And What a Dance it Was (NO SV, War is Coming, Prepare)

So... Sicne we're still on hiatus for a few more weeks.

Do you all have any questions?
A few...

Since it seems that the War at the Stepstones is pretty much over, does it mean that we will return to normal turns after the seat of power is decided? Or we will have some more side missions and/or social votes after that?

Seeing that Daemon and Lucien caused the Lion´s Share of enemy casualties, does it mean that we will have even better possible rewards or extra picks after the campaign (like with the Dorne Princesses sidequest)?
And any additional spoils you wish to take from them.
Can you give us some ideas of which count as Additional Spoils here?

Lucien is for now just engaged will Laena and we will marry her at some point in a future time skip, no? Or is he already married with her?

Do we have Weirdwoods in Sunstone (since it was par of Westeros before the Childen nuked it)?

Are we also getting involved with whatever Viserys and Otto are preparing for Dorne?

We know that Daemon is pretty happy about having recovered Dark Sister, but how satisfied is Viserys now that the Targaryens have recovered their other ancestral weapons?

Since Daemon and Lucien Gambit have at least halved (and probably more) the time that everyone assumed this campaign would take, does that mean that we will get some extra resources to garrison and colonize the Stepstones (since we have significantly reduced the resources that the crown would have to spend here?

Last edited:
Since it seems that the War at the Stepstones is pretty much over, does it mean that we will return to normal turns after the seat of power is decided? Or we will have some more side missions and/or social votes after that?
One more spoils vote that will decide who will be your vassals, and how the situation in the stepstones is looking for the Valyrian Diaspora and Northman adventurers that will soon be colonizing the place wishing for religious freedom.

And for killing slavers.
Seeing that Daemon and Lucien caused the Lion´s Share of enemy casualties, does it mean that we will have even better possible rewards or extra picks after the campaign (like with the Dorne Princesses sidequest)?
Yes and no.

Due to not being active in much of the campaign, you will not get much in the way of side quest actions. But you can do other things that will be very good.

But spoils are a must.
Can you give us some ideas of which count as Additional Spoils here?
Ships, Loyalty from the pirates, anti-slaving actions from Westeros, possibility of gaining royal titles that will make you really badass.

Daemon allows you to keep Dark Sister for awhile while he goes off on adventure.

Things like that.
Lucien is for now just engaged will Laena and we will marry her at some point in a future time skip, no? Or is he already married with her?
Marriage will be the first big event that will occur, as the Sea Snake will be wanting to ship his daughter off to us pronto like, to get grand children.
Do we have Weirdwoods in Sunstone (since it was par of Westeros before the Childen nuked it)?
Yes.

Well kinda. There are Weirwood seeds that need to be cared for before they can grow, and there are enough to allow the entire islands to have some.
Are we also getting involved with whatever Viserys and Otto are preparing for Dorne?
You will have a lot on your plate building up the Stepstones to get involved in Dorne... and while you can, I would not recommend it, for the simple fact you are now for all intents and purposes, Prince of the Stepstones commanding and governing the islands. Plus you need to protect them.
We know that Daemon is pretty happy about having recovered Dark Sister, but how satisfied is Viserys now that the Targaryens have recovered their other ancestral weapons?
Viserys is ready to give us a lot of things.

And that is something I will enjoy immensely.
Since Daemon and Lucien Gambit have at least halved (and probably more) the time that everyone assumed this campaign would take, does that mean that we will get some extra resources to garrison and colonize the Stepstones (since we have significantly reduced the resources that the crown would have to spend here?
Yes and no.

That is all I will say.

Yes and no.

Due to not being active in much of the campaign, you will not get much in the way of side quest actions. But you can do other things that will be very good.

But spoils are a must.
Well, TBF we were not involved in the first week (which it was what it took to get the Princesses back), but I an assuming that we took a very active role afterwards, even if we didn't have much onscreen time (before doing the thing)

Ships, Loyalty from the pirates, anti-slaving actions from Westeros, possibility of gaining royal titles that will make you really badass.

Daemon allows you to keep Dark Sister for awhile while he goes off on adventure.

