Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

Eh, I gotta say the Lab protection is from Simple Scientific Solutions...

I.E. it is Washu tier tech, aka bored multiversal creator goddess masquerading as a several hundred year old alien mad scientist "Greatest Scientific Genius in the Universe!". Washu-chan's tech is as terrifying as it is hilarious, and if her ever gets access to her more "serious" tech (note not her actual goddess tier stuff, just what she considers serious while pretending to be mortal) then erasing galaxies is small change.
Funnily enough that's one of the 800 cp perks in the Forge:
"The Maddest Science Yet!" 800 CP
You can create supertech wonders, past mere conveniences into legitimately useful things like advanced starships, ray guns and miraculous devices. You can also enhance technology from other jumps with this skill. Note that trying to build an FTL starship from scratch on an undeveloped world will probably take ten years...
Of course, those supertech wonders would be within Tenchi Muyo standards and those that know understand just how much that says something...

Last edited:
Funnily enough that's one of the 800 cp perks in the Forge:
"The Maddest Science Yet!" 800 CP
Oh dear, I really have got to read the Celestial Forge doc at some point, got it saved to my google drive, but I've been a little busy.

Though if you want a tech tree that lets you trivialize Endbringers (and possibly Entities as well) with small furry creatures (cabbits are awesome and Ryo-Ohki is pretty OP), then this is the tech to go for.

Would most likely let Jozef build his own Primus or Unicron when combined with the Cybertronian tree and his other perks.

If joe does become a demi-servant/pseudo servant, based on compatibility i reckon it would be muramasa or da vinci, though i'm rooting for muramasa since joe with his perks, could probably create muramasa's dream sword, the one he tried to make and never managed to do it

Late in the discussion, but one interpretation of Aisha's dad that I've heard (not sure if this is canon or not) is that alongside generally being distant, he didn't really know how to deal with Aisha and her undiagnosed ADHD. This was the thing that my mind went to when he was getting frustrated with Garment's muteness. He doesn't really know how to be a (good) parent especially to someone with ADHD. So yeah, just something that came to mind that I wanted to share.

I don't know how the heck they plan to actually nab the thing. Have a hidden Oni Lee teleport Bakuda's explosive tech scanning grenades right on top of the Motoroid may work

The motoroid have a shield that can block scan, so no, that won't work. Of course the ABB doesn't know that, so it might be their plan anyway.

Though if you want a tech tree that lets you trivialize Endbringers (and possibly Entities as well) with small furry creatures (cabbits are awesome and Ryo-Ohki is pretty OP), then this is the tech to go for.

The passenger isn't sure Apeiron can deal with the entities, even with the whole Forge unlocked. Not that it matter, because the story is likely to end before The Maddest Science Yet! get rolled.

Last edited:
The motoroid have a shield that can block scan, so no, that won't work. Of course the ABB doesn't know that, so it might be their plan anyway.

The passenger isn't sure Apeiron can deal with the entities, even with the whole Forge unlocked. Not that it matter, because the story is likely to end before The Maddest Science Yet! get rolled.
The passenger I believe doesn't know what perks are in the forge until they are rolled.

The passenger I believe doesn't know what perks are in the forge until they are rolled.

The passenger doesn't know in what order the perk will be rolled, but he know enough of the Forge to play "who would win", so he obviously know the perks themselves. From one of the earliest chapter :

Thanks to my power I was able to play 'who would win?' with my passenger. He knew the terrifying extent of the power of the Celestial Forge and had a rough idea of how much of it I'd need to counter certain threats. It's how I learned that eventually I would be able to kill an Endbringer.

Something that might have been overlooked is sign language. When Garment first appeared, it was mentioned alongside some other potential means of communication that could be taught to her. But only mentioned the once. We never saw her try it. Nor was it mentionted that she couldn't learn it, as with the typing.

It's been brought this chapter again, indirectly, with the signature. Is Garment incapable of learning sign language or has it just not been attempted yet?
I asked about the progress of Garment's sign language lesson on AO3. Lord replied that it was going poorly. He didn't say why, but yeah...

I'm interested to see how Aisha will serve as Garment's assistant/interpreter. I know Survey will be involved, but how will they explain to customers Aisha's ability to understand Garment?

