Ah right! Solrun Seidr Seeress mechanics.

What I was thinking was, since our Fylgja can do correspondence with Solrun.. Maybe we can have Seidr research be more like learning a trick from Steinarr/Halfdan/Sten/etc? In universe it's Halla writing a message to Solrun, Solrun explaining the basics to Owlhalla, then Halla practicing in her farm. This part can be off-screened. When we visit Solrun proper, we can learn more complex Seidr techniques that require her to give us her personal attention instead of basically notes on how to do X.

Speaking of which, sound manipulation Gale Trick, please. This would let Owlhalla actually hold up a full conversation with someone else, in addition to Stealth benefits and potential battlefield sound based shenanigans.

Last edited:
Timeline is wonky, stated by Imperial Fister.

Whats some extra difference compared to our timeline with that in play?

I mean, Erik the Red was born Erik Thorvaldson in Rogaland, lived in Iceland from the age of 10 after his father was exiled for manslaughter and moved his family there, had no history as a boat builder I can find (he was a farmer like most people), eventually got exiled for manslaughter himself, founded the first settlement in Greenland, had three sons and a daughter (Leif, Thorvald, Thorstein, and Freydis...these names don't line up) and his wife (who was named Þjódhild, not Stigrun) converted to Christianity. He is a well documented personage considering the era and we know a lot about his life.

So...like, literally every single thing about him other than having red hair and being named Eric is completely different. Which doesn't mean our nephew couldn't become an explorer, but it does tend to indicate that we'd need to actively make it happen, and I'm just not that motivated to go that far over a naming coincidence.

Last edited:
Incidentally, can we infuse Sagaseeker's runes with Odr? From what I understand, the effect is amplified, but the Odr burns out pretty much immediately. Mechanically would this basically be '-1 Odr/Round'?

Also, do we know if we can multirune items? For example, runing both edges of a sword, or the inside/outside of a bracelet. Or would they be effectively be the 'same' runes? Actually, that would be an interesting way to improve on runes...

So @Imperial Fister, I was going through the new Farm Rules, and I noted one thing that should probably be fixed now so it doesn't need to be later:

You have a pool of Work Dice ((Management+Labor+Farmwork+Equipment) x2 = Work Dice Pool

When I suggested the x2, I was thinking of a slightly divergent system from this. If this works like investing Orthstirr (ie: filling up our Resources section is 25 Work dice total, 6 for Resources, 7 for Food, 7 for Goods, 5 for Silver), which it seems like it does, then we don't need the doubling and it'd honestly be overpowered.

Our dice pool is gonna be, like, 6 for Halla, 12 for Abjorn, 1 or 2 for Gabriel (I actually forget which), 4 for Stigmar, 8 for the Twins (speculative, but I suspect they help as much as Stigmar does), 13 for Kurt and Freydis, 18 for Tools, for a total of 62-63 Work per turn. Our Resources cost 25 of that and our Herd 17...I doubt our Buildings will be more expensive than our Herd, which would total 59. I don't think more than double that is an appropriate amount of Work dice to have, so we likely shouldn't have that many.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Well Rounded Herd
-[X] Quality 5 (80 silver oz.)
-[X] Food 4 (40 silver oz.)
-[X] Goods 4 (40 silver oz.)
-[X] Silver 4 (40 silver oz.)

[X] You have a lot to think about, it's time to go home

Plus the Strawman Assassin we're planning to convert into a laborer, right?

Which is funny in itself.

Plus the Strawman Assassin we're planning to convert into a laborer, right?

Which is funny in itself.

Indeed, assuming it listens to commands in Norse. Additionally, Stigr is hanging out and may throw some dice our way as well. And some people may have actually improved those pools (it's been a couple of years), and that pool from the Twins is pure guesswork. Could be a little higher or a little lower. And Halla is going to be gaining another three dice to those skills within the next few turns.

Would it work like Shapeshifting, where you can (with downtime) swap between the effects?
I'm going to say no, it does not. However, if arguments are convincing, then I may change my mind.
I don't think more than double that is an appropriate amount of Work dice to have, so we likely shouldn't have that many.
Fair enough. I was intending of having you folks use WD to build stuff as well, so we might want to keep it around for that

Fair enough. I was intending of having you folks use WD to build stuff as well, so we might want to keep it around for that

My thought was, for simplicity, we can assign Work Dice to build things and they just cost dice to build in the skill progression tree (ie: level 1 is 1, level 2 is 2, level 3 is 4, etc.), no rolling necessary. Assuming 63 dice and 42 used to maintain the lands and livestock, that'd leave 21 per turn for building (gradually going down a bit as some of it is used to maintain said buildings). Which is probably plenty.