Things like that.
Interesting, but I wonder about what those titles will be... I mean we are already a Targaryen prince, it not really that much that can be be given in the way of royal titles (and thanks to George Martin' simplified system we cannot pile up duchies unlike Medeval Europe)

And if Daemon is going on an adventure I would prefer for him to keep Dark Sister at hand...

Marriage will be the first big event that will occur, as the Sea Snake will be wanting to ship his daughter off to us pronto like, to get grand children.
Yeah, but Laena is still like 12... I hope that the wedding will wait for 3-4 more years for obvious reasons.

You will have a lot on your plate building up the Stepstones to get involved in Dorne... and while you can, I would not recommend it, for the simple fact you are now for all intents and purposes, Prince of the Stepstones commanding and governing the islands. Plus you need to protect them.
I understand that, but since the Stepstones will be the only crown vontrolled land close to Dorne's most important coastal cities (including Sunspear) and the key to control the Narrow Sea... We are kind of forced to get involved somehow.

Well, TBF we were not involved in the first week (which it was what it took to get the Princesses back), but I an assuming that we took a very active role afterwards, even if we didn't have much onscreen time (before doing the thing)
Correct.
Interesting, but I wonder about what those titles will be... I mean we are already a Targaryen prince, it not really that much that can be be given in the way of royal titles (and thanks to George Martin' simplified system we cannot pile up duchies unlike Medeval Europe)
There are other, newer titles that Dear Viserys can give to us that he can create out of his ass and that will be something that I will gleefully exploit as we make tons of money.

Because I know we will.
Yeah, but Laena is still like 12... I hope that the wedding will wait for 3-4 more years for obvious reasons.
There is going to be a small timeskip. Though again, I said they will be getting married, not trying for kids.

And no, we will not be trying to... have kids with her when she is super young.
I understand that, but since the Stepstones will be the only crown vontrolled land close to Dorne's most important coastal cities (including Sunspear) and the key to control the Narrow Sea... We are kind of forced to get involved somehow.
Well, We have our own worries to worry about, and Viserys will be the one taking point on this situation, not us.

Note: Its closer to Dorne purey because the closest island to dorne happens to be a few miles closer to Dorne than the Island closest to Essos. Both those Islands are likely to be directly visible on the horizon of their respective sides. Its likely possible to sail from Dorne to Essos and back via them without once leaving sight of land. Its also why the place is chokeful of pirates: Its the one place all maritime trade to the East Coast of Westeros and the West of Essos must pass. Thats not a small amount of trade.

Its also why Westeros invading is a big deal: We are actively anti-slave trade and now sit directly on one of the most important sea routes for the Weat Essosi Coast's slave trade. One we will now likely be doing our damn best to supress. And uh...this isnt some minor pirate getting uppity. This is a member of the royal family with blatent unstated backing by the Iron Throne. The Stepstones have been all but unoffically annexed by Westeros. And thats only lasting as long as it takes for the King to just declare Daemon as Warden of the Stepstones.

It will be hilarious if the dance of dragons never happens because we successfuly managed to make it into a Essosi vs Westerosi Great War because we conquered the Stepstones. Bravos would be sitting there wondering whats more important: Death to Slavers or Death to Dragons.

Note: Its closer to Dorne purey because the closest island to dorne happens to be a few miles closer to Dorne than the Island closest to Essos. Both those Islands are likely to be directly visible on the horizon of their respective sides. Its likely possible to sail from Dorne to Essos and back via them without once leaving sight of land. Its also why the place is chokeful of pirates: Its the one place all maritime trade to the East Coast of Westeros and the West of Essos must pass. Thats not a small amount of trade.
I have numbers for how much we can possibly tariff for you lads to see

Close to 100 million gold Dragons a year.

And that is after Westeros gets a cut.
Its also why Westeros invading is a big deal: We are actively anti-slave trade and now sit directly on one of the most important sea routes for the Weat Essosi Coast's slave trade. One we will now likely be doing our damn best to supress. And uh...this isnt some minor pirate getting uppity.
Yeah, it's also going to be the reason that I said we might not be getting involved with the Dorne plot.

