Looking at our farm and Feats, we get 21 Orthstirr every year at year's end and I just wanted to note that that's great. Very solid. I wonder what the average Norseman has in terms of passive orthstirr gain...

4, but assuming we're Weaving for half of our time limit, that'll get us there.

And that assumes it isn't "Life Total of 9 motes" as opposed to "Have 9 at one time"

We have 6 right now, and I think we're experimenting with getting more before watering our plant, so I think we get to 10 for at least a little while.

My bet, honestly, is that Stage One is about preparing the Field and stocking up enough Odr to fuel further, explosive growth when you decide to Plant the Seed. It's Odr Condensation, more-or-less, where your goal is stuffing as much of your Resource in one place as possible, and the better the job you do of that, the greater your potential down the line.

I think this is generally right but that maybe having only one plant is wrong (or, well, less than ideal anyway), and the more you have the better your 'foundation' is. A farm with only a single plant is a sad farm, after all.

I think this is generally right but that maybe having only one plant is wrong (or, well, less than ideal anyway), and the more you have the better your 'foundation' is. A farm with only a single plant is a sad farm, after all.

Yeah, but that's part of the process of progressing in Realm 1 too I think, I think fully established stuff in your Field probably generates Odr automatically, as well as giving you other perks here and there. Everything you do in a given Realm probably makes you a bit better and makes the eventual Breakthrough smoother.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of the longer ones, so it might take me longer to get done.

Last edited:
My bet, honestly, is that Stage One is about preparing the Field and stocking up enough Odr to fuel further, explosive growth when you decide to Plant the Seed. It's Odr Condensation, more-or-less, where your goal is stuffing as much of your Resource in one place as possible, and the better the job you do of that, the greater your potential down the line.
so... we need to do irrigation first?
i mean, that would make sense, but still, im not sure if carving the channels for it before getting the fields ready is a good idea...
We didn't actually started farming in our soul yet, just watering the heart root with Ord, right?

Literal channel-carving would certainly make sense. A channel carved in the soil of our soul is probably a lot more durable than a thread, and more suited for the purpose of carrying liquid.

I mean, we've taken steps to mitigate that risk, if it happens anyway, I'm...

Uh, to say "Will be Cross" will be a dramatic understatement

I mean, we've taken steps to mitigate that risk, if it happens anyway, I'm...

Uh, to say "Will be Cross" will be a dramatic understatement
I mean... sort of. We kept people on the outside, but we didn't do anything much on the internal end. Of course, the QM's hint seemed to imply we didn't need to do anything other than 'be ready'... but what 'be ready' meant was unexplored.

I mean... sort of. We kept people on the outside, but we didn't do anything much on the internal end. Of course, the QM's hint seemed to imply we didn't need to do anything other than 'be ready'... but what 'be ready' meant was unexplored.

We've already tried the options we had internally and gotten a big huge "You're missing something", then when a hint was bought, we were told "Things don't hit as hard when you're ready for it." Which implies the issue is not "We're doing something wrong" but "We have to repeat the previous experiment, taking whatever steps we can to try and prevent it from happening again."

"Make extra preparations to prevent things from going that far then while having something to pull us out in advance if we can't do it ourselves" and then being told "Psyche, you needed to read my mind and derive a special technique despite me explicitly saying you're not missing a technique and now your first PC is dead." Will be... Uh, very much not good civilization.

I trust Imperial Fister not to screw us in that fashion.

We're actively trying to take in less odr (or at least keep the gate open for less time) on the inner end, that's not nothing.

Halla: By all the gods! It's all so clear now! Our true birthright, hidden away all this time! And this is only the beginning! Who knows what wonders await-
*SPLASH*
Abjorn: … You said if you didn't wake up in 30 minutes, I use the bucket, no exceptions.

Halla: By all the gods! It's all so clear now! Our true birthright, hidden away all this time! And this is only the beginning! Who knows what wonders await-
*SPLASH*
Abjorn: … You said if you didn't wake up in 30 minutes, I use the bucket, no exceptions.

