Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

I'm curious to see if Joe can get Armsmaster's power since that is part of the size constellation and if it will react in any way to the same power in a shard.

Edit:

Why is there a count down of 11min where normaly it'd say when it was posted on this post? 😲

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the time the MC would release Garment on the Bet populace someday in the future.
Build a gesture or body language translator for Garment, add mini speaker and voice synthetizer, and see Garment tear down that most popular PR guy on worm fanfic - campbell, chamber, or something - in public verbal duel. Over his clothing choice, of course.
She can also mocks various capes costume and show live demonstration of what she would make if she was the one designing their cape costume.

Would the Author do something about Accord plotline, though? just the thought of the MC made a super stylish makeover for Accord and his ambassador, along with overhauling his building - with added hidden backdoor for his own use - sounds very fun.

Making Accord pay a very steep price for everything he ordered would be an easy way to get a lot of exotic resources.

I've got a basic document for Celestial Forge Revised. I added some stuff but I know that I should divide it better in order to make it more accessible as well as transcribe stuff. Still, there's a lot of new perks and items for this. Here it is.

Celestial Forge Revised
It's set up to be editable for anyone. Should we be adding stuff? If so, what should the standard be?

For instance, should we include relevant perks & items even if there are already dozens (or hundreds) just like them on the lists and they don't stand out in any particular way? Even if we wouldn't want them for our own Jumper's crafting build?

Should we include perks & items that we consider important to a Jumper's crafting build even if they don't fit any available category? For instance, I'd add a "Safety" category, for ensuring that your AIs don't betray you, your tech isn't reverse engineered, weapons you build or invent aren't used against you, you don't accidentally kill yourself in the lab, etc.

How broadly should we interpret some of those categories? For instance, "Magic" includes a lot of perks & items that have basically nothing to do with crafting.

Et cetera

Last edited:
It's set up to be editable for anyone. Should we be adding stuff? If so, what should the standard be?
I'm fine with anyone adding suggestions. If the author of this story or anyone who has proven themselves to be trustworthy wants to have direct editing permissions, I'll allow it. The standard is that it's from JumpChain and that it is relevant to crafting.

For instance, should we include relevant perks & items even if there are already dozens (or hundreds) just like them on the lists and they don't stand out in any particular way? Even if we wouldn't want them for our own Jumper's crafting build?
I think that's a fair point, but I've always interpreted samey perks and items as always building up on each other but I agree that it could be a waste of CP. I agree that I've added many that would be unwieldy for a JumpChain, but overall, I've viewed this document as inspiration for future authors who might want to do a version of Brockton Bay's Celestial Forge. I admit that's a flawed view but I hope through the process of collaboration with people interested in this fascinating story that I do better and this document becomes something useful for all.

Should we include perks & items that we consider important to a Jumper's crafting build even if they don't fit any available category? For instance, I'd add a "Safety" category, for ensuring that your AIs don't betray you, your tech isn't reverse engineered, weapons you build or invent aren't used against you, you don't accidentally kill yourself in the lab, etc.
I'd probably likely include those in the 'Crafting' area, but yes. I think we need to expand the categories so that we don't overinflate them. I admit overdoing it with the toolkits, which is why I plan on correcting them, adding new categories and accepting new suggestions for categories. I'll also add brief blurbs so everyone knows what to add as well.

How broadly should we interpret some of those categories? For instance, "Magic" includes a lot of perks & items that have basically nothing to do with crafting.
I admit that these categories are very broad and that even I have taken advantage of that. The original author interpreted magic to be enchanting and making magical items, but I understand that there are a variety of magical perks that aid in crafting. You can ask this in-thread, add a comment on one of the categories or just message me.

Last edited:
I wonder how much of March's failure in Dennis's Interlude was due to Apeiron's interference.

She couldn't have predicted the entire fight, only the parts between him getting new powers, so the broadcast was similarly unpredicted. The broadcast caused SS to run out and Flechette to be sent after her, and also messed with the Wards' patrol schedules, causing March to miss her target and... well, I can't really say "get almost defeated", Oni Lee was watching her back, but at least she was in some actual danger here.

I've got a basic document for Celestial Forge Revised. I added some stuff but I know that I should divide it better in order to make it more accessible as well as transcribe stuff. Still, there's a lot of new perks and items for this. Here it is.

Celestial Forge Revised

That's fantastic! Just some notes I wanted to add a bit based on my experience with the Celestial Forge.

