Really? Driders can in fact be cute. Case in point:

So as a kid, the newest Turned Drider (I can't remember her name. Either Dinah or Diana. Sorry.) is adorable, but what about when she grows up? For all we know, she could either grow into a terrifying monster or she could possibly look like Rachnera Arachnera from Monster Musume. If the latter is what she grows up looking like, then I think it would be safe to say that HER puberty will be VERY different from most other people her age.

So as a kid, the newest Turned Drider (I can't remember her name. Either Dinah or Diana. Sorry.) is adorable, but what about when she grows up? For all we know, she could either grow into a terrifying monster or she could possibly look like Rachnera Arachnera from Monster Musume. If the latter is what she grows up looking like, then I think it would be safe to say that HER puberty will be VERY different from most other people her age.
Highly uncomfortable either way.

Can we talk about possible future "Mystic Triggers"?

God yes. Please.

As for Mystic Triggers, this alone makes me grin and think "oh god. This is going to take D&D and/or various fantasy worlds and make them reality for the people of this world." I also believe that Colin a.k.a Armsmaster, will be of mixed feelings about this.

Imagine groups of people triggering into kobolds, animal-people, monster-people or hell, into TRUE Magicians and sorcerors/sorceresses, not the slight-of-hand or smoke-and-mirrors type.

Reach O friends,back unto the days of 2nd D&D. Yea, my GM did allow a game where we were all Fey of diverse types.

I did play This, with levels of Rogue. Note, if you would, that the Quickling had a movement of 96, in days when humans had a movements of 6.

Snatch and grab was a wonderful game.
I played a Quickling Rogue in my last Pathfinder campaign. One of my contributions to the party was transportation, thanks to my bag of holding.

We have dragons, a drider, and a kitsune. I wonder if anyone will become any sort of fey. Or elemental like a genasi.

Well that bites.

Still looking for a group who doesn't mind Drow in full plate armor btw.

Also I have an Omake/apocrypha but don't want to step on what you have planned PM for deets.
Weren't expecting to find a lair. Kinda hard to track a dragon through the air. Still, we were casting surreptitious glances at the rogue who suddenly had come into a lot of spending money after that... Hmmm.

And you may fire when ready, Gridley (go ahead, PM details).

If she's lucky, little Dinah may end up getting a shapeshifting power up,and have the kind of luck finding love as a certain Yokai.....

..... If she's REALLY lucky, it may even work out better for prospective loved ones as well.

Last edited:
If she's lucky, little Dinah may end up getting a shapeshifting power up,and have the kind of luck finding love as a certain Yokai.....

..... If she's REALLY lucky, it may even work out better for prospective loved ones as well.

She's bound to get access to at least some spellcasting. And could probably learn a spell to let her shape shift.

Mis-adventures, eh? There were plenty of those over the years... played predominantly 2nd Edition AD&D Forgotten Realms, though custom settings would be played occasionally.

There was a bad Rod of 7 Parts campaign we did where I ended up killing the surviving members of the party after being hit with prismatic spray (got radical alignment change and had already had an axe to grind with the party and a heap of misfortune on the way to the dungeon that made my character want to turn back and prepare better, was ignored several times by the rest of the party and my character was the worst off, and felt if we continued my character would die). Looted the bodies only to fall to my death after failing a climb walls down a cliff. Was forbidden from playing a Chaotic Neutral character from that point on.

There was a custom campaign that we called the DM out on being a Phantom Menace plot-clone fairly early on (this was about 6 months after the movie came out). Between constantly pointing out the similarities to the movie and executing the story-arc's villain early on, we ended up annoying the DM enough that we stumbled upon a slumbering Tarrasque a few weeks later, so he wanted us dead. But I still say there was nothing wrong with interrupting the floating villain while he monologued 20 feet above us by checking with the DM how far away he was, then casting Hold Person so the rogue could Called-Shot "Head" with an arrow dipped in Oil of Impact. On the plus side, when the Tarrasque did awaken (weeks later so we got a lot of backup and preparation), due to the ambiguous nature of how the spell was written, I got to become a living chainsaw by casting Blade Barrier (did not specify where the barrier was centered or if it was immobile or not, so the DM interpreted it as able to be centered on the caster and linked to their position). Ended up being the most effective damage source, so mid-battle the effect was retconned to be stationary. Then after we managed to somehow put down the Tarrasque, we got treated to the main villain returned, as he had 'used a double or something'. Needless to say that campaign did not last much longer.