I mean, the point is figuring out a method that'll work for everyone, hence why I suggested the Bucket. It's just that it would be even more effective on Halla, given her Fire Nature. Even if a bucket of water won't hurt her, it will send her flying up a tree like a soaked cat.

Hora is just old norse for whore. Which is kinda funny in retrospect as the big bad of the valley is just named The Whore, and his sons would be Whoresons. Proto-Germanic means before the collapse of The Roman Empire and Proto-Indo-European means before the bronze age collapse. OTL in the viking age it definately meant Whore around this time as both the Proto-Germanic language branch and the Proto-Indo-European language branch would be atleast a mellenia old.
It's not even just old norse. In swedish, hora is still the common word for whore.

Summer 6/Turn 1
[X] Asgeirr (Boy 1)
[X] Sigurdr (Boy 2)
[X] Eyvor (Girl)
[X] Give it to Boy 2
[X] Plan Lots Of Gifts
-[X] (Crafting) Try to make something
--[X] Forged Iron Scythe (+7 Successes Tools/Workshop)
-[X] (Shopping) Ask Abjorn to buy something for you
--[X] Go buy about 160 Fodder (we don't know a set price, but based on the price of sheep, 16 Food for 1 oz. silver is the price of meat, so he shouldn't need to spend all that much, even if this is the wrong time of year)
--[X] Take 2 Good Hens and 2 Fine Hens (total value of 1 and 1/2 oz. of silver) and 108 cloth (18 oz. of silver in value) to use to purchase these things. Definitely using the Hens first, but also exchange any remaining cloth for silver after the purchase.
-[X] (Exploration) Go on a walk through...
--[X] The unexplored parts of her own lands, probably taking Abjorn with her, and maybe other people (Stigr, Stigmar, Aki, etc. if they want to come)
-[X] (Yule) Give Halfdan's family 9 Fine Hens, 1 Fine Rooster, 2 Fine Ewes, 1 Fine Ram (Total Value: 22 and 1/2 oz silver)
-[X] (Yule) Give Aki 1 Fine Ram, 1 Decent Ox, 1 Decent Bull (probably for turning into an ox, but that's up to him), 1 Decent Cow, 1 Good Bog Iron Plow, 1 Good Bog Iron Work Knife (Total Value: 51 oz. silver if an Ox is as valuable as a bull, a little less if not)
-[X] (Yule) Give Stigr Wanderlust and 9 oz. of silver to buy himself some armor since he's gonna need it (25-27 oz of silver depending on if Wanderlust is Forged Iron),
-[X] (Sacrifice) We will sacrifice 1 Good Ram, 1 Good Ewe, and 1 Decent Ewe to Thor, and 2 Decent Roosters to Heimdall.
-[X] (Research)
--[X] Try opening our gate again to gain more odr, being prepared to shut it a lot sooner 1d6
---[X] Make sure we have Aki and Abjorn there spotting us, making sure to wake us up after 30-40 minutes (bringing a bucket of cold water, and splashing you with it if you're unresponsive to other measures), and have Hallr start closing the gate around the same time
--[X] Continue cultivating our Hearthroot as best we can 1d6
--[X] Examine the energy released during the blot ceremonies and see if there is any resonance with orthstirr or your aspects.1d6
--[X] Do more bible reading with Jerasmus 1d6
-[X] (Blackhand's Training) Try to develop old/train new hugareida tricks (Write in)
--[X] Train Kindle-Spinner 2d6 (1d6)
