What sort of tone should I shoot for with this Quest?

• Go as crack fueled as you can we want Ambush Bug, Snowflame and Duckseid

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Go for something silly but keep a little bit of reason

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Adam West Camp

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Balanced as all things should be

Votes: 195 50.0%
  • Mostly serious but not self-involvedly so

Votes: 73 18.7%
  • Dark and brooding but with light at the end of the tunnel

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • We're evil and we don't want anyone to be happy

Votes: 22 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "big pile of rolls"? I do as many rolls as I can as soon as I can, meaning anything not checked by your actions gets done pretty fast. It doesn't take long for me to roll the dice and record my numbers so I can generally afford to be a little more specific, even if I don't roll for literally every character/hero unit.

Does that make sense? If I didn't answer your question I'm going to need further elaboration on what you are asking me.
By big pile of rolls I meant rolling most of the dice at the same time. So yeah it's pretty much answered.

I've been seeing all this discussion about what to do next turn with various characters, but I want to wait until we've picked Cassandra's command trait and the upgrades to the bone formula. If we get something marketable, it may be able to break Wayne Enterprise's market block and boost Enoch's reputation a bit.

With that said I wouldn't mind doing the holo-books action soon (improve our training aids and future game concepts while having more to show off for the government).

Something I noticed from Starfire's personal action:
It wasn't perfect but Cassandra did seem to take an interest in certain aspects of Tamaranean culture. She didn't quite seem to understand the prevalence of emotion and its role in society, it was difficult for Starfire to impart just how important joy was when it was linked to flight and other such phenomena that seeped into a lot of aspects of Tamaranean life. Tamaraneans were meant to feel everything fully and freely.
We have an action she could help with when we have the time for it:
[ ] Learn about flight
DC 13 Rebecca has learned how to fly using magic. Further investigating the phenomena could teach you how to improve upon it or possibly even replicate it yourself.

@King crimson I currently have 700 exp, can I spend 200 for another Gemworld omake? No rush though, if it has to wait until after this turn it's all good. I still haven't forgotten that I'd like us to make magical weapons that boost stats for the wielder(s), though hopefully, the DC isn't still around 400 for the good stuff. 😅

Quick Character Summaries for Portrayal in other Media
So just a heads up about this informational post. This post is meant to give you the absolute barest basics as to a few of the most relevant DC comics sources. They are not complete overviews of who the characters are or what they are about, and instead they are more meant to give people less familiar with DC a very brief overview of who these characters were/are in other media. Furthermore while some of this information is certainly relevant to how characters are portrayed in quest, a lot of the time things are very different and the information isn't super applicable. That being said I think it's interesting to know.

What I'm posting now will be incomplete as I'll add a few more later on down the line. Let me know if there's a particular character you want a quick summary of/about.