Though I suppose the Tarrasqu-a-Beaver would be the most amusing non-fail on the part of the DM or Players, just really awful luck while rolling. We were underground and in a narrow space (either a narrow corridor or fissure, a little over 1 person wide - so single file) trying to sneak around some group (goblins or kobolds, can't remember which), were levels 3-5. We get to an opening and low-and-behold is some random-encounter rabid-Beaver of some kind. Not Dire or Mutated or Enhanced or anything. Just for some reason, a Beaver. That attacked us. And we failed so hard at fighting it. All of our rolls for 5 or so rounds were so awful, and the DM was rolling so well for about that long, that the thing was tearing through us. We eventually killed it, but were in pretty bad shape for the rest of that part of the campaign afterward.

There were more, including Project Twilight, Shadowrun and even a Warzone miniature campaign (Yes, kill the Bio-Giant while your partner's forces are in range of it. Activate the Killing-Machine that will hobble your partner, softening him up for the rest of my forces nearby, do so!)

She's bound to get access to at least some spellcasting. And could probably learn a spell to let her shape shift.
Are you sure? Lolth dropped her in the deep end for the LOLs, and isn't about to grant her spells. Lisa is using innate abilities and likely picking up Rogue levels, so no teachable spellcasting there. Both Bahamut and Tiamat Despise Lolth, and are unlikely to aid her even by proxy, and the Dragons that are qualified to teach magic are not about to break cover to teach a Chosen of Lolth diddly squat. Since that's literally EVERY available spellcaster, it's rather likely that Dinah will be poached long before she will be able to learn magic.....

I'd say you should spell-check your uses of the Spider Queen's name, but not even WotC or TSR could get the spelling right, so who knows what it actually is?
Are you sure? Lolth dropped her in the deep end for the LOLs, and isn't about to grant her spells. Lisa is using innate abilities and likely picking up Rogue levels, so no teachable spellcasting there. Both Bahamut and Tiamat Despise Lolth, and are unlikely to aid her even by proxy, and the Dragons that are qualified to teach magic are not about to break cover to teach a Chosen of Lolth diddly squat. Since that's literally EVERY available spellcaster, it's rather likely that Dinah will be poached long before she will be able to learn magic.....
Don't be so sure. I could absolutely see Bahamut doing it out of pity.

D&D misadventures, hmm?

There was the time a party I was DMing for entered the beginning corridor of the Tomb of Horrors and decided that a large Sphere of Annihilation inside a carved demonic mouth was some kind of portal, and the entire party crawled into it one by one and were annihilated. Oops.

Another would involve a "nemesis" character I created for the party by the name of Redcap, loosely based on the mythological murder-fey of the same name. He was designed to be tough enough to take on a whole adventuring party and survive, and would periodically show up and be driven off. The incident I recall most clearly was the one where a player character stuck their head through a hole in the wall to look around, and I told them that the character saw a sign on the wall stating "GREETINGS FROM AN OLD FRIEND" right before Redcap decapitated him with his Vorpal Halberd from where he'd been standing off to the side of the hole.

Then there was the time I had a mysterious "Moses" looking character part the sea for them with the standard gesture, and then slam his hands back together when they were partly across causing it to start rushing back in...

And there was the "Rope Man", a character I created on pure impulse when they were fooling around with a Well of Many Worlds and lowered a rope into it to see what would happen. It turned out the Well was set to Limbo, and when they pulled the rope back the portion that had entered the Well had become a man made of rope who was an embodied spirit of elemental Chaos. He basically turned into my version of Q, a nigh-omnipotent and completely unpredictable character who would show up now and then to do something that would serve as the start of a plotline or just stir things up. In the cosmology I made for the setting (in part because of him) the elemental powers of Chaos and Law were both basically omnipotent beyond even the gods, but canceled themselves out and were respectively too undirected and too passive to dominate the setting despite their power.

