Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

why does it specify that shards can't cut the link than? The phrasing still falls under the theoretical one time energy transfer idea.

why does it specify that shards can't cut the link than? The phrasing still falls under the theoretical one time energy transfer idea.
Because I said the shard-connected ones might be an issue if shards cut off power, which is why I floated actual hell-powered tech. LR explained that it wasn't an issue.
I will concede you can possibly say that it's a one time energy transfer, but we'll need to ask LR about that on next update.
Fuck that, he says generic unlinked ones could work, how could they work if they relied on a source?

Last edited:
Here's the latest WOG
"The power comes from the beads, and the shards just shape it."
Will there goes the my theoritcal plan where a duplicate of Joe is in another dimension and has him create and large enough call bead, (or in this case call moon) and have it blast the lifeless solar system in and drain Scion to death.

Still a call bead the size of a moon would make a great weapon against scion, if he could base on on Fletchette then it would ablitterate anything.

Never mind, I just need to rework the drain scion with a large call bead to be, blast scion with moon sized sting call moons.

So, Joe effectively poisoned himself? Draining his physique?

Can he transfer it to another safely?

I just imagined Aisha & Taylor "Growing up", what would others infer they paid to get a contract like that?

Could he drain Gully's overdeveloped body to one of more appealing proportions? Would she care about the depowering?

[
So, Joe effectively poisoned himself? Draining his physique?

Can he transfer it to another safely?

I just imagined Aisha & Taylor "Growing up", what would others infer they paid to get a contract like that?

Could he drain Gully's overdeveloped body to one of more appealing proportions? Would she care about the depowering?
I would say no to the transfer, it's effectively a poison for demigods.

He probably could enhance Taylor and Aisha, but the type of potions he is using are focused on Natural Energy, so nature stuff, and would probably give them snake skin and bull horns.

I have not idea if he could make a potion that could cure C53, but probably not, Lord has mentioned a lot in Word of God's that to fix mutations like Gullys that he needs more Magi-Tech perks to fix them completely, whether if comes in the Form of a potion or not is to be seen.

I think a poison could weaken the "curse" temporarily, at least outwardly speaking, but it would wear out quickly with the shard enforcing the transformation
Actually correcting biology, due to how C53s work, he would prob need more magitech perks, or to study each biology extensively to brew a proper potion. And I doubt either C53 in BB is up for getting directed.

Actually, could a Garment enhanced clothing 'curse' transform Gully?

To force a "One size fits all" as in making another fit them?

I just imagined Aperion giving Gully a set of clothes and her only complaint. "Why do I look like a French Maid?"

Garment does not have any perks, only materials that Joe can provide and when they work together, also trying to counter a curse sounds like trying to put out a fire with more fire. It would probably make it a lot worse.
Agreed. Fighting Fire w/ Fire means using fire to stop more fire from spreading, prevention/protectio . The curse has spread through every inch of her, there is nothing to prevent/protect.

By the time Gully finds Joe, we have no idea what additional perks he'll have by then, so his ability to treat her may range from "I can give you one major change but after that the natural energy potions will interfere with each other" to "wave wand while chanting 'maledictum aufero!', all done."

I am curious about what circumstances Gully will find Aperion.

Will it be when she shows up in the middle of combat or because they connected online?

I admit, I still want to see Joe rolling around in an 'Old School' Muscle Car, as obvious bait, playing songs.

So, obvious thing. Aisha is going to be used to Advertise Garments clothes.

Will Accord make a trip for an acceptable bespoke outfit?

One must make exceptions for quality work.

The potion is no-longer in his system even if the evidence that he took it (the clone) is still frozen in a time bubble. So I wouldn't count it as stacking.

hey, isn't this stacking the potion?
The potion is no-longer in his system even if the evidence that he took it (the clone) is still frozen in a time bubble. So I wouldn't count it as stacking.

Yeah, DemonHG has it right. If it helps, imagine it like Joe has two lasers hooked up to a generator that'll overheat and break if he attaches more lasers to it. But then a magical time stop comes along and freezes the magical plasma bursts from the lasers in place. The generator is turned off, and it's not gonna keep being hot and potentially overheat the next time it's used just because a previous byproduct of its use still exists due to odd circumstance.

Old Clone Joe is already dead. He just ain't feeling it yet.

Yeah, DemonHG has it right. If it helps, imagine it like Joe has two lasers hooked up to a generator that'll overheat and break if he attaches more lasers to it. But then a magical time stop comes along and freezes the magical plasma bursts from the lasers in place. The generator is turned off, and it's not gonna keep being hot and potentially overheat the next time it's used just because a previous byproduct of its use still exists due to odd circumstance.