That'd let us get to, like Building 3, Living Space 3, Storage 0, Workshop 3 in a single turn (three things at 7 dice each, that's 21), and then, assuming we weren't using the Workshop in the following turn, Building 4, Storage 3 the next (15 total, since we're using 6 on the Building and Living Space). Our expansion would slow down a lot at that point if we actually start putting dice into Storage and Workshop every turn, but it wouldn't stop entirely, and it going slow and maybe not being a great idea past a certain point seems appropriate anyway.

We should likely also receive a one time bonus of dice specifically to construction the first turn we use the system (ie: next turn) given that we would, in-universe, have spent some time building it this turn but we couldn't since the system wasn't up yet.

Last edited:
My thought was, for simplicity, we can assign it to build things and they just cost dice to build in the skill progression tree (ie: level 1 is 1, level 2 is 2, level 3 is 4, etc.), no rolling necessary.
I wasn't intending on having you roll
We should likely also receive a one time bonus of dice the first turn (ie: next turn) given that we would, in-universe, have spent some time building it this turn but we couldn't since the system wasn't up yet.
That sounds good to me

Yes! You can also use training dice as work dice

I'm a little iffy of letting you do the reverse, though

Yeah, the reverse is probably a bad call if done directly...maybe we can use them but only as Research Dice, and maybe at, like, a 2 to one exchange rate (ie: two Work Dice per Research Die)? Probably with some sort of cap as well (+3 Research dice a turn? I'm spitballing here). That'd make some sense and give us something do with 'wasted' Work Dice, and would make particular sense given that we're using Research Dice to (among other things) literally do the same kinds of things in our Soulscape that Work Dice are used for in reality.

Last edited:
I'm going to say no, it does not. However, if arguments are convincing, then I may change my mind.
To my mind, interchangeability would be more fitting with Hugareida, since it would be you applying your insights 'differently' (get more fire or more intense fire with the 'same' amount of understanding). Also, there would be issues with high level Alloy Hugareidas and Hugareidas generally, because it's harder to get insights as your Hugareida improves, meaning you can get into an unfixably 'bad' build, where your insight into a Hugareida is too advanced to develop further, but all your insights are into stuff you figure aren't useful now. Could result in undesirable incentives.

Unless improving each individual 'aspect' of a Hugareida got individually harder as opposed to the Hugareida as a whole, I suppose.. but then you would get something rather more complex.

e: Would also work if you needed to spend Training dice and such to 'respec' your Hugareida, to prevent on-the-go optimization.

ee: Also become in universe characters don't 'choose' how they gain Muna and Hugareida. So it would be better if their 'Stat Selection' for Hugareida was intentional, and not (in-universe) effectively random.

eee: 'Fixed' stats for Hugareidas make things weird with Alloys because you can just make new Alloys and effectively 'reset' your specs, making Alloys better than normal Hugareida.

eeee: Actually, it would make sense if you needed Hugr 7 to 'respec' Hugareida, and a 're-spec' amounts to alloying a Hugareida with itself.

Last edited:
Could make it a cultivation like action to meditate in you understanding of [Hugareida topic] to respec.
Not minmaxing in every situation but allows changing when the expected situation changes drastically.

Also, do we need to develop a specific cooking trick for Campfire, or would it be more just adding dice whenever we make Hugr(Housecraft) for Cooking?

More generally, does having a Hugareida mean that you can 'conjure' amounts of that Hugareida without a dedicated trick? Not in a combat relevant timeframe, of course.

Last edited:
Strawthrall (Shard)
Strawthrall

Meteor thieving mocking,
Merchant chants for hunters.

Straw-strung threadmen stalking,
Search for seeds most sinful.

Fleeing to praying lands far,
Flinging sinstone flying.

Tiring resting threadmen,
Thralled by sinseed's holder.

AN: Too bad Halla doesn't know enough to make the connection between the strawmen hunting the demonseeds, because it's hilarious.

Meteor is 2 syllables here. Not 3 as normal and definitely not 1.

Back