Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
So basically we chose what elemental multiplier Sixiang would give in the future and we chose wind, seems like a waste to me unless we get a whole lot more wind arts.

Interesting; that's dramatically different from many settings and not what I'd thought was going on.
We have been getting told recently that qi is Qi, and that it's the dross of the world that has changed it into its various states. This ideology plays well with the explanation behind Meridian crunching and how arts are formed, in that there are a thousand ways to dig the channels of power to get the same result.

@yrsillar I think the Skill xp from Turn 2 - End is still missing on the frontpage.
and the SL advancement for Sixiang and Suyin too

Last edited:
Cheerfuls Accompaniment: C
When Ling Qi activates a non damaging music or wind art, if Sixiang has not already acted that turn, they may activate this technique and enhance one parameter of the art significantly. Valid parameters are Hit, Effect, Duration, or Resist

Action economy and buff at the same time. Looks like we're going to become even more of a monster in combat.

Also Sixiang can talk using wind now :) . I predict many shenanigans in our future.
We should totally present them to our friends and family.

Edit: I'm mistaken there is no action economy, "just" qi preservation.

Last edited:
Even though wind isnt what I voted for I'm quite happy with how this turned out, and especially that Qi is improving her dancing.

O wait, if sixiang can manipulate the wind into sound she can be the musical accompaniment while we dance. Hmm, this has potential.

Last edited:
That was a nice event.

On the bonus side, Wind based stealth arts just became even more attractive. We can do a lot with extended duration, increased effects or making things harder to resist. Audacious Fairy's lark and Ephememal Night's memory combined with Sixang would be just downright nasty, ghost through a base stealing people's items and forcing them to forget they saw a thing.

I want to learn these and go base raiding so badly. I think Six would probably enjoy it too.

She should be able to. She can also pretend to be Ling Qi when we are sleeping. Oh wait, she can't.
The only problem is the sleeping bit. Otherwise...

Cai: How does this dress look Ling Qi?
LQ:I think it looks wonderful.
Six: Wonderful like a melon, Mistress Cai.
LQ: (AGH! SIX!)
Cai: Hrmm, perhaps you are right...Then this one?
LQ: it'd make an excellent companion to my own robe.
Six: And makes you look like an irrepressible peacock!
LQ: (SIXANG STOPPIT!)
Cai: Well, I suppose there's nothing wrong with the classic...
LQ (Nope, I'm not feeding you any more lines Six!)
Six (It's fiiine, I thought the classic was good too. relax Ling Qi!)
Cai: Yes, I'm going with the classic white with golden trim, thank you for your assistance Ling Qi.

Shenanigans like this are soon to be a thing, I'm sure.

Oh, Wind was a terrible idea. I feel bad for Ling Qi (or, well, will feel bad for her as soon as Six gets her into trouble).
I wonder if Darkness would have given Six a shadow to play around with.

Edit: Just to be clear, I think it's gonna be hilarious. Terrible ideas are wont to be so.

Last edited:
Heh, if we went shadow maybe Six could control our shadow? Just wave at everyone we walk past, all the double-takes...

Damn, could have also shipped them with Meizhens murdershadow. Oh well.

I wonder what water or wood would have gotten us. I have an image of Six making a body of water after hours of effort, ecstatic excitement, opening her mouth to cheer then realising she can't talk as burbles come out.

Heh, if we went shadow maybe Six could control our shadow? Just wave at everyone we walk past, all the double-takes...

Damn, could have also shipped them with Meizhens murdershadow. Oh well.

I wonder what water or wood would have gotten us. I have an image of Six making a body of water after hours of effort, ecstatic excitement, opening her mouth to cheer then realising she can't talk as burbles come out.
Water I think might manifest as like...Ink manipulations and whatnot- and Ling Qi would get into painting things.
Wood...>_> <_<...Vitality is another term for life...And uhh....Leeeet's just say that would do some interesting things for Ling Qi... and possibly revive a snek's dashed hopes! Or maybe just lets Sixang manipulate paper or wooden training swords...No it's probably the embarrassing thing.

