Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

I'm looking forward to Joe getting the "Aesthetics and Flair (Bayonetta)" Quality Perk, simply for the free perk "Classy Contortionist" which will give Joe an innate ability to pose at any time to show off his good looks/ stylish outfit and ensure that he'll always look good regardless of what he's doing.

Last edited:
They worship the God Emperor not Terra. I believe the official record has the God Emperor emerging to save humanity from the dark times in the distant past of Terra. Earth is not viewed as always being a "shining beacon of ultimate purity" as you put it.
I believe it absolutely depends on who you ask. Of the untold quintillions of humans alive in the grimdarkness of the 41st Millennium, a solid majority are ignorant, uneducated in all but the most practical vocations, or have wildly different viewpoints/inconsistent knowledge/inherent viewpoints which go from "clashes completely with reality itself" to "actually hilariously the absolute truth, from a certain point of view".

When the Emperor was enacting his little power fantasy, he did not put much thought into informing anyone of anything of actual importance, barring a select few, because he did not trust them with anything. And being one of the oldest humans alive, he would probably be the one with anything like an objective historical record of events along any timeline. You can call everything before the Great Crusade a literal blank spot with only scattered, distorted records blended through religious histrionics and recovered Dark Age databases.

Alright, Alright...

Well then, I guess the next question to ask is: what belief system have these machine spirits been most exposed to? The jumpchain document these perks are from actually has a whole backstory for a 40k planet included as a setting, right? It's come up a bit before in Lord's WoG on what would realistically be contained within the weaponsmith and armorsmith perks. Does anyone know if that document mentions the spirits' native planet's dominant religious views on Terra?

Since they starting to integrate with the rest of the lab. My guess would be that they use (indirectly) the internet. One of them decide to see the local stars and zone to prepare themselves to future invasions and etc.
And then note which quadrant of the galaxy they are, then note which position is Earth and Mars, the number of planets in Sol, that there Luna and others satellites, And etc.
These guys usually have a lot of knowledge in many areas in their very, very long lives.

Anyway this would depend if the MC power allow them to discover this information or if it restrict them somewhat. And they just got access to the lab so at very last they technically could ask the AIs or the MC if they wish.

Good Idea. Can't believe I missed an obvious option like that. Still, I have to wonder if they'd be willing to believe it...

Skulls and Pals: "Wow, this backwater shithole sure does sit in a strangely familiar solar system configuration. What could it mean... Ah, I know! It's a test of faith! We should tell Joe to destroy it to rid the universe of its blasphemous mimicry!"

Last edited:
Because everyone is talking about what perk they want to see, I put forward Anaheim Degree. Anaheim degree is all the UC gundam mobile suit tech. It is time for joe to figure out the power of Psycho frame an cyber newtype stuff. Cyber newtype would require research immediately to figure out, but pulling an axis redirection is worth it.

Lord Roustabout gave us an update on the Discord server:
Hello, and happy holidays to everyone. Just wanted to give an update to the people who've been waiting. The chapter is coming, but isn't as long as I had hoped to be able to publish this week. I had a bunch of family commitments over the holidays and was out sick for a couple of days, which bit into my writing time pretty heavily. Currently the chapter's at about 22,000 words, but I'm going to keep working until my usual posting time to add to that. It's also not a combat chapter, the next big conflict will be starting in the following chapter. Thanks to everyone who supported the story through the challenging time that has been 2020, and I hope you enjoy the chapter when I get it published. I'll be working until then to get it into the best state possible.
So check in at your usual time bois. And be hyped for the next chapter.

The thing I want to see is the DMC + Bayonetta combo, because the free perks of those will stack with each other and create a singularity of awesome.

We are being asked to go to the hype train?
(I am joking here) * let inner 8 years old out*

'Lasers, robots, AI(s), super powers, now wereMC, giant robots (they have their own category), other machines, magic, villains and shenanigans'.
'weeeeeeeeeee'
*let inner 8 years old back*

Well I hope this was enough hype for me for now :p

Well it's past midnight where I live and I can't sleep, I have growing pains and have dehydration no matter how much water I drink.

This is going to make up for everything that has happened.

THE HYPE!!

We are going to see Some more of Ashia's power armor.

Personally for the perkaholic inside me im excited

Perkaholic huh, that makes me think of making up my own perk:

Time Constellation Perkaholic (I maked this) 99 points (but this ain't one)
Do you want perks with your perks? Does that perk you up? Is the concept percolating into your noggin? Well now you can! Whenever you roll another perk on the Celestial Forge you can immediately make another roll, pay for the higher (if you can) and take both! (if you can pay only for the lower, then you only get the lower) Warning: perkaholism is dangerous, side affects include: Trouble breathing, Impaired judgment, Headaches, Blackouts, Nausea, Distorted vision and hearing, and way way way too much power.

Last edited:
I want him getting all of the perks, but here are some honerable mentions. BTW, he doesn't *really* need the Cybertronian Forge since he can fake it till he makes it.

