Wait, I thought we kept the silver personally and divided the food? There was a whole discussion.

Also, what about the 21 pounds for mercenary work and ship tour, we get that personally, right? Or does the 20 for mercenary work get divided?
Ope, my apologies, I got it mixed up in my head. The 1 pound for ship tour goes to you, the 20 for mercenary work gets divided.
So is this potentially 40 Thanes? Or do the 25 include the 15, or are the 15 only if we give them time to react? I'm unclear.
Potentially 40 Thanes. Thanes are the actual dedicated soldiery of Anglo-Saxon England, they don't really utilize mortals except when bodies are needed. As such, there needs to be enough Thanes in one area to repel a raid on their own, with support from neighboring burhs or even the King should it be serious enough.

The 15 in Watchet are not involved, unless you give them reason to get involved.

0~0~0

Voting is now open

I think the play is to have abjorn stall sir gerge. Abjorn stacking like a tank is extremely potent at delay tactics and while gerge is powerful, he is also willing to surrender if the day is lost.

So i think we avoid disturbing the priest.

We take on mr hammer boi, who we should greatly outspeed.

Our band takes on the thanes.

And abjorn stalls the real scary guy until the the thanes and the noble are dead.

Then we offer the same terms of surrender last time we fought an old knight.

Take our loot. Leave the infrastructure and the people alone.

Leave with the mission successful.

Baring the inevitble wrenches being thrown into the plan of course.

8th Decade? that guy need to die like ASAP. And he's said to be unstoppable on the charge, so maybe we decline defense against his first attack to preserve Sword Guard?

8th Decade? that guy need to die like ASAP. And he's said to be unstoppable on the charge, so maybe we decline defense against his first attack to preserve Sword Guard?
Unfortunately we're supposed to make sure he and the other 2 chivalrics stay alive.
Edit: Also the priest. Only the Noble and Thanes are for sure to be dead.
Though making sure 8th Decade's Horse is dead or crippled should mitigate his effectiveness.

Last edited:
Ope, my apologies, I got it mixed up in my head. The 1 pound for ship tour goes to you, the 20 for mercenary work gets divided.

So what about the money from the whetstone? I thought we got all of that? How much money do we get personally? I remain confused.

Potentially 40 Thanes. Thanes are the actual dedicated soldiery of Anglo-Saxon England, they don't really utilize mortals except when bodies are needed. As such, there needs to be enough Thanes in one area to repel a raid on their own, with support from neighboring burhs or even the King should it be serious enough.

The 15 in Watchet are not involved, unless you give them reason to get involved.

Check.

[X] (Optional) You're not sure that you can handle this with the men you have, perhaps you should see if there are any men of the Danelaw in the area?

We want more men for this, and need to know our total forces before making a plan, I think.

Last edited:
Best I've got is to send Abjorn and our tankier folks (Heims?) up the river in our ship, trying to draw away the strongest/majority of the defenders, while Halla and our more mobile forces sneak up the cliff face.

[X] (Optional) You're not sure that you can handle this with the men you have, perhaps you should see if there are any men of the Danelaw in the area?

Yeah, let's do a quick sweep, see if we can recruit a few ringers, and make our plan then.

[x] (Optional) You're not sure that you can handle this with the men you have, perhaps you should see if there are any men of the Danelaw in the area?

Yeah, that 8th Decade with hawk and horse is a real problem.

Yeah, our ideal recruit would be someone at near-Steinarr level to handle the 8th Decade Knight and his companions. We can probably handle the rest.

That's probably not happening, but it'd be ideal.

The priest in the past Halla killed was kind of dumb considering he went for a one on one duel instead of being a dedicated support like they were supposed to.

And this is a situation where if you force him to get him to get involved he'll crank up the difficulty level with his buffs on already pretty strong opponents.

So I don't think you should look down on them for doing the role they aren't the best at.

Scaling the cliff feels like the option which maximises our chance of surprise, but also our chances of getting caught on the cliff, which would not be ideal.

We might be able to do something about this though? A distraction might help, or perhaps dividing forces - we sail in the Wavedancer up the river to get their attention, but meanwhile, it has already dropped off the cliffside insertion force... Heima Smiles feels like he would be basically made for that kind of mission? If we had him and say, five of our best killers with abilities that lend themselves to stealth climb up the cliff, then they could come in from behind and start killing thanes whilst we assault the walls.

As far Ser Serge goes, I think one thing to remember is that we don't need to beat him. We only need to occupy him until enough of his allies are down for the count, and he'll surrender when we offer honourable terms.

Splitting the bounty, osthirr, and loot is worth GETTING bounty osthirr, and loot.

I don't care about the plan, except that if Cliff is ever winning I'm voting for the second place one.

Why?

The idea of that plant manipulating vine kinetic attacking us while most of our force is climbing up cliffs terrifies me.

Scaling the cliff feels like the option which maximises our chance of surprise, but also our chances of getting caught on the cliff, which would not be ideal.

We might be able to do something about this though? A distraction might help, or perhaps dividing forces - we sail in the Wavedancer up the river to get their attention, but meanwhile, it has already dropped off the cliffside insertion force... Heima Smiles feels like he would be basically made for that kind of mission? If we had him and say, five of our best killers with abilities that lend themselves to stealth climb up the cliff, then they could come in from behind and start killing thanes whilst we assault the walls.

As far Ser Serge goes, I think one thing to remember is that we don't need to beat him. We only need to occupy him until enough of his allies are down for the count, and he'll surrender.

I think we want to scout the place out with out Fylgja and Hidden In Rags and get a read on people before making detailed plans. We also definitely want more men for this if we can get them.

I think we want to scout the place out with out Fylgja and Hidden In Rags and get a read on people before making detailed plans. We also definitely want more men for this if we can get them.

I wasn't really talking about going to get more guys, because I kind of take it as a given that the thread will do that if it's given the chance to. We can do that before our attack.

I also agree, some Flygia scouting would be good, but we're being asked to vote for our general plan now, which we will then refine as we do stuff like reconnaissance.

I wasn't really talking about going to get more guys, because I kind of take it as a given that the thread will do that if it's given the chance to. We can do that before our attack.

I also agree, some Flygia scouting would be good, but we're being asked to vote for our general plan now, which we will then refine as we do stuff like reconnaissance.

I think we should only decide on a plan once we've recruited more people and scouted. That seems like an entirely viable option.

Sorry, you get the whetstone money, which is what I noted down on the actual update.
With the pair of weapons crafting thing and the multi crafting from Fylgja...
If we wanted to turn some of that silver into armrings for our most acomplished followers, how many could we craft per AP?
2 (only fylgja), 3(pair and fylgja both apply, and are each treated as "+1"), 4 (both apply, treated as *2)?
Or more?

Yeah, and if anyone wants to do some research in good ideas at attacking a coastal fort, that'll be helpful too.

On that note, this'll probably be a Hamingja roll. Now, while Odin is meddling (So we might get a bonus here), that still means chance matters. If anyone's got any free reward dice, committing them to that might be wise.

Back