Some of the current perks are badly outdated to the point where in the document the names have changed or they have been removed completely. For instance, both perks from XCOM 2 are not in the current jumpdoc. I had to hunt down old references to figure out what they were. Every perk in Dead Space except Infinitely Customizable has either been removed or is under a different name. Arch-Magos from 40k Redux is something of a mystery, I've had to guess at the perk and jump since I can't track down any reference or copy. I Can Fix It! from Reborn (assuming it means Katekyou Hitman Reborn) is completely missing and I can't find any reference to it. There are a lot of minor changes in the Transformers jump including names of perks. The Mass Effect jump was hard to find and there should probably be some clarity about how to get the omni-tool from class equipment. There are probably more, but those are the ones that I could name off the top of my head.

With regards to new perks and items my advice would be to consider if the ability is duplicated somewhere else in the list. When you're actually working through the list creates a lot of overlap. I think at last count there were more than a dozen perks in this story with some flavor of "You are better at mechanical work". A master list of all crafting perks would be nice, but for something like the Celestial Forge it's probably best to pick the best example of various similar perks to prevent too much redundancy.

That said this is incredible and it's great to see what people are adding to the list. I can't wait to see how this develops.

That's fantastic! Just some notes I wanted to add a bit based on my experience with the Celestial Forge.

Arch-Magos from 40k Redux is something of a mystery, I've had to guess at the perk and jump since I can't track down any reference or copy.
Found it I think looks like the jump name is wrong.
The name is Warhammer 40,000 Jump: The Imperium JumpChain

I'm very glad that you think it's good to do this.

Some of the current perks are badly outdated to the point where in the document the names have changed or they have been removed completely. For instance, both perks from XCOM 2 are not in the current jumpdoc. I had to hunt down old references to figure out what they were. Every perk in Dead Space except Infinitely Customizable has either been removed or is under a different name. Arch-Magos from 40k Redux is something of a mystery, I've had to guess at the perk and jump since I can't track down any reference or copy. I Can Fix It! from Reborn (assuming it means Katekyou Hitman Reborn) is completely missing and I can't find any reference to it. There are a lot of minor changes in the Transformers jump including names of perks. The Mass Effect jump was hard to find and there should probably be some clarity about how to get the omni-tool from class equipment. There are probably more, but those are the ones that I could name off the top of my head.
I had a feeling that was the case, I'll look through and hopefully snipe these down, but I'm more focusing on adding new stuff and reworking it. Still, these universes are interesting and likely have techbases that are quite useful.

With regards to new perks and items my advice would be to consider if the ability is duplicated somewhere else in the list. When you're actually working through the list creates a lot of overlap. I think at last count there were more than a dozen perks in this story with some flavor of "You are better at mechanical work". A master list of all crafting perks would be nice, but for something like the Celestial Forge it's probably best to pick the best example of various similar perks to prevent too much redundancy.
I agree that there is a lot of redundancy, but my experience with JumpChain so far has been that you combine it all together to get some truly awe-inspiring stuff. I know it's probably best to pick out the best examples, but sometimes with universes with special technology, I've viewed it that getting tech perks from there allow you to build it, or at least some of it with options to research more stuff. Still, I'll try to cut down on it, I plan on hopefully adding some commentary on the various parts and how they go together like the original author did.

That said this is incredible and it's great to see what people are adding to the list. I can't wait to see how this develops.
I hope that me and others will do well on it. Do you plan on using it as well? It isn't finished but since JumpChain is always expanding, I feel like it should keep expanding as the story does. But I understand if you are hesitant towards that.

I'm actually working on a revision to the old Celestial forge as well to help with knowing what the perks and items actually are due to the fact the author of it used their own version of names on some jumps plus the difficulty of having to find the jump and all. So Im going through and removing duplicate's and adding the cp cost and the descriptions from the jumps. I also take anything that is less then 100cp and add something in to make it 100cp. this is from the weird Raildex one wich was only a "certain scientific railgun" Can't remember if I got the name right but close enough.
-Micromanipulators/vending machine (Raildex Science) (100cp) [Micromanipulators] (50cp) These delicate gloves were meant for scientific purposes. They're reinforced with small motors and electrically contracting artificial muscles to allow you to perform delicate work on the scale of a micron. While they're definately more suited to scientific experiments, they can be put to use in any situation that requires steady hands like aiming a rifle, conducting brian surgery, cooking, defusing a bomb, or even bypassing some redirection and shielding abilities. [Vending Machine] (50cp) Randomly flavored dring dispensing vending machine that no matter where it is placed produces a profit. Eats high doller bills sometimes and always dispenses at least one beverage when shaken roughly. It's a little old with loose springs but wont need repaired and is always stocked, Just watch out for the random barbacue and strawbery mixes.

PS. Spelling errors are from the jumpchain as I just copy and paste unless it's an image where I type it out.

Edit: Also changing wording sometimes as with the Example where it says "on the scale of a micron" it originally said "at 1 millionth of a meter" which was a micron.

