Yeah, we're pretty much trying to invent GaoGaiGar here. All we're lacking is an ability to produce G-Stones and a database of alien technology delivered on a mechanoid lion.

It does amuse me though that even GaoGaiGar's original blueprint still had a bunch of sub-units, it's just that they were animal-based like Galeon was instead of vehicle based. The back unit being some kind of robo-bird instead of a stealth bomber for instance.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're pretty much trying to invent GaoGaiGar here. All we're lacking is an ability to produce G-Stones and a database of alien technology delivered on a mechanoid lion.

It does amuse me though that even GaoGaiGar's original blueprint still had a bunch of sub-units, it's just that they were animal-based like Galeon was instead of vehicle based. The back unit being some kind of robo-bird instead of a stealth bomber for instance.

Yeah, we HAD the option to pick up a G-Stone equivalent, but people decided we wanted Psychic powers instead.

Granted, word of QM has said that we may have the option of picking it up later down the line...Maybe as a Mid-Season Upgrade.

.Maybe as a Mid-Season Upgrade.

And I stand by that. Don't think for a moment that Westphalia, the Kausen or the kaiju are the only threats that exist in this setting. :p

One more note!

I will hold off on the interlude until you all choose which vehicle you chose to make for the Air Defense Force. I'll call that vote in a few hours and write the interlude tonight, or tomorrow morning

Edit: Looks like two or so votes for the V-33 TMU, and one for the Viking (long before anyone could give their life for Aiur). Any other votes or takers for additional options?
Adhoc vote count started by Basarin on May 17, 2018 at 4:57 PM
This vote count is in an error state, please contact support

Adhoc vote count started by Basarin on May 17, 2018 at 4:58 PM
This vote count is in an error state, please contact support

Last edited:
Siege Chopper would be easier, since it's less "armored vehicle" and more "mobile artillery".

IT's also simple enough that they could make it as a spare project.

I think what we should give the air Force is something like a rapid response vehicle, considering they haven't even been able to show up to the fight before it's over yet. As such, something like a helicopter<->high speed (at least mach 4 or 5, I figure) recon plane would be good, with the ability to carry some armament (not necessarily much, but enough to do something once it shows up.

Luckily for you that's the current option voted for.

Life conspires to throw curveballs at me

Carry on agent, hold strong!

All the while, their predecessors continued to outshine them and were vastly preferred to the 'successors' leaving the new models languishing.

The "Apple product" effect!

asaki protests it…but not too much, you notice. Just enough officially on record to show that she did. You don't draw conclusions from it just yet, but it's interesting to see.

Is she obliged to oficially protest every two weeks or what?

hen the sergeant in charge of linking the pad(s) to the road network asked, why not create a gate section and create a dirt runway to accommodate both fixed wing and vertical take-off?

Even the minor NPCs are going crazy!

"Well, yeah," Katarina says with a shrug. The avatar she chose to adopt w

Isn't that Roll from Megaman?

A few of the servers have started developing their own independent code sequences," Ignatov says. Scratching the side of his head – you could swear there's more gray in there than brown now – he says, "They are very similar to Katarina's code, but there is no sign of any meaningful sequences."

Oh dear, our AI accidentally created extra AIs. In a locked environment.
This will be a problem once they run out of space.

"Number Two: I do not want anyone trying to dance the Robot when linked to the frames! The next person who does that gets to help the Engineers. You don't want to be a volunteer for the Engineers. They've been watching old cartoons for new ideas, and you might get to 'help.'"

Yay, is that a reference to my omake? Thankfully it should be okay as long as they don't watch Evangelion. Right??

"Don't know for sure. Right now, I don't care. What I do care about is that we've established that I can now grow kaiju samples." The remaining part of the sample, still encased in its chamber, looms above both of you. "It can't destroy itself anymore, so I went and warmed it up to just below room temperature in preservation liquid."

The Mad Scientist vibes increase!

We're making Transformers. Sentient machines, with an old cartoon sense of justice. Combine that with the Kaiju scales we could even go Beast Morphers if we wanted to.

Extra funny with the Krauser being expies. These machiens have a pilot though, unless we go with the EVA route and create cyborg transforming machines.
Traumatized childs as the pilots might probably not be a good idea though.

@HeavyBane,

I did use Roll from MegaMan Legends, yes.

Also, Sasaki is obligated to protest. You'll note that since you're dealing with her old boss, that is especially true.

On a side note, hunting around for mecha artists to get a commission or two from. We'll see how that goes, but this'll probably be awhile before you see original art for this thing. You're more likely to see art of the characters before the Super Robots.

Last edited:
The kaiju sample actually having tangible uses is great but I'm more worried about the fact that Basarin is basically telling us that there are other baddies that have not been noticed yet and that Sheol probably has a mysterious unknown backer or some other source for his bio engineered bullshit.

Yeah, but that's why it's best to keep studying that shit and get it caught up with the rest of our projects.

My biggest concern is that we have nothing weaponizable. Variable config is a cute trick but it doesn't really bring additional firepower to the table. Same with AI. So we need something from Psi or the Kaiju stuff needs to come through. Psi doesn't really seem like it's going towards even personal-level firepower anytime soon, so that just leaves Kaiju stuff.

