[X] There's some kind of a commotion in the middle of Asvir, go check it out
[X] There's somebody telling tales in the Headsman's hall, go listen for a spell
[X] There's a wrestling competition going on with handsome rewards, go participate

Explosives are always cool.

[X] Go shopping (Please specify what you want to buy and/or sell) (Hugr (Silver-Tongue))
[X] There's somebody telling tales in the Headsman's hall, go listen for a spell
[X] There's a wrestling competition going on with handsome rewards, go participate

Winning the wrestling competition feels like a feat. Which is a shame, because I don't feel like Halla actually has a chance of winning.

Last edited:

Knee-Groin Trick is a Wrestling move, so even if Halla fails I win.

Oh wait, I don't think Imaging Trick alone would be enough to replicate the explosive charm, as it's also made of pottery. I imagine it'd be another skill trick under Artcraft. Oh well, I suppose that's something for the future.

Halting Vortex might give us a leg up in the competition, since we'd be the only one with a shield equivalent, and besides, we might as well keep bloodlust at 0

[x] Go shopping (Please specify what you want to buy and/or sell) (Hugr (Silver-Tongue))

All sound fun to me.

Wrestling tricks can be used, hugareida cannot. If you happen to have a muna-derived ability related to wrestling, then that can be used.

So Halla would be restricted to using pure Hamr (which is good for her age, but decidedly average when compared to the average warrior, and I seriously doubt that only average warriors will participate) and her Glima... which is one of our lowest ranked stats.

Last edited:
Yeah, again, we do not have the numbers to compete there. Especially if there's an Actual Prize involved.

We could bet progress on one of our feats though, and I doubt people will straight up kill us in a wrestling competition, so we might as well.

Uh, it's not that we're at risk of dying. It's just that it'd be smarter to spend that action on something else when we don't have much of a chance of winning. And on the topic of not killing - why would we use Knee-Groin then? (Yeah, it's not 100% fatal, but like... it's not something you use in a competition, and that's not even taking into consideration we literally destroyed someone's soul with it.)

By the way, wrestling matches work differently to proper fights. The loser is whoever gets thrown after contesting hamr+glima+trick roll. It's not to the death, either. This is a friendly competition.
Knee-Groin Trick is not something you use in friendly competition.
Combat KGT is different than Friendly KGT. Friendly KGT is picking the opponent up via their entire lower region (not focused on any particular organ) while Combat KGT is specifically going for the balls.

Also, the prizes would be based on how well you do.

Combat KGT is different than Friendly KGT. Friendly KGT is picking the opponent up via their entire lower region (not focused on any particular organ) while Combat KGT is specifically going for the balls.

Huh. Would it still proc the Nut-Cracker trait? Also, if its based on how well we do, then I don't actually mind if we participate in the competition. I mean, I doubt we'd actually win, or come close to winning, but we should be able to at least do something.

On a more serious note, I think going to the Wrestling match will be healthy for narrative purposes.

Halla was yet to suffer a clear loss in combat, not outside of training purposes, and I think it would be really good for her to experience that before going on a Raid where the loss condition is her and/or Abjorn's death.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it'll be less useful for this than I thought...

Halla was yet to suffer a clear loss in combat, not outside of training purposes, and I think it would be really good for her to experience that before going on a Raid where the loss condition is her and/or Abjorn's death.

I wouldn't really say this counts as a 'combat loss' for Halla, considering the fact that Halla doesn't have her weapons and can't use any of her tricks or hugareida. I feel like she'd also be aware of the fact that most adult men are straight up stronger than her, so her losing in a wrestling competition wouldn't have a big impact on her.

[x] Go shopping (Please specify what you want to buy and/or sell) (Hugr (Silver-Tongue))

If that's the case, then sure, let's give it a go and see what happens.

Oh wait, I forgot that we can literally do anything we want while in a village. Why didn't we add it to the plan anyway?

People didn't specify what they want to sell, is that right?

BOMBS! You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Rupees Artcraft.
Now we can use our owl as a bomber! Or rather, as soon as we learn how to craft more of those.
Flight? CHECK!
Silent flight? CHECK!
Night vision? CHECK!
STEALTH BOMBER!

[x] Go shopping (Armor, will haggle) (Hugr (Silver-Tongue))

we came here for a gambeson, lets buy it...unless we can buy it and some more armor!
Of course, we've now officially plucked all of the Low Hanging Fruit in Halla's Stats, which means we can really knuckle down and work on bringing her Skills and Tricks up to par as well.
we could train throw though, that's a big fat 0, for now, but probably not as important, because we don't focus on it?
Would be fun if we could use IAT better with it though... perhaps a trick to feint by throwing a lump of Orthstirr or another to hide the energy from the Orthstirr ball or IAT...

Also, lol, our Composure, Management, and Scouting training. at least, there will be more dice for skill/trick training now!

Oh wait, I don't think Imaging Trick alone would be enough to replicate the explosive charm, as it's also made of pottery. I imagine it'd be another skill trick under Artcraft. Oh well, I suppose that's something for the future.

Obviously, Artcraft is responsible for creating explosive things, because true art is an explosion.

Back