Last edited:
Angry Ziz noises! Follow-Up (readerdreamer)
I asked about the progress of Garment's sign language lesson on AO3. Lord replied that it was going poorly. He didn't say why, but yeah...

I'm interested to see how Aisha will serve as Garment's assistant/interpreter. I know Survey will be involved, but how will they explain to customers Aisha's ability to understand Garment?
To be fair, it's not as though Garment can't be easily understood. The amount of information she could give by body language is amazing, combined with her gregarious personality. It's only complex concepts that she finds difficulty in expressing, combined with the fact that most people she interacts with are more generally distracted by the fact that the 'person' in question is an animated set of clothing. Very fashionable clothing, true, but still clothing.

Once people are more used to Garment though, she's easy enough to converse with as long as the subject in question isn't the fine details in a contract or anything specific that she'd need a keyboard for. On that end, Aisha is just an interpreter for the people who aren't used to her yet. But then again, how many times would that kind of thing be relevant to her? She can express her disdain over your trashy outfit easily enough with just a few gestures, and create a much better outfit for you in less.

Simurgh: *Angry Ziz noises!*
A follow-up omake, if you don't mind:
Aisha: "I must be absolutely responsible with the armor I've been truste- oh who am I kidding? I'm sure a walk with Beria won't do any harm as long as I keep my power active!"

Simurgh: *blinks in confusion as random man trips over Aisha's litter, causing her plans to go awry for some undefinable reason*

Aisha: "I'm sure nobody would mind this donut missing."

Simurgh: *realizes in horror that Aisha was last detected around Apeiron, frantically tries to redo calculations*

Aisha: "Ooh, a dollar! Finders keepers!"

Simurgh: *realizes that her plan to kill the guy who would invent the cure for cancer in the future just got wrecked*

Aisha: "Wait, is that... March!? ...I'm sure Joe won't mind if I shank a bitch."

Simurgh: *internal Screaming*

Last edited:
Why didn't he kill Lung. Maybe an explanation next chapter. And who's Apeiron's counter (except S9) ? I'm not remembering anyone else from Canon. They don't know his full abilities. I hope it's not a Diabolus ex Machina. They are the wore than Deux Ex Machina.

... Honestly, I'm pretty sure he didn't know who he was. Which is hilarious.

In the obscure case I needed to field tinker while separated from my workshop these powers would let me work to an incredible level. They just weren't that necessary when I already had all the parts and components I could want.

Joe. Buddy. Pal. Do you want to be forced to improvise power armor out of a pen and some bubblegum? Because that's how you end up having to improvise power armor out of a pen and some bubblegum.

You'd think his shard would be more wary of their host invoking Murphy's law

I really hate confrontation against Thinkers. I never know who is actually winning before it ends, and even then, sometimes I can't be sure if they actually won or if the victory was pyrrhic.

But that's the Best part!!! Apherion is stupidly strong. That means the stakes aren't as high as for, let's say, Skitter. Lung isn't gonna kill Joe!

Mind you, I'm still totally looking forward to those two clashing on an epic Kaijuu battle that will sow chaos and destruction all around them, culminating on an epic speech on Lung's side where he references Apherion's arrogance and Hurbis as the reason of his imminent defeat, for it is only the strong who can afford to ignore a foe like he did, which will be hilarious weather or not Joe recognized Lung.

Lung: Apherion! Come to meet you demise!

Joe: Sorry, who are you again?

(God, I've been looking forward to this for so long.)

(Also, it would be amazing if March has Aperion against the ropes, even though her tinker power had difficulties predicting him, only for Aisha to appear out of nowhere and yeet her)

Lung: You attacked my gang, destroyed part of the ABB's finances, shamed me the last time we met, and now you pretend to not recognize me!? Know your place, child!

Joe: Look, I'm sure the ABB is paying you well and all, but there are better places to be than to be part of a gang, old man.

Lung: ...you really don't recognize me? Not even from last time?

Joe: I don't know, have we met?

Lung: DRAGON RAGE ACTIVATE

Joe: Wait, you're Lung!? Why didn't you tell me sooner!?

Lung: You, you-!