Old Clone Joe is already dead. He just ain't feeling it yet.
oh, then maybe he could use the stasis fields to store extra clones for emergencies

The area Accord recovered? It helps his mental state.

Would he set up an area to take a nap there?

I just imagined Aperion building mobile homes or campers & it somehow gaining Accord's approval, is it possible?

Back to Joe, can he store mental imprints of himself as back-ups if he built android bodies?

The area Accord recovered? It helps his mental state.

Would he set up an area to take a nap there?

I just imagined Aperion building mobile homes or campers & it somehow gaining Accord's approval, is it possible?

Back to Joe, can he store mental imprints of himself as back-ups if he built android bodies?
He can map brains and build robots, both at fiat "better than peak human science" skill levels/performance/quality. So yes.

Though they wouldn't have access to the Celestial Forge, just whatever knowledge from the forge he uploaded onto their hardware/a database, and anything they produced wouldn't have the fiat-backing of Jumpchain perks.

There are still reasons to preserve their original body, unless perks or the magical tech-base for perfect replicants produced a backup body which wasn't just a clone or a mental record, but was able to stand-in for the original. A perk that explicitly stated he could do that would be best, but I imagine if you complete the forge you can eventually just build a solution for any problem, since there are perks which are explicitly just 'exponential innovation' applied to any discipline he possesses.

A couple of thoughts occurred to me.

----

First, Parian and Flechette probably aren't going to get together in this fic. Aside from the fact that Flechette is already interested in Garment, I imagine that Flechette will be present when Parian first meets Garment & Joe (the author has stated that the meeting won't go well) so Flechette won't have a very good impression of her.

----

My second thought is what everyone's reaction will be to the Nanite A.I. when it appears in public.

Assuming that the Nanite A.I. has a humanoid appearance & retains its silvery coloring, I wonder if people will think that the Nanite A.I. is related to Weld.

Maybe Weld will assume that Apeiron needed the sample of his Living Metal to help heal the (unknown to all but Joe) Nanite A.I.. This could lead Weld and many other people to think that Apeiron wasn't a Case 53, but a man trying to cure his kid. It'd explain why he had so many different types of healing technologies developed and how he was able to help Weld immediately but not completely despite the fact that he stated he would need to do more research in order to heal each individual Case 53, it would be because he was already looking into curing another Case 53 who was also made of Living Metal.

----

My third thought was if Taylor is going to be recruited into helping Garment run her store. The author stated in a WoG that Garment would recruit Joe so that he'd have a legitimate form of income and I'm curious if Joe might make the same offer to Taylor to help provide her with a cover for her funds & give her a possible alibi.

----

My Fourth and last thought is how Joe helping setup & working at Garment's store will go.

If he helps with decoration then he'd be able to give it a great atmosphere like he did at the gym.

It'd also come up again if he helped with the creation & distribution of advertisements for Garment's store, I imagine that they'd draw even more attention than they already do.

Would Joe be providing customers with his snacks while they wait their turn? if so Garment's store might turn into a coffee/ tea shop as well.

If he does a good enough job with everything I stated above would other businesses hire him to help them out so that they too could draw more customers to their shops? If he does decide to help them and succeeds with numerous shops I'm curious if he'd end up creating an area to rival the Boardwalk in terms of revenue. (He might also come to metaphorical blows with Kayden/ Purity who is an Interior Decorator if I recall correctly though that might be Fanon)

Last edited:
Maybe Weld will assume that Apeiron needed the sample of his Living Metal to help heal the (unknown to all but Joe) Nanite A.I.. This could lead Weld and many other people to think that Apeiron wasn't a Case 53, but a man trying to cure his kid. It'd explain why he had so many different types of healing technologies developed and how he was able to help Weld immediately but not completely despite the fact that he stated he would need to do more research in order to heal each individual Case 53, it would be because he was already looking into curing another Case 53 who was also made of Living Metal.

I find it more likely that people who know about Weld's flesh payment will look at this strange new metal man who just happened to show up soon after with Apeiron and say, "oh my god, he's growing more of them!"

Or, at the very least, I find it a funnier alternative. Though I must say I don't really get why anyone would realistically assume metal nano man is Apeiron's kid.

He might also come to metaphorical blows with Kayden/ Purity who is an Interior Decorator if I recall correctly though that might be Fanon

Given the Fandom's tendency to whitewash that racist nazi piece of shit just because she cares for a child and is hot, I'd hope her business gets fucked or just doesn't get mentioned at all. As opposed to giving her her own quirky little fashion arc. Ugh.

If she even has such a business, as you noted.

Last edited:
Back