Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

If only he had rolled a few proper magic perks , I'm fairly certain one of them would let him actually punish her apropriatly without going past the line of his morals , ( also I'm fairly sure there are ways to magically make it so she cant say his secrets , at least I think there are ).
Also here's another underage girl hanging around aperion the internet and media will definitely not misconstrue this .
I doubt that such magic is a crafting perk

Couple of thoughts...

Joe could be UNWILLINGLY putting together a team.
Him, Garment, Aisha, his AIs.
The giant robot his clones build while no one is looking.
(Would three Joes working together on a project each get the One thing at a Time bonus each?)

Majorly awkward scene potential - Drags her to Undersiders to have Tattletale talk some sense into her.

Family Reunion - make it all happen at the gym when they are there for Garment's little party.

I see an awesome classic truck build in the near future.

Hmmm. Joe working on the truck and a clone in the Apeiron costume driving by the gym while everyone is there. Looks like plausible deniability that he's a cape..

I doubt that such magic is a crafting perk

Actually Harry Potter magic he can gain access too. Just without a guide. It would be nigh impossible to even figure out the vow.... even with testing since he can't grant magic and even then he would be possibly only doing it with magicals. I took a look at all magic systems i think he can get that i know, but yeah you are quite right. Sad me. That would have been usefull.

Nice day to you lol

Edit: I think there is a 1200 point perk that makes him make spells... so there is that. It just won't roll. lol

Edit 2:
There is the perk i mean just searched it in the list, its from darksiders apparently:

1. [Maker] (1200cp) You gain an alternate form of a maker, broad, Immensely strong and around 12 feet tall. You also gain supernatural powers of creation, able to make impossible things from practically nothing. Though it may take many years of practice, you will be able to master the art of crafting life from clay, Forge magic spells from ideas of the mind, and matter from nothing. Creator's spark: If you ascend and receive a Planeswalkers spark, you will find your knowledge of crafting ectends unto the impossible and the laws of reality. You may eventually create new worlds from the void and forge new forces such as a unique form of magic or entropy as you create the new plane.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Tenchi perk lets him create teleporters or medical equipment.

Some of the Tenchi novels indicate that they can potentially resurrect the recently dead (as long as their bodies are sufficiently intact) and even regrow limbs.

Also, some of the teleporters have interstellar range.

Maybe something that looks like a portable tent, but has enough room for an apartment? A nice sized one at that? Maybe a storage chest that acts as a pouch of holding?

Actually Harry Potter magic he can gain access too. Just without a guide. It would be nigh impossible to even figure out the vow.... even with testing since he can't grant magic and even then he would be possibly only doing it with magicals. I took a look at all magic systems i think he can get that i know, but yeah you are quite right. Sad me. That would have been usefull.

Nice day to you lol

Edit: I think there is a 1200 point perk that makes him make spells... so there is that. It just won't roll. lol

Edit 2:
There is the perk i mean just searched it in the list, its from darksiders apparently:

1. [Maker] (1200cp) You gain an alternate form of a maker, broad, Immensely strong and around 12 feet tall. You also gain supernatural powers of creation, able to make impossible things from practically nothing. Though it may take many years of practice, you will be able to master the art of crafting life from clay, Forge magic spells from ideas of the mind, and matter from nothing. Creator's spark: If you ascend and receive a Planeswalkers spark, you will find your knowledge of crafting ectends unto the impossible and the laws of reality. You may eventually create new worlds from the void and forge new forces such as a unique form of magic or entropy as you create the new plane.
If he gets Harry Potter magic it could quickly get very broken , since in the book there are multiple time where the charachters use accidental magic to save thier lives ( Neville thrown out of window bounces , harry aparates) , not to mention apparition , which I think doesnt require a wand since harry does it without his , only requires you to focus on where you want to go and will yourself there seemingly without a range limit , and if he gets free basic competence in magic and a wand he'd be able to duplicate items perfectly and have even more healing options..

Last edited:
If he gets Harry Potter magic it could quickly get very broken , since in the book there are multiple time where the charachters use accidental magic to save thier lives ( Neville thrown out of window bounces , harry separates) , not to mention apparition , which I think doesnt require a wand since harry does it without his , only requires you to focus on where you want to go and will yourself there seemingly without a range limit , and if he gets free basic competence in magic and a wand he'd be able to duplicate items perfectly and have even more healing options..