Quick Character Summaries for Portrayal in other Media
  • Lex Luthor: Superman's archnemesis and a bald supervillain. Generally alternates between being a mad scientist and a businessman with a lot of incarnations blending the two together. Absolutely hates and despises Superman.
  • Mercy Graves: Generally is Lex Luthor's number two in any given adaptation she appears and is the more physically violent of the two (provided Lex isn't wearing some high-tech armor). In the DCAU, which is what I'm primarily drawing on for her portrayal in this quest, Mercy eventually took over running LexCorp after Lex was rendered ineligible to run the company.
  • Professor Ivo: Mad scientist with a penchant for robotics, most famous for creating the Amazo robot which can copy any other individual's super powers. Generally suffering from some sort of horrific disfigurement in his comic portrayals and in his first appearance wanted to obtain immortality.
  • Pamela Isley: The supervillain known as Poison Ivy, a femme fatale with chlorokinetic capabilities and typically a Batman villain. Often gets her powers through some kind of accident and is an ecoterrorist with skewed priorities since she considers the lives of plants to often be more valuable than that of people.
  • Katherine Kane: Bruce Wayne's cousin, a prominent lesbian character and the superheroine Batwoman. Has family issues between a dead mother, a presumed dead sister and a father whom she has a mixed relationship with.
  • Rebecca Carstairs: A magic user/superheroine who operated under the name "Witchfire" who was also a pop star, actress and model.
  • Roxanne Sutton: A former stunt woman turned thief from the DCAU who was committing crimes primarily for the thrill of it. Operated under the alias "Roxy Rocket" and rode a rocket with motorcycle-like accoutrements as she committed her crimes.
  • Carol Ferris: Owner of Ferris Aircraft and most often Hal Jordan's boss and love interest. Pretty regularly would get an alien ring that would turn her into the Star Sapphire, a supervillain persona with love theming. Over time the distinction between the two personas broke and "Star Sapphire" stopped being an out and out villain and Carol Ferris became a heroic figure with ties to the Star Sapphire Corps and an ally to the Green Lantern Corps.
  • Karl Helfern: One of the first Batman villains ever created, operating under the alias "Dr. Death". Often dealt with various biological works but in his new 52 version, he was pretty explicitly a scientist interested in bone growth who wished to reinvent himself after the death of his son and turned himself into a terrifying bone monster.
  • Cassandra Luthor: Generally called Cassandra Cain in the comics. Was the second Batgirl but has also operated under the names "Black Bat" and "Orphan". Is the daughter of David Cain, an infamous assassin, and Lady Shiva, one of the world's greatest martial artists who takes pleasure in martial arts deathmatches. Initially was completely mute and instead relied on "body reading" to see what people are feeling/thinking. Over time this has changed but Cassandra generally remains relatively quiet and with some degree of linguistic struggles, and she's absolutely one of the best martial artists in the entire setting.
  • Mari McCabe: A superheroine who is often on the Justice League who operates under the name "Vixen" and draws open the power of an object called the "Tantu Totem" to grant herself the qualities/capabilities of various animals. Is originally from the fictional country of Zambesi and was involved in ending a dictatorship there.
  • Oswald Loomis: The supervillain known as the Prankster who would regularly go up against Superman. Often used deadly gadgets and complex plans to stay ahead of Superman and initially had a show called "the Uncle Ozzy show" but when it got cancelled he tried to murder the people who were responsible, setting him on the career path of becoming a supervillain.
  • Jinx: Generally a magic user of some stripe who fights against the Teen Titans and is often a member of a group called "The Fearsome Five", though her most famous incarnation makes it "The HIVE Five". In the Teen Titans cartoon, which is the version I'm drawing most heavily on, she had ambitions to make something of herself/be important, some slight self-loathing due to her powerset, and fairly potent magical powers that caused bad luck to happen.
  • Carl Draper: The superman villain known as the Master Jailer. Often clashed with Superman, designing cells to hold him and also frequently worked with a lot of shady government and government-adjacent organizations (Off the top of my head he's worked with Project Cadmus, the Suicide Squad and Checkmate). Has a daughter named Carla who went on to become a supervillain as well.
  • Felicity Smoak: Felicity Smoak is pretty solidly based on the Arrowverse take on her character as prior to that she was most notable for being Firestorm's stepmom. Felicity is a competent intelligent expert in computers who has a bit of a shady past prior to cleaning up her act and going on to work for Oliver Queen. In the Arrow show, Felicity was Oliver Queen's primary love interest as things developed.
  • Marie Louise Dahl: Hailing from the DCAU, Marie was the supervillain known as "Baby Doll". A former child actor with a developmental disorder that prevented her from physically growing past being a child despite mentally being much older. After failing to find work, Marie developed severe mental issues and engaged in criminal activity. Had a brief attempted romance with Killer Croc, feeling kinship over the two of them being "freaks" of some kind.
  • Edward Nygma: The supervillain known as the Riddler. Edward Nygma had an abusive father who ended up instilling in him an obsession both with puzzles and riddles, and with being smarter than everyone else. Riddler is also often given computer skills and in the DCAU he was a former programmer who got cheated by his boss. Riddler generally tangles with Batman and is considered one of his smarter foes, but is also often undone by his compulsion to leave clues behind.
  • Rose Wilson: The youngest daughter of Deathstroke and someone who inherited a lot of his powers. In the comics she often struggles with dealing with her father's legacy and often deals with it in unhealthy ways, most notably when she ripped her own eyeball out of her face in order to be more like Deathstroke.
  • Dr. Moon: A crazy mad scientist with a penchant for body modification. Has worked with Ra's al Ghul, the Wonder Woman villain Dr. Cyber, clashed with Batman due to working for people like Tobias Whale, and more.
  • Lisa Snart: The supervillain known as Golden Glider and Leonard Snart's sister. Had an abusive dad and learned figure skating. Generally has terrible dating sense as she dated the supervillain known as the Top prior to the New 52 and after the New 52 she dated Mirror Master. She also notably got herself killed prior to the New 52 due to regularly ditching allies she'd armed with high tech weaponry once she'd deemed them useless.
  • Leonard Snart: The supervillain known as Captain Cold and one of the big three contenders for being the Flash's archnemesis. Leonard grew up in an abusive environment and ended up enjoying the cold a lot. After getting his hands on advanced freezing technology he became Captain Cold. Leonard is the nominal leader of the Rogues, a collection of Flash villains who regularly fight the Flash but also hold themselves to a higher standard of ethical conduct then other supervillains, including having rules like not deliberately killing women and children.
  • Samuel Scudder: The original Mirror Master. Samuel Scudder was a common crook who discovered powerful mirror based technology and used it to commit elaborate crimes. Eventually he died because he spent too long arguing with his nominal teammates. Following his death, fellow rogue Captain Boomerang stole his costume and identity so that he could commit crimes while still on the Suicide Squad.
  • Mick Rory: The supervillain known as Heatwave. Mick Rory developed pyromania at a young age and in part became the supervillain Heatwave to indulge his urges. He did have a notable period of time where he turned his life around and became a civilian but then comic book nonsense happened and he became a supervillain again. Mick is often paired as Leonard Snart's second in command.
  • Lucy Lane: Lois Lane's younger sister. Often times portrayed as meek sheltered and naive or used as a Jimmy Olsen love interest. I'm drawing more on depictions that show her having a more fraught relationship with her family. In the comics Lucy Lane joined the military and underwent experimental treatment to become "Superwoman" wherein she was used for shady stuff by her father and died.
  • Meena Dhawan: Meena Dhawan is a former love interest of Barry Allen who became an expert on physics/the speed force who gained speed force powers. She then seemingly died and then turned up again as part of a terrorist organization.
  • Caitlin Snow: The modern take on Killer Frost, a young academic who wanted to make what was basically the Cold Engine only her coworkers/boss didn't and they threw her in it to kill her, instead turning her into a heat vampire. Killed a bunch of people and was a Firestorm villain until the popularity of the Arrowverse version caused the writers to make her a part of the Justice League.
  • Louise Lincoln: The longest running Killer Frost who decided to become Killer Frost as a way to repay her mentor and tangled with Firestorm who she blamed for her mentor's death. I actually draw a lot from the original Killer Frost, Crystal Frost, who was initially a student of Professor Martin Stein (who is one half of the superhero Firestorm) who she fell in love with. When Stein did the right thing and rejected her and basically became what might be known as a "femcel". She then got into a lab accident and developed ice based superpowers and became the supervillain Killer Frost.
  • Vivian D'Aramis: One of the two people to take up the mantle of the superheroine Crimson Fox. Vivian had superstrength and pheromone control and was spurred into becoming a superheroine after their parents were killed by a shady CEO of a pharmaceutical company. In the comics Vivian was killed by a supervillain.
  • Constance D'Aramis: Has basically the same backstory as her sister and while she did take up the mantle solo following her sister's death, she was eventually killed by the supervillain known as Mist.
  • Mr. Frost: Mr. Frost was an albino CEO of a tech company that caused people to see illusions. In order to show off his tech to potential investors, Mr. Frost attempted to use the technology to kill the Flash. He was beaten and never showed up after that
  • Nathan Warbow: A neighbor of Clark Kent's who was a native American and an engineer with a bit of a dour personality. He was one of Clark's suspects to be a shapeshifting alien known as the Quakerer.
  • Paige Monroe: Paige Monroe is the supervillain known as Calender Girl hailing from the DCAU. She is a former model, cast aside seemingly for being too old despite looking fine which lead to her developing severe self-image issues and attempting to destroy the institution that had abandoned her and left her to rot.
  • Lana Lang: Superman's childhood friend from Smallville and potential romantic partner. Lana in the comics eventually married Pete Ross though that fell through and at one point she was the first lady of the United States. She generally knows Superman's secret identity and in the DCAU she was a fashion designer who dated Lex Luthor.