If memory serves, Lolth and Lloth are interchangeable, but otherwise both correct. It's been a while though, I could be wrong.
No idea if it was ever canon, but one explanation for the name difference I recall running across is that they are separate beings, and at one point Lloth killed Lolth and took over her position & portfolio. But her followers basically ignore that if they are aware of it; partly to avoid Lloth's wrath, and partly to maintain her mystique.

How about some Case 53s? Sveta aka Garrote for example would consider many even quite inhuman transformations to be a major improvement. If somebody is looking for new followers who will willingly accept a major physical transformation as part of a "Mystic Trigger", she'd be a prime candidate.

Back in the 90's the group I was in took turns GMing AD&D 2nd edition. Everyone had a single character for the campaign, and if you were the current GM then your character was ran as an NPC with a few rules. Rule one was that your character didn't contribute to planning. Rule two was that your character got a quarter of the xp and a quarter of the gold they normally would have recieved due to being an npc for that adventure. Rule three was that your character would preform the minimum required to contribute in combat. If your character is a wizard, then it's magic missiles in combat (for example) unless a party member asks for something more impactful. If a warrior type your character does a single attack per round against a random enemy unless someone in the party specifically calls out a strategy. If a cleric healing spells or general 'utility' spells like Prayer when not doing a melee attack against a random enemy. You get the idea. Rule four was that the character being ran as an NPC can not call dibs on loot. This last one was to discourage people from filling their adventure with loot which is tailored to specifically help their character.

The main reason we were doing round robin GMing was so that people have time to create their next adventure they will be running. Between creating all the important npcs needed, creating any handouts, drawing up maps of any planned dungeons, populating said dungeons, creating random encounter tables for the adventure, and so forth it could take time to make an adventure. I've still got all my notes for the various ones I ran during that campaign. And I've ran those same adventures many times over the years. No way was I going to just throw out all that work just because I'd ran it once. And we didn't make one off adventures that can be finished in 3 or 4 hours either. Gaming sessions typically started around 10am on Saturday, and lasted till 6 or 7pm Sunday. With breaks for food and sleep, of course. It was a weekend long affair, and man do I miss having the stamina to do stuff like that. And it wasn't all combat all the time either. There were murder mysteries, political thrillers, cat-and-mouse espionage, whimsical shinanigans that would leave everyone in stitches, and yes even good old dungeon crawls. A given adventure would then frequently last for 2 to 5 such sessions. We needed 8 weeks or so to create a given adventure because they had to be robust enough to last four to ten days of all day gaming.

Well, one of the members of our gaming group was playing a druid due to rolling really well for stats. We always used 3d6 down the line to generate stats, so if you got the stats for a bard, druid, paladin, or other difficult to qualify for class, you naturally chose that class. Well this player was next in line to run an adventure. I'd ran the 1st one, the person playing a thief ran the 2nd adventure, and now it was Mr Druid's turn. And we were all curious to see what he had come up with. So imagine the extreme disapointment when it turned out Mr Druid had written his adventure so that his druid would be a Fated Chosen One, the reincarnation of some Epic Hero druid from ages past and the only one who can save the inhabitents of a border keep (who are all demons, but reformed and no longer evil thanks to his character's past life Redeming their ancesters) from a balrog and it's army. We were level five at the time. This was the sort of adventure that a party of Epic heroes would go on, and even then may not win.

Between all of us, we had 3 suits of +1 chaimail, a single +1 dagger, a +1 shortbow, a Wand of Magic Missile (level 3), a single Cure Moderate Wounds potion, and a half dozen Cure Light Wound potions. We had yet to visit a major trade hub, so our magic equipment was all what we had managed to scavange that we could use. I suppose Mister Druid realized that other then the wizard, we were incapable of even hurting the weakest of the demon army. The party's composition was Dwarven Fighter (me), Elven Druid who could never figure out how to not trap his allies in Entangle while leaving the enemy free to act (current GM), a cleric (who couldn't heal or turn undead due to who they worshiped btw), a ranger, and a thief. Can't remember the races of the cleric, ranger, or thief anymore. It has been almost 30 years after all. Anyway, Mister Druid must have realized none of us could actually do anything against demons or a balrog. I assume this because he had the head clergy (the demons in the keep worshiped his character's past life) bring forth the Legendary Hero's weapon, bane of Evil and only weapon known to have a chance of killing the balrog. It was a +3 Demon Bane bastard sword, but that's only because we didn't know the Name of the artifact class magic weapon. You could only use this sword if your strength was 17 or higher. His druid just happened to have a strength score of 18/05. Too bad druids can't use bastard swords. This meant my dwarven fighter was the only one who could actually use the damn sword since I had a strength score of 18/72. Yes, I still have that character sheet. It's yellowed with age, and haven't played him in decades. But I still have the character sheet.

