EDIT: I found out the ring was one they had crafted earlier in the campaign, but they had lied about what they were making. They had told me they were making something that had the same craft DC.

They tell the DM they're making something? They're making the thing they told the DM, and nothing else. They want to argue? Rocks fall, they die, and they can get the hell out and never come back to my table.

You do NOT lie to the DM. You tell the DM one thing and write another on your sheet, you're cheating. End of story. Ditto for lying about your rolls. Only person that gets to lie about their dice is the DM.

Last edited:
They tell the DM they're making something? They're making the thing they told the DM, and nothing else. They want to argue? Rocks fall, they die, and they can get the hell out and never come back to my table.

You do NOT lie to the DM. You tell the DM one thing and write another on your sheet, you're cheating. End of story. Ditto for lying about your rolls. Only person that gets to lie about their dice is the DM.

I'm not arguing. And yes, I was pissed when I learned they had lied about what was being crafted in order to sneak a game breaking item past me. My ruling was that those rations they magic'd up with a Wish? They were travel rations all right, but not for humans or half elves. They provided no nutrition to the party, and instead gave severe food poisoning. This the party learned when they finally had to break into their WIsh granted rations. I also ruled that the ring was a near cursed Monkey's Paw type wish granter. One that you can't get around with careful wording because it actively twists any wish made with it. That wouldn't have been the case, except the wizard who made the ring wasn't focusing completely on what he was trying to make (due to lying to me about what he is making).

I wouldn't have been so vindictive if they had been honest with me. The wish to kill all orcs would have still failed, but I wouldn't have penelized them for the rations or making the ring. That was actually a pretty good use for a Wish. Not quite within what is listed as "safe", but still reasonable.

Which I'm ignoring, mostly, so I can write the next section. :)

Makes for a bit of relaxation after getting 15 year old hardware up and running with Ubuntu Linux. (That was surprisingly easy, it's the tab crashing fest that is firefox...)

Which is why I never use tabs, and instead open new windows. *has about 5-10 of them open at any given time*

Last edited:
Is this a crossover with another story? It kinda looks like it is but I don't have the necessary background to understand the reference. If it is referencing another story can I get a link to it?
Taylor's a youngish girl who is also a dragon. Don't you think she'd be freaking out if a "baby dragon" came up to her insisting she's its mother?

Also, I want to see more of that omake.

I use Session Buddy to keep tabs on my tabs.

Of course, that's Google Chrome, which has a lot fewer information leaks in it and doesn't use up nearly half my total (8 GB!) of RAM.

Check these out, maybe? firefox session buddy - Google Search

None of which are needed with Firefox. It already saves sessions and lets you share tabs between devices. What it doesn't do reliably is save sessions if you exclusively use multiple windows rather then tabs. PC restarts? It'll restore all windows. Otherwise it will restore only the last window you closed.

...5-10? On my SV/SB window alone, I've got *counts* 35 tabs open; my main window has *checks* 101.

Seperate windows would not work for me.

:???::eyebrow: Why are you leaving tabs open all the time? When there are a lot of things I want to look at, I bookmark them whenever possible... For what purpose do you keep all those tabs open?

None of which are needed with Firefox. It already saves sessions and lets you share tabs between devices. What it doesn't do reliably is save sessions if you exclusively use multiple windows rather then tabs. PC restarts? It'll restore all windows. Otherwise it will restore only the last window you closed.
I dunno about any of the ones available for Firefox, but Session Buddy for Chrome definitely saves multiple windows.

:???::eyebrow: Why are you leaving tabs open all the time? When there are a lot of things I want to look at, I bookmark them whenever possible... For what purpose do you keep all those tabs open?

I do so because I am actively using all those tabs. Either it's a story I'm reading (I close those tabs as I catch up or decide to stop reading), information I'm checking regularly (such as Corvid 19 updates for my area). Right now I have 10 tabs that stay open no matter what, and another 10 that are open now, but will be closed when I finish with what's in that tab.

I do so because I am actively using all those tabs. Either it's a story I'm reading (I close those tabs as I catch up or decide to stop reading), information I'm checking regularly (such as Corvid 19 updates for my area). Right now I have 10 tabs that stay open no matter what, and another 10 that are open now, but will be closed when I finish with what's in that tab.
I'm similar. I have a couple tabs of things I'm reading off and on, that will be closed once I'm done, I have a couple idle browser games that I check on regularly, and a document containing a bunch of "I keep posting this in RP" stuff, and the site I RP on.

okay, not even gonna touch the other one but here's for blind eternities.