--[X] Train Firebomb-Strike 2d6 (1d6)
--[X] Train Ember-Winged Cloak 2d6 (1d6)
--[X] Train Campfire 2d6 (1d6)
--[X] Train Campfire Trick for cleansing poisons and diseases 4d6 (2d6)
--[X] Train Campfire Trick for warding off inimical magics of a less corporeal nature (curses, mind control, blasts of raw destruction, and so on...the idea is that the campfire's light would protect against the darkness which seems thematically on-point) 4d6 (2d6)
--[X] Train Halting Vortex 1d6 x
--[X] Train Goal-Tell 1d6 x
--[X] Train Cool-Off 1d6 x
-[X] (Training) Tricks
--[X] Train Sidestep 1d6 X
--[X] Train Magnify-Sight 1d6 X
--[X] Train Skewer-Flick 1d6 X
--[X] Train 'Mail' Armorcraft Skill-Trick 1d6 x
--[X] Train 'Sax' Weaponcraft Skill-Trick 1d6 x
--[X] Train 'Tracking' Wildcraft Skill-Trick 1d6 x
-[X] (Training) Hamr (63 successes to rank up)
--[X] Train Hamr itself 1d6 x
--[X] Train Cut 1d6 x
--[X] Train Farmwork 1d6 x
-[X] (Training) Hugr (29 successes to rank up)
--[X] Train Hugr itself 1d6 x
--[X] Train Armorcraft 1d6 (+1 Success from Sten) x
--[X] Train Barb-Tongue 1d6 X
--[X] Train Composure 1d6 x
--[X] Train Housecraft 1d6 (+1 Success from Sten) x
--[X] Train Scouting 1d6 x
--[X] Train Silver-Tongue 1d6 x
--[X] Train Wildcraft 1d6 (+1 Success from Sten) X
--[X] Train Wordplay 1d6 x
-[X] (Training) Fylgja (12 success to rank up)
--[X] Train Fylgja Itself 1d6 x
-[X] Management
--[X] (Multicraft) Make Meat-Keeping Sticks 1d6 (+7 Successes Tools/Workshop)
--[X] (Multicraft) Make Exploding Charms 1d6 (+7 Successes Tools/Workshop)
--[X] (Fields) Clear Fields 0d6 (+3 Successes from Ox)
--[X] (Fields) Seed Fields w/Fodder 23d6
--[X] (Fields) Tend Fields 11d6 (9d6 from Scythe and Plow)
--[X] (Resources) Cloth 3d6 (3d6 from Wood Axe, +4 Successes Work Knife)
--[X] Pay our taxes in cloth (-36 Cloth)
--[X] Make our Good Bull into an Ox (successes added above)
--[X] Slaughter our Basic Bull use a Meat-Keeping Sticks to preserve it (+12 Food Preserved beyond our Storage limit, -1 Meat-Keeping Sticks)
-[X] (Orthstirr Usage)
--[X] 6 Hamr
---[X] 4 Chop, 4 Defend, 4 Dodge, 4 Glima, 3 Bash, 3 Pierce, 3 Throw, 2 Cut, 2 Labor, 3 Overland (32 total)
--[X] 6 Hugr
---[X] 2 Barb-Tongue, 3 Composure, 5 Housecraft, 3 Management, 3 Scouting, 3 Silver-Tongue, 3 Strategy, 3 Tactics, 4 Wordplay, 4 Wildcraft (33 total)
--[X] 4 Fylgja
--[X] 1 First Impression
--[X] 160 free for tricks
0~0~0
Steady Rank Ups:
Magnify-Sight
Sidestep
Skewer-Flick
Barb-Tongue

Old Tricks:
(Kindle Spinner: 6, 3)4 Successes (Firebomb: 6, 6)5 Successes (EWC: 4, 4)3 Successes (Campfire: 2, 6)2 Successes
(+4 to Kindle Spinner)
(+5 to Firebomb)
(+3 to EWC)
(+2 to Campfire)
0~0~0
New Tricks
(Sickness Sear: 5, 3, 2, 3) 4 Successes. (Beaconlight: 2, 1, 4, 4) 2 Successes
"Is there a Campfire trick for curing poisons and diseases?" You poke the spirit in your head as you rock your eldest off to sleep while Abjorn handles Eyvor — Sigurdr always gets to sleep instantly while your daughter and Asgeirr require a bit more effort. Fortunately, Eyvor seems to have taken to Abjorn far more than she has you, so she swiftly slips into slumber in his arms... which is something that you do too, now that you think about it.

