To speculate, I think the normal first-date sort of topics every new couple sample: Etruscan art, thoughts on the morality of execution of the guilty in the absence of the possibility of an open-court trial for the crime, the intricacies of Akkadian dialects and their use as a 'scholar's tongue' in the Bronze Age Mesopotamia, the nature of the soul and its relation to memory and identity, and what flavor of ice cream to have for dessert. You know, the usual light topics.

Writing is happening.

Preview!

+++

The featureless white thread of the Angel sizzled through the air like a snake, wriggling and twisting through the air with a hissing sound of AT-Fields shoving gravity aside. It's 'nose' twitched back and forth between Unit-02 and -03 for a half-second before diving towards the closer black Eva.

Kaworu brought the Progressive Glaive up to a guard position and fought down the urge to throw up his own AT-Field, incomparably stronger than the relatively meager one Unit-03 was managing with his deliberately throttled Synch Rate. His skin itched with the need to put up that impassable barrier, but the knowledge that doing so would be completely impossible to hide from NERV's sensors held him fast. He braced himself, the ultrasonic hum of the Progressive Glaive's blade a faint background sensation relayed through the Eva's hands.

He had barely a second to prepare in any case. The Angel streaked towards him like lightning, the unearthly keen of it's Song screaming louder and louder in his ears as it closed the gap. It struck Unit-03's AT-Field like a javelin through paper, tearing a hole like it wasn't even there and spearing for Unit-03's gut...

Just in time for my power to come back on from that damn hurricane knocking it out. Splendid :)

)
Those are numbers, not odds of success. Even on the low end, that's still roughly a million demons for every pilot. High end is nearly three times that.
The saying we got the enemy right where we want him (while being surrounded) and my qoute came from Marine General Chesty Puller, except it had to do with Marines and communists.

Back