First things first. WotC buys TSR in 1997. Despite the fact that Magic is starting to kick off, DnD still has the backing of two editions of lore. Where this comes into being is a nice module set called Spelljammer. This is the oh look we travel between the worlds modules. Pretty much (while my knowledge is limited) the dnd worlds were in a multiversal cluster crystal that you could travel between with the correct ship and such. Apparently even if the modules haven't been updated every so often an old spelljammer ship shows up somewhere in the editions.

Now, if WotC really decides to drag the mtg multiverse into this there's a really easy fix. That crystal? someone's pet project to allow a set of clustered planes to travel between each other. And the Mending screwed it up like all other forms of non planeswalker travel which is why no spelljammer anymore. That said this second part is theoretical. Please don't quote me

Last edited:

First things first. WotC buys TSR in 1997. Despite the fact that Magic is starting to kick off, DnD still has the backing of two editions of lore. Where this comes into being is a nice module set called Spelljammer. This is the oh look we travel between the worlds modules. Pretty much (while my knowledge is limited) the dnd worlds were in a multiversal cluster crystal that you could travel between with the correct ship and such. Apparently even if the modules haven't been updated every so often an old spelljammer ship shows up somewhere in the editions.

Now, if WotC really decides to drag the mtg multiverse into this there's a really easy fix. That crystal? someone's pet project to allow a set of clustered planes to travel between each other. And the Mending screwed it up like all other forms of non planeswalker travel which is why no spelljammer anymore. That said this second part is theoretical. Please don't quote me

I got into D&D too late for Spelljammer, but basically it was "D&D IN SPACE!" with each solar system inside its own crystal sphere, and some sort of void between the spheres that the Spelljammer ships could traverse. there was some stuff in the void between the spheres that I can't remember the name of, but it had a current, and the ships (basic wooden sailing ships or whatever) can sail along the currents of the aether or whatever it was, between Spheres, allowing someone from, say, Greyhawk to visit Toril and vice versa. And there were all sorts of gribbly nasties out there too, like mind flayers in giant octopus ships and the like. It sounded great, from what I read about it, but because it was for an earlier version of D&D, I never really got into it.

Sigh. v.v Missed opportunities. At least D&D had ways to cross between various Prime Material Planes (the various D&D worlds), such as going through the Deep Shadow, or finding the World Serpent Inn. Be careful around that one, by the way, sometimes the kender get loose. >.>

As for the Blind Eternities, I would like to direct your attention to D&D's "Far Realm". They sound very similar. A realm outside the usual multiverse, within which all the Planes of Existence reside, a place where thought and reality grow ever intertwined, and vast city-sized beings occupy dozens, hundreds, or thousands of different layers at once, and the layers of reality grow thin and translucent, allowing one to see from one layer to the next, growing ever more indistinct with distance, as in the far background, sourceless lights illuminate mad geometries in true Lovecraftian style, and the tides of insanity wash away all reason.

Last edited:

Yeah, Spelljammer was great even if the Aristotelian Cosmology they used - with each setting's (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc...) solar system being set in it's own "Crystal Sphere" - making my head hurt. Geocentrism annoys me even when it's used in a fictional setting.

Still, there were some great concepts in there. It's infuriating that WotC has never allowed someone else to develop the setting for any of the subsequent versions of D&D.

Last edited:
Yeah, Spelljammer was great even if the Aristotelian Cosmology they used - with each setting's (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc...) solar system being set in it's own "Crystal Sphere" - making my head hurt. Geocentrism annoys me even when it's used in a fictional setting.

Still, there were some great concepts in there. It's infuriating that WotC has never allowed someone else to develop the setting for any of the subsequent versions of D&D.
They may not have allowed it, but someone did it anyway. Spelljammer: Beyond the Moons (For all your Spelljamming needs)

Bloody hell that website's a blast from the past if I'd ever seen one

I know, takes me back to a simpler time. Which is weird since the world was never simple, exept when viewed through the innocent eyes of a child. Ever do we look back and long for lost innocence, while mistaking innocence in self to be innocence in the world. The song Shades of Gray holds just as much melancholy meaning today as it did back when it was first penned.

WotC have now released one D&D book for a Magic plane, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica! Which includes the rules for the races that are in that Plane like Loxodon, which is an elephant/human hybrid. However it does not include anything on Planeswalking or the Blind Eternities.

Back