Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

a big deal that wildbow seems very proud of coming up with (assuming he didn't copy Browbeat from something like Milestone as he did for all the main characters)
He's a shapeshifter with zero-range telekinesis (i.e. "he can lift things with his mind, but only if he's using his body"), and despite being a brand new Ward when he shows up — the Bank Heist being the first thing that happens after his press conference debut — he shows both better tactical awareness than most of the other Wards, and a willingness to learn/improve.

It's like Wildbow was watching Young Justice, and decided to just merge all of the characters into one.

Last edited:
Seriously though, imagine what this Browbeat could do with the biological and medical education Joe could give him in under an hour in The Chair the Serial Phantasm School for Minor Parahumans?

I wonder what Joe could do to a regular human. Like if he took some random schmuck off the street and gave them every power that Joe conceivably could, what sort of powers could they have, and how powerful would they be? Would they be triumvirate tier, endbringer tier, maybe even scion tier? What would they rate on the prt assessment scale?

What kind of mental issues would develop?
None. Joe is capable of enchanting the mental faculties and soul itself, including the capabilities for adjustment, stress management, self-reflection etc, etc. He can give supernatural sanity and mental health. Of course normally he would not, as he is leery of messing with minds and souls on such fundamental level, but we are taking theoretical here.

Ironic. He could save others from insanity, but not himself.

I wonder what Joe could do to a regular human. Like if he took some random schmuck off the street and gave them every power that Joe conceivably could, what sort of powers could they have, and how powerful would they be? Would they be triumvirate tier, endbringer tier, maybe even scion tier? What would they rate on the prt assessment scale?
In a word, Chen. Well, plus the EVO immortality nanites. Or I suppose Aisha. She is, other than the memory thing, a baseline human; Imp never had any physical enhancements.

None. Joe is capable of enchanting the mental faculties and soul itself, including the capabilities for adjustment, stress management, self-reflection etc, etc. He can give supernatural sanity and mental health. Of course normally he would not, as he is leery of messing with minds and souls on such fundamental level, but we are taking theoretical here.

Ironic. He could save others from insanity, but not himself.
I mean, if we are talking theoreticals, he could very much save himself* from insanity. That is a thing he can do.

*himself meaning Joe Prime, with the "he" doing the saving being one of the clones.

I mean, if we are talking theoreticals, he could very much save himself* from insanity. That is a thing he can do.

*himself meaning Joe Prime, with the "he" doing the saving being one of the clones.
Nah, Mental Fortress prevents external influences from affecting Joe's mind, so he can't enhance himself the same way he can others. Funnily enough, Strong Spark is not considered external, so insanity is inevitable.

Edit: Wait, I rechecked and Mental Fortress' perk description says that it prevents "invasive influences" and "mind-messing mojo". I guess if one really want, it can be interpreted that Mental Fortress prevents only malign external influences, and lets through beneficial enchantments, but I don't really remember Lord saying anything on that matter.

Last edited:
If you mean every power, even the stuff he avoids, Joe could definitely boost someone to at least endbringer tier within 24 hours, the type where it would be impossible to engage without having multiple full-fledged S-Class allies, or an endbringer of your own. The specifics would vary on what he is trying to accomplish, but he has several monster-maker and cybernetics perks, so whatever it would be, it would be big.

If you mean every power, even the stuff he avoids, Joe could definitely boost someone to at least endbringer tier within 24 hours, the type where it would be impossible to engage without having multiple full-fledged S-Class allies, or an endbringer of your own. The specifics would vary on what he is trying to accomplish, but he has several monster-maker and cybernetics perks, so whatever it would be, it would be big.
Then he could give that monstrosity a set of giant power armour. Or maybe an enormous mecha?

Joe fully has the knowledge to take someone and turn them into a Kaiju. That is from a single ability, before we add don XCOM gene and psi therapy, Evo Nanites, Aura, Mantra cybernetics, and 40k tech. All that is just direct implantation for a persons body, It doesn't touch equipment at all.

Lathe's nonstranger powers give some indication. Alchemy, ninja skills, mechanical engineering, aura...
2-5 in most PRT categories I'd say. Nothing game changing baring aura's ability to unlock other aura which would probably move them into S-class territory.

Thanks.
Reading up on him on the wiki makes it sound like his powers are self-targeting. Is this wiki misinformation, or he simply never needed to use them on others?
Edit:

Ah, that makes sense.

This comment just gave me the fridge-horror realization that Browbeat's power doesn't give him any medical knowledge.

So when he's cutting the bomb out of that Asian businessman's head in the forsburg gallery and he talks about needing to jiggle it loose from an artery...he's literally just SOME TEENAGER. Like he's MAYBE attended a biology class.

Jeffy spaghetti...

This comment just gave me the fridge-horror realization that Browbeat's power doesn't give him any medical knowledge.

So when he's cutting the bomb out of that Asian businessman's head in the forsburg gallery and he talks about needing to jiggle it loose from an artery...he's literally just SOME TEENAGER. Like he's MAYBE attended a biology class.

Jeffy spaghetti...

You've got to start somewhere!

Delay Announcement
Sincere apologies, but I haven't been able to complete the chapter. I was really hoping I'd be able to close things out on the final stretch, but at best I'd be posting another shortened chapter. I would much rather finish this arc properly and in one go than post it in bits and pieces, so I'm going to push the release until next week in order to get everything wrapped up.

Don't worry we are getting use to the delays anyways. I like to think it's monthly update now a days.

Last edited:
Honestly, these happen so often I'm not even bothered anymore. It is what it is. I'm at the point where I can just go. 'Ok'. And easily move on. Appreciate you wanting to wrap up the arc as well, im really looking forward to this more than any other point in the story.

Back