and maths based and that's how we got rainbow trout cause you know everyone is like 39 or 86 but Kowaru shows up as rainbow trout, and Kowaru's "hearing" is music based so maybe peoples' relationships would be rated in a music scale so we need something equally random. Buttered potato?
Rei came up Rainbowey on that one scan from early in the series. So she'd probably be 'Rainbow' something...

Or maybe just TsundeReinbow

You're all over thinking it!

Kaworu: "Hello Sweetie." Get it? Since people think he time-loops, so its like... nevermind.

Asuka: "WHO'S TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE HOFF!? I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL STEP INTO UNIT-02 AND--"
Shinji: *covers Asuka's mouth and drags her flailing body away*
Rei: "Nothing to see here. Resume your usual evening activities."

o_O
Man...the Hoff has some weird things going on in Germany...

In any case, here's Shinji's early thoughts on his relationship with Asuka:

He's not the best with words. The concerto was not just a present, but his attempt to show her how the idea that she believes in him makes him feel.

I can't find the original post, but @Strypgia use the numerical thing as a simile for Rei's sight, not a metaphor. Saying that when Rei looks at a soul, she perceives something that while perhaps not exactly quantifiable, is fully comprehensible, to her at least. In the same way we comprehend one, two, twenty-nine. Her seeing him o her to seeRainbow Trout

Preeetty sure that would get the shit slapped out of him again.
Yeah, but lets be honest. What can the poor sod do that won't make her eye twitch?

I can't find the original post, but @Strypgia use the numerical thing as a simile for Rei's sight, not a metaphor. Saying that when Rei looks at a soul, she perceives something that while perhaps not exactly quantifiable, is fully comprehensible, to her at least. In the same way we comprehend one, two, twenty-nine. Her seeing him o her to see Rainbow Trout
Correct. It's an attempt at an analogy, not a direct descriptor. When Rei looks at any given Lilim, all their souls fall on the same general continuum, while Kaworu's... doesn't. I can't accurately describe what a soul looks like any more than anyone else. :p
Yeah, but lets be honest. What can the poor sod do that won't make her eye twitch?
.....weep.

4000 word update with the betas. This was supposed to be a short gutpunch of a scene for Kaworu... then it turned into a big talk between him and Rei.

Correct. It's an attempt at an analogy, not a direct descriptor. When Rei looks at any given Lilim, all their souls fall on the same general continuum, while Kaworu's... doesn't. I can't accurately describe what a soul looks like any more than anyone else. :p
.....weep.

4000 word update with the betas. This was supposed to be a short gutpunch of a scene for Kaworu... then it turned into a big talk between him and Rei.
[Sadistic Voyeurism Intensifies]
[Opera Glasses Intensify]

Really?

Rei nodded, then froze. "Stop it."

He blinked at her. "Stop what?"

"That. Being friendly. Stop it."

"I don't underst-"

"Stop being a friend!" Rei almost shouted at him. "I feel a Call too, and Lilith's Call tells me to fight the invader, kill the threat! You are a threat just by living! I don't want to have to kill a friend! This only has two ways this ends; you die or everyone dies! And I will not let you harm them, Tabris!" she finished, panting. She hung her head. "I don't want to have to kill a friend."

At this point the only thing he could do that wouldn't annoy the ever lovin' frick out of her would be go back in time, and introduce himself to the class as Tabris from jump street.

You mean a fanfic that was built on people communicating subverts the show infamous for people not communicating? Or even the intentions of the author? :V
Rei: "Oh look, sarcasm. Lovely."

Shinji: "...is this your doing, Asuka?"

Asuka: "No, I didn't teach Rei sarcasm. It's entirely foreign to me. I'm always sincere. 24/7."

Shinji: "Great. That's just great."

Back