Yeah, remind me you stole our hymn, why don't you. *pout*

Oh yeah of course, the tune actually came from the Austrian Imperial anthem. I believe it's first performance was as a birthday present for Kaiser Franz in 1797. Lovely piece of music, I often listen to it. And I feel you, we Brits understand what it's like to have the tune of your national anthem stolen (glares at "Heil dir im Siegerkranz")

Yeah, as you might know, you were... kinda part of that German cause, you know ;) The Kleindeutsche Lösung was all pragmatism. Of course Austrians were seen, and saw themselves, as Germans back then (and really up to, ehem, losing WW2).

Wait, Shinji is the Justice card.

Heh.
What's better?

"Justice be done!" Or "My sword is a Tool of Justice!"

Edit: also the eagle is the sign of Justice in heraldy.

Last edited:
At least we know they can pull off the imperial regalia
While Pilot Sohryu probably can pull off the Imperial regalia, I will note that the headgear she's wearing is very much not the crown of one who rules. An Empress regnant would surely wear the Reichskrone in all its gaudy grandiosity.

She's technically a Princess until she reaches maturity.
She has an Evangelion. And one, maybe two lovers who ALSO have Evangelions. Your argument is invalid.

Plus, you are wrong. Even kings and emperors under regency are addressed and called as that. Remember how King Joffrey was indeed King Joffrey? Yeah. Accurate.

She has an Evangelion. And one, maybe two lovers who ALSO have Evangelions. Your argument is invalid.

Plus, you are wrong. Even kings and emperors under regency are addressed and called as that. Remember how King Joffrey was indeed King Joffrey? Yeah. Accurate.
I was trying to make a reference to Mari's nickname for her but yeah you are right, forgot about that.
Shinji isn't a tool of justice.

He's just a general tool.
At starters.

Good god, Asuka is like a self aware and softer Joffrey...

Warning: Alright People Listen Up
alright people listen up After a review of the derail, I have decided to be merciful and not infract anyone.

That said, every single person involved in the derail (that means @Susano, @Turing Decidable, @akrasiel23, @Ultimate Paragon, @Lord Sovereign, @The Englanderish, @DocMatoi, and @ToothMaker) has been officially warned. This shit happens again, I'm going to lock the thread until @Strypgia decides to post again, and everyone who posts gets threadbanned for a month more on top of that. Clear?

I sure hope so, because Strypgia is far less merciful than I ever will be.

One thing I've been wondering about is how Shinji's and Asuka's knowledge that their mothers are in their Evas would affect being attacked by Arael. Would this allow them to more easily help their children?

One thing I've been wondering about is how Shinji's and Asuka's knowledge that their mothers are in their Evas would affect being attacked by Arael. Would this allow them to more easily help their children?

Maybe. Incidentally, that's one of the reasons why I'm also leaning towards the Rei side of the possibilities, with Asuka being a close second due to recent events.

I'll go ahead and lock my answer at Rei. We shouldn't be too far away from finding out at this point.

Back