Even with the Legendary sword, we still didn't really stand a chance against a balrog. And we had only been holding our own against everything else due to pure dumb luck and a single rediculously overpowered weapon. So Mister Druid decided to fudge the combat against the balrog by having us make attack rolls to determine how long it takes us to kill it, not if we could actually hit (let alone kill) it. Also, he assumed we took 1/10th of our max health each in damage each hour. With a group of demonic clerics worshiping a long dead hero (yet still recieving spells), this meant we effectively couldn't die. After that particular adventure lurched to it's ill concieved conclusion Mister Druid casually mentioned that the +3 Demon Bane bastard sword I had been given was a Named weapon, and it's true powers would only be unlocked once I learned it's Name.

Now, I as a player AND as a GM felt that this sword was far too powerful for where we were in the campaign. That previous adventure had been ill concieved from start to finish, and all of us (except Mister Druid) during a bathroom and munchies break had talked it over and decided not to record any of the xp or gold we got during it. That sword was the only piece of treasure that wasn't gold that we'd gotten. And I had planned to ditch it as soon as the next person was GMing. So as the next session began my character kept muttering about not trusting demons. Then, finally coming to a decision he drew the bastard sword the demons had given him, and plunged it blade first into the rocky ground with all his strength. The current GM had me roll a strength check, and I passed by the widest margine possible. To this day I hear the sword is still there. And legends say that only a True Hero can draw it from the stone it's embedded in. And then only in the world's darkest hour, when all hope seems lost will a destined Hero manage to pull the Blade of Champions.

After the session I did this, Mister Druid told me all about the sword. Mostly because he was whining over me throwing away such a powerful item. This is how I learned it was an Artifact class magic item. Don't know what all it's powers were suppose to be, I didn't let him tell me. But the name it's self was... worrying. Something about soul drinking as I recall. It was also sentient, because of course it was. And if the wielder isn't a True Neutral druid the sword will periodically try to force the issue, slowly changing the wielder's alignment until they are True Neutral. At which point the sword again tries to force the wielder to abandon whatever class they are and become a druid (yes, forced multi-classing into Druid in 2nd edition). I pointed out to him again that druids can't use bastard swords.

Mis-adventures, eh? There were plenty of those over the years... played predominantly 2nd Edition AD&D Forgotten Realms, though custom settings would be played occasionally.

There was a bad Rod of 7 Parts campaign we did where I ended up killing the surviving members of the party after being hit with prismatic spray (got radical alignment change and had already had an axe to grind with the party and a heap of misfortune on the way to the dungeon that made my character want to turn back and prepare better, was ignored several times by the rest of the party and my character was the worst off, and felt if we continued my character would die). Looted the bodies only to fall to my death after failing a climb walls down a cliff. Was forbidden from playing a Chaotic Neutral character from that point on.

There was a custom campaign that we called the DM out on being a Phantom Menace plot-clone fairly early on (this was about 6 months after the movie came out). Between constantly pointing out the similarities to the movie and executing the story-arc's villain early on, we ended up annoying the DM enough that we stumbled upon a slumbering Tarrasque a few weeks later, so he wanted us dead. But I still say there was nothing wrong with interrupting the floating villain while he monologued 20 feet above us by checking with the DM how far away he was, then casting Hold Person so the rogue could Called-Shot "Head" with an arrow dipped in Oil of Impact. On the plus side, when the Tarrasque did awaken (weeks later so we got a lot of backup and preparation), due to the ambiguous nature of how the spell was written, I got to become a living chainsaw by casting Blade Barrier (did not specify where the barrier was centered or if it was immobile or not, so the DM interpreted it as able to be centered on the caster and linked to their position). Ended up being the most effective damage source, so mid-battle the effect was retconned to be stationary. Then after we managed to somehow put down the Tarrasque, we got treated to the main villain returned, as he had 'used a double or something'. Needless to say that campaign did not last much longer.