  • Rene Carpenter: Rene Carpenter is a psychiatrist who ended up living in Metropolis who got involved with the vigilante creatively name Vigilante. Eventually Rene grew to learn about Vigilante's operations and agreed to let them continue
  • Elaine Marsh Morton: Elaine is the Nightwing villain known as Lady Vic. She's a British aristocrat who apparently needed money so badly she was willing to constantly be on retainer for a gangster in order to get more money. She was also part of the very short lived team known as Tartarus which was engineered to implode as soon as possible.
  • Edward Wells: Edward Wells is a Batgirl villain who is an ex-soldier turned gun for hire who operates under the codename Cormorant. In the original continuity he gets murdered when his ex-wife hired an assassin who only kills people who have committed crimes against women to kill him and in the post New 52 continuity, he gets shot by a member of the GCPD and dies.
  • Siobhan McDougal: Siobhan McDougal is tricky. Prior to the New 52 she was ancient immortal magical banshee spirit with a shit ton of powers and the ability to kill someone instantly if she spoke their true name. Post New 52, which I draw more heavily on for backstory (though not demeanor), she was a young woman with aspirations of a musical career with a cursed lineage that gave her banshee powers.
  • Helena Bertinelli: Helena Bertinelli is the superheroine known as Huntress. She was the daughter of a prominent mob family in Gotham until a rival mob family went and killed them all except for her. Helena then swore revenge on the people who killed her family. Helena has a very shaky history with the Batfamily due to being overly violent and too willing to kill for Batman's tastes which often causes them problems.
  • Raven: Raven is the half-demon daughter of Trigon (who basically started as legally distinct Satan). She's often a member of the Teen Titans and is a powerful magic user who grew up in a magical pocket dimension known as Azarath which Trigon went on to wreck. She generally serves both as the catalyst for Trigon's attempts to destroy the world and as the key that results in his defeat.
  • Fixit: A hobo robot man who the superhero Cyborg stumbled across accidentally. Fixit initially wanted to "fix" Cyborg by removing his human parts and making him entirely machine but upon looking into Cyborg's memories/mind, he reconsiders things and opens himself up to exploring humanity.
  • Leslie Willis: Another DCAU original Leslie Willis is the supervillain Livewire. She starts off as a "shock jock" radio host who wants to skewer Superman. When a party goes wrong she gets superpowers and goes mad with power, becoming another supervillain for Superman to fight. She has electrical powers and has water as a weakness.
  • Starfire: Starfire is an alien princess from the planet Tamaran. She has a very rocky relationship with her older sister Blackfire, sometimes has a missing young brother named Wildfire and is often a member of the Teen Titans. She's got a suite of powers and capabilities, all of which are tied to her emotions in some capacity.
  • Beatriz Da Costa: Beatriz Da Costa is the pyrokinetic superhero and Justice League member known as Fire. She was also a secret agent for the country of Brazil and is a model. She'd often paired with Ice and the two are pretty much an in-baked duo.
  • Tora Olafsdotter: Tora is a cryokinetic superhero and Justice League member known as Ice. In the comics she's actually the secret princess of a group of magic users who all have ice powers, who ran away from her people.
  • Eve Eden: Eve is a magic user who lost her brother to demons and since sought to get even. She initially attempted to work solo, before then going on to work with the Suicide Squad and then later teaming up and forming her own team of magic users known as Shadowpact of which she was a key member.
  • Arthur Villain: Arthur Villain is a Steel villain and is a smug prick who thinks he's smarter than he is, hiring Steel on when his identity was publicly known, as a publicity stunt while also working as a supervillain. Arthur Villain created a high tech suit which he gave to one of his minions who became the supervillain Skorpio and served as his bodyguard.
  • Catherine Devereux: Catherine Devereux was a scientist working for Project Cadmus, a government program with a focus on genetics/cloning/bioweapon creation. Catherine didn't do much except provide other characters with information
  • Enoch Brown: Another DCAU original Enoch Brown is a supervillain known as "Farmer Brown", though he's more of a mad scientist then a conventional villain. He created a formula to make giant mutated animals and when the city rejected him for making animals too big and dangerous, he unleashed a swarm of monstrous animals on the city, before attempting to hold it for ransom with monster praying mantises. He also had a daughter he gave limited super-strength and toughness through a beef steroid derivative substance.
  • Brittney Meld: Brittney Meld is not known by the name "Brittney Meld" as she's a take on the character of "The Chief" from the old Plastic Man cartoon. She was a government agent tasked with taking down bizarre criminal organizations and was often critical of Plastic Man as they did so.
  • Lois Lane: Superman's most iconic/important love interest and an intrepid reporter at the Daily Planet. Is generally fairly competent despite often being a damsel in distress and in current comics is married to Superman.
  • Clark Kent/Superman: The son of a prominent Kryptonian scientist who saw the end of Krypton coming and who sent off his son in space to survive. Upon landing on Earth Superman was raised by the Kent family in Smallville and learned of the incredible powers he had under the yellow sun. As such he took up the name/identity of Superman and became the premier DC hero.
  • Jimmy Olsen: Superman's "best friend" a younger slightly dweeby person working at the Daily Planet who is close with Clark Kent and admires Superman. Oftentimes is a photographer who works with Lois Lane.
  • Perry White: Perry White is often the editor in chief of the Daily Planet and fills the "cranky old mentor" role for the most part.
  • Cat Grant: A romantic rival of Lois Lane, who is interested in Clark Kent. Often given the role of a gossip columnist to contrast her with Lois's more serious stories. Often has a son from a previous marriage.
  • Sam Lane: Lois and Lucy Lane's father and an aggressive general with a strong dislike of kryptonians. In the comics he's been fairly extreme as of late, even leading secret illegal black ops organizations in order to find ways to kill Kryptonians
  • Emil Hamilton: A scientist who often starts off as a pseudo-ally of Superman's before later on becoming a bitter enemy of his, intent on taking down Superman.
  • Dan Turpin: A rough and tumble cop whose appearance is loosely based on Jack Kirby's. Generally considered an ally of Superman. Dan also very prominently got possessed by Darkseid during a big crisis event.
  • Maggie Sawyer: A prominent gay police officer who's often made Dan Turpin's partner (in terms of profession not relationship). Maggie Sawyer is often a member of Metropolis's special crimes unit which is meant to take on foes normal police can't handle.
  • General Zod: A kryptonian criminal of some stripe who was sentenced to imprisonment in the phantom zone. Later escapes the phantom zone and wreaks havoc. General Zod's comics history is very messy but his most iconic appearance was in the Superman 2 movie wherein he and two other Kryptonian criminals attempt to take over the world and in which Zod declares the now iconic line "kneel before Zod".
  • Avruskin: A soviet experiment born to a pair of cosmonauts. Avruskin's parents died when an unidentified object crashed into the space station they were staying in. Avruskin would develop the same powers as Superman only his worked under red sunlight instead of yellow sunlight. He met with the ghost of General Zod, built himself a a set of power and then Avruskin declared himself Zod and began attempting to kill Superman.
  • Doomsday: Big monster that adapts to whatever kills him. Doomsday is most famous for having successfully killed Superman (except not really because comics bullshit) and is generally the biggest benchmark for "big strong unstoppable monster".
  • Brainiac: A hyper-intelligent entity from outer space with a bone to pick with Superman. Brainiac is sometimes a robot, sometimes an alien but he's almost always intelligent and reliant on advanced technology to triumph over others. He has a strong association with shrinking cities and putting them in bottles. In the DCAU, which I am drawing heavily on, Brainiac was a supercomputer on Krypton before he would go on to become his own entity. When Brainiac is a machine, he often has numbered iterations that are technically distinct characters.
  • Toyman/Winslow Schott: Toyman is simultaneously an underused character and a really messy one as it's an identity held by multiple people and there was an entire mess of Toyman actually being a robot copy of himself. Generally speaking Winslow Schott is a genius inventor who uses toy themed gadgets to commit crimes and battles with Superman.
  • Ultra-Humanite: Superman's original archnemesis, a mad scientist with brain switching technology. Ultra-Humanite is often in the body of a white gorilla. Notably Ultra-Humanite's original gender is unclear though it is generally assumed to be male.
  • Parasite: Rudy Jones was initially a loser and a janitor before getting into an accident and developing incredible powers upon mutating into a giant purple lamprey man. Parasite can drain the life force and powers of anyone he touches and often seeks to drain more people to gather more power.
  • Metallo: John Corben was a crook who upon getting into an accident got a cyborg body powered by kryptonite. Dubbing himself Metallo, Corben would then go on to fight with Superman and try to kill the man of steel.
  • Blackrock: Blackrock is multiple characters but broadly speaking initially was a man granted incredible powers by a magical black rock. The identity often changes and sometimes Blackrock is just a guy in a power suit.
  • Bruno Manneheim: The leader of Intergang, a criminal organization that sells/uses advanced technology and often has ties to Apokolips/Darkseid. Bruno is generally not the biggest threat in the world but is decently competent and has a number of minions he uses to get the job done.
  • Atomic Skull: Atomic Skull is a staple secondary Superman villain, either being a mad scientist who granted himself superpowers, or a freak accident who became convinced that he was a movie character and Superman was his enemy. Often fires big blasts of energy and has some form of superstrength.
  • Amanda Waller: A former housewife turned brutal government agent. Waller is generally considered to be a "hard man making hard decisions" and is intensely paranoid and patriotic. She often comes into conflict with groups like the Justice League and leads the Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller is generally considered to be a nasty piece of work.
  • Diana Prince: Diana Prince is Wonder Woman, an Amazon from Themyscira, a magical island filled only with Amazons with Greek myth flavoring as appropriate. Diana has superstrength, super speed and can fly and is the premier female superhero in DC comics. Diana as of late has been depicted as significantly more willing to kill than either Superman or Batman.
  • Angle Man: A Wonder Woman villain who uses special tech to bend space to perform his crimes.
