Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
So are the fourth, fifth, etc realms also documented and unclassified that anyone can pick them up from a library and obtain some foresight?
Starting from Cyan, the cultivation Stones start to be National Assets (ie. you can't really buy them from normal markets). So, I can't see the realm documents being publicly available. On the other hand, are there any libraries, or is it more of a "you found yourself here. You are worthy to peruse the library".

[X] Su Ling was doing well already, she had already turned her blood to her own purposes. Why waste something you had already stolen? Wasn't it a better revenge to use your enemy's tools against them?

Once you have, there is no going back. All cultivation beyond the Third is the continuing construction of an ideal form from your mortal self, all the way unto ascension.

I really like this metaphor. It's a nice counterpoint to the mutilation perspective and feels equally applicable. Maybe we can get some more of these in the future? Distillation of self into a purer form... stuff like that.

There is also the fact that as you rise in realms, the less people have made it there. The less documented cases, the harder it is for actual comprehensive explanations. 3rd realm IS the threshold from which the average croud doesn't rise past. Anyone past it likely has their own private writings on it, or has followed directions of someone else who guided them, but I doubt there will be much data dedicated to aking info about it publicly accessible.

If we speculate about prism or white cultivation, I find it most likely that the majority of papers describing how it works will be lower realm people theorizing, based on limited evidence, rather than, say "Hello everyone, this is Cai Senhua, and in my recently published, freely available autobiography, I've described in detail how White cultivation works. It comes with a set of tips and tricks that explain how I got this strong, in so little time. May it help you get up to my level, too!"

First, because I doubt those high in power are interested in ascension becoming TOO easy for their possible competitors, but also because at these points, they are barely human anymore, and assisting fellow people could easily be the furthest thing in their minds, and don't even dedicate a single thought to sharing their findings with the world as they progress. Why would they, when thehy could spend that attention into further progressing?

Last edited:
There is also the fact that as you rise in realms, the less people have made it there. The less documented cases, the harder it is for actual comprehensive explanations. 3rd realm IS the threshold from which the average croud doesn't rise past. Anyone past it likely has their own private writings on it, or has followed directions of someone else who guided them, but I doubt there will be much data dedicated to aking info about it publicly accessible.

If we speculate about prism or white cultivation, I find it most likely that the majority of papers describing how it works will be lower realm people theorizing, based on limited evidence, rather than, say "Hello everyone, this is Cai Senhua, and in my recently published, freely available autobiography, I've described in detail how White cultivation works. May it help you get up to my level, too!"

First, because I doubt those high in power are interested in ascension becoming TOO easy for their possible competitors, but also because at these points, they are barely human anymore, and assisting fellow people could easily be the furthest thing in their minds, and don't even dedicate a single thought to sharing their findings with the world as they progress. Why would they, when thehy could spend that attention into further progressing?
That's one more advantage of Ducal clans, legacy

I'm just gonna say one thing:

The thread doesn't know much more than Ling Qi herself does. The argument that we the questers "read her wrong" is kinda disingenuous when the only thing we know that Ling Qi doesn't here is the exact circumstances surrounding Su Ling's breakthrough.

It's not as if either we the questers, or Ling Qi the character had any reason to suspect this issue would crop up again like this, let alone so dramatically. So...yeah.

I'm just gonna say one thing:

The thread doesn't know much more than Ling Qi herself does. The argument that we the questers "read her wrong" is kinda disingenuous when the only thing we know that Ling Qi doesn't here is the exact circumstances surrounding Su Ling's breakthrough.

It's not as if either we the questers, or Ling Qi the character had any reason to suspect this issue would crop up again like this, let alone so dramatically. So...yeah.

This cuts both ways, we also never had any basis to assume that it was solved. It's not like she was any less determined to hunt down her mom

I think the fundamental issue that we have here is that we don't know how Su Ling is feeling here.

Is this self-mutilation born of hate? Is this an affirmation of whom she wants to be?

We simply don't know enough to definitively say, and we're guessing. Alternatively, how Su Ling feels is actually a black box, and our answer will be the determination for how she's feeling right now. I don't know if ys writes that way or not, but I've seen it elsewhere.

Has anyone calculated what is the expected number of greens in our cohort who will progress past the third realm? I know the sect is a bit "cream of the crop", but I am assuming a significant number will stop at the third realm, and few will progress pass the fourth.

Oh, and I am abstaining from the vote. Don't feel comformtable either way.

