Dangit @Academia Nut i dont think my laptop had even had time to finish shutting down before you updated that time :p Luckily i remembered my dad never remembers to turn his desktop off at night, so once I remember my password I can grab diffs. One quick thing I noticed was the gymnasiums action is out of date for our current bonus. We have +4/+2 now, not 2 and 1

Check the patrician power that just developed. That's right the patrician faction just ended the crisis for us o_O
Yeah, the update said that the Urban Patricians told the Rural Patricians to get their shit together and restrain the Yeomen, combined with the fact that the Guilds have gotten so prominent that they could restraint the Yeomen as well.

Somewhat amusing we let the upperclass annilhate the middle class and we find ourselves grateful. If someone mentioned this earlier they would've been laughed out the thread.

[X] [Crisis] Bring them back in with the fighting (Change Tinriver from Trading Post to Colony, will claim additional territory when fighting pirates, -1 Legitimacy)
[X] [Main] Proclaim Glory
[X] [Secondary] Build Roads
[X] [Secondary] Build Roads x2
[X] [Secondary] Block Housing (Redshore)
[X] [Secondary] Ironworks (Redshore)
[X] [Guild] Build Porcelain Works
[X] [Guild] Efficient Charcoal Kilns

[X] [Crisis] Bring them back in with the fighting (Change Tinriver from Trading Post to Colony, will claim additional territory when fighting pirates, -1 Legitimacy)

[X] [Main] Enforce Justice
[X] [Secondary] Proclaim Glory
[X] [Secondary] Survey Lands
[X] [Secondary] More Spiritbonded
[X] [Secondary] War Mission - Pirate Clans

So my first thought is that the guilds will probably hijack the Balanced and passive actions rather than our actions (since they don't need to pay power to steal those).

This gets us to 2-3 Stability, Calvary 2/3, and leaves our actions mostly open.

Econ math: 10 -1 PG -2 Porcelain -2 Charcoal -2 Spiritbonded = 3 bottom point, +3 income +8 Balanced = 14 econ at end (2 free for provinces)

@Academia Nut
Efficient Charcoal Kilns seems to have disappeared from the plain action list but is in the detailed one

Somewhat amusing we let the upperclass annilhate the middle class and we fond oursleves grateful. If someone mentioned this earlier they would've been laughed out the thread.
It makes sense that the upper class would prefer the status quo, which is what the thread wants, and the middle class would shake things up and fuck everyone else over in the process, which the thread really didn't like.

It makes sense that the upper class would prefer the status quo, which is what the thread wants, and the middle class would shake things up and fuck everyone else over in the process, which the thread really didn't like.
It's a shame though that the loyal Yeoman got fucked over like this but it was a systemic problem we were having with them.

@Academia Nut Do we get anything for having 2 Storehouse Annexes on our Palace? Do we get anything from having 3 Arsenals?
Check the megaproject listing on teh civ sheet. or these diffcheckers:

Diff Checker (Civ Sheet)
Diff Checker (Civ Sheet BBCode)

Storehouse gives "-1 Temp Econ damage for all palaces" so presumably we get 1 for each gov palace now. Arsenal gives a tech drip, which is amazing! :)

Ugh, i forgot how slow my dads old computer is...i'll edit in the action diff checker in a bit.

Edit:
Diff Checker (Action List)

-Plant Poppies stats slightly changed
-Study Stars gives +1 mysticism again, likely from having observatory to reduce "cost" in terms of priests?
-Governor's Palaces have changed a good bit. They give half the benefit to lower cent tolerance, but now in addition to the storehouse temp econ bonus give +1 to max martial as well.
-Block housing and ironworks projects added
-Stables are unlocked as a potential annex!

Last edited:
[X] [Secondary] Build Roads
[X] [Secondary] Build Roads x2

If you want to back the Second Sons here, you need to vote for at least a secondary War mission.

17/46 roads everyone keep that in mind. We have 1 main and 4 secondaries so we should always be dedicating at least 1 action to it.

I'm not sure that this is worth it. We're almost certain to get this combination during the Mid-Turn or next turn as part of the M-Reforms. It's been on the list during the last two options and I don't see it suddenly disappearing. It might be better to switch it out for something else and then pick it up later on.

