Sure. But efficiency is not our biggest priority in many ways, and I bet it wouldn't work on Guard defenses which are more efficient than that, at least on average.
I mean we would have to get it in order to find out.. and we really should try doing weird things with our Orthsirr more often and figure out the intricacies of Orth. It's how Sharpen is acquired after all.

I mean we would have to get it in order to find out.. and we really should try doing weird things with our Orthsirr more often and figure out the intricacies of Orth. It's how Sharpen is acquired after all.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get it, I'm saying we don't know how and don't know anyone who has it, and it's not essential, so I'd kinda rather wait until we see someone use it, as that likely cuts the needed research way down.

EDIT: "May the slaughter-reeds born of the forge strike at me and my wearer as if they were instead the flames within it." = May forged weapons count as fire damage for the armor and its wearer.

That seems really good if it works. There are some pretty strict limits (doesn't work on Hugareida conjured weapons, non-metal weapons, elemental attacks...lots of stuff, honestly), but I'm not coming up with anything broader? And IF has noted that narrower stuff is more powerful within its area.

This looks like a geat idea to me, maybe instead of flames within it you could add something like more esoteric. Like "Blackhand fires" or "The forge within Fafnirsbane bloodline" as a reference to our Born from Fire trait.
"May the slaughter-reeds strike at me as if they were the sun of the houses and fan the woodsbane of ironshapers appliance in fafnirbanes bloodline"?

Sun of the houses = fire (using an association with the tamed fire used in fireplaces)
Woodsbane = fire (not sounding as tamed)
ironshaper = smith
smiths appliance = forge
fafnirbane = Sigurd
the forge in Sigurds bloodline = stoker state.

Hoped for effect:
Turns weapondamage into firedamage and turns absorbed firedamage (all firedamage we don't take because of DR or fireimmunity effects) into stokerstate dice.

"May the slaughter-reeds strike at me as if they were the sun of the houses and fan the woodsbane of ironshapers appliance in fafnirbanes bloodline"?

This seems way more complicated than is a good idea, IMO. Like, the last complicated phrase I did, IF specifically specifically suggested I simplify it, and it was a lot simpler than this one.

To point out another possibility from the other direction, complexity-wise, Shard suggested the following alternative phrase on Discord:

"All strikes shall meet me as the embers of the forge."

Which is solid and concise, and should apply to all attacks, but I worry that being broader makes it significantly weaker than the 'forged weapons' version.

Last edited:
No need to over-complicate runes imo. Imperial himself stated that sometimes simple works best, and this feels like one of those occasions.

Bear in mind that we don't want the runes to be too difficult to get good and bloody in as short a time as possible, we don't want to be wasting time prepping them while our opponent actually starts fighting. Less characters is better.

Bear in mind that we don't want the runes to be too difficult to get good and bloody in as short a time as possible, we don't want to be wasting time prepping them while our opponent actually starts fighting. Less characters is better.

True, but specific wording also matters. Maybe go with this as a shortened version of my original forged weapon idea:

"All weapons forged shall strike at me as if they were their forge's embers."

I think that or Shard's are probably our best bet? Maybe fiddle with it a tad more...

Last edited:
For blood we just make sure the complete area is covered in it, shouldn't meaningfully take longer.

Which is solid and concise, and should apply to all attacks, but I worry that being broader makes it significantly weaker than the 'forged weapons' version.
Its good, I'd use the "All strikes shall meet me" part of it in an updated version of my wording.
For the simpler argument... Yeah, but simpler can also mean bland-er.

Also ugh, discord is already splitting the discussion.

That seems possible, though for combat he's usually gonna want to be wearing Shadeclaw and thus in human form. Usually.
I mean, we could add in a runestone with an effect to "always fit my wearer" or something like that.
DND Wilding armor made easy.
f we made an explosive pottery ball containing superheated oil on the other hand, that would be mostly heat damage and less than Abjorns DR explosive damage...
Do keep in mind, the heated oil managed to sidestep the fire immunity.
Yeah, I prefer this to the blood reed one.

As for location.... How about the chest or shoulder area? Perhaps the waist.... But neither should be in the center.

I was reading the character sheet and i remembered this:

-Jarl-in-the-Making (2/9): Have 9 different people (not related to you nor to each other) swear themselves into your service to unlock Incomplete Boon: Jarlssoul.

Does anybody think we will be able to complete this before we die? And if we do, will the Boon be passed to our successor, to all our children or only to the children we have after we gain the Boon?

Halla doesn't seem like to be the person to complete that boon, especially with all the crafting that we all do and the amount of time we spend at the farm. Crafting boons seem to be really hard to get.

Cindersoot Owl Appearance:

Roughly Abjorn-sized, with about two or three times that for the wing-span. A bit drab, perhaps, but that's only because it covers itself in the leavings of its forge. When it is cleaned of the filth, it shines red, yellow, and orange. The tailfeathers and main flight feathers are, of course, ash-gray. Its talons are yellow and darken as you travel further along the length. Eventually, near the tip of the talon, it reaches a full, pitch-black. It has unusual dexterity in its talons and is able to wield a hammer and tongs as well as any human.

Halla's Owl is Cutttteeeee. Just imagine a giant plushie-owl, tongs in its beak, balancing on a leg while it's other leg holds a hammer to hammer stuff.

Also since we can eat coal for food that means we can eat the Blackstone Blessed Coal and give a review for our Owly friends.

I wonder if Steinarr would appreciate Stonebread? Bread.. baked with stone in it.

Does anybody think we will be able to complete this before we die? And if we do, will the Boon be passed to our successor, to all our children or only to the children we have after we gain the Boon?
Probably not, and if we did we would also have to complete Jarlsoul first, then it would be passed on to children we had after finishing the Boon.
You mean dwarven battle bread?
... Yes?

I was reading the character sheet and i remembered this:

I think only if we actively pursue it, I think we plausibly could, but I don't think we will, since we are in ap hell already and that would make it worse until we finish.

I think only if we actively pursue it, I think we plausibly could, but I don't think we will, since we are in ap hell already and that would make it worse until we finish.

I mean, after we return from Wessex we will travel to Vestfold were we can potentialy gain Aku loyality and maybe somebody else. After that we don't have well defined long term plans, so we could try to work on Jarl-in-the-Making.

Back