To balance that, you have plenty of tools to work with.

And though more awareness of you is increasing, not enough that people classify you as a threat at this time (you haven't had that much visibility YET).

Now, weapons haven't been a thing just yet because the focus was on getting the Super Robot idea to work first. I can safely say the Super Robot project now has some fundamental principles fully nailed down (get the basic frames down and see what's possible before you think about what it can support, yeah?). Now you can start to add the extra bits.

That said, I do appreciate the feedback. You'll be getting new tools to research soon, worry not.

The kaiju sample actually having tangible uses is great but I'm more worried about the fact that Basarin is basically telling us that there are other baddies that have not been noticed yet and that Sheol probably has a mysterious unknown backer or some other source for his bio engineered bullshit.

Having increasing scale of villains is common in all SR shows, so not surprising.

. Psi doesn't really seem like it's going towards even personal-level firepower anytime soon, s

Not that it would be useful against mecha-scale enemies.

That said, I do appreciate the feedback. You'll be getting new tools to research soon, worry not.

That reminds me: How does humanity know about the name "Kausen" if these aliens always try to leave no evidence behind? Was there a first-contact declaration of war or something? Was the name given by the first person who investigated this?
Also, related to that: What is humanity's space-capable weaponry/craft, if any?

I vote for the V-33 Transforming Multipurpose Unit (unofficially TMU, pronounced Tea-Moo) as written up by @Pred1059 here.

My biggest concern is that we have nothing weaponizable. Variable config is a cute trick but it doesn't really bring additional firepower to the table. Same with AI. So we need something from Psi or the Kaiju stuff needs to come through. Psi doesn't really seem like it's going towards even personal-level firepower anytime soon, so that just leaves Kaiju stuff.
You're talking toppings before we've even made the pizza base. Let the dough settle, we need something for the toppings to rest on. No one wants to eat pizza that flakes in their hands, no matter how good the pepperoni is.

Am I making anyone else hungry with my pizza analogy?

Having increasing scale of villains is common in all SR shows, so not surprising.

Not that it would be useful against mecha-scale enemies.

That reminds me: How does humanity know about the name "Kausen" if these aliens always try to leave no evidence behind? Was there a first-contact declaration of war or something? Was the name given by the first person who investigated this?
Also, related to that: What is humanity's space-capable weaponry/craft, if any?

The Kausen do relay demands to surrender cargo. That's the only real form of communications they receive. Auto translation along the lines of 'We are the Kausen, heave to and surrender your cargo.' Besides that, nothing.

Also, humanity was just about to look into manned missions to the Asteroid Belt and Jupiter when the craziness kicked off.

@CoreBrute, Combination pizza please.

Last edited:
You're talking toppings before we've even made the pizza base. Let the dough settle, we need something for the toppings to rest on. No one wants to eat pizza that flakes in their hands, no matter how good the pepperoni is.

Am I making anyone else hungry with my pizza analogy?

Joke's on you, I just had Pizza for dinner.

Wait wasn't the whole point of studying psionics to assist the pilot in controlling the robot? So it's not supposed to be used directly in combat but rather as a supportive skill to enhance combat prowess.

Hmm, weapons...

I wonder if small pure fusion devices that are used to pump an x-ray laser would be viable.

Wait wasn't the whole point of studying psionics to assist the pilot in controlling the robot? So it's not supposed to be used directly in combat but rather as a supportive skill to enhance combat prowess.
Small scale, probably.

Ramp it up with advanced psionics (unlikely within the next 3~4 generations) or advanced psionic amplifiers (somewhere down the Psionics Research line), and we might have T-LINK KNUCKLES and T-LINK CRUSHER SWORDS flying about.

And on a separate note, all we need now is a perpetual power source to produce the AI1 from SRW MX.
We've already got advanced metamaterials and a learning AI after all.

Unless I see additional votes or choices, looks like the TMU wins. Interlude will follow. Unless you all would like more time?

I'm admittedly eager to get typing. :p

Last edited:
Wait we were supposed to be voting for the vehicle choice? I don't really care what we give General Curious George since he's kinda been a dick about all of this but aren't we basically just voting to give him a VTOL? I would have thought that in 2070 they already would have developed those a long time ago. I guess we're just giving him a more advanced version of what he already has then, which now that I stop to think about how much he's snubbed us makes sense. No Mecha for you until you show respect.

Wait we were supposed to be voting for the vehicle choice? I don't really care what we give General Curious George since he's kinda been a dick about all of this but aren't we basically just voting to give him a VTOL? I would have thought that in 2070 they already would have developed those a long time ago. I guess we're just giving him a more advanced version of what he already has then, which now that I stop to think about how much he's snubbed us makes sense. No Mecha for you until you show respect.

More or less, he gets a helicopter/jet hybrid that can handle various modules. We get a new resource to build up our mech.

I presented a write in choice after the update, but looks like that got swallowed up a bit in the discussion. D'oh. That said this won't be the last time I do a vote like that, but I'll format it a bit differently next time.

@ConfusedPotato your idea is still fairly nifty. You will still get a shout out snuck in.

Back