Hey, wait a second... You shoot a suspicious side-eye at the big lug as something occurs to you, something truly devilish. Whenever you're getting worked up about something minor, he just wraps you in his arms and you're out like a light...

You eye your husband as he gingerly lays the now-softly snoozing Eyvor to bed. That handsome mug of his hides a sneaky side, that's for sure.

Blackhand clears his throat, having dredged up some information. 'I don't know of any tricks that do both, but I can teach you the Poison Boil and Sickness Sear tricks. Which would you like to learn?'

Eyes darting to Asgeirr's sleepy face and heavy eyelids, you can't help but conjure the image of his chubby cheeks covered in pustules and sores — of him dying of some horrid sickness. In and instant, your mind is made up and you answer without a drop of doubt, "Sickness Sear."

Blackhand verbally nods. 'And the other question you've got bouncing up in here?'

Your snort inadvertently draws Asgeirr back from the brink. He blinks his big gray eyes as sleep once more escapes him. Maybe it's just your newly awoken maternal instincts talking, but the thought of some monster of the Dark Forest turning those eyes dull... To say it makes you mad would be to say that the sun makes light — a vast oversimplification. "How do I stop spiritual predators from getting at my children?"

Blackhand's heavy sigh sends a chill down your spine. 'In short, you can't. Not without Seidr.'

The scowl that darkens your face has Abjorn worriedly looking your way. "Is there nothing I can do?"

'There is one way... but it comes at significant risk to yourself.'

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for my children." The honesty in your voice surprises even yourself. You've only known them for a couple of months, yet even the prospect of receiving nid doesn't seem all that heavy a cost if it was for them...

Blackhand seems to agree. 'You are your father's daughter in more ways than one.'

"I try."

'But, to answer your question, yes. Beaconlight is its name and it does exactly like it sounds. Instead of targeting someone else, the spiritual predator instead focuses upon you.'

(Poison Boil added to Campfire Vague Tricks)
(Sickness Sear is now Rough!)
(Beaconlight added to Campfire Vague Tricks)
(Cloth: 6, 6, 1)7 Successes=28 Cloth
(+28 Cloth)
0~0~0
(Seeding Fields: 6x5, 5x3, 4x6, 3x4, 2x4, 1x1)21 Successes (Tending Fields: 6x2, 5x3, 4x2, 3x1, 2x1, 1x2)10 Successes
(Field #6 is Cleared!)
(Fields #1–6 are Seeded with Fodder!)
(Fields #1–4 are Tended!)
0~0~0
(Rooster: 1st: Fine Hen. 2nd: Good Hen. 3rd: Good Hen. 4th: Decent Rooster) (Bull: 1st: Decent Cow. 2nd: Fine Cow. 3rd: Fine Bull. 4th: Fine Bull) (Ram: 1st: Fine Ewe. 2nd: Fine Ram. 3rd: Good Ram. 4th: Good Ewe)
(+1 Fine Hen, 2 Good Hens, 1 Decent Rooster next year)
(+1 Fine Cow, 1 Decent Cow, 2 Fine Bulls next year)
(+1 Fine Ram, 1 Fine Ewe, 1 Good Ram, 1 Good Ewe next year)
0~0~0
(Meat-Keeping Sticks: 1)6 Successes (Exploding Charm: 3)8 Successes
(+3 Meat-Keeping Sticks)
(+2 Exploding Charms)
Cultivation Smile
"You remember what I told you, right?" You ask as you hand Aki and Abjorn each a bucket of ice-cold water. "Throw these on me if I don't come back in an hour."

Aki squints as he takes the bucket, but only sighs as you settle down to try this thing once again.

Closing your eyes, you find yourself back in your soulspace. With the inhale, you stoke your frami, virthing, and saemd. With the exhale, you allow them to twist together and settle around your being, in and out.

