Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

You know, it's nice seeing Vicky grow up in this chapter. Also it's nice to see people realizing that hey, Joe isn't the bad guy- he's just competent! Really neat seeing how other people reacted to his recent changes, and hearing a few theories about him and his powers. I feel a bit conflicted, as I almost wanted to hear about his ping to literally everyone with live updates on the bombers, but that's best for next chapter, it's less of a cliff hanger this way I thinks.

Still, this is a very well done Interlude, and it's interesting to read the reactions of people over his conversation with Bakuda, and how his recent powers over STYLE and POSE have affected him to such a level. I'm looking forwards to next week- although I feel like the chapter was read far, far too fast- I had to actually slow myself down to enjoy it... and that's something I don't' think I've ever had the privilege of doing. Very strange to liken a chapter of a story to a fine meal, but the metaphor is there...

still, Well done Lord! Thanks for the chapter- it was worth the wait!

Well that was an enthralling chapter and can honestly say that that 10k went by way to quick. Character interactions are where you shine as an author. I eagerly await next week.

I really like the reaction to his new posing power, it will only make his Future career as the Pillar Man of Brockton Bay that much more impactful.

Excited to see the next half, but I think that the reaction to him shooting Lung into orbit with an FTL powered robot would be the most impressive feat of the day, beyond surviving the point-blank March cluster attack at least.

I also expect people to begin freaking out over his dinosaur transformation, starting to say things like

"He's a Tinker/Trump that gains more powers by fighting other capes and has now become a Dinosaur from fighting Lung.
That he got his healing tech by "attacking" Panacea!
All those fights with Leet and Bakuda having launched his tech into the stratosphere!"

If they find out about his clones, well it will only be more validation for fighting Oni Lee.

Welp.
Now I either gotta wait a week for more, or I can hit page 1 and reread this story from start to this chapter 2 or 3 more times...

Pressing page 1 now.

Edit: It is Saturday now.
Pressing page 1 again.

Last edited:
I like it. Glad to see Vicky beginning to grow up and her career path change. I wonder just how much footage will be captured. I dearly hope the Tiger Knee is one. Thing of beauty. But the most important would be Marches gloating and Aperion 'being outed' as a Case 53. I also hope someone cottons onto Garment being injured at all is what caused his berserk rage.

You know, there is one bit that I really don't know how to feel about and that's, why hasn't Joe installed something for resource denial in his tech? Common sense dictates that eventually he was going to need to leave something behind that he doesn't want studied, him not preparing for that eventuality strains my SOD more than most things in the story.

Last edited:
You know, there is one bit that I really don't know how to feel about and that's, why hasn't Joe installed something for resource denial in his tech? Common sense dictates that eventually he was going to need to leave something behind that he doesn't want studied, him not preparing for that eventuality strains my SOD more than most things in the story.
A lot of Joe's tech - such as his motoroid - is based on magitech, which is already by its very nature a black box for tinkers.

There's the fiat backed repair of his tech along with the magitech properties that pretty much blackbox his tech. There's also the perk that allows him to track where his tech is.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, everything he's used so far has either been expendable munitions, or fiat/workshop backed to the point that it would either just return to the workshop, or be fully repaired within 24 hours. Plus, he can intuitively sense where all his creations are thanks to an earlier power. so while it might have been good idea jus ton principle, everything he's deployed is either expendable, automatically recovered, easily tracked, or capable of repairing and fighting its own way out.

Interesting than even the guys with intel with the police, (some) channel with the capes and even the army thanks by the wards. Had not noticed the first strikes until some bombs exploded.

What I mean is that the entire city will Feel the last big strike. Because that FTL strike will sound like the hammer of a angry God. They will sense that sounds passing all of the body in a wave. Plus Lung had make himself the most angry, the biggest and the most powerful flare that the world has ever see outside of mother nature worse, the military 'best' and the universe shenanigans ^^.

And Glory is right. He scale from personal damage, local damage, locals damage and 'oh shit if he miss we are gone damage'/city buster with some miles to be sure it is complete gone.^^
Edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Pretty sure most everything he uses in the field is either flat backed by the forge and/or elven enchanted and if it gets lost or destroyed it comes back after a certain amount of time. The knives being one example of such. That specific motoroid is just a copy anyway so if time resumes normal pace it would just disappear. He has expressed concern over his tech getting out but no specific counter measures to that have been mentioned so I get where you're coming from on that aspect

there was some pronoun confusion going on in that chapter, might want to double check when a male vs a female is being talked about. at least two, maybe more.

Joe wasn't courting her, he confessed and blew up in his face I think. Can't remember, it's been a while

Yeah, kinda.

He was trying to court her, but in actuality he was being a pest and didn't realize it.

This. Except he finally got the message when she flat-out told him, except he got so embarrassed by it that he apparently dropped out of college or something along those lines...

Seriously, though, I wanna see a Parian interlude at some point. Poor Sabah's just been marginalized by Garment, that's gotta hurt.

Well there will pieces of the mecha motorcycle. How much of it I have no idea. The enhaced adamantium and the other really bullshit like material and some research can be done.

And there always a chance of a significant portion of the PRT tinkers and thinkers decide to a massive analysis of the bot because they know that it will disappear fast.

And these guys can be booster by the shards looking at the shiny data.

Well this is probably some of the worse scenario. Even taking the bot from a area with that many exotics effects sounds like would take some time. Enough for best stranger to help or some other solution. Plus there a war still happening so looking at the silver lines.

And a funny one of all these shards trying to emulate 'frustration' from losing a opportunity of studying the mecha^^.

I'm unsure about what happened to the points from this interlude. We got the Ironman perk from the Dragon interlude, so where is the earnings from this one?

Yeah, kinda.

This. Except he finally got the message when she flat-out told him, except he got so embarrassed by it that he apparently dropped out of college or something along those lines...

Seriously, though, I wanna see a Parian interlude at some point. Poor Sabah's just been marginalized by Garment, that's gotta hurt.
Pretty sure that wasn't the reason. It might have contributed to the emotions he was feeling, but it had a lot to do with his depression and his adviser (Annette), who was one of his main sources of support, passing away unexpectedly.

Last edited:
Back