We tell her that the soul gem contains her soul, and that Masami/Sakura could have died. Worst case avoided, since Mami shouldn't have reasons to assume anything worse than "magical girls die" unless Kyubey volunteers the rest.

[x]Inspect Hildegard. See if it's still expelling grief, how it reacts to SMALL amounts of grief being put near it, how it reacts to small, carefully applied amounts of magic, and if it's safe to put near Gwen's seed. Inspect it with regular meguca senses before we put it away again and keep it in a different pocket from our other seeds.
[x]Head to the school.
- [x]Meet up with Mami and the others.
-[x]Ask about their day, what the others want to do, and go with it. Maybe visit Sayaka or Hitomi?
-[x]Mention we ran into Masami and the out of town girls to Mami via telepathy. Everything turned out okay but we kind of need to talk to her about that later.

[x] Ugolino

We tell her that the soul gem contains her soul, and that Masami/Sakura could have died. Worst case avoided, since Mami shouldn't have reasons to assume anything worse than "magical girls die" unless Kyubey volunteers the rest.

...that's a good enough plan in theory, but I think you still need to prepare for unforeseen consequences.

Masami and Hiroko, one decision away
Have another what could have been.

Another time, another place.

Four puella magi in a comfortable, if small, living room. Two sitting in place of honour on the sofa - a blonde healer with green eyes, and a whipcord thin, brunette teleporter. On foldable chairs, the positions of supplication, the other pair - a slim, desperate-looking redhead, and a worried looking black haired girl beside her.

"I-it's an illusion," the redhead stutters, swallowing hard and groping for the hand of the girl sitting beside her - her girlfriend.

"Ah," Rin says evenly, peering over her glasses at the redhead. "Well, Miss Gaikotsu, I'll need to see the extent of the damage if I'm supposed to heal it." A frown flickers across Sakura's face at that comment, but she refrains from saying anything, choosing to frown heavily instead.

Masami nods jerkily. "A-alright," she says. "Can we m-move to the bedroom?"

Rin rises to her feet, fussily smoothing her skirt down. "Of course. I assume you will want Miss Wakahisa with you?"

The red head just nods again, standing, as does Hiroko. The couple moves to the bedroom, Rin following behind them.

Sakura scowls, and wiggles against the sofa, burrowing deeper into it. Something's bugging her about this whole deal, about Masami. She needs healing, but she covers it up with an expensive illusi-

"Fuck!" the teleporter swears, bouncing off the sofa in a single explosive motion. Light blazes as she transforms midair, landing in a flurry of jackets and skirt, and she sprints for the room that Rin had moved into.

Too little, too late.

Rin crashes through the door in unthinking terror. Her eyes are wild and terrified, and she runs for the bathroom, unheeding of the sharp splinters from the door stabbed into her skin. She doesn't make it there, though, noisily emptying her stomach out in the middle of the corridor.

Sakura takes a moment to stare at the ruined form of Masami.

And looks away.

The teleporter rushes off to tend to her friend.

A heavy thud as Masami drops to her knees, arms hanging limp at her side. Hiroko, fluttering at her side, goes unnoticed.

=====​

The pounding of bare feet on pavement in a mad rush, carelessly shoving through the crowds.

A tiny voice, screaming at the back of her head no no no this is not how it ends.

And a single, desperate hope that maybe, just maybe that girl who feels like a Witch could help...

Last edited:
Have another what could have been.

Another time, another place.

Four puella magi in a comfortable, if small, living room. Two sitting in place of honour on the sofa - a blonde healer with green eyes, and a whipcord thin, brunette teleporter. On foldable chairs, the positions of supplication, the other pair - a slim, desperate-looking redhead, and a worried looking black haired girl beside her.

"I-it's an illusion," the redhead stutters, swallowing hard and groping for the hand of the girl sitting beside her - her girlfriend.