You know what comes next. You remember it like it was yesterday.

With gritted teeth and eyes screwed shut, you allow the Gate to unlatch. Odr hits you like a blow to the gut, but with your body braced and soul readied, you weather the storm with your mind still conscious.

Odr flows through the Gate like water through a crack in the stone, your senses dull yet still functional. It floods across the meadow you call your soul, leaving dark spots of well-watered dirt and healthy soil in its wake.

Again and again it flows. Again and again it leaves your soul healthier and more fertile.

Grass grows in verdant fields. Flowers bloom in colorful patches as they add their wholesome, honey-like scent to the air of your soul. Yet even as life flourishes under the floods of frenzied power, there's something missing. Something vital to a functioning ecosystem.

After who knows how long, the last drop of odr joins its brothers in the well and something clicks.

I can no longer hide you from The Enemy's Gaze, Daughter of Ash. You are now Known. Prepare yourself, for The Enemy cares little for your state of readiness.

You blink as your senses return to you. Pain blossoms in your finger and you look down to find the tip of your finger wedged in the rock. From the looks of things, you just finished carving a set of runes spelling out the name of-

'Odin.'

"What. The. Fuck." Aki's words sum things up perfectly.

(+9 Odr)
(Congratulations, you have reached the first stage of true Norse Cultivation)
(What would you like to call it?)
[ ] Saga Establishment
[ ] Write in
0~0~0
Watering the Hearthroot
As you feed a fresh droplet of water-like odr to the Hearthroot, something changes.

It grows in a burst of frenzied movement. Shooting up to a knee-high height, it spreads out its branches and fast-growing leaves as the bush takes shape in your freshly soul. The red swirls upon its leaves shine with a soft glow as they wave back and forth at a slow, sluggish pace.

A single berry forms on the end of one of the branches, ripe and ready for picking.

(-1 Odr)
0~0~0
Bible Study
"So when does this 'Jesus' fellow come into play?"

Jerasmus laughs, something you said having tickled him. "Not for a long while."

"...Oh boy." This Bible thing doesn't seem to hold a lot of useful knowledge. Are all books like this?

(+1 to Understanding the Bible)
Yule (Hamingja: 6x4, 5x4, 4x2, 3x3) 21 Successes. You just barely got the Superior result
The year, by the reckoning of the followers of Christ, is 8975 AD and you, Halla Longstride, have just turned seventeen.

Sparks rise into the sky as your husband throws another tree onto the fire. Clapping his hands clean of splinters, he hefts his niece, Drifa, on his shoulder. She laughs, utterly delighted as Abjorn parades her around the Yule blot.

Asva's cooking fills the air with a delectable plethora of smells both mundane and heavenly. The scent of honey-roasted mutton turns your mouth into a waterfall, but you manage to restrain yourself from tearing the divine sacrifices asunder — it's not quite time to partake in them just yet.

Friends and family stand gathered under an ancient oak tree as its leaves begin to grow anew upon its branches. All of your friends are here and all of your nearest kin stand close by. Steinarr entreats the young ones to tales of past glories while using his orthstirr as props and puppets. Bemused, you watch as one puppet recites a clever line before tearing off another's head, much to the delight of the laughing children.

As you pass by the laughing children, you notice Aki and his father, Runar, standing off by themselves — a cup of some kind of alcohol in the hand of the shabby-dressed man. Runar has a short beard and a pair of tired eyes that once shined bright with pride. His body, though strong, has seen far more than its fair share of hard work and time has had its way.

"Halla Longstride," you say while offering him your hand. After a moment's hesitation, he takes it with a firm farmer's grip. "I'm Aki's friend."

"Runar," he doesn't give his father's name or any kenning, but he seems well aware of that fact. "I'm Aki's father."

You snort at the light sass. Like father like son, as they say.

Your voice drops to a whisper as you slip a length of wood carved with runes into his hand. "I know you've come into some hard times and I'm offering you this as a Yule gift."