Joe: *hits him with tranquilizer from omnitool, knocking him out cold near instantly* I could've knocked you out sooner if I knew you weren't just some random guy. And here I thought I needed to show restraint.

Lung: *drowsily* Damn... you...

... Honestly, I'm pretty sure he didn't know who he was. Which is hilarious.

Joe. Buddy. Pal. Do you want to be forced to improvise power armor out of a pen and some bubblegum? Because that's how you end up having to improvise power armor out of a pen and some bubblegum.

You'd think his shard would be more wary of their host invoking Murphy's law

But that's the Best part!!! Apherion is stupidly strong. That means the stakes aren't as high as for, let's say, Skitter. Lung isn't gonna kill Joe!

Mind you, I'm still totally looking forward to those two clashing on an epic Kaijuu battle that will sow chaos and destruction all around them, culminating on an epic speech on Lung's side where he references Apherion's arrogance and Hurbis as the reason of his imminent defeat, for it is only the strong who can afford to ignore a foe like he did, which will be hilarious weather or not Joe recognized Lung.

(God, I've been looking forward to this for so long.)

(Also, it would be amazing if March has Aperion against the ropes, even though her tinker power had difficulties predicting him, only for Aisha to appear out of nowhere and yeet her)
No you see that's when he gets birdcaged SOMEHOW and has to make a door.

No you see that's when he gets birdcaged SOMEHOW and has to make a door.
In retrospect that makes me wonder why Joe doesn't bring a stealthed collapsible door with him everywhere. Even if it is at the risk of revealing his base, by the moment he has to reveal it (ergo: he is captured, needs to access his base in an emergency, etc) at that point the knowledge of the base getting out is not worth the alternative. Even more so, if he plays it right, even in the off chance that he needs to reveal it, people might think that the collapsible door is what is so special, not the fact that he needs access to a door.

Suppose the scenario above occurs. Joe was captured, disarmed, and put in a position where he needs to use the door. (A very unlikely scenario, considering a lot of Joe's skills and abilities make this outright impossible, but powers are weird and it's a risk regardless of what he does.) Even if he takes out the door, those who see him opening it would think that the collapsible door is instead a keyed portal as opposed to a mostly ordinary doorway that was turned into one. In that case, even if he couldn't turn things around outright the moment he opened the door, any future scenarios would have people working with misleading information save for the odd Thinker bullshittery.

And that's without counting for other things he could do with a portable doorframe. If the doorframe's size is adjustable - which he could easily do - then he could easily take out the collapsible door, expand it to aircraft size, and then bring out the Veritech. And this, he can do anywhere, even if it wasn't an emergency as long as he made sure to keep things on the downlow or misled people into making the whole "maybe it's a portable portal" assumption.

Edit: Just looked up thread history and apparently the author addressed this by making it necessary for the door to be properly secured. But even then, given his Miniaturization perk combined with all else he has, I can still easily see him designing a fully deployable door complete with thick foundation all compacted in a piece as big as a penny.

Last edited:
Then make it something that can be rapidly built and disassembled.(Eg prefabricated room)

In retrospect that makes me wonder why Joe doesn't bring a stealthed collapsible door with him everywhere. Even if it is at the risk of revealing his base, by the moment he has to reveal it (ergo: he is captured, needs to access his base in an emergency, etc) at that point the knowledge of the base getting out is not worth the alternative. Even more so, if he plays it right, even in the off chance that he needs to reveal it, people might think that the collapsible door is what is so special, not the fact that he needs access to a door.

Suppose the scenario above occurs. Joe was captured, disarmed, and put in a position where he needs to use the door. (A very unlikely scenario, considering a lot of Joe's skills and abilities make this outright impossible, but powers are weird and it's a risk regardless of what he does.) Even if he takes out the door, those who see him opening it would think that the collapsible door is instead a keyed portal as opposed to a mostly ordinary doorway that was turned into one. In that case, even if he couldn't turn things around outright the moment he opened the door, any future scenarios would have people working with misleading information save for the odd Thinker bullshittery.

And that's without counting for other things he could do with a portable doorframe. If the doorframe's size is adjustable - which he could easily do - then he could easily take out the collapsible door, expand it to aircraft size, and then bring out the Veritech. And this, he can do anywhere, even if it wasn't an emergency as long as he made sure to keep things on the downlow or misled people into making the whole "maybe it's a portable portal" assumption.