We need to secure our assets.

and play the diplomacy game to really secure it.
This is a member of the royal family with blatent unstated backing by the Iron Throne. The Stepstones have been all but unoffically annexed by Westeros. And thats only lasting as long as it takes for the King to just declare Daemon as Warden of the Stepstones.
Daemon isn't the one who will be declared Warden of the Stepstones. As he has no desire for the responsibility of this scale. after all, he does not want a crown, he wants his brother's respect.

We most likely will be, as we are the one with the dragon with Atomic Breath.

Plus, our dad is the Pirate king, and he won't follow Daemon.
It will be hilarious if the dance of dragons never happens because we successfuly managed to make it into a Essosi vs Westerosi Great War because we conquered the Stepstones.
The Dance will happen, too many things have happened to make that unavoidable.

But guess what, we just added another front. And maybe a truce.
Bravos would be sitting there wondering whats more important: Death to Slavers or Death to Dragons.
Bravos: Fuck this is a tough choice!

There are other, newer titles that Dear Viserys can give to us that he can create out of his ass and that will be something that I will gleefully exploit as we make tons of money.

Because I know we will.
Interesting... So I am guessing it will be things like "Guardian of the Narrow Sea" and extra taxes...

I wonder if one of the things will be for him to design our keep, buk knowing how much he loves his legos he will probably do it for free...

There is going to be a small timeskip. Though again, I said they will be getting married, not trying for kids.

And no, we will not be trying to... have kids with her when she is super young.
Yeah, I supposed that something like that would happen... I am a little worried that once Laena and Lucien get married and she moves to live with us, she will get a little annoyed to hear Alicent, Nyra, and Lucien having fun every night...

Besides that, even if Rhaenys doesn´t really like Lucien that much, I am guessing that she is at least relieved somehow that Laena is marrying someone close to her age (IIRC we are three years her senior) and they don´t have to worry about marrying her daughter to an old widower like Viserys...
Eventually.

They may not like the fact we have the Brethren Court having an island, and a Pirate king among their ranks.
Take a note from the British, give them a license, and the become Privateers... Totally different...
Yeah, it's also going to be the reason that I said we might not be getting involved with the Dorne plot.

We need to secure our assets.

and play the diplomacy game to really secure it.
If we were reasonable people that will happen, but knowing the players? We are going to walk straight into Dorne, and volunteer for any crazy shenanigans that Viserys will prepare to take Dorne into the fold
Yes.

Well kinda. There are Weirwood seeds that need to be cared for before they can grow, and there are enough to allow the entire islands to have some.
Well, interesting, we will need to ask our bros back in the North to help us with planting and caring for the stuff... Even get some experts in the matter to get some grown tree plated so that we can have a proper Goodwood...

Besides that @Magoose I hope that sunstone has volcanic hot Springs, because building our keep in a zone with them seems pretty interesting (if only because getting free heated water in those times is fucking awesome)

And what are the rest of our family going to do once we move properly into the Stepstones? Will they remain in King´s Landing Court or they will come to live with us? (But TBH when you have dragons traveling distances get really deduced, so they may use it to move around)

Last edited:
Interesting... So I am guessing it will be things like "Guardian of the Narrow Sea" and extra taxes...
Among other thing.
I wonder if one of the things will be for him to design our keep, buk knowing how much he loves his legos he will probably do it for free...
Lets just say that the design to your castle, as well as some of the potential cost will be offset, and your island paradice will be subject to a pic vote.

As in: You give a pick for the island fortress that is on there.
Yeah, I supposed that something like that would happen... I am a little worried that once Laena and Lucien get married and she moves to live with us, she will get a little annoyed to hear Alicent, Nyra, and Lucien having fun every night...
Lets just say that the wild sexual escapades of the Dragon Trio will only get wilder with a third member added to the bunch.

Though parent hood might mellow out all involved, and they all realize that they have more responsibility now.
Besides that, even if Rhaenys doesn´t really like Lucien that much, I am guessing that she is at least relieved somehow that Laena is marrying someone close to her age (IIRC we are three years her senior) and they don´t have to worry about marrying her daughter to an old widower like Viserys...
Rhaenys is still not happy because Laena is in a polygamous marriage with a political rival.