  • Bruce Wayne/Batman: Bruce Wayne is the superhero Batman, arguably the most popular DC comics character of all time. While DC has made him kind of ridiculous, I'll be sticking to a more grounded take on the character.
  • Dick Grayson/Robin: Bruce Wayne's first sidekick, and an orphan who watched his circus parents die. He was potentially going to get groomed into an assassin for the Court of Owls but Bruce's adoption scuttled that plan. Dick would later go on to lead the Teen Titans and he'd then further go on to become the new hero Nightwing. As Nightwing, Dick both lead his own team and began defending a different city, Bludhaven, independently of Batman.
  • Barbara Gordon/Batgirl: Barbara Gordon is the daughter of Commissioner Gordon and was the first Batgirl. She was shot by the Joker and ended up in a wheelchair. From there she used her computer skills to become the information broker/tech expert Oracle and set up her own base of operations. Furthermore Barbara would become the leader of the superhero team known as the Birds of Prey. Later comics have undone her being confined to a wheelchair.
  • Zatanna Zatara: A magical superheroine who can cast spells by speaking backwards. Zatanna is the daughter of an older magical superhero and is descended from a long line of magic users. Zatanna also publicly operates as a stage magician. She's generally the go to figure whenever DC wants to have someone explain something magical to the Justice League.
  • Queen Bee: A ruler of a large organization, whether that be HIVE or the country of Bialya. Numerous different interpretations of the character exist (including one who's an alien who can't see red and has mind control pollen) but I am primarily drawing on the Young Justice version in which she is the dictator of the African country of Bialya and has the superpower to mind control/influence anyone who is sufficiently attracted to her.
  • Count Vertigo: A nobleman from the small European country of Vlatava with the power to cause people to become sick/dizzy/disoriented when he looks at them. Primarily a Green Arrow villain.
  • Bane: Bane was born into a prison in the country of Santa Prisca for a crime his father committed. Bane grew up in the prison and was molded by it. He eventually came to the conclusion that he needed to kill the Batman in order to truly overcome his weaknesses and he often uses the fantastical steroid Venom to up his strength even further to fight Batman. Bane is most famous for having successfully broken Batman's back, leading to someone else temporarily taking on the mantle of Batman.
  • Deathstroke: An international master mercenary with a lot of minor superpowers that push him just outside of normal human capabilities. Deathstroke consistently destroys his own family life and causes a lot of his own problems. He's primarily a Teen Titans villain and he has multiple children, many of who went on to become superheroes or supervillains on their own.
  • Supergirl/Kara Zor-El: Supergirl is an incredibly messy character to get into, but broadly speaking Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin who escaped the destruction of Krypton and then ended up on Earth. She's generally more in tune with Kryptonian tech/culture and has to adjust a bit to living on Earth.
  • The Joker: The Clown Prince of Crime is a pretty infamous supervillain in DC comics. I am pretty solidly breaking away from most of the newer stuff regarding the Joker and instead leaning more on older stuff (generally everything past 2010-ish about the Joker I ignore). The Joker famously has a nebulous background but the most agreed upon elements is that he was some sort of criminal prior to falling into a vat of chemicals and ended up with his white skin and green hair. The Joker is a showman and likes attention.
  • Penguin: Oswald Cobblepot is a supervillain known as the Penguin who also often operates as a quasi-legal business man. Oswald is short and doesn't fit into upper crust society despite coming from a wealthy old money Gotham family. He has a fondness for umbrellas and birds and generally wants to be seen as classy. Oswald often oscillates between being a full on supervillain, being a mob boss and being an informant/information broker. Most commonly Oswald operates out of a building called the Iceberg Lounge.
  • Selina Kyle: In the comics Selina Kyle is Catwoman, a costumed thief with romantic tension with Batman. Catwoman often rides the line as being a grey character, not being an out and out villain, but also being willing to cross lines Batman wouldn't. She's often at least somewhat capable of working with Batman and is generally flirtatious towards him. In addition while it has fallen out of favor with more modern comics, Selina Kyle has often been implied to be the illegitimate daughter of Carmine Falcone.
  • Killer Croc: Waylon Jones is the supervillain Killer Croc, and is one of Batman's traditional enemies. Waylon Jones was initially portrayed as just having a skin condition that made him scaley but he's basically a full-on crocodile/lizard person in most media to the point where there are even multiple depictions where he has a tail. Killer Croc generally isn't depicted as being overly intelligent but every so often you get a version that's surprisingly cunning and he's almost always given some animalistic behavior.
  • Scarecrow: Scarecrow is Jonathan Crane and is a Batman villain. He's almost always depicted as being fairly cerebral and obsessed with fear and uses various chemicals that manipulate the mind to either get revenge on those that wronged him, or to try some sort of scheme that ends with him having more power and wealth. Scarecrow is often a deeply sadistic character who revels in having power over others.
  • Mad Hatter: Jervis Tetch is the most common version of the supervillain called the Mad Hatter. There is another individual who is known as the "Mad Hatter" but other than the name and sometimes the look, they share vary little as that Mad Hatter uses trick hats to commit crimes. Jervis Tetch instead mainly uses mind control technology. He's often depicted as delusional and obsessive and a little disconnected from reality. Additionally Jervis has a fairly consistently creepy relationship with women, often using mind control to get them to behave how he wants them to behave and generally engaging in highly unpleasant behavior.
  • Mr. Freeze: Victor Freeze is the supervillain known as Mr. Freeze. While there's significantly more history to him than this, the most well known version of Mr. Freeze comes from the DCAU wherein he's depicted as a scientist working to save his wife from a deadly disease. A lab accident occurs and he becomes unable to live outside of a suit. Using freezing tech, Victor Fries takes on the persona of Mr. Freeze and commits crimes to try and get resources to find a cure for his wife Nora.
  • Two-Face: Two-Face is a supervillain and is Bruce Wayne's former friend and Gotham's ex-district attorney, Harvey Dent. The exact details vary a fair bit but generally Harvey Dent has some pre-existing mental condition that gets worse when a criminal disfigures him, leaving him with Two-Faces half and half look. From there Harvey Dent snaps and dives into being a criminal. Harvey Dent is a character whose stories often are focused on the ideas of redemption and choice.
  • Clayface: Clayface is an alias taken on by many individuals, to the point where the comics had a team called the "Mudpack" which was just four different Clayfaces (and I can think of two other Clayfaces who weren't part of the team). Generally the most relevant Clayfaces are Basil Karlo and Matt Hagen who have kind of become interchangeable as time goes on. I primarily draw on the DCAU version which is technically Matt Hagen, but because he's an actor, I went with the Basil Karlo name. Clayface generally gets into an accident of some kind which transforms him into a goopy mudman with shapeshifting capabilities that make him both very difficult to take in a fight, and able to blend in exceedingly well.
  • Black Mask: Black Mask is most often Roman Sionis and is arguably one of Batman's most sadistic enemies. While he is a minor Batman villain in the grand scheme of things, he's been depicted as having taken control of the entire Gotham underworld in multiple different pieces of media. He's kind of picked up a bit of a trend of being absolutely awful to women as most notably in the comics, the most prominent characters he killed and/or tortured are all female.
  • Killer Moth: Killer Moth is most often the individual known as Drury Walker and is kind of a loser of a supervillain. He's generally not too impressive and is often considered a bit of a joke. Even more menacing takes like the version from the Teen Titans often get comedically undermined in some capacity. Killer Moth occasionally turns into a giant moth monster (sometimes named Charaxes) to make him more of a physical threat. Despite being a bit of a joke, Killer Moth is still generally at least halfway competent and is able to be dangerous if given free reign to do as he pleases.
  • Firefly: I can think of four different individuals who have taken on the supervillain mantle of Firefly but the most common one is Garfield Lynns. Garfield Lynns is a deranged pyromaniac who is mostly interested in just burning things with no greater plan or purpose. He's often fairly easily coopted into larger villainous schemes since he often doesn't care about things beyond starting fires.
  • Talia al Ghul: Talia al Ghul is a sometimes love interest of Batman and a sometimes supervillain. Like Catwoman, Talia's morality is often ambiguous but she's generally more solidly depicted as on the villainous end of things, even if she's often given some redeeming quality to make her better than Ra's al Ghul. Talia is the mother of Damian Wayne and over time she's shifted into being more of an independent actor and running her own criminal organizations independently of her father Ra's al Ghul.
  • Ra's al Ghul: Ra's al Ghul is a centuries old immortal man with an obsession with legacy. Beyond wanting to have a worthy heir for himself, Ra's wants to wipe out most of the human race to restore the earth to a more primeval and "natural" state. Of course there's some ego mixed in as Ra's also wants to be the one responsible for selecting and/or guiding the remnants of humanity in this new paradise adding to his messiah complex. Ra's al Ghul often considers Bruce Wayne to be an ideal replacement for him and runs the massive organization known as the League of Shadows, sometimes called the League of Assassins. Ra's is generally depicted as one of the deadliest nominally baseline human fighters in the world and he obtains his immortality by using these things called Lazarus pits, which can bring back/rejuvenate anyone who lies in them in exchange for some degree of induced madness.
  • Hush: Hush is Thomas Elliot is the supervillain known as Hush and is a former friend of Bruce Wayne's. Thomas Elliot is an immensely petty person who had abusive parents and grew to resent Bruce, initially for being the person he was always negatively compared to and then for having dead parents and "all the freedom in the world". Thomas Elliot went on to become a skilled surgeon and grew more jealous over the years, ultimately becoming a supervillain. One of the things Thomas Elliot has become most well known for is performing cosmetic surgery on his own face until he appeared identical to Bruce Wayne, so that he could steal Bruce Wayne's life. Notably in the comics when Bruce Wayne/Batman was dead, Thomas acted the part of Bruce Wayne to the public which resulted in Batman's death not actually revealing his secret identity.