Last edited:
Maybe you could add stuff from schlock mercenary that has a lot of cool and interesting tech. also since sadly after twenty years of work sergeant Schlock's long journey has come to a close someone should update that jump for the final time.

So are going to use the updated forge doc and if so will that delay the next chapter until it's finished or you use what we got?

Maybe you could add stuff from schlock mercenary that has a lot of cool and interesting tech. also since sadly after twenty years of work sergeant Schlock's long journey has come to a close someone should update that jump for the final time.
Someone just updated it yesterday link.
So are going to use the updated forge doc and if so will that delay the next chapter until it's finished or you use what we got?
He said he would wait till its fully finished, and didnt want to use 1.3.4v... updates like that. So I am pretty sure the next few chapters will still use the old one.

Last edited:
Honestly to me the most important thing is clarity, and it'll probably have to be refined. I recall one time Lord considered making a roller for the Celestial Forge, so I think it's important to know exactly what power you're getting and where it comes from.

Looks almost complete to me it just needs some more perks for vehicle,magic,magitech,size and other and he'll probably use it.
Honestly to me the most important thing is clarity, and it'll probably have to be refined. I recall one time Lord considered making a roller for the Celestial Forge, so I think it's important to know exactly what power you're getting and where it comes from.
It needs all the prices added in as that's what the author uses to roll his tables, in addition adding links to all the docs would be very useful so might need that too.

There are also a shit ton of perks and items still missing, I still have like 10 jumpdocs worth of stuff to go through and add.

It needs all the prices added in as that's what the author uses to roll his tables, in addition adding links to all the docs would be very useful so might need that too.

There are also a shit ton of perks and items still missing, I still have like 10 jumpdocs worth of stuff to go through and add.

IMO, It can use having at least 20 jumpdoc worth of stuff removed, rather than more added. There is still a lot of redundancy among the various perks and you don't really need a dozen ways to do various things, such as Alchemy when most of those are just minor variations on each other at best, and you could easily say with just some trial an error they could make those variations anyway.

Everything added really should be unique in someway, ideally it should be clear why it was added on it own from the text of the perk itself, but justification from in setting itself in what unique items it would grants would also be fine. I don't think it should just be another, you can craft machinery, or you can make potions. Unless you talking about you can now make lightsabers, or you can now make potions that bend the laws of reality rather then normal potions from settings. Something that is clearly new and worth noting. Your a better mechanic, as LordRoustabout noted, is only used the first time, and every other time isn't even worth mentioning other the you got another perk that lets you do the exact same thing you already can again.

I been working on my own version of Celestial Forge, using Taylor as the Main Character, which I am planning to post once I have more of it done (only 10,000 words right now) and I already found it much better to fall into author flat and outright remove perks as they are rolled, then reroll when they don't really give her anything new as far as I can tell from the document itself. Maybe there something special about Alchemy in that setting that means it worth grabbing that perk after all and I am completely missing that special about that version of Alchemy over another. But I am not researching over 200 different fictions for every single perk just to figure out what special about it.

If I can't figure out from the jumpdoc why I need even a second version of a skill that already been gained by other perks, and I don't know the fandom well enough already to answer that outside of it, I just cut it out entirely and assume that Taylor could already make what was covered under it from what she already got.

In that same vein, Taylor gets skills from the perks as I understand it from the documents as well. So if they don't make it very clear they grant something unique, from the setting that Taylor couldn't puzzle out within a few days with her other skills and a need to make such a thing, they get zapped as well.

It would be extremely nice if a setting had some rather unique item that means you would want a perk that just appears to make you better at X, but also lets you make it, that it was called out in the document directly. Both what it is, and why being able to make it fit the theme of the forge of the heavens, as with so many fandoms involved, it almost certain that most people who look at it won't know even half of them involved.

I'm actually working on a revision to the old Celestial forge as well to help with knowing what the perks and items actually are due to the fact the author of it used their own version of names on some jumps plus the difficulty of having to find the jump and all. So Im going through and removing duplicate's and adding the cp cost and the descriptions from the jumps. I also take anything that is less then 100cp and add something in to make it 100cp. this is from the weird Raildex one wich was only a "certain scientific railgun" Can't remember if I got the name right but close enough.

I am rather interested in this given I already had to do minor revisions on my own for much the same reason that LordRoustabout mentioned about his use in this story. I really feel like the Celestial forge was in need of a good polish and it would have been an amazing jump chain document on it own after it was cut down from the duplication it had in it, much like the Essential Body Modification or Personal Reality Supplement. Those two have about 100 perks each, compared to the over 300 in the Celestial forge. But for those two, I feel that each of those perks has a place and anything that is the same, but better, is just scaled so you buy a higher level rather then a different perk.

Pull something at random out of that, and it going to be unique in it own way.