Perks that i'm looking forward to because they would be great for Joe:
Tailoring Kill la Kill - Finally make Tera into the Kamui they were always meant to be!
Weapon Crafting Devil May Cry - Rule of cool type freebies
Infusionist Monster Hunter - Kitty!
Miniaturization/Efficiency Worm - anti-precog, also can out-Armsmaster Armsmaster
Transmutation | Alchemy Fate - Tasty tasty prana circuits
Formula Formulator Secrets of Evermore - Now I can make up my own high energy mixtures and make different teleport, revive and maybe make a fire-spiders formula rather than sting
Aesthetics and Flair Bayonetta - Good lookin
You Became A Star Robot Unicorn Attack - Makin wishes out of rainbows
Xenoarchaeologist Stargate SG-1 - Harvest more pieces of Joe please

Perks that i'm looking forward to because they would be TERRIBLE (potentially) for Joe:
Strong Spark Girl Genius - Joe will NOT like the madness place
Hard Science Raildex Science - Unethical brain alterations for powers ahoy
Arch-Magos 40k Redux - depends on if he gets things like memories of building servitors... yeesh
Inventor Futurama - "You have a cabinet full of doomsday devices..." Oh, boy! Joe is going to be happy about that!
Titan's Blood God of War - Even more DNA changes yay! Also +15 meters to height and gaining aesthetic appearance of titan parent. At least he gets communing with nature for the win
Equivalent Exchange Minecraft - Now you can build a portal to the Nether (totally not Hell, not at all)
Truth Full Metal Alchemist - Depends on if he actually gets to/has to meet with Truth, if just the power then it's all good, otherwise yeeeeesh

Last edited:
Arch-Magos 40k Redux - depends on if he gets things like memories of building servitors... yeesh

Truth Full Metal Alchemist - Depends on if he actually gets to/has to meet with Truth, if just the power then it's all good, otherwise yeeeeesh
Two separate words of God from Lord, one said that Joe will have a bad day if he gets Arch-Magos and the other said that there are two ways for Joe to meet the truth, either perform human Alchemy resurrection or get the 800 perk.

Equivalent Exchange Minecraft - Now you can build a portal to the Nether (totally not Hell, not at all)
The mincraft perk is actually the closest thing to unkillable he can get with his perks.

The truth would be interesting regardless of what happens. Since it would put a lot of things into perspective. Plus he can make philosopher's Stone without human souls using different perks. So he might be able to use to to gain more truth.

I want him getting all of the perks, but here are some honerable mentions. BTW, he doesn't *really* need the Cybertronian Forge since he can fake it till he makes it.

Perks that i'm looking forward to because they would be great for Joe:
Tailoring Kill la Kill - Finally make Tera into the Kamui they were always meant to be!
Weapon Crafting Devil May Cry - Rule of cool type freebies
Infusionist Monster Hunter - Kitty!
Miniaturization/Efficiency Worm - anti-precog, also can out-Armsmaster Armsmaster
Transmutation | Alchemy Fate - Tasty tasty prana circuits
Formula Formulator Secrets of Evermore - Now I can make up my own high energy mixtures and make different teleport, revive and maybe make a fire-spiders formula rather than sting
Aesthetics and Flair Bayonetta - Good lookin
You Became A Star Robot Unicorn Attack - Makin wishes out of rainbows
Xenoarchaeologist Stargate SG-1 - Harvest more pieces of Joe please

Perks that i'm looking forward to because they would be TERRIBLE (potentially) for Joe:
Inventor Futurama - "You have a cabinet full of doomsday devices..." Oh, boy! Joe is going to be happy about that!
Titan's Blood God of War - Even more DNA changes yay! Also +15 meters to height and gaining aesthetic appearance of titan parent. At least he gets communing with nature for the win

I forgot one in the 'looking forward to because they would be great for Joe' line:
Item Construction A+++ Fate Servant Supplement - This one should break his concept that these other universes are non-fictional. In chapter 31 Consensus Joe and Aisha talk about Nobel Phantasms and 'Shawn Emiya', with this perk he should be forced to face that it is similar or identical to a fictional source. Also he gets to make super cool stuffs and become a Servant.

Same for the Transmutation | Alchemy Fate - They talk about magic circuits in 31 Consensus as well.

Last edited:
I forgot one in the 'looking forward to because they would be great for Joe' line:
Item Construction A+++ Fate Servant Supplement - This one should break his concept that these other universes are non-fictional. In chapter 31 Consensus Joe and Aisha talk about Nobel Phantasms and 'Shawn Emiya', with this perk he should be forced to face that it is similar or identical to a fictional source. Also he gets to make super cool stuffs and become a Servant.

Same for the Transmutation | Alchemy Fate - They talk about magic circuits in 31 Consensus as well.
Ya that is definitely in the top 3 perks I want rolled the most.

I just hope that if it's the fate alchemy Lord will add in the free servant.

You have no idea how much I want this shit to just show up out of nowhere and fuck Joe up. Absolutely wreck him.

Joe: *Pretends to be an unstable parahuman mercenary because it benefitted him in the moment like a boss*

Joe: Okay, time to clear up my reputation with the PRT.

Forge: "Ding Ding! It's Crazy Time!"

Back