Last edited:
@King crimson I currently have 700 exp, can I spend 200 for another Gemworld omake? No rush though, if it has to wait until after this turn it's all good. I still haven't forgotten that I'd like us to make magical weapons that boost stats for the wielder(s), though hopefully, the DC isn't still around 400 for the good stuff. 😅
I'll get on that. I'm going to go to sleep soon so I'll get around to the actual sorting of things tomorrow but I'll spend the exp and get to drafting the Gemworld Omake. It'll probably take a bit to arrive but I will get it done. Thank you for your patience.

Some of these characters have a better life currently, and others are still sticking to their origins because we haven't done much with them, or its just their personality flaws kicking in. Here's my thoughts on some.
Katherine Kane: Bruce Wayne's cousin, a prominent lesbian character and the superheroine Batwoman. Has family issues between a dead mother, a presumed dead sister and a father whom she has a mixed relationship with.
I feel that we could easily boost her martial in the training room, she has a high potential that hasn't been realized yet.

Rebecca Carstairs: A magic user/superheroine who operated under the name "Witchfire" who was also a pop star, actress and model.
I wanted to say that her Diplomacy is low in quest, but the description for her stat reads "that the public has all started to turn on her has left her a little depressed causing her people skills to falter a little", so that makes sense. She would have been a decent Diplomacy hero otherwise.