Runar's eyes grow larger and larger as he silently reads the offering. "I..." He shakes his head, awe shining in his slowly-brightening gaze, "I don't know what to say. This..."

You wink and crack a grin. "A thank you will do nicely."

He's quick to respond, raising his drink high above his head as he shouts out your praises. The nearby guests are quick to join in, though they know not the reason for it.

Aki looks shocked to the core, his words failing once more as you turn and walk away in search of your next target.

Jokes flow like water and an impromptu wrestling competition has sprung up between some men — their women gossiping like eager birds. You watch as Sten takes on both Stigr and Stigmar and triumphs over the brothers two. However, when Stigulf enters the arena, Sten finds his match in the form of the older berserk.

With a clever bit of footwork and a twisting hip, Snowbeard puts Iskearauta on the ground. Laughing, the older man offers the younger his hand, which Sten takes with an uncharacteristically blood-pumped grin. They clasp arms and a fast friendship is forged, much to the delight of the cheering crowd.

As the crowd does as it does best, you notice Stigr standing off to the side. He's silently nursing the light bruise on his hip. A bruise that, had he your gift, he might not have had.

You wave a hand as you swagger up to your best friend. "Hey-a, Stigr!"

"Ah, hey, Halla!" He's as happy to see you as you are him.

With a theatrical and ultimately pointless snap of your fingers, you call forth your fylgja and dunk your hand deep into its feathers. Stigr eyes you with an arched brow, mind racing to find some joke to make that isn't crude in nature. He fails as you reveal the first part of your gift, the leather-sheathed sword called Wanderlust.

A wry grin spreads across his face as his paltry self-control is washed away in the wanton tide of untoward jokes. Fortunately, he picks perhaps the most clean of the lot, "Well, I suppose that's not the first place you've stashed Abjorn's sword, or perhaps his sax?"

Your grin spreads as you eye your husband from across the way. "He's more an atgeir, really."

He winces, planting his face in his hands. "And that's more then I needed to know."

You roll your eyes. "You brought it up."

"I've since changed my mind."

You share a heartfelt laugh with Stigr. Wiping a tear from your eye, you extend the sword handle-first. "Anyways, this is Wanderlust. I think it a fitting gift for you, both in name and function." As he takes the hilt, you slip in a small sack of coins alongside it. "And here, some silver for armor."

For once in his life, Stigr finds himself lacking in word choice. He stands there frozen, sword in one hand, silver in the other. Laughing, you pat him on the shoulder before wandering off in search of the third and final of your victims.

Except, this time, you're found lacking.

Halfdan nods towards you as you make your way through the party. He's keeping an eye on Asva and Jordan, making sure nothing untoward happens should they decide to go sneak off together.

"I suppose that it's my turn to be left flabbergasted?" He asks with an arching brow and a side-eye glance. With the wind snatched from your sails, you're left with a slump in your shoulders and a shrugged 'yeah'.

Fishing the piece of wood from your pocket, you offer it to him with a small, subdued smile. He takes it and reads it over with pursed lips. He nods, tucking it away into a fold of his clothes. "This is a good gift, thank you."

Though his reaction is less visceral than you'd hoped, his thanks are no less heartfelt.

"Ah," a deep, joy-filled voice gleefully exclaims as it emerges from beside you, "are we giving gifts? Allow me to join in!"

Turning, you come face to face with someone who looks disturbingly familiar. With hair the same red fire as yours and eyes like glistening steel, the bearded man smiles with a jolly grin. With one iron-clad hand he loosens his belt and the other he chows down on a honey-slathered sheep leg.

Even as the man happily devours the offerings of the feast, something seems... different yet familiar all the same, like returning to your home after a long raid. He's family without a doubt, no one else could have hair like fire and eyes like steel.

With one big chomp, he pulls all the meat from the bone and swallows the bite in a single swallow. Tossing the bone aside, he rubs his hands together as he then moves and extends a hand to you.