Where as Celestial forge, as I am finding in my own go around, is tending more to a list of crafting skills and less a list of the Best crafting skills and items you can acquire. Pull something at random can get you gems, but it also can get you. You can do x again, and nothing more. Not even do x better or notable faster or something that might make it worth it. You just can do it again.

IMO, It can use having at least 20 jumpdoc worth of stuff removed, rather than more added. There is still a lot of redundancy among the various perks and you don't really need a dozen ways to do various things, such as Alchemy when most of those are just minor variations on each other at best, and you could easily say with just some trial an error they could make those variations anyway.

Everything added really should be unique in someway, ideally it should be clear why it was added on it own from the text of the perk itself, but justification from in setting itself in what unique items it would grants would also be fine. I don't think it should just be another, you can craft machinery, or you can make potions. Unless you talking about you can now make lightsabers, or you can now make potions that bend the laws of reality rather then normal potions from settings. Something that is clearly new and worth noting. Your a better mechanic, as LordRoustabout noted, is only used the first time, and every other time isn't even worth mentioning other the you got another perk that lets you do the exact same thing you already can again.

I been working on my own version of Celestial Forge, using Taylor as the Main Character, which I am planning to post once I have more of it done (only 10,000 words right now) and I already found it much better to fall into author flat and outright remove perks as they are rolled, then reroll when they don't really give her anything new as far as I can tell from the document itself. Maybe there something special about Alchemy in that setting that means it worth grabbing that perk after all and I am completely missing that special about that version of Alchemy over another. But I am not researching over 200 different fictions for every single perk just to figure out what special about it.

If I can't figure out from the jumpdoc why I need even a second version of a skill that already been gained by other perks, and I don't know the fandom well enough already to answer that outside of it, I just cut it out entirely and assume that Taylor could already make what was covered under it from what she already got.

In that same vein, Taylor gets skills from the perks as I understand it from the documents as well. So if they don't make it very clear they grant something unique, from the setting that Taylor couldn't puzzle out within a few days with her other skills and a need to make such a thing, they get zapped as well.

It would be extremely nice if a setting had some rather unique item that means you would want a perk that just appears to make you better at X, but also lets you make it, that it was called out in the document directly. Both what it is, and why being able to make it fit the theme of the forge of the heavens, as with so many fandoms involved, it almost certain that most people who look at it won't know even half of them involved.
I agree, I have only been adding perks which are fairly unique, either through perk wording or setting tech based. But I make sure its fairly obvious if you read the jumpdocs.

Although the perk names tend to blend of you actually read the perk text they are fairly different and unique.

Though a lot of suggested stuff has been accepted without vetting so it does need some cleaning up.

I look forward to your story too.

Last edited:
Accord trying steal Panacea's knife, as I remember. I don't think MC will work with Accord.
Panacea got a Brooch not a knife.
And it got confiscated as a potential memetic hazard, while Panacea is in Master/Stranger confinement, so I would argue it isn't really hers either.
Considering the trouble that that thing caused, albeit unintentionnaly, I think neither Panacea nor Apeiron will care in the slightest if the thing gets dissapeared. They might care because the PRT will flip out about it but not because of the item itself.
With everything that has happened they probably forgot all about it.

Last edited:
Panacea got a Brooch not a knife.
And it got confiscated as a potential memetic hazard, while Panacea is in Master/Stranger confinement, so I would argue it isn't really hers either.
Considering the trouble that that thing caused, albeit unintentionnaly, I think neither Panacea nor Apeiron will care in the slightest if the thing gets dissapeared. They might care because the PRT will flip out about it but not because of the item itself.
With everything that has happened they probably forgot all about it.
Agree with the rest but not so sure about forgetting it as MC will feel it's location changing to far away. He can keep track of all his creations after all.

Agree with the rest but not so sure about forgetting it as MC will feel it's location changing to far away. He can keep track of all his creations after all.
He'll probably notice at some point but with the trouble it caused and the fact that it's not a weapon, or anything other than an (extremely expensive) bauble really, I just don't think he'll care in the slightest.
The thing is utterly inconsequential.

Come to think of it, if Coil steals the thing during or immidiately after the last few chapters, the PRT might not even kick up much of a fuss if it goes missing. It would be an easy assumption that Lee stole it during hi visit or it got wrecked by bombs or something.
That would get disproven fast if they look but I don't think they would.
Right now they have to focus completely on the ABB seeing as they dropped the ball there completely. Looking for the brooch would take ressources they can't spare so they'll take any excuse that will let them ignore it.
By the time the crisis is over there will still be far more important things to do than to waste time on a trail gone cold.

So yeah, Apeiron will notice but he wont care and everyone else wont have time to notice so they wont care either.

Of course Coil might not steal it now, but it would be a perfect opportunity and Accord wont wait forever.

Back