Karl Helfern: One of the first Batman villains ever created, operating under the alias "Dr. Death". Often dealt with various biological works but in his new 52 version, he was pretty explicitly a scientist interested in bone growth who wished to reinvent himself after the death of his son and turned himself into a terrifying bone monster.
If he can make a version that is malleable, reversible (to an extent) and doesn't make people run in terror, then he's free to test it on himself all he wants. At least he's getting to that point rather than jumping into a prototype version and getting stuck that way (like Vertigo's soldiers).

Mari McCabe: A superheroine who is often on the Justice League who operates under the name "Vixen" and draws open the power of an object called the "Tantu Totem" to grant herself the qualities/capabilities of various animals. Is originally from the fictional country of Zambesi and was involved in ending a dictatorship there.
Her Martial has been boosted like crazy, but I still think we should do the learning action for the Tantu Totem, before someone else taps into that power and we scramble to figure out what it is. Or worse they find a way to benefit from it before us.

Edward Nygma: The supervillain known as the Riddler. Edward Nygma had an abusive father who ended up instilling in him an obsession both with puzzles and riddles, and with being smarter than everyone else. Riddler is also often given computer skills and in the DCAU he was a former programmer who got cheated by his boss. Riddler generally tangles with Batman and is considered one of his smarter foes, but is also often undone by his compulsion to leave clues behind.
@King crimson Does Nygma still want to make games? Can we put him on the action to make videogames or improve them?