You take it almost absent-mindedly as you're struck by a wave of power. Sheer, raw potential rolls off the man in unrelenting waves of electric might. It's like being in the center of a thunderstorm, with all that entails.

It's only then that you notice the hammer hanging from his belt. It's only then that it all clicks into place.

"Thor," you surprise even yourself as you beat the Thunderer to the punch. His grip is surprisingly gentle for belonging to the strongest of all Gods. But then again, he'd be a poor protector if he harmed his charges.

The God grins as he returns the favor, "Halla!"

Thor draws his hammer, a statement that would typically be immediately followed by acts of truly incredible violence. In this case, however, it is merely the prelude towards him laying it across your joined hands.

"I came here for two reasons," he remarks as power flows from him, through the hammer, and into you, "the first is a congratulations on your recent motherhood." He nods his respect, a gleam in his eye before his face suddenly turns deadly serious. "The second is to deliver a warning."

"A warning?" Your spine straightens as fear grips your heart. If it has Thor worried, then it must be bad...

"Of a probing attack from The Enemy, to ascertain your power," he squints at the tree line, "unfortunately for its plans," a broad, tooth-filled smile forms on his face, "I don't take very kindly to my day being interrupted, not by the likes of it."

As he releases your hand and twirls his hammer through the air, you notice that time seems to have stopped around you. Or, more specifically, it's as if it's at a Standstill.

He winks as he waves goodbye, disappearing in a flash of multicolored, rainbow light.

Halfdan coughs as the flow of time resumes.

"As I was saying," he says as he nods respectfully, "thank you for the gift."

"No... No problem," your words sound hollow to your hears, something that Halfdan fails to miss.

He frowns. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, yes... It's fine." You try a grin as thunder begins to ring out from the eastern sky. "It's just that it feels like... like I had a brush with the divine."

(+16 Orthstirr)
(Muna: A Brush With the Divine upgrades your Standstill Hugareida!)
(A Blessing of Fertility has been placed upon you! This grants you an extra 3d6 dice for baby-making until your next child!)
0~0~0
Exploring the woods! (Hamingja: 6x2, 5x1, 4x3, 3x4, 1x3)10 Successes
Hand-in-hand with Abjorn at your side, you walk through the woods in your land. Over the course of these ventures, you come across a section of somewhat notable trees.

These trees have golden leaves and are arranged in a circle of nine. This seems notable, so you decide to return later.

0~0~0
(Crafting: 6x4, 5x3, 4x2, 2x1, 1x1)21 Successes
Your hammer rings with joy as you forge another work of art.

Holding the scythe of Superior, Forged Iron quality up to the light, you smile as the sun dances across its razor-sharp edge.