Tch, it was our chance to get Dark cultivation multiplier (i was right in that) and we missed it. I have nothing against Wind, it was second for me, but feel like we still partially waste rare opportunity.
Oh well, next month we just need need to ask Zeqing if she has Arts with added Wind tag. ;)

Tch, it was our chance to get Dark cultivation multiplier (i was right in that) and we missed it. I have nothing against Wind, it was second for me, but feel like we still partially waste rare opportunity.
Oh well, next month we just need need to ask Zeqing if she has Arts with added Wind tag. ;)
We might end up taking the Zeqing trial this turn. Which is a Darkness trial so we might get some Way bonus for darkness there.

Now that Six has a wind tag AFL and ENM just got pretty big buffs.
Lark is going to be great
So, Here are the arts affected by this change:

First the sad:
  • Thousand Rings Fortress (-.1) (Wood being removed).
  • Storm Enduring Seedling (-.1)(Wood being removed).
  • Imperturbable Manor's Hearth (-.1) (Wood being removed).
  • Forgotten Vale Melody (-.1) (Water being removed).
  • Frozen Soul Serenade (-.1) (Water being removed).
  • Curious Diviners Eye (-.1) (Water being removed).
Then the good:
  • Harmony of the Dancing Wind (+.2) (Wind).
  • Ephemeral Nights Memory (+.2) (Wind).
  • Audacious Fairy's Lark (+.2) (Wind).
  • Mysterious Night's Obscurity (+.2) (Wind).
  • Darting Labyrinth Shadow (+.2) (Wind).
Now, of those TRF is slightly annoying, and we should be more than safe for FSS/SES in the short term (and later on the wood bonus will hopefully be countered somewhere). FVM is a bit of a bad timing for this turn, but thankfully we had something like +60xp from omake points, so it should be fine.

For the good, HDW doesn't really matter in the short term, and it won't help in the long term either AP wise (though will give some nice overflow). However, ENM and MNO would both heavily benefit, and AFL would be much less unwieldy to learn too.

The big thing though are the new tech of Sixiangs.
Phantasmal Revel's Regret's: C
Releasing a pulse of chaotic qi into the environment at Close range to Ling Qi, Sixiang disrupts the flows and constructs of their foes. Soaking their meridians in qi designed to emulate the fogging effects of heavy inebriation, she causes their control to of their techniques to slip. Attempts to dispel a single effect on up to five enemies within range.

Passage of Rustling Breeze: C
Duration: Long
Grasping the flows of the wind, Sixiang dulls sounds and the rippling wake of their binders qi, enhancing stealth and spiritual avoid. At increased cost, this effect may extend to cover the area Near Ling Qi.

Cheerful Muse's Accompaniment: C
When Ling Qi activates a non damaging music or wind art, if Sixiang has not already acted that turn, they may activate this technique and enhance one parameter of the art significantly. Valid parameters are Hit, Effect, Duration, or Resist
PSB needs no real comment, but Cheerful Muse's Accompaniment could potentially be used to boost our Toaster, or more likely be useful for perception/stealth techs.

However, Phantasmal Revel's Regret's is especially noteworthy: our current 'big boom' project is to use a Toaster just before a big damage tech. However, our Toaster works for our allies too, and a PRR toasted would have very good odds of working on enemy B rank buffs. This basically means Ling Qi going (Toaster) => Sixiang dispelling buffs => Ling Qi doing enormous booms on opponents that have no defences.

First the sad:
  • Thousand Rings Fortress (-.1) (Wood being removed).
  • Storm Enduring Seedling (-.1)(Wood being removed).
  • Imperturbable Manor's Hearth (-.1) (Wood being removed).
  • Forgotten Vale Melody (-.1) (Water being removed).
  • Frozen Soul Serenade (-.1) (Water being removed).
  • Curious Diviners Eye (-.1) (Water being removed).
Then the good:
  • Harmony of the Dancing Wind (+.2) (Wind).
  • Ephemeral Nights Memory (+.2) (Wind).
  • Audacious Fairy's Lark (+.2) (Wind).
  • Mysterious Night's Obscurity (+.2) (Wind).
  • Darting Labyrinth Shadow (+.2) (Wind).
The best:
  • Ashen Shadow Art (+.2) (Wind).

Back