"Ah," Rin says evenly, peering over her glasses at the redhead. "Well, Miss Gaikotsu, I'll need to see the extent of the damage if I'm supposed to heal it." A frown flickers across Sakura's face at that comment, but she refrains from saying anything, choosing to frown heavily instead.

Masami nods jerkily. "A-alright," she says. "Can we m-move to the bedroom?"

Rin rises to her feet, fussily smoothing her skirt down. "Of course. I assume you will want Miss Wakahisa with you?"

The red head just nods again, standing, as does Hiroko. The couple moves to the bedroom, Rin following behind them.

Sakura scowls, and wiggles against the sofa, burrowing deeper into it. Something's bugging her about this whole deal, about Masami. She needs healing, but she covers it up with an expensive illusi-

"Fuck!" the teleporter swears, bouncing off the sofa in a single explosive motion. Light blazes as she transforms midair, landing in a flurry of jackets and skirt, and she sprints for the room that Rin had moved into.

Too little, too late.

Rin crashes through the door in unthinking terror. Her eyes are wild and terrified, and she runs for the bathroom, unheeding of the sharp splinters from the door stabbed into her skin. She doesn't make it there, though, noisily emptying her stomach out in the middle of the corridor.

Sakura takes a moment to stare at the ruined form of Masami.

And looks away.

The teleporter rushes off to tend to her friend.

A heavy thud as Masami drops to her knees, arms hanging limp at her side. Hiroko, fluttering at her side, goes unnoticed.

=====​

The pounding of bare feet on pavement in a mad rush, carelessly shoving through the crowds.

A tiny voice, screaming at the back of her head no no no this is not how it ends.

And a single, desperate hope that maybe, just maybe that girl who feels like a Witch could help...

Why would you do this to me you monster.

Hiroko, most likely.

So, yes, Akiko really was the key to resolving this situation satisfactorily, and she wouldn't be here if it were not for our dramatic entrance in the morning. If we hadn't made contact with Masami the previous day, I'm guessing that our first contact with them would have been Hiroko frantically hunting us down after the sendai girls left.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the scenario was meeting with the two of them the previous day, but sticking with the morning appointment and not interacting with the Sendai girls at all.

That said, I imagine that getting Akiko over could have been managed just as easily with a more reasonable approach; the claim and demonstration in a friendlier (and less damp) environment might have had her asking Sakura to bring her over to check it out herself, followed by the recruitment pitch.

Hiroko, most likely.

So, yes, Akiko really was the key to resolving this situation satisfactorily, and she wouldn't be here if it were not for our dramatic entrance in the morning. If we hadn't made contact with Masami the previous day, I'm guessing that our first contact with them would have been Hiroko frantically hunting us down after the sendai girls left.

I honestly thought it was Sakura, actually, since I assumed that they were in Sakura and Rin's apartment (somehow), since RIn knew where the bathroom was. I'm not sure why she's barefoot since transforming would have been faster, but maybe you're right and Hiroko was making the run because Sakura was busy trying to keep Rin *and* Masami from witching simultaneously?

I assumed that they were in Sakura and Rin's apartment (somehow)
I very much doubt that. It's possible, I suppose, but their apartment is in Sendai and they did call them here to make the meeting, and this scene is supposed to be what would have happened had we not intervened.

Sakura was busy trying to keep Rin *and* Masami from witching simultaneously?
From what we know of Sakura, that is very much against her modus operandi. Her most likely course of action would have been to take Rin and bug out of there, leaving Hiroko and Masami to their own devices. In any case, the thoughts of that girl seems to best fit what we know of Hiroko.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. This is a hypothetical future scenario that we averted through our actions. We don't need to know the details, just that it is a potential bad outcome had we failed in intervening.

Last edited:
I very much doubt that. It's possible, I suppose, but their apartment is in Sendai and they did call them here to make the meeting, and this scene is supposed to be what would have happened had we not intervened.