(+1 Superior Forged Iron Scythe added to Inventory)
(+1 to Born With Hammer in Hand)
0~0~0
Personal (Pick 2/3, if no Exploration is picked):
[ ] (Empty Sack) ...Maybe you should try stuffing that empty sack full of straw? (Costs 6 Fodder)
[ ] (Violent) Pick a fight or spar with... (Sparring with people reveals a summery of their character sheets)
-[ ] Spar with Abjorn, your husband
-[ ] Spar with Gabriel, without armor
--[ ] (Optional) With armor
-[ ] Spar with Stigmar
-[ ] Spar with Stigr
-[ ] Spar with Aki
-[ ] Someone else (Write in)
[ ] (Personal) Spend time with... (Write in)
[ ] (Shopping) Ask Abjorn to buy something for you (Write in) (Can only be used to buy or sell things you are already aware of and cannot haggle)
[ ] (Crafting) Try to make something (Write in) (Hugr+Some kind of crafting skill)
-[ ] (Optional) Focus on repairing something (Write in)
[ ] (Poetry) Try to realize an Inspiration (Write in one of your Inspirations)
0~0~0
Exploration/Travel (Pick 1 or none):
[ ] (Visit) Go visit...
-[ ] The Witch! (Actually, it's probably a good idea to avoid her entirely)
-[ ] Asvir!
-[ ] Steinby, your Father's Farm
-[ ] Vidby, Vidar's Farm
-[ ] Kerby, Stigr's Farm
-[ ] Buriby, Osborn's Farm (Has a guaranteed chance of ending in a fight)
-[ ] Glebby, Sverre's Farm
-[ ] Runby, Aki's Farm
-[ ] Horrby, Horra's Farm (Has a very good chance of ending in a fight)
--[ ] Rather than visiting normally, you instead stealthily approach and try to scout it out.
-[ ] Halfdanby, Halfdan's Farm
[ ] (Exploration) Go on a walk through...
-[ ] The fields!
-[ ] The Hading!
--[ ] (Optional) Try to find those bandits you heard about
-[ ] The hills!
0~0~0
Training: You have 28d6 training dice to spend as you see fit.
[ ] (Research) Try to figure out how things work (Write in)
[ ] (Blackhand) Try to develop old/train new hugareida tricks (Write in)
[ ] (Steinarr's Training) Ask Steinarr to teach you a trick/some tricks (Write in)
[ ] (Training) Hamr (62 successes to rank up)
-[ ] (Optional) Train a hamr skill or trick (Write in)
[ ] (Training) Hugr (28 successes to rank up)
-[ ] (Optional) Train a hugr skill or trick (Write in)
[ ] (Training) Fylgja (11 successes to rank up)
-[ ] (Optional) Train a fylgja skill or trick (Write in)
0~0~0
Orthstirr Available: 279
How do you want to use your orthstirr? You can turn on passive tricks here.
[ ] (Orthstirr Usage) (Write in)
0~0~0
Fylgja Capacity: 4/4
Do you want to withdraw or deposit anything in your fylgja?
[ ] Write in (Optional)
0~0~0
Equipment Management
What do you want to have equipped? Leaving this blank means that no changes are made.
[ ] Write in (Optional)
0~0~0

AN: I am 100% certain I got something wrong with the management stuff, but math is not my strong suit so please make any corrections that is needed.

A lot of stuff happened this update. Wowee. Over 4k on my end.

25-minute moratorium.

Last edited:
Fuck the hell Yes

That seems to joss my 'Post-Ragnarok Theory' though, holy shit, apparently we're descended from the Thunderer.

Holy shit, Odin and Thor making appearances. I don't even know what to do with that. I guess we try to deal with Horra soon because given all of Imperial's foreshadowing I doubt we survive the Enemy. Maybe the first attack. Maybe.

It sounds like we need animals in our soul scape. Perhaps bees specifically, they're pollinators after all?

Holy shit, Odin and Thor making appearances. I don't even know what to do with that. I guess we try to deal with Horra soon because given all of Imperial's foreshadowing I doubt we survive the Enemy. Maybe the first attack. Maybe.

It sounds like we need animals in our soul scape. Perhaps bees specifically, they're pollinators after all?
And with them, we can make Soul-Mead! Truly the beverage of choice for a discerning Norse cultivator!

Okay, so we need to figure out what the fuck we can do with the Berry.

I mean, it's a berry, you eat berries, but we also need More Stuff to Farm in our Soul. Fortunately, we now know that Odr can be cultivated safely...

Hey, @Imperial Fister , now that we've actually gotten a feel for Odr, would we be able to develop a Composure Trick to aid someone in handling that initial impact?

And also, how does cultivating it work? Is it just once per turn? What do we need to spend to do so?

Further question! Wasn't the whole thing about Hugareida that they double in power every level? So at level 3, we should be getting 4 dice in Standstill, right?

Are there any other Useful Possibilities opened up there? A Rank III Hugareida feels to me like it's reached a turning point in some respects, you're no longer an initiate in that field, but a genuine adept.

(That being said, now that I think about it.. The Hamr Contest involved with Contested-Movement, that's improved by our Standstill Bonus, isn't it?)

Last edited:
Back