• Vivian D'Aramis: One of the two people to take up the mantle of the superheroine Crimson Fox. Vivian had superstrength and pheromone control and was spurred into becoming a superheroine after their parents were killed by a shady CEO of a pharmaceutical company. In the comics Vivian was killed by a supervillain.
  • Constance D'Aramis: Has basically the same backstory as her sister and while she did take up the mantle solo following her sister's death, she was eventually killed by the supervillain known as Mist.
Another two heroines with high potential, but unlike Katherine they are doing great with their twin boost on Stewardship actions so no need for martial training. We may want to boost Constance's learning (currently 14) if we want to put them on learning actions to improve their results when making pharmaceuticals. Boost their knowledge in biology or chemistry and they'll get better results.

Eve Eden: Eve is a magic user who lost her brother to demons and since sought to get even. She initially attempted to work solo, before then going on to work with the Suicide Squad and then later teaming up and forming her own team of magic users known as Shadowpact of which she was a key member.
We need to get started on her revenge plan soon, learning about demons and learning to kill demons are two actions we have, we don't want to lose coop for not acting on it, she's giving us another action currently.

Arthur Villain: Arthur Villain is a Steel villain and is a smug prick who thinks he's smarter than he is, hiring Steel on when his identity was publicly known, as a publicity stunt while also working as a supervillain. Arthur Villain created a high tech suit which he gave to one of his minions who became the supervillain Skorpio and served as his bodyguard.
Good to know that Arthur can work on things like the exosuit or tech armors, bad that he'd probably sell the info to the highest bidder beneath our noses.

Wait the Church of Blood is a Trigon cult?

More seriously though yes, the Church of Blood has been revealed to be a Trigon cult in several continuities and the mention of them having a "divine figure" rather than just worshipping Brother Blood himself strongly suggest that that is the case here as well.

Also @King crimson while we're on the subject, is the Church of Blood based in Zandia here or just some random European country?
Enoch Brown: Another DCAU original Enoch Brown is a supervillain known as "Farmer Brown", though he's more of a mad scientist then a conventional villain. He created a formula to make giant mutated animals and when the city rejected him for making animals too big and dangerous, he unleashed a swarm of monstrous animals on the city, before attempting to hold it for ransom with monster praying mantises. He also had a daughter he gave limited super-strength and toughness through a beef steroid derivative substance.
I know this isn't meant to be exhaustive or anything but I do think it's worth mentioning that his formula seemingly was perfectly safe and humane, the only problem was all the flashing lights from the journalists scaring a giant sheep and causing it to panic. Iirc nobody even got hurt.

More seriously though yes, the Church of Blood has been revealed to be a Trigon cult in several continuities and the mention of them having a "divine figure" rather than just worshipping Brother Blood himself strongly suggest that that is the case here as well.
In that case i'm all for crushing them as fast as possible since i doubt well be able to take control of them and insert Raven as the new figure of worship

Now that i think about it are there any cults that worship Raven or any of Trigon's other children?

Last edited:
In that case i'm all for crushing them as fast as possible since i doubt well be able to take control of them and insert Raven as the new figure of worship

Now that i think about it are there any cults that worship Raven or any of Trigon's other children?
Iirc there was at least one time the Church of Blood started worshipping Raven but I think that was a trap? As for her brothers I don't think so other than the big names like Belial.

It's also really not worth pursuing anything like that IMO since it risks making her too similar to her father.

@King crimson Does Nygma still want to make games? Can we put him on the action to make videogames or improve them?
Nygma isn't particularly invested in making games. You can put him on the action and he'll do it, but it's not something he's super passionate about or invested in.
Also @King crimson while we're on the subject, is the Church of Blood based in Zandia here or just some random European country?
I'll say right now that they're primarily based out of Hungary.
I've only watched two incarnations of the Brother Blood character. One was in the Teen Titans tv show where he was more of a enemy of cyborg then a trigon cultist. And then there was DC Universe Online where...
I've said this before but Brother Blood's weird as shit as he has a complex history. For a start the OG Brother Blood people read about was the 8th Brother Blood and in 2004 (around the same time the cartoon version debuted) he was killed and replaced by his son. In the New 52 continuity, Brother Blood is less of a Raven or Cyborg focused enemy and instead is more of a challenge for Beast Boy due to Brother Blood being retooled as being obsessed with the Red (which Beast Boy's powers line up with). In the Arrowverse, IIRC Brother Blood had no connection to the Titans and instead was involved in politics and used drugs to give people superstrength/toughness

The DC Universe Online version of Brother Blood is actually likely a way toned down version of the ninth Brother Blood. Comics Brother Blood 9 abducted Raven, declared her his "sister-wife" and intended to forcibly impregnate Raven with his child who would go on to cleanse the nonbelievers. There's more beyond that but I've made my point.

Edit: I do want to point out that I called the Brother Blood you've encountered in quest "Sebastian Blood the eighth". I think that's a relevant consideration before you start figuring out how you want to deal with him.

Last edited:
I'll say right now that they're primarily based out of Hungary.
Hmm, in that case it might be worth asking Vertigo if he knows anything about them given Vlatava's relative proximity.

Also that does remind me @King crimson if we agree to serve as an intermediary for the negotiations between Vlatava and Markovia would we need to take an action for that or would it happen automatically as an event?
Edit: I do want to point out that I called the Brother Blood you've encountered in quest "Sebastian Blood the eighth". I think that's a relevant consideration before you start figuring out how you want to deal with him.
In that case we have to worry less about him planning to kidnap Raven and more about him trying to steal a prison and kidnap a million infants.

You know, normal things.

Putting a Zeta Beam Station in Vlatava's LexCorp building would be bad for PR due to their current war, but it would be excellent for moving around test subjects to or from Bialya, or sending people captured in the US to Vertigo for his testing with Quixium.

In that case we have to worry less about him planning to kidnap Raven and more about him trying to steal a prison and kidnap a million infants.

You know, normal things.
Yeah if he's not a Trigon cultist or is going to be targeting us pre-emptively then this looks like a job to foist on someone else. Tell Queen Bee and see how to proceed from there. Ideally the most antagonistic we should get is snitching to the government and lend some of our superheros to the crackdown.

