Okay, I finally read through all of this. I will admit that I do like that you're going with one aspect that so many have forgotten about D&D...

That Earth, with the D&D game, actually exists in the game.

Yeah, D&D was meta like that.

As an aside? It is rather obvious who should be the male dragon... Danny.

Tiamat: *Looks the now dragonified Danny up and down before all her heads lick their lips* Mama likes~

Okay, I finally read through all of this. I will admit that I do like that you're going with one aspect that so many have forgotten about D&D...

That Earth, with the D&D game, actually exists in the game.

Yeah, D&D was meta like that.

As an aside? It is rather obvious who should be the male dragon... Danny.

Tiamat: *Looks the now dragonified Danny up and down before all her heads lick their lips* Mama likes~

Okay THAT would be a FUN omake to read. Tiamat ends up becoming Taylor's new mommy. Imagine how much of a business boom the alcohol industry is going to make from people wanting to drink to get over that little bit of news.

REJOICE!

Towering far above everyone, a true king arrives! His name is the Dapper Kaiju, @Harry Leferts !
*Cocks eyebrow*
Okay THAT would be a FUN omake to read. Tiamat ends up becoming Taylor's new mommy. Imagine how much of a business boom the alcohol industry is going to make from people wanting to drink to get over that little bit of news.
Well, Bahamut would likely state that at least Danny was better than most. Also, even if Annette got resurrected, not really that big of an issue considering, um... dragons can apparently be polygamous.

Apocalypse, Dragon Style!
Omake, short hopefully never Canon to this storyline.

"Armageddon, Dragon style."

Imp listened to Taylor and Amy as they discussed their gods, the care of their dragon selves and Taylor gave another lesson in magic to Amy.

After they were done, Imp went to her room and thought for a long time, for her, anyway.

Ten minutes later, she was typing furiously.

"Alec, I need you to look at this."

"What's in it for me?"

Alec blinked at her answer and took the folder Imp had. He read it, stared into space for a minute and read it again. "Are you sure this will work?"

"There's only one way to be sure."

Alec shrugged. "I've got nothing better to do."

Three days later, Taylor and Amy we're practicing magic, when a huge surge of magic flared out across the entire city.

They took off, following the flare of magic back to its source.

Taylor landed, staring at the two young dragons, a Deep Dragon and a Blue dragon, before looking at the makeshift ritual altar laid out.

(Arcane knowledge roll: 14+17=31 vs DC 25, success.)

Taylor groaned as she stared at the two new dragons as they awoke under Amy's healing.

"Who did you two idiots call on?"

Imp shifted her wings, grinning madly. "Only the best Goddess for me. I promised to serve Hlal."

Alec shrugged. "I couldn't find a Dragon God of laziness, so I chose Task."

Taylor stared at them for a minute. A long minute.

"Imp, you chose to serve the Goddess of humour and pleasure and Regent chose the God of Greed?"

The two nodded, paying more attention to their newly dragon bodies.

"Gods save us all."

Amy considered the two and turned to Taylor. "So, you mentioned a planes walking spell?"

(And dinner break is over, back to work.)

Well, Bahamut would likely state that at least Danny was better than most. Also, even if Annette got resurrected, not really that big of an issue considering, um... dragons can apparently be polygamous.

Seriously? Oh man. If some of the guys at where he works finds out if that happens, they would either envy him or pity him. But they most DEFINITELY will constantly bust his chops about it just for fun.

Last edited:
The thought of being able to get dragon bodies, by promising to worship and serve a god/dess; tell me that wouldn't appeal to Imp and Regent.

It wouldn't appeal to Imp and Regent.

In Regent's case, too much work.
In Imp's case, too much focus.

:D

EDIT: To expand, the creation of the ritual circle would require more focus on a single task then I think Imp can muster. And Regent would mess with her while drawing it anyway, just because he'd find doing so amusing. Which would lead to a botched ritual. And that can have seriously bad consequences. Where would they even get the ritual anyway? Neither Amy nor Taylor used one. Both of them were dragonfied when they were dying.

Last edited:
Hence, why it's an apocrypha, and not on omake.

Nothing more to see here, let's move along, get some sleep, a new week of more self-isolation and going stir crazy awaits! :)

I was thinking Alec. Not because he deserves it, but because his lazy, snarky ass would make a good contrast.
Grue: "Say what? You're a dragon?! Since when?"

Regent: "Oh, for years."

Grue: "And you never did anything?"

Regent: <shrugs> "Eh. Just doing the dragon thing, sitting on my horde."

Grue: "What horde?"

Regent: "I stuffed all my loot inside the couch."

Grue: "Say what? You're a dragon?! Since when?"

Regent: "Oh, for years."

Grue: "And you never did anything?"

Regent: <shrugs> "Eh. Just doing the dragon thing, sitting on my horde."

Grue: "What horde?"

Regent: "I stuffed all my loot inside the couch."
Umm... not to nitpick, but would this imply that Alec has a horde of hoard?

Because that if indeed is the case, that is one impressive couch. Where can I get one and how much does it cost?

Umm... not to nitpick, but would this imply that Alec has a horde of hoard?

Because that if indeed is the case, that is one impressive couch. Where can I get one and how much does it cost?

I hear in a lot of Fantasy settings, there's a Bag Of Holding kind of thing. Dragon Alec probably used some Dragon Magic to turn the couch into a Couch Of Holding.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that, thank you.

Still, my question stands: where/how do I get one and how much would it cost?

No one who sits on it will ever find their keys again.

True. Kinda reminds me of this indie horror/creature feature movie that's pretty much a joke that focused on the killer monster being a killer Lazy Boy.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that, thank you.

Still, my question stands: where/how do I get one and how much would it cost?

My guess? Either use the magic to make it yourself, or hire a Dragon that specializes in enchanting objects of your choice into becoming a *insert object name here* Of Holding.

Last edited:
True. Kinda reminds me of this indie horror/creature feature movie that's pretty much a joke that focused on the killer monster being a killer Lazy Boy.

My guess? Either use the magic to make it yourself, or hire a Dragon that specializes in enchanting objects of your choice into becoming a *insert object name here* Of Holding.
If said dragon gets distracted during the enchanting a La-Z-Boy of Holding, would they accidentally make a La-Z-Boy of Hugging instead?

A Lazy-boy of Hugging would be just be a very affectionate Mimic...which is still hilarious to think about.

I have to agree.

commercial: No need for a Snugee or a blanket, just let your "Lazy-Boy Of Hugging" wrap around you and keep you warm during those cold lonely nights.

Metallic Dragons make a La-Z-Boy of Hugging, Chromatics make a La-Z-Boy of Devouring.

Which would fit that movie I saw. And since the people would SIT on it, said La-Z-Boy of Devouring would end up eating its victims ass first........there's a certain kind of ass joke there, but I'm almost afraid to post it here.

Last edited:
Back