Not funny, dude. :(
It's like it's been with... *cough* some manga series that had ended some time ago. Every chapter was a cause for a beer, or two, or a sixpack, mileage may vary.

Imagine my completely psychosomatic, but very real withdrawal when it ended.
I was feeling emptiness like never before in my life.

It's like your pet dies, and you have to bury him with your own hands.

Not funny, dude. :(
It's like it's been with... *cough* some manga series that had ended some time ago. Every chapter was a cause for a beer, or two, or a sixpack, mileage may vary.

Imagine my completely psychosomatic, but very real withdrawal when it ended.
I was feeling emptiness like never before in my life.

It's like your pet dies, and you have to bury him with your own hands.
Whut.

Well, how do I explain.

Have you ever had a series that you like so much, you don't want it to end? That's how it was with me.
Brief version: as soon as it's ended, I've started missing it.

Well, just the same thing's happening now. Strypgia's story is so good, I want it to go even slower, even though I crave for more. I want to savor every single byte of it.

*edit*: @Strypgia, I'm not brown-nosing. It's really that good.

Last edited:
Damn work filter... sorry about that, everyone. My office has a filter that at random will sometimes decide it doesn't like Sufficient Velocity, and block the page. This morning it let me load the page and write the post, but when it came time to actually hit 'post it', it suddenly decided "I'm not going to tell you if the page is updated or not", and block it. It took me 3 tries before I figured this out.

Hello, new friend Kickhopper. Per tradition, there will be an update by Friday. I have one scene done, but I'm holding off on posting it until I can finish the next one and hopefully close out a Chapter 8.

It's O-k. No permanent damage. On the other hand, written WAFF will last forever :)

Have you ever had a series that you like so much, you don't want it to end? That's how it was with me.
Brief version: as soon as it's ended, I've started missing it.

Well, just the same thing's happening now. Strypgia's story is so good, I want it to go even slower, even though I crave for more. I want to savor every single byte of it.

*edit*: @Strypgia, I'm not brown-nosing. It's really that good.
I've had that feeling too. Some of my favorite stories, I've even sent the authors fanmail that said 'The only flaw in this story is that it had to end.' I've made myself ration some fics, holding myself to a chapter or two a night, since I knew I'd tear through them in hours if I didn't, and I wanted to make it last.

And since all the posting today has made people sad it wasn't an update, let's have a preview of the update!

++++++++++

Her eyes snapped open, a weak, mumbled cry of alarm halfway out of her mouth before she was fully awake. She sat up, rubbing at her eyes, trying to slow down her hammering heartbeat and heaving breaths.

"Gott damn it... Misato, this is your fucking fault." She hadn't had a nightmare in weeks. Months. Not once since Shinji had started sleeping beside her. But now they were back, and she knew why: It had been almost a week now since Misato had asked/told them to sleep separately until she decided how she was going to react to learning they were together. It had been bad enough the first night, with her sleep restless and unsettled, and it had only gotten worse each passing day. Now she was waking up from a nightmare that she couldn't quite remember...

She clutched at her chest. No... she only wished she couldn't remember. Enough stuck with her, more than enough to send another wave of shivering down her body. She shot a look at the clock by her bed. 4:23 am.

Asuka bit her lip for a second, but then got out of bed, muttering, "...that's it. I can't stand this anymore. Sorry, Misato, but I need him."

Her eyes snapped open, a weak, mumbled cry of alarm halfway out of her mouth before she was fully awake. She sat up, rubbing at her eyes, trying to slow down her hammering heartbeat and heaving breaths.

"Gott damn it... Misato, this is your fucking fault." She hadn't had a nightmare in weeks. Months. Not once since Shinji had started sleeping beside her. But now they were back, and she knew why: It had been almost a week now since Misato had asked/told them to sleep separately until she decided how she was going to react to learning they were together. It had been bad enough the first night, with her sleep restless and unsettled, and it had only gotten worse each passing day. Now she was waking up from a nightmare that she couldn't quite remember...

She clutched at her chest. No... she only wished she couldn't remember. Enough stuck with her, more than enough to send another wave of shivering down her body. She shot a look at the clock by her bed. 4:23 am.

Asuka bit her lip for a second, but then got out of bed, muttering, "...that's it. I can't stand this anymore. Sorry, Misato, but I need him."
BETRAYAL!

Misato will not be happy...

Last edited:
MAY EPISODE VII BURN IN THE FIRES OF INSTRUMENTALITY!.... And Mustafar... and Death Star II... all at once. Yeah... I didn't like Episode VII either.
Geeze, you guys are acting like it was the Phantom Menace Part Deux. I mean it wasn't up to the original trilogies, but nothing ever will be. All it had to do was start the trilogy off better than Episode I and by George it did! Hell I'd even put it as being almost as good as Revenge of the Sith which other than Anakin's Heel-Face Turn and being part of the prequel trilogy was actually a pretty damned good movie.

Back