Well. That's, uh, ominous to say the least. Still, we go where the food is.

[X] Start sorting through the options for your ship's crew
-[X] Steadiness. The ability to remain calm and keep their head. Being competent and dangerous is also good, and we may pick based on knowing people well already, but what we want is people who won't fly off the handle.

I think we want to recruit people early...we can stop by Jurgdby or something for trade goods if we have to, but we want good people.

Hmm. Just thinking about the future of European Cultivation. Feudal Cultivation will eventually decline. Kings will try to encourage statist cultivation systems with themselves as the heads. An Alchemical/Esoteric Cultivation system will emerge which has a weak cultural foundation but can easily steal from other systems.

-[X] Steadiness. The ability to remain calm and keep their head. Being competent and dangerous is also good, and we may pick based on knowing people well already, but what we want is people who won't fly off the handle.

This is why I didn't want to head to Wessex. Well, that and the probability that we'll lose Gabriel in the process.

We owe Gabriel a ride home, I think. Also, relevantly, it's where the food is. I also think Gabriel is In A Mood and may be exaggerating the dangers...not in the normal course of things, but I think he's underestimating the impact of his presence. Like, Knights are distinctive looking and him being with us should confuse them enough to make talking a possibility.

I'm worried due to Halla's Bad Feeling more than due to anything Gabriel said.

Somewhat worrying about what Gabriel said about Winchester. I don't expect him to like, betray us or anything, but his words are still grim tidings. I guess we can only pray they don't start shooting at us, because we're fucked if Winchester wants us dead, depending on how close we are.

Hey man as long as we bring Sheep with us they'll not kill us on sight.

will be disappointed if Gabriel leaves, but thats his choice, and all things end. hopefully if he does, he will still show up again

it seems Abjorn isn't coming with us to Wessex? it makes sense, but still a shame. he is nothing but steady, and his calm but imposing figure would have been great at preventing trouble

Last edited:

Yeah this write-in sounds about right.

Also @Imperial Fister, given it's not necessarily the most dramatic by itself, can we just fold the trade stuff into this?

I'm going to do my write-in now anyway, and then if we don't use it for this update, it will be ready for the next one.

[X] Go Shopping
-[X] We're looking for a full cargo or as much of our ship filled as we can with soapstones, tar, and whestones. Some of this might not be available as cheaply in Asvir as further down the coast, so see about striking agreements to buy a certain quantity from local quarries or traders, and then picking it up with the Wavedancer as we travel down the coast.
-[X] Buy up as many of the wolf pelts as we can, they should sell well, but don't accept anything more than a fair price. We're looking to sell these on, not hang them on our wall.

--[X] Look for any Norsewomen who might join your crew. It might help your expedition look less threatening, and you could use people with skills different skillsets.

[X] Go Shopping
-[X] We're looking for a full cargo or as much of our ship filled as we can with soapstones, tar, and whestones. Some of this might not be available as cheaply in Asvir as further down the coast, so see about striking agreements to buy a certain quantity from local quarries or traders, and then picking it up with the Wavedancer as we travel down the coast.
-[X] Buy up as many of the wolf pelts as we can, they should sell well, but don't accept anything more than a fair price. We're looking to sell these on, not hang them on our wall.

Possibly. Hmmm. Might need to think about other possibilities as well...

--[X] Look for any Norsewomen who might join your crew. It might help your expedition look less threatening, and you could use people with skills different skillsets.

I'm pretty sure this is futile. I'm not against the idea, I just think there aren't gonna be any around.

We're really going to need people who can keep their cool especially given what Gabriel said.

Bear in mind that we don't want the runes to be too difficult to get good and bloody in as short a time as possible, we don't want to be wasting time prepping them while our opponent actually starts fighting. Less characters is better.
This, plus also there is only a certain amount of space available to write on. Like, most examples of runes we have in real life are short and to the point. The complex language comes more into play with spoken word, not so much written. I could very well be wrong, though.
Also @Imperial Fister, given it's not necessarily the most dramatic by itself, can we just fold the trade stuff into this?
Sure, that works for me!

0~0~0

On the fire runes topic. Well, your fire resistance doesn't apply to your armor, at least it shouldn't. And any runes affecting incoming damage wouldn't matter once the armor is pierced, because then the next-ish hits won't involve the armor. Though, any leftover damage from an attack that pierced your armor would be affected by those runes.

On the fire runes topic. Well, your fire resistance doesn't apply to your armor, at least it shouldn't. And any runes affecting incoming damage wouldn't matter once the armor is pierced, because then the next-ish hits won't involve the armor. Though, any leftover damage from an attack that pierced your armor would be affected by those runes.

Doesn't quenching it in Hearthroot Oil give the armor itself fire resistance, though? The thought was definitely to combine those things.

I'm pretty sure this is futile. I'm not against the idea, I just think there aren't gonna be any around.

You're probably right, but on the other hand, it doesn't really hurt to roll the dice and find out, so I'm cool with it.

You never know, maybe we meet another female warrior who IF wants to introduce because he thinks it would be fun we've somehow never met before! Or there are some local women who really yearn for adventure but were not as lucky as Halla in having supportive parents and opportunities.

Like the worst we lose is the time to click "copy" and "paste" and see what happens, so why not?

[X] Go Shopping

A threesome with Gabriel and Abjorn can't fix this. There's a good chance it would only make things worse. But I still think we should give it a try

Last edited:
Correct. Not as strong as your double-layer resistance, but a resistance nonetheless. If you quenched it in hearthroot oil, then the fire damage made from the runes would be resisted by the armor

And then again by our own resistance on blows that pierce it. Yeah, that seems good to me. That's DR on our armor then more DR on any blow that pierces it...that seems solid.

And we could try adding a socket stone to do something like we did with Abjorns armor.

Eventually, yeah.

Back