If i remember right he only gets "enough magic to qualify for Hogwarts" so he shouldn't gain too much brokeness. Also thats random and not to replicate. Furthermore he gets no guide for his powers.... which increases chance of splintering if he stumbles upon ya know apparation. He would get a wand but nothing that gives him knowledges of the spells and all that. Nevermind potions whichs ingredients he wouldn't have knowledge off. He could make magical items have effect in magical zones, aka parahuman powers that mess with them, but that would be it on inherent power.

Have a nice day!

On the whole Aisha situation, couldn't she have simply turned up at Joe's place, 'stalked' him because she'd not found a way to turn off her power yet. Knowing that Joe is a Parahuman she might have thought that he could help with that.

There was some mention of Brian and his dad having gone to a restaurant and having forgotten about her, wasn't there?

That could have been devastating after the initial exitment of powers had worn off. So she ran off to the only other Parahuman she thought might be able to help. She could just be a victim here.

Last edited:
On the whole Aisha situation, couldn't she have simply turned up at Joe's place, 'stalked' him because she's not found a way to turn off her power yet. Knowing that Joe is a Parahuman she might have thought that he could help with that.

There was some mention of Brian and his dad having gone to a restaurant amd having forgotten about her, wasn't there?

That could have been devastating after the initial exitment of powers had worn off. So she run off to the only other Parahuman she thought might be able to help. She could just ve a victim here.
Nope. When Garment started twisting her ear she turned her power off without a problem. The stalking was definitively deliberate.

On the whole Aisha situation, couldn't she have simply turned up at Joe's place, 'stalked' him because she's not found a way to turn off her power yet. Knowing that Joe is a Parahuman she might have thought that he could help with that.

There was some mention of Brian and his dad having gone to a restaurant amd having forgotten about her, wasn't there?

That could have been devastating after the initial exitment of powers had worn off. So she run off to the only other Parahuman she thought might be able to help. She could just ve a victim here.

I would say thats unlikely, but it would be a compromise. I would still say she should get some punishment, depending on what is exactly the case, but he would need to scan her memories to know for sure.

Well thanks for answering.

Gonna drop this. Lost interest pretty fast.

I see. You made up your mind fast, but a contribution to why you drop this, with improvements that Roustabout can work into later chapters would surely be appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Nope. When Garment started twisting her ear she turned her power off without a problem. The stalking was definitively deliberate.

That could have been shock. It might not have been a deliberate choice.

Garment would have been the first person who could precive her. Maybe that, the physical threat, was what was required at this time for Aisha to be able to do that.

We'll see next week I guess. 😀

Last edited:
Just pondering on the consequences of Weld's new senses...
Another terrible idea...

Thank you for the great omakes. Sorry for the delay in threadmarking, I've been swamped and my management of the thread has lapsed. Really appreciate the work and Threadmarked!

in any case, I had an omake idea. The premise is "Aisha, Uncle Joe is busy right now, go play with this useless thing I don't care about."

The time frame? After Joe got a bit more immunized from Aisha.

===

Thank you, fantastic omake and Threadmarked!

Considering that Aisha knows jackshit, is a teenager and pretty much is a very recent Trigger. I think that Stranger in the workshop passed from 'scary enough to shit a brick' to 'another chore to deal' but many points that need to be addressed, she triggered so isn't a stable state and needs to be treated with caution and appropriate measures. No need to panic over this, just throw her at the mercies of Grue.

"Aisha have you heard of automatic defenses?" *shows her the skulls "Aisha let me introduce to the automatic defense it attacks any intruder and adds their skull to the defense"
"And this here is The Cyberdoc. It's the one that cuts intruder's head from the rest of the body while implanting all that shiny cybernetics you see on table over there to make intruder into cyber skull. Oh, I probably should also mention the anti-insect measures. I don't have insects for one simple reason: they don't survive. When nobody authorized is inside, base pretty much is sealed and is not livable. I will leave the implementation to your imagination, but the moment I and Garment close the door from outside, if any intruding parahuman stays inside, they die."

Unlikely to be the way for Joe to go for. But no doubt will impress 13 year old girl.
He also has less frightening options, potentially something with potions.
And potentially a mastering ability in a form of food: give Aisha a taste and then start eating it without giving her any, because misbehaving girls don't get heavenly food.