Yeah if he's not a Trigon cultist or is going to be targeting us pre-emptively then this looks like a job to foist on someone else. Tell Queen Bee and see how to proceed from there. Ideally the most antagonistic we should get is snitching to the government and lend some of our superheros to the crackdown.
I think you misunderstand, he is still almost certainly a Trigon cultist along with the rest of his church. He's just not quite as terrible a person as Brother Blood IX or at least he has different priorities.

I'd also argue that whether they're a Trigon cult or not they would still make a good first target for our superhero team what with them being a multinational cult/villain factory that practices human sacrifice.

Last edited:
So I figured I'd share a small update with people as to how things are going. The fanart omake should be arriving sometime before the 24th. Following that I won't be working on the quest much from the 24th to the 28th due to IRL going to attend a friend's wedding. Following that I intend to get the results part 3 up and running. Following that I'll be getting the Gemworld omake and the results part 4 done in very quick succession.

I may also just do stuff I think is fun at random times and I'm happy to engage in conversation or answer questions. Thank you all for your patience.

Where could we fight crime abroad to eliminate Kobra assets based on the intel Queen Bee has provided to Lexcorp?
Assuming I understood correctly, Queen Bee's mostly been passing to you that they're still active in the Middle East. Egypt, Jordan and Syria are all countries you could got to try and fight crime abroad in to eliminate Kobra assets. Those are the countries you could try and crack down on crime in to try and eliminate Kobra from them.
Would learning necromancy let us interrogate ghost's or recruit historical hero units? Also on a semi related note could we use the super computer to help locate the missing pieces of the Murder Machine?
Learning necromancy would let you interrogate ghosts, 100% no questions asked about it. As for recruiting historical hero units, that's a little more of a mixed bag. Many historical figures would need stats and characterization designed from the ground up (I have no idea how the fuck Kublai Khan or Virginia Woolf or Amerigo Vespucci might feel/act on a lot of subjects) and on top of that there'd probably be some degree of restriction to the kinds of actions they could take.

Tentatively, I'm fine with the recruitment of historical figures as hero units through sufficiently advanced necromancy but some things are off limits and are contextual. Generally your safer with older figures and if it's not actively blasphemy to some religion to have a depiction of them (Maybe I'm a coward but Jesus, Siddhartha Gautama, Mohammad and the like will not be appearing in the quest).

Finally, the super computer could be used to help locate the missing pieces of the Murder Machine.

@King crimson few questions from me too then.

Would our recent advances in LMD allow us to start selling them as workers/ service/secretary robots ? Them being stupid/ not fully capable of imitating human behavior at this stage seems like a plus, since selling even more human like robots will run into all kinds of ethical issues. I think currently we have only produce combat and decoy robots stewardship options available, and no worker robots, unless I missed it.

Also would army be interested in buying from us giant battle robots, for intimidation purposes if nothing else?

Also a bit unrelated but how is remote working possibilities in LexCorp? Would it be possible to improve them and would it help with recruiting people or poaching people from Wayne Enterprises (by reducing the need to travel between cities)

@King crimson few questions from me too then.

Would our recent advances in LMD allow us to start selling them as workers/ service/secretary robots ? Them being stupid/ not fully capable of imitating human behavior at this stage seems like a plus, since selling even more human like robots will run into all kinds of ethical issues. I think currently we have only produce combat and decoy robots stewardship options available, and no worker robots, unless I missed it.

Also would army be interested in buying from us giant battle robots, for intimidation purposes if nothing else?

Also a bit unrelated but how is remote working possibilities in LexCorp? Would it be possible to improve them and would it help with recruiting people or poaching people from Wayne Enterprises (by reducing the need to travel between cities)
I'm pretty sure most of our expressed interest has been in hiding the existence of LMDs and using them for frame jobs and expendable patsies, rather than selling them to anyone, with the exception of robot conversion of course.

We just had a success in improving combat robots. We'll no doubt be selling those, likely as part of our sell close to home action.

Generally speaking the LMD advances would not be sufficient to start selling them as workers/service/secretary bots in most fields. To give you some context as to how stupid they are, they cannot respond organically to voices or actions, their routines need to be programmed or the machines need to be manually controlled.

Literally any job that requires talking/interacting with humans, or improvising is beyond their current ability. Hypothetically you could program a shit ton of responses based off of variants to try and imitate improvisation but that's not at all practical when you'd need to pay someone more to do that then you could spend just paying a worker.
Yes most armies would be very interested in buying giant battle robots from LexCorp. It's a very easy sell.
So remote work isn't something I'm tracking nor is it something I particularly want to get into. I don't see much value in including it as a gameplay element as I think it would just add needless complexity to things.

As for story? This isn't canon but I would say that the "remote work possibilities" in LexCorp are much, much worse than Wayne Enterprises. While both companies keep secrets, LexCorp is notably incredibly paranoid with its projects and security and as such the company (and by extension Lex) doesn't want people not showing up to work as that's where all of the observation and defenses are placed. I don't see LexCorp fundamentally improving its remote work capabilities without also making it significantly easier to commit corporate espionage against them.

Edit: Stuff like the DIR becomes massively less useful if you cannot force all the relevant people into the office to start watching one another. LexCorp is very much built on a culture of no remote work if at all possible.

Edit #2:The quest is also getting close to being in an alternate 2000s (the quest started in an alternate 90s and by turn 40 it'll have been ten years since the start of the quest). Remote work opportunities are generally significantly worse than they are now IRL pretty much across the board.

Last edited:
King crimson, I like that you indirectly (by saying that it's possible that we will play as Demon!Lex after his death) said that Lex will land in Hell after his death

Maybe Quest!Lex is one of more (relatively) "benevolent" versions of Lex Luthor, but he is still people-exploiting CEO of Corporation, that willingly works with criminals and terrorists.

I was thinking of selling customizeable waifus, rendering the prostitution industry obsolete.

Not much different from real life actually. Also more vectors for our spyware.

Back