But she also thinks that Viserys is to happy and building to care.
Take a note from the British, give them a license, and the become Privateers... Totally different...
Yes. Especially because they follow the anti-slave agenda
If we were reasonable people that will happen, but knowing the players? We are going to walk straight into Dorne, and volunteer for any crazy shenanigans that Viserys will prepare to take Dorne into the fold
I mean, unless you want to be like Daemon and lose the stepstones... you might have to ignore the siren call of Dornish conquest.
Well, interesting, we will need to ask our bros back in the North to help us with planting and caring for the stuff... Even get some experts in the matter to get some grown tree plated so that we can have a proper Goodwood...
Totally available.
Besides that @Magoose I hope that sunstone has volcanic hot Springs, because building our keep in a zone with them seems pretty interesting (if only because getting free heated water in those times is fucking awesome)
Will roll for that eventually.
And what are the rest of our family going to do once we move properly into the Stepstones? Will they remain in King´s Landing Court or they will come to live with us? (But TBH when you have dragons traveling distances get really deduced, so they may use it to move around)
THey will move in with us, at Sunstone.

I mean, unless you want to be like Daemon and lose the stepstones... you might have to ignore the siren call of Dornish conquest.
You know, I was thinking less "Take Your Army and Conquer Dorne" and more "Support Viserys' attempt of installing a puppet in Sunspear via Adventures (hunt down the Sword of Dawn, convince Dad´s Friend to blockade Dornish ports, etc)
Though parent hood might mellow out all involved, and they all realize that they have more responsibility now.
Oh definitely, but with the combination of having grandparents, three uncles, and several nannies available to take care of the kids (alongside the time management skill) there is still plenty of time for having wild sexual escapades...

Last edited:
You know, I was thinking less "Take Your Army and Conquer Dorne" and more "Support Viserys' attempt of installing a puppet in Sunspear via Adventures (hunt down the Sword of Dawn, convince Dad´s Friend to blockade Dornish ports, etc)
Not happening chief, for the simple fact I want to focus on the Stepstones for a little bit.
Oh definitely, but with the combination of having grandparents, three uncles, and several nannies available to take care of the kids (alongside the time management skill) there is still plenty of time for having wild sexual escapades...
INB4 we have over a dozen kids by the time the Dance starts, all dragon riders, and we have a healthy relationship with our entire family.

INB4 we have over a dozen kids by the time the Dance starts, all dragon riders, and we have a healthy relationship with our entire family.
Hey, 12 would be if we got the canonical number of births for each mother... And seeing how much your dice love multiple births that could increase those numbers significantly...

I am a little worried that if we have that many children we are going to run out of Valyrian names soon... And we all know what happened in HOTD that it could be dangerous...

We can go for the easy route and pick some artwork of DragonStone, for example...

Only problem is that we don't have enough obsidian or the other oily black stone to really build something like that, nor are we magically inclined to actually do something like that.

After all, the Targaryens used Blood magic and slaves to raise dragonstone.

Only problem is that we don't have enough obsidian or the other oily black stone to really build something like that, nor are we magically inclined to actually do something like that.

After all, the Targaryens used Blood magic and slaves to raise dragonstone.
Hey, if ancient Egyptians could bring stones to build the pyramids sailing through hundreds of kilometers from their quarries we can also do it...

Especially since we are going to be so filthy rich that we can pay for the extraction and transportation of stone from anywhere in Westeros...

Last edited:
I think it's more of having enough Oily Black Stone to have a castle since it's magicaly produced so it's supply is limited, althought obsdian can be bought more easily it's fragile.
You don´t need any magic to produce Oily Black Stone... Once solidified 90% of the lava flows becomes oily black stone naturally...

And even if it is expensive, we need a seat of power that is ICONIC... So paying a fortune to hire stonemasons and transport ships to get the appropriate kind of stone four our keep is probably worth it...

I meant in asoiaf the Oily Black Stone is described as a material of unkown origin so...
Well, I think that the thing with Dragonstone and other Old Valyrian is not as much the material (most likely basalt or diabase) but the fact that they used magic and dragonfire to meld the stones together in a single block...

But as I said you before, to have a black castle is pretty feasible if we are willing to pay for the extraction and transport of the stone... And it doesn't have to be black only, take a look at any online catalogue of kitchen counters and you can find natural granite (extremely hard and resistant, perfect for building) of many colors (black, pink, red, green, blue...)

Last edited:
Back