What can he do to keep his stuff secret?
Punishment of Aisha aside (which I think is a futile discussion since Joe is not the type to go for most popular of listed options) Joe actually has a lot of ways to keep his stuff secret.
1. His flat is actually mostly 'disposable', nothing ties him down to the flat so it is easy to 'start anew' somewhere, preferably somewhere he can add defenses to (to know about strangers before opening workshop).
2. Joe was not investing enough into defenses, and this situation is a clear sign that it's time to multiply 'only a fool attacks tinker in his laboratory' by celestial forge.
3. Personal anti stranger measures are also clearly a necessity.
4. Between some alchemy and Cyberdoc Joe migh have some interesting options, like altering his appearance a bit. That can be useful if he decides that he needs to confuse public about his age, nationality e t c. Then revert everything with nanites. But this is a bit extreme...
5. Aisha didn't see much beyond what she already suspected: garment gloves plus entryway are not much of a leak. But Joe needs to figure out how much she knows.

P.S. Security measures.
Brian: Dragon Slayers somehow found and are attacking Apeiron's lab!
Alec: So? Apeiron will rough them up, gift wrap to the Dragon and be done with them.
Lisa: That won't happen, Apeiron is in Boston healing G-String Girl.
Alec: Shit. We need to leave the city before his lab levels it!
Boom! TSCHE-CHU-CHU-CHU-TSCHE
Lisa: Too late...
Brain: Was that a very loud transformation sequence?
Lisa: Just look out of the window... or turn on TV, it should already be on the news.
Alec: Damn... is that a flying robot building trying to squash a Dragon Suit?
Lisa: Fuck! Get down. It's launching missiles!
Alec: We are off course, why would.... fuck!
BoOm, BOOM, Boom, Bo-om...
Alec: You should have clarified that it was doing Macros Missile Hell, not launching missiles! That's two entirely different things!

Last edited:
Considering that Aisha knows jackshit, is a teenager and pretty much is a very recent Trigger. I think that Stranger in the workshop passed from 'scary enough to shit a brick' to 'another chore to deal' but many points that need to be addressed, she triggered so isn't a stable state and needs to be treated with caution and appropriate measures. No need to panic over this, just throw her at the mercies of Grue.

Yea i know Aisha can be annoying in most fics, but so far the author has been realistic with the characters, so I don't know why some people are slightly overreacting, as of right now she's just a dumb teenager way over her head not some mastermind from the shadows. Although I do think she deserves some sort of punishment, it shouldn't be something extreme like a mind wipe which is something that Joe would be uncomfortable doing. I think it will be like in rick and Morty in which Joe will have to tolerates Aisha's stupidity in exchange of being some sort of Guinea pig for experiments (Like Morty but in less cruel methods)

Last edited:
Moving to another topic is there any perks on the celestial forge based on the game Endless space 1 and 2. I think there is alot of technologies there that although catastrophic could be very fun to build like for example dust ( basically super nanites that can build anything, fix anything including peoples bodies and even creating supercomputers)

finally some one who isnt mindwippy crazy homicidey or kidnappy thank you for not being a dicknugget

5. Aisha didn't see much beyond what she already suspected: garment gloves plus entryway are not much of a leak. What she did see. So Joe needs to figure out how much she knows.
This is actually a pretty big deal right now. With his current situation the CM doesn't want anyone to know he is affiliated with Garment. Aisha is very rarely depicted as someone who is willing to keep someone else's secrets, and has a good chance to blab to at least the undersiders.

This is actually a pretty big deal right now. With his current situation the CM doesn't want anyone to know he is affiliated with Garment. Aisha is very rarely depicted as someone who is willing to keep someone else's secrets, and has a good chance to blab to at least the undersiders.
To blab to Undersiders she will need to out herself to Undersiders as well. Once Joe digs into situation he will find out that Aisha has 'buttons' Joe can press to keep Aisha quiet at least for some time. And unlike Joe, Garment probably is one person that can instill some fear into the girl and has enough of a firm hand to do so, so she is likely to help resolve the situation as well. Unless Garment and Joe somehow get into conflict about 'what' the issue is: while for Joe trespassing will be an issue, Garment no doubt will be focused on terrible outfit...

P.S. I partially expect Garment to actually out herself as 'part of Apeiron's team' once she meets protectorate if only to get rid of the heroes and annoying arguments (and if she does that Protectorate will likely get a PR hit).

Last edited:
Back