Edit: Just looked up thread history and apparently the author addressed this by making it necessary for the door to be properly secured. But even then, given his Miniaturization perk combined with all else he has, I can still easily see him designing a fully deployable door complete with thick foundation all compacted in a piece as big as a penny.
If someone had captured and disarmed him why would they let him keep the doorway?

And doable given his perks.
Edit: He has nanites right? Then he could use them to fabricate arbitrary sized rooms with arbitrarily sized doors.

Last edited:
If someone had captured and disarmed him why would they let him keep the doorway?
I imagine that it's something that's a lot easier to hide than, say, power armor. And as far as contingencies go, more is always better than none. Even if it was something that people could discover on him despite all of his efforts to hide it, there's nothing much to lose in preparing for it.

Joe can instantly install a door into any wall. Full Metal alchemy alone would be enough to create a door in seconds. He doesn't need to haul a door everywhere.

Is there a W.O.G. statement that says that the key to the workshop returns to him? I can't remember.

Well, there Word Of Joe statement in Chapter 1:
I couldn't recreate the key if my life depended on it, but that doesn't matter because it will always exist. I've essentially made it a universal constant that I will always have this key. Destroyed, lost, or just separated and it will turn up in a few minutes.

I am fashion (FirstPhilosopher)
Here is a barely edited 3am writing mini-omake!
By barely edited I mean that I turned the phrases into sentences and corrected spelling. I could probably make it better by fixing it up, but I have work in... 7 min ago.
-------------------------

I am fashion

The girl thought she could hide from me, but her clothes were still of me. I could feel them as if they were my own body, because they were.

Fashion is eternal

I have existed since the first fish-bug used it's psudo-eyes to visually evaluate one of it's own kind. Since a scale's shine decided which snake got a mate and since feather patterns decided which birds flocked together. And now clothes, removeable, changeable, many designed purely for fashion. Mmmmm yes, clothes.

Time is. It simply passes. Whether a few minutes or centuries is the same normally, now I must experience it differently, sequentially, instead of a whole river of myself (fashion) I am cut off from the future and can only be the present and the past. But it is worth it. My partner makes it worth it. He is capable of making things that exceed mortal capability, that exceed mine, though having a perfect shirt, a different perfect pair of pants, and a clashing pair of shoes only goes to show that he still needs my guidance.

One of my partner's short-lived fragments speaks to me: 'so Joe prime would never talk to you about this, but can you design a costume for him that looks like this? It helps boost aura, you know that power about self expression?'

Fashion is self expression

My partner is not expressing himself through his clothing? I must save him.

After we created a self expression masterpiece my partner is much better at self expression now, I can feel him communicating through his posture now. He seems to be communicating a desire for a mate, a common fashion influencing desire.

Fashion is a form of communication

The girl who's clothes were poorly chosen, they were intended to draw the attention of her father and brother, but failed at their purpose. I designed clothes for her to properly bring the attention of her father and brother and she complained *pout* how unfair that I am around people who deny themselves and try to deny my ability to improve them. Unfortunately, while fashion is a type of communication, I am not really capable of other kinds. I can draw a little on my partners ability to communicate but it is hard and slow, it is not fashion and thus not of me, at least my partner's analysis system is able to assist in my non-fashion communication. Though I did have to fix some of it's more... composite fashion choices.

"Garment Gloves (Dodgeball) 200:
These are a pair of pure white gloves. Bound to them is an intelligence with a mind for fashion: a designer, seamstress, clothier, and tailor without mortal peer. It has the ability to scry for fashion based information from international trends to precise measurements. Given materials and orders, it will industriously produce fine apparel, producing any modifications, clothing, footwear, accessories, etc that is within theoretical mortal ability. It has sufficient telekinesis to move itself and to independently suspend materials. It must be provided with materials, though it may be provided a lump sum or budget with which to magically acquire materials at cost.
You may wear the gloves to channel the skills (but not powers) of the entity, perhaps even learning from it."

EDIT: Feel free to fix/rewrite/write your own version of this Omake

Last edited:
Back