[X] [Secondary] Invite to Games - Freehills

Enforce Justice to bring us up by two centralizarion, and we can then focus on trying to get back on the Golden Age train to deal with stat inflation (also, we need the cent for PSN). Proclaim Glory for legitimacy damage. And of course we have to use that diplomatic goodwill before it fades. Right, people?

Building one half of the Ironworks in Redshore in the hopes our passive policies will follow through with the infrastructure.

I'm not sure that this is worth it. We're almost certain to get this combination during the Mid-Turn or next turn as part of the M-Reforms. It's been on the list during the last two options and I don't see it suddenly disappearing. It might be better to switch it out for something else and then pick it up later on.

Personally I hope that if we build the Block Housing the passive policies will follow through with the Ironworks.

[X] [Secondary] Invite to Games - Trelli

Enforce Justice to keep our Stability positive. Ironworks to get started on the Free Megaproject. Necessary War Mission against the Pirate Clans. Invite to Games for more Diplomacy, here we have to invite both or the other will feel snubbed and not join if we ask later. Also gives them an outlet for their animosity. Efficient Charcoal Kilns and Build Porcelain Works for Guilds.

This costs 6 Economy and 2 Wealth.

As much as I like Roads... I do not know how close we are to cap :/

[X] [Secondary] Enforce Justice
[X] [Secondary] War Mission (Pirates)

Just kind of winging it here. Proclaim Glory/Enforce Justice for max Legitimacy/Stability after the crisis vote. War Mission because required. Ironworks/Block Housing because I don't want to use a reforms action on it and for finishing the guild quest.

Guild actions just bog standard stuff. Everything subject to change pending solid arguments.

Last edited:

Enforce Justice to bring us up by two centralizarion, and we can then focus on trying to get back on the Golden Age train to deal with stat inflation (also, we need the cent for PSN). Proclaim Glory for legitimacy damage. And of course we have to use that diplomatic goodwill before it fades. Right, people?

Building one half of the Ironworks in Redshore in the hopes our passive policies will follow through with the infrastructure.

I'd rather use influence to spend stats. A Golden Age is awesome, but it makes us always hesistant to use Influence because we are scared of ending it. Lets do as the prediction says and invest.

If income remains high, we can just pump it all into our minions to fix that leaky mess once and for all. Then we can invest into infrastructure to connect the lowlands properly. Then we can try to spam roads.

A Golden Age is ATM a poisoned chalice. It gives great solutions to our problems, but not always the problems we need to be solved.

So I recommend we replace the Enforce Justice with a Main Influence to get started.

Seems reasonable. I want to build martial, but our stats will be cozier next turn and we can't invite at the mid turn.

Now that we have some latitude, I'm interested in a second Garden annex to help maintain cultural values.

Last edited:

Yes, this pleases Omegahugger!

Ok, looking closer I've realized something important:
We do not have enough LTE to complete the Priest quest.

This is something that we definitely should fix. The solution is either Mills or Settlements. Mills is probably easier at this point (especially since it also raises econ directly). In addition, getting Freehills to the Games is probably a good idea for the stat drips and because we have positive relations right now.

[X] [Secondary] Build Mills

This leaves a lot of econ available to the provinces. I assume that it will be spent on the Ironworks/Block Housing, as that seems narratively and mechanically appropriate.

Check the front page and detailed action description.

Nice:

Annex Effect: +1 National Library count, -1 Temp Econ damage for all palaces, +1 EE before Valleyhome loses TC status, +1 Safe Martial, +1 Tech Refund, +1 Tech/turn

I'm pretty sure it gave us at least -1 Tem Econ damage resistance (phenomenal, especially since we have multiple palaces) and a Tech drip.

I want to try creating 2 Stable add-ons (those are now available) followed by an addition Arsenal, Great Hall, and Garden.

If you're only picking Ironworks or Blockhousing, Blockhousing is likely a better choice. We need both either way but we might get Ironworks as part of the M-Reforms during Mid-Turn.

As much as I like Roads... I do not know how close we are to cap :/

It's literally impossible for {S} Build Roads to push us over. Making 1 more road pushes our Centralization cap up +1 due to connectivity; {S} Roads only gives us 1 Cent.

Back