Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Voting is open
I don't think all similar deities are the same deity, but in some cases they're either the same or they're identical twins. For instance Morai-heg and Morr.
Or there's what I call an Object-Oriented Programming Perspective. Simlar deities can be seen as Objects of the same Class. They are separate beings, but they act in the same way.
I.e. Loec and Ranald are both instances of God of Trickery Class. They have the same methods (like trick() and gamble()), and they of course inherit pray() from their superclass God. But it's overriden and works differently for Trickeries than for other Gods.

I'm pretty sure it makes no sense to nonprogrammers, but I hope some of you that do code will understand what I mean :)

Our names-a Mathilde. We fix-a your pipes-a. This-a my brothers Mario and-a Wario.

No, our "childhood friend" Wathilde.

Reminder that Mario and Wario aren't related, their just childhood friends who got seperated, and when they met back up Wario was just a jerk because that happens sometimes.

She is a wizard of the College of Light, worships Sigmar and hates Ranald, and has been undercover in Norsca long enough that she's absorbed a great deal of their cultural/speaking/cosmetic habits.

One of the things I like best in this game is how Mathilde is in a subcategory of beings who can casually "divinity-check" people and how subdued she is about that.
Fake priest of Sigmar: Sigmar sucks but this dudes gotta go.
Super suss Sylvanian General: Morr says he's cool.
I'm not sure that that works consistently. Not every priest can actually channel or maintain the attention of their god. That doesn't mean that they aren't a legit priest.

Last I recall Mathilde doesn't read the attention of a god, just their touch on them. A god doesn't need to be channeling through them at that moment for Mathilde to recognise a priest can cast miracles, since she specifically noted that one priest dude as a sham even though he was doing literally nothing but standing there and being a bit dim.

Another thing Mathilde has a skewed perspective of is the relationship between most people and their God. Ranald isn't typical and her relationship with Him isn't either. Someone can live a Godly life without ever being touched by their God in a way Mathilde would recognize, and there are those doing terrible things in the name of their God that are still able to channel their God's power.

Another thing Mathilde has a skewed perspective of is the relationship between most people and their God. Ranald isn't typical and her relationship with Him isn't either. Someone can live a Godly life without ever being touched by their God in a way Mathilde would recognize, and there are those doing terrible things in the name of their God that are still able to channel their God's power.
Well, I'm sure that's fine. Aside from the Chaos Gods, few gods are inherently bad, and neither are they purely good, either. Nobody here would apply moral judgement on people based on their choice of worship as long as it isn't actively destructive, right?

R-right? I hope?

So I've been catching up with the quest these past couple of days and decided to go back through the Omakes when this caught my eye. And as another person who has written an omake about Egrimm, you did an excellent job of writing him, especially in how everything he does in it can be read as either 'he's a traitor, on the lookout for a fellow' and 'he's not a traitor, just justifiably suspicious'. I'm also a fan of how clever he is, but is just unable to pin down the truth because of facts he doesn't know. A wonderful job all around!

Thank you! I glad you liked it. It was something that's been rattling around my head for a while. My vision of Egrimm is someone who hasn't betrayed the collage yet, but is looking for opportunities to either stay with the colleges or to turn his back on them; the later being provided by the political squabble by Mira and Alric, and the former by Mathilde—assuming she isn't up to something as well...

You're following behind a terrifying Ghost Wizard
Ghost Wizard?

Mathilde is a Dark Type through-and-through.

(Amethysts are obviously Ghost, Brights obviously Fire, Jade are Water/Grass, Amber are... Bug/Flying? Normal/Bug?, Celestials are Flying/Electric, Light Wizards are... also Electric? Electric/Psychic?, Gold Wizards are Steel)

Last edited:
Well, I'm sure that's fine. Aside from the Chaos Gods, few gods are inherently bad, and neither are they purely good, either. Nobody here would apply moral judgement on people based on their choice of worship as long as it isn't actively destructive, right?

R-right? I hope?

This is an argument that's difficult to come at because it's one so enshrined in modern beliefs about fundamental human rights. But it's not really one that fits a world that is completely different on a metaphysical level. In a world where the Gods - all the Gods - provably exist and actively and frequently intervene in the world, this is not as easily applicable. To worship is to empower, and thus any 'choice of worship' can easily be argued that it should be (and, in-universe, very much is) subject to scrutiny. The choice of who to worship is not just an internal personal choice, it is an act that influences the world in one direction or another. If someone worships Addaioth, it is quite possible that doing so will directly increase the body count of a future volcanic eruption. Should that not be subject to criticism? And if that sounds like a strawman, it's extremely possible that the Empire's God of the Sea Manann is Addaioth's brother, the God of Storms, Mathlann, which makes that possible cause-and-effect immediately relevant to the Empire's day-to-day.

Last edited:
Ghost Wizard?

Mathilde is a Dark Type through-and-through.

(Amethysts are obviously Ghost, Brights obviously Fire, Jade are Water/Grass, Amber are... Bug/Flying? Normal/Bug?, Celestials are Flying/Electric, Light Wizards are... also Electric? Electric/Psychic?, Gold Wizards are Steel)
Dragomas = dragon, of course.

Hmmm maybe Liliana could take him.

Epic rap battles of warhammer: Dragomas versus Liliana
Begin!