From what we know of Sakura, that is very much against her modus operandi. Her most likely course of action would have been to take Rin and bug out of there, leaving Hiroko and Masami to their own devices. In any case, the thoughts of that girl seems to best fit what we know of Hiroko.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. This is a hypothetical future scenario that we averted through our actions. We don't need to know the details, just that it is a potential bad outcome had we failed in intervening.

True true. I remember mentally preparing myself for the worst case scenario if we'd lost Sakura and Rin at that one update. That could have been... bad.

True true. I remember mentally preparing myself for the worst case scenario if we'd lost Sakura and Rin at that one update. That could have been... bad.
It wouldn't have resulted in the worst case scenario. Akiko and Rin both were firmly in favour of going through with the healing, and even if we lost Sakura somehow, as long as we stayed within range of Masami she wouldn't be able to witch out.

Healing her would have been significantly harder, though. Her wounds aren't exactly outside of our healing capabilities, but it would have taken hours, if not days, as opposed to the minutes Rin took. Mami would have to be brought in and things would have come to a head between her and Masami, in addition to having her learn about the lichbomb in the worst possible way. Kyouko and Yuma would also need to be convinced to help out, which would have been...tricky, to say the least.

...can we not bandwagon and just talk on what do to before we put it in vote form?

...or how about we just put []Ugo for now on since that's all we're doing.

It wouldn't have resulted in the worst case scenario. Akiko and Rin both were firmly in favour of going through with the healing, and even if we lost Sakura somehow, as long as we stayed within range of Masami she wouldn't be able to witch out.

Healing her would have been significantly harder, though. Her wounds aren't exactly outside of our healing capabilities, but it would have taken hours, if not days, as opposed to the minutes Rin took. Mami would have to be brought in and things would have come to a head between her and Masami, in addition to having her learn about the lichbomb in the worst possible way. Kyouko and Yuma would also need to be convinced to help out, which would have been...tricky, to say the least.

Oh yes, it would have been extraordinary. Possibly a better story but so much emotional pain and tension. The flame wars would have been the stuff of legend.

Incidentally, your rapid switching of various avatars is both interesting and impressive. Are those all just Charlotte playing dressup with the main cast?

---

...can we not bandwagon and just talk on what do to before we put it in vote form?

Do you have an actual objection to the vote or are you just complaining?

Incidentally, your rapid switching of various avatars is both interesting and impressive. Are those all just Charlotte playing dressup with the main cast?
I like to refer to them as the Charlotte Kirby series. Don't let it bother you too much, I'll settle on one of them eventually, once I figure out which one looks best as an avatar.

If there are any course of actions that you feel is worthy of discussion, do feel free to bring them up. I personally think that Ugo's suggested vote is decent for what we are trying to do.

Last edited:
I like to refer to them as the Charlotte Kirby series. Don't let it bother you too much, I'll settle on one of them eventually, once I figure out which one looks best as an avatar.

Hehehe, I like that. Do you have a link to the sauce? Also I would note that the HomuraVersion was quite nice, but if you have a SayakaVersion that one is obviously best.

Ever considered the possibility that people bandwagon because [BIG, SHOCKING SECRET]we agree with the vote?[/BIG, SHOCKING SECRET]

No? Perhaps you should, instead of being passive-aggressive.

[x] Ugolino

[X] Spanish variant transcription of Hugh.

A quick google told me the Ugolino is actually a Spanish name that is a variant transcription of Hugh (and also Hugo) I always thought that Ugolino was actually an acronym/nickname/something only meaningful to Ugolino IRL, I didn't know it was a real used name in Spanish. The more you know.

EDIT: Just wanted to share with others, sharing is caring after all~

Also, random thought, how many languages can Sabrina speak? Is she speaking Japanese only or can she speaks whatever language that we can?

Last edited:
Since she's us, Sabrina can presumably speak a whole slew of languages.

Could it be possible that all this time Sabrina sounds like a machine-translated speaker?! Shocking! /stupid joke

Back