Though I suppose the Tarrasqu-a-Beaver would be the most amusing non-fail on the part of the DM or Players, just really awful luck while rolling. We were underground and in a narrow space (either a narrow corridor or fissure, a little over 1 person wide - so single file) trying to sneak around some group (goblins or kobolds, can't remember which), were levels 3-5. We get to an opening and low-and-behold is some random-encounter rabid-Beaver of some kind. Not Dire or Mutated or Enhanced or anything. Just for some reason, a Beaver. That attacked us. And we failed so hard at fighting it. All of our rolls for 5 or so rounds were so awful, and the DM was rolling so well for about that long, that the thing was tearing through us. We eventually killed it, but were in pretty bad shape for the rest of that part of the campaign afterward.

There were more, including Project Twilight, Shadowrun and even a Warzone miniature campaign (Yes, kill the Bio-Giant while your partner's forces are in range of it. Activate the Killing-Machine that will hobble your partner, softening him up for the rest of my forces nearby, do so!)
What I still don't get is why the d&d Tarrasque is so powerful I mean in the legend it was a horse size monster with a fear aura and that's all it was then tamed by a lady saint who tamed it by walking up to it and demanding that it repent in the name of the Lord god and change its ways the Tarrasque turned off it's fear aura and started following her around so she take back to the village were one of the villager shoots it with an arrow killing the Tarrasque and pissing off the lady saint.

I'd have made low cr creature that could be tamed by female cleric and paladins but that's just me

Probably better than if it was Tia thus irritated, but only probably.

Once you get past a certain point, it can't get worse, just messier to clean up. I think both are already gonna be at that point.

A 1 ft pixie could very likely wield a sword in proportion to them that would be like the Buster Sword to Cloud, perhaps even easier than he could.

Exactly my point, really. While the Fairbairn-Sykes and the classic KA-BAR are both ~12" long with a ~7" blade that is very thick and heavy for its length. That would produce a substantially "buster-sword" proportioned weapon.

Imagine groups of people triggering into kobolds, animal-people, monster-people or hell, into TRUE Magicians and sorcerors/sorceresses, not the slight-of-hand or smoke-and-mirrors type.

Allow me to introduce you to this wonderful little game called Shadowrun.

What I still don't get is why the d&d Tarrasque is so powerful

Because they came up with the idea to have a legendary fuckall-deadly monster first and picked the name second, most likely.

Also, I might suggest making use of punctuation and other formatting options in the future. On a text-based forum like this, the quality of your prose says a lot about you and unformated screes like that tend to leave a poor impression.

Also, I might suggest making use of punctuation and other formatting options in the future. On a text-based forum like this, the quality of your prose says a lot about you and unformated screes like that tend to leave a poor impression.
I'm a seaver dyslexic working of their phone sorry for the bad punctuation

And by seaver dyslexic I mean that ever after nearly 30 year of working it's fucking me over no matter how much I spell check.

Last edited:
I'm a seaver dyslexic working of their phone sorry for the bad punctuation

And by seaver dyslexic I mean that ever after nearly 30 year of working it's fucking me over no matter how much I spell check.

No worries, man. Saw you only had a couple posts and thought you might not have realized.

Thing is though, for me at least, the biggest thing isn't something a spell-checker would help with. It's the run-on sentence structure.

I'd suggest focusing on writing one thought at a time. Focus on where you'd pause at the end of a statement if you were speaking and put a period there. Better to chop things up into too many sentences than have a massive, paragraph sized run-on.

Maybe check out grammarly? A lot of authors around here use it and it should help suggest sentence breaks if you can't find them, since I know dyslexia can cause issues with that.

No worries, man. Saw you only had a couple posts and thought you might not have realized.

Thing is though, for me at least, the biggest thing isn't something a spell-checker would help with. It's the run-on sentence structure.

I'd suggest focusing on writing one thought at a time. Focus on where you'd pause at the end of a statement if you were speaking and put a period there. Better to chop things up into too many sentences than have a massive, paragraph sized run-on.

Maybe check out grammarly? A lot of authors around here use it and it should help suggest sentence breaks if you can't find them, since I know dyslexia can cause issues with that.
Thanks for the advice and yes it only been in last year or so that i have started checking out forums and the like.

Back