Warning: there's a joke on twitter about this
there's a joke on twitter about this
It's just the dragon fucker (may or may not be plural) constantly failing to comprehend that not every last quester shares their fringe fetish. And yes, it's fucking tiring

Truth be told, I rejected the first couple of reports on this post. The idea of 'dragon fucker' as an insult as opposed to something that prompted a flurry of :chadyes: in the chat was quite surprising to me. It's just a more specific version of monsterfucker, and if nothing else the success of The Shape of Water is quite indicative that it's become almost mainstream to look at something with more eyes than teeth and go "well I guess I'm no longer protected under the constitution".

When I woke up in the morning, however, I realised that this post did, indeed, deserve infracting. I still don't believe the term 'dragon fucker' is an insult, or that indeed the implication of wanting to fuck any sort of monster is an insult—it's one of those traditions that is Older Than You. But there was a broader problem at hand.

Fundamentally, the post deserved infracting because it declared that the beliefs and opinions of a non-insignificant proportion of the thread were developed entirely because of horniness. Because it suggested that any regret for a missed opportunity—and any choice to have voted for that opportunity at the time—stemmed from some base and entirely physical motivation. Because it implied that those who posted anything about Cython were wasting the thread's time with their (imagined) horniness and were contributing nothing of value; they were only posting about their desire to fuck dragons.

That sort of broad dismissal of other posters and their beliefs and opinions was, indeed, against Rule 3: Be Civil, as it failed to respect the participation of others because of the reasons I have outlined above. It was, fundamentally, the sort of hostility we're uninterested in seeing on this forum.

As such, I have now infracted the post for 25 points and applied a three-month threadban under established thread policy.

(I was going to make a joke about how, now that that's over with, we've finished fucking spiders and can get back to the business at hand, but I am not sure how many people here would be familiar with that piece of Australian slang.

So, instead: keep calm and carry on. That will be all.)

@Magery fun fact! Attempting to begin to explore a romantic relationship with a person who happend to be an emergent mind from a group of giant spooders was one of the options available to us.
The We are precious precious spooders, and are for cuddles and adorables, not fucking.
No shame to those who might want to see a depiction of a relationship that happened to have such physical elements in the background but my stance has shifted from "nah, 'cuz I feel like a teacher and the We a student" to "asexual, romantic relationship would have been a cool path"

Last edited:
The We are precious precious spooders, and are for cuddles and adorables, not fucking.
How would you even- No. No! I'm not thinking about that! Argh god the images are already invading my mind, I need a different topic stat!
This is an argument it's difficult to come at because it's one so enshrined in modern beliefs about fundamental human rights. But it's not really one that fits a world that is completely different on a metaphysical level. In a world where the Gods - all the Gods - provably exist and actively and frequently intervene in the world, this is not as easily applicable. To worship is to empower, and thus any 'choice of worship' can easily be argued that it should be (and, in-universe, very much is) subject to scrutiny. The choice of who to worship is not just an internal personal choice, it is an act that influences the world in one direction or another. If someone worships Addaioth, it is quite possible that doing so will directly increase the body count of a future volcanic eruption. Should that not be subject to criticism? And if that sounds like a strawman, it's extremely possible that the Empire's God of the Sea Manann is Addaioth's brother, the God of Storms, Mathlann, which makes that possible cause-and-effect immediately relevant to the Empire's day-to-day.
Hm, I never thought of it that way. Human worship as an inherently empowering force for gods makes it closer to judging someone for their voting behaviours, doesn't it? Never really going to be democratic, obviously, but when worship directly enables the god to follow their beliefs and goals said worship is a lot more legitimately given the side-eye. I still don't believe a sigmarite should be judged only for their worship of sigmar, but if sigmar the god were to directly do something terrible, then a fraction of that judgement would need to be laid at their feet.

Hm, I never thought of it that way. Human worship as an inherently empowering force for gods makes it closer to judging someone for their voting behaviours, doesn't it? Never really going to be democratic, obviously, but when worship directly enables the god to follow their beliefs and goals said worship is a lot more legitimately given the side-eye. I still don't believe a sigmarite should be judged only for their worship of sigmar, but if sigmar the god were to directly do something terrible, then a fraction of that judgement would need to be laid at their feet.

This is a really interesting way to think of it. Metaphysical representative democracy: one man, one prayer.

Last edited:
This is a really interesting way to think of it. Metaphysical representative democracy: one man, one prayer.

I may be influenced by my own bad attempt at making a quest, but seeing as some people can pray more, or pray better, and thus give more prayer to their god than others, while others pray less, or pray to multiple gods, wouldn't it be more like Metaphysical free market? You vote with your praywallet, the more you support the god (corporation) the more you give. Having a really devoted cult can give you as much prayer as being widespread but not really very worshipped, no? Not really one man one prayer.

Last edited:
I may be influenced by my own bad attempt at making a quest, but seeing as some people can pray more, or pray better, and thus give more prayer to their god than others, while others pray less, or pray to multiple gods, wouldn't it be more like Metaphysical free market? You vote with your praywallet, the more you support the god (corporation) the more you give. Having a really devoted cult can give you as much prayer as being widespread but not really very worshipped, no? Not really one man one prayer.
I just assume that a single human's worship is so individually small that even vastly more personal worship barely counts for much. Then again, there's always the option of material sacrifices. One man one prayer + one man as much metaphysical cash you can stuff into the god's pocket for the leadup to election (end) day (times)?

Voting is open
Back