@Sentorian , please, I appreciate having you here, please let this go until they pick it up again. You know I agree with you- but I don't want to see you get reckless and get moderated when I think you were in the right to begin with.

no, Option 2 is "ok you can go do surgery, be safe"... literally

So, contradicting my argument about option one, and supporting your contradiction with an argument about option two.

Both of the options are recommending a course of action.

So. I'm going to ignore you going forwards. You don't argue in good faith, and you are very verbally aggressive about it.

[] Su Ling was doing well already, she had already turned her blood to her own purposes. Why waste something you had already stolen? Wasn't it a better revenge to use your enemy's tools against them?

[] If Su Ling truly desired to rid herself of her mother's traits, so be it. She hoped Su Ling would be careful and seek advice and help if she was going to undertake such a project though.

I can't believe I'm letting myself get baited into this, but it might be clarifying for others I guess.

Option 1 is keep the enemy's tool. The tool is her body and her bloodline arts.

Option 2 is discard the enemy's tool if it does not suit who you really want to be. Please do this carefully.

Has anyone calculated what is the expected number of greens in our cohort who will progress past the third realm? I know the sect is a bit "cream of the crop", but I am assuming a significant number will stop at the third realm, and few will progress pass the fourth.

Oh, and I am abstaining from the vote. Don't feel comformtable either way.

Thank you for adding something new to the thread . Truthfully prob most of them given enough time , this comes from ling Qi having a general habit of hanging out with rich rich ducal and high lv nobles as well as really talented individuals. You'll see there aren't really any fan yu lv ppl we consistently hang out with ( keeping in mind fan yu despite what it seems like is doing pretty ok and is generally the average for most nobles )

Suyin is doing pretty good and is already grabbing the attention of the sect and even leading a brand new field, she'll prob be slower because crafting takes time out of her own cultivation schedule but access to esoteric recourses and possible sect elder apprenticeship means she has a high chance of getting there .

The ducal are pretty much guaranteed

Han Jian and han fang seem to be doing good

Su ling is questionable but she'll need to be cyan + to fight her mom so narratively it's a /shrug

Explain to me where option 2 recommends a course of action rather than simply says "do what you want"
[] If Su Ling truly desired to rid herself of her mother's traits, so be it. She hoped Su Ling would be careful and seek advice and help if she was going to undertake such a project though.
No explicit advice. Accepting Su Ling's desires and a hope she'll be cautious and seek advice if she goes through with it. That LQ will recommend seeking advice is just as likely as that she'll say "do what you want".

@Sentorian , please, I appreciate having you here, please let this go until they pick it up again. You know I agree with you- but I don't want to see you get reckless and get moderated when I think you were in the right to begin with.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's not like I've been very worth defending and frankly I'm beyond the point of caring about getting moderated. I'm just not in the mood to let Yue condescendingly argue in bad faith or break thread rules and backtrack it without anyone calling her out on her bullshit. Or let kinigget lecture me about engagement and deflections and then post counter-arguments as a general threadwide PSA and post and delete replies to me. Or Eternal Observer call me out specifically as the one who needs let it go minutes after a kinigget post and call it placation. Cede has already mentioned how they are sharing tips on how to ignore me on the discord, I'm sure they can find a mod in their little club there to ban me already if they want.

Edit: setting the over under on "martyr complex" comments at 2, place your bets.

Last edited:
Warning: let us stop cultivating our anger
let us stop cultivating our anger Aight, this is the deal.

It's 7:152531am in the morning, I've nearly arrived at work, and almost half the current report queue is from this thread alone.

I am very close to locking the thread until I get home—9 and a half hours from now—so I can deal with all of this. Especially since it just keeps going no matter how many people suggest it might be time to stop, as the memes put it.

So I'm gonna be real with y'all: please chill out so I don't have to spend my lunch break in a few hours locking this thread and dealing with even more reports than there already are instead of continuing to go AAAAAAAAA with my friends 'cause Arknights just announced 6-star Radiant Nearl, yeah? I promise you this argument is less important than the fact she looks hella sick.

tl;dr keep calm and do not continue to carry on.

[X] Su Ling was doing well already, she had already turned her blood to her own purposes. Why waste something you had already stolen? Wasn't it a better revenge to use your enemy's tools against them?

[X]"Do you hate it because of it's link to your Mother, or do you hate it because it's wrong for you."

[X] If Su Ling truly desired to rid herself of her mother's traits, so be it. She hoped Su Ling would be careful and seek advice and help if she was going to undertake such a project though.

Back