Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Voting is open
In a act of hubris I got Mathilde comm'd in a dragon form. You can think of her being very small if the belt didn't get bigger or very large due to the hat. The border between big and small divided.
Done by Seeyouguyslater
Also known as Grey

Last edited:
In a act of hubris I got Mathilde comm'd in a dragon form. You can think of her being very small if the belt didn't get bigger or very large due to the hat. The border between big and small divided.
Done by Seeyouguyslater
Also known as Grey
Calling it now: this is the Media threadmark that will spontaneously vanish or be misordered in the future.
Honestly, a whole post about an Ulgu Dragon? That's just tempting Ranald :D

More seriously, I love her expression!

Fanart

Model for Mathilde from character creation

Drawn by Sakura-Rose12, commissioned by @DocMatoi

Drawn by Jay Eaton, commissioned by @Lupercal

Drawn by Diu, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Painted by @CornyBones

Drawn by BlueBirdHay, commissioned by @Codex

Drawn by Wolv, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Drawn by Druuspresso, commissioned by @pucflek

Drawn by Lemon, commissioned by @DocMatoi

Drawn by @JayTar

Drawn by Stuffman, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

By @Redshirt Army

Portrait of Panoramia, drawn by Diu, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Drawn by Grey, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

By @Mechanical

Drawn by Kart Studio, commissioned by @pucflek

Drawn by Lachlan Page, commissioned by @pucflek

Drawn by Raven of the Seven Lakes

Drawn by Sakura-Rose12, commissioned by @MiracleGrow , backstory here.

Drawn by Maday, commissioned by @Snootleboop

Drawn by Tom Dale, commissioned by @pucflek

Drawn by @Renu , commissioned by @pucflek

Drawn by Cloudya, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Drawn by Kaibootsu, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Drawn by Sakura-Rose12, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Last edited:
I've split fanart off from the character sheet threadmark into its own post.

Do Karaz Ankor Dwarves even routinely trade in usury?

I could see a Dwarf wanting a concrete repayment for the favor of lending money to someone in need over a decent length of time. But the whole lending money with interests at a regular interval as a for profit business seems un-Dawi like to me, at least as far as traditional Old Hold ideals go. At worst I could see Imperial Dwarves doing it to non-Dwarves after getting a taste for it when they hear of the idea from Humans first.

It's not something I've fully explored, but Dwarven economics seem to revolve around the implicit belief in the intrinsic value of goods and resources, and their economic policy is based around the import of raw materials and the export of finished goods. Making money in a way that does not depend on the expertise of the Dwarf involved is seen as inherently dishonest. So I don't think mainstream Dwarven society would go in for moneylending as a way of making money, and would instead use it as a means of supporting Dwarves who have fallen on hard times in a way that the ego of said Dwarves can accept.

Done by Seeyouguyslater
Also known as Grey

This is an extremely powerful image, thank you for it.

Model for Mathilde from character creation

Drawn by Diu, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Painted by @CornyBones

Drawn by Stuffman, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

By @Redshirt Army

Portrait of Panoramia, drawn by Diu, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

Drawn by Grey, commissioned by @MiracleGrow

So that reminds me and I'm sorry if it was asked already and I didn't see it.

Are Skaven going to be capable of some kind of redemption in this AU quest? I know in canon their incapable of being anything other then complete and total monsters even if you somehow get them as newborns, but I'm not sure if you're going a completely different direction here.

So that reminds me and I'm sorry if it was asked already and I didn't see it.

Are Skaven going to be capable of some kind of redemption in this AU quest? I know in canon their incapable of being anything other then complete and total monsters even if you somehow get them as newborns, but I'm not sure if you're going a completely different direction here.

No sapient creature is born irredeemable.

From what I understood, the skavens are like that more from nuture than nature. They are born and trated like rats so they act like rats and all that. The same explanation goes to the rat-dogs that we saved a while ago.

No sapient creature is born irredeemable.

Considering most Skaven lore has them being created in a manner a lot like Beastmen we'll have to agree to disagree there. More of a living curse instead of being cursed into being like Beastmen. But again that is canon so you might want to expand on the AU of their beginnings. Gods know your Dawi have little in common with canon, so the rats shouldn't be a surprise.

Last edited:
C'mon guys word of QM no one is born irredeemable, that means while beastmen and skaven and the other evil factions may be born halfway down the highway to heck they can be redeemed. It would just take an inordinate and impractical amount of time effort and resources to get even proof of concept let alone anything beyond that.

Considering most Skaven lore has them being created in a manner a lot like Beastmen we'll have to agree to disagree there. More of a living curse instead of being cursed into being like Beastmen. But again that is canon so you might want to expand on the AU of their beginnings.

As a great philosopher once said: "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." Yes, the Skaven are born with the Horned Rat's hooks in them that dooms them to being cogs in a horrible machine, but I don't think it requires any AU to say that the Horned Rat is not omnipotent.

Gods know your Dawi have little in common with canon, so the rats shouldn't be a surprise.

...in a good way or a bad way?

That… is an interesting choice of words. Why powerful?

It radiates an aura of smug and dragon.

Voting is open
Back