In a Negaverse quest, you all would likely be some form of mirror!Westphalia, a plucky band of rebels fighting against some evil monolithic empire.

And you'd probably be up against Gundam 00 or SEED-era technological BS.

The solution would still probably be going for Super Robots, because that's how I'd write it. :p

Quick writeup to follow on what you've all managed to scavenge.

In a Negaverse quest, you all would likely be some form of mirror!Westphalia, a plucky band of rebels fighting against some evil monolithic empire.

And you'd probably be up against Gundam 00 or SEED-era technological BS.

The solution would still probably be going for Super Robots, because that's how I'd write it. :p

Quick writeup to follow on what you've all managed to scavenge.
Knowing SV, we'd end up with something Spiral Powered.
And all the DAKKA.

Base Defense - Analysis
Analysis of DFRI Base Defense

<...the infiltration of such a large group of enemy forces was unexpected, but further analysis indicates because of the intensity of the security net, their attack was delayed by at least one to two months. This is the second time within twelve months that Westphalian cells have managed to insert a significant amount of forces into the region, and appropriate steps will be taken to ensure our own security.>

<...of note is that any approach should have been detected by adjacent commands. While we acknowledge that this is the only significant EUDF presence in the area, further inland is actively patrolled by the Third Air Defense Force...>

Result: New Defense Force Actions Unlocked

<...we have scavenged some of the remaining wreckage of the modified Pilum-class gunship. There's very little left, though forensics has discovered leftover traces of the pilot. A combination of DNA-scans and remaining intact effects identifies the pilot as the 'Warlord,' a medium-ranking operative and commander of the Westphalian movement. Having forwarded the information to BG Peters, we should be expecting a visit from the Intelligence Services within the month to verify Warlord's elimination.>

<Yet surprisingly, despite the thorough nature of its destruction via the Arc Cannon, enough of the Pilum's basic frame is intact. Mostly. Having gone over the wreckage, Lieutenant Wilde and Sergeant First Class Henry confirm that
some of it is salvageable. This is an operation that will take significant time, however, and should not be expected in a timely manner...>

<...the unusual gun truck formations have been salvaged, most in varying states of destruction. The remains of the Buckler IFVs have also been appropriated for our use, and will be forwarded to the Engineers for Configuration testing.>

<Worryingly, we have discovered the remains of what was likely a blackbox unit in the wreckage. Though destroyed beyond repair, Dr. Ignatov is concerned that some form of recording may have been transmitted before its destruction. Dr. Carlson suggests that the electrical charges utilized against the Pilum from the Charged Cannon and the Arc Cannon would likely have degraded any recording it transmitted, but this remains a concern.>

Result: Potential Bonus for next turn gained! Wreckage of custom gunship (salvageable) gained! Buckler IFV Configuration Bonus gained! Remains of Tank-Mobiles gained! Battle data of unknown quantity/quality transmitted to Westphalia.

<The support units conducted themselves very well. Special commendations go to Lieutenant Oscar Tellison for his aggressive support of the Beowulf while eliminating the auxiliary Westphalian formations...>

<...the Charged Cannon, while effective in theory, will require significant reworks in order to become more effective. Lieutenant Wilde has acknowledged the lackluster performance and has proposed measures to improve it...>

<...the K-Scale Mesh has proven itself under fire. It allows greater agility and significantly decreases the impact of rounds and strikes that it cannot evade.>

<...the Arc Cannon's performance has satisfied SFC Henry's standards. However, he feels there is yet more room for improvement. Having recovered the combat data from Lieutenant Callaghan, he will be able to make significant improvements to the final product by the end of the month.>

Result: New Engineering Actions Unlocked! New Defense Force: Piloting Actions Unlocked!

Last edited:
*drums fingers*

I suppose we could make a custom V-33 with the Pilum's frame, for upgrading the Foxhound formation. Seeing as I don't remember if what the Gargoyle was was ever mentioned be it a general purpose frame or a gunship.

Could we possibly strap the Pilum onto the Foxhound's Arm ala Power Rangers? Have claws that open up into Unlimited Dakka Works?

Or maybe make another transformation/robot specifically for Dakka, with the Pilum as the base?

Might be better to use the Pilum research to actually work on one of the other Core Units

Anyway, not much activity from me probably, I'm on a huge medicated cocktail to try and get through an awful cold right now. It'll probably be putting me back to sleep before long.

I'll still be checking in when I can though.

Good also to have confirmation that our choice of weapons is going to play merry hell with the blackbox data burst too. Should help limit the intel they get out of it.

But yeah, the Pilum's design as either a Mission Pack for the "Sea" unit (A Maximum Dakka model, if you will), or the Core Unit for the "Sky" unit seems pretty damn solid.

Last edited:
Good also to have confirmation that our choice of weapons is going to play merry hell with the blackbox data burst too. Should help limit the intel they get out of it.

But yeah, the Pilum's design as either a Mission Pack for the "Sea" unit (A Maximum Dakka model, if you will), or the Core Unit for the "Sky" unit seems pretty damn solid.

We're gonna redefine the word "Supporting Fire".

But yeah, I envision the "Sea" unit as being a unit that fundamentally ignores terrain. Ideally some kind of hovercraft form with solid artillery and a zippy nature. Then a mission pack that lets it fight underwater foes, and a mission pack that doubles down on the artillery effect.

While the "Sky" Unit is intended as a platform for acquiring aerial superiority--controlling the skies for the cause of the Union. With a mission pack as a scout unit (The best stealth and sensors we can strap onto it) and a mission pack as a ground attack module.

Beowulf, as the "Earth" unit, is specialized for making optimal use of the terrain in the expected battlespaces, and has Mission Packs that specialize against particular threat vectors. Foxhound is all about threatening a large battlespace and keeping up with zippy bastards, while Timberwolf is a big brute who's geared to throw down against heavier enemy targets and beat them down before it falls itself.

But yeah, I envision the "Sea" unit as being a unit that fundamentally ignores terrain. Ideally some kind of hovercraft form with solid artillery and a zippy nature. Then a mission pack that lets it fight underwater foes, and a mission pack that doubles down on the artillery effect.

While the "Sky" Unit is intended as a platform for acquiring aerial superiority--controlling the skies for the cause of the Union. With a mission pack as a scout unit (The best stealth and sensors we can strap onto it) and a mission pack as a ground attack module.

Beowulf, as the "Earth" unit, is specialized for making optimal use of the terrain in the expected battlespaces, and has Mission Packs that specialize against particular threat vectors. Foxhound is all about threatening a large battlespace and keeping up with zippy bastards, while Timberwolf is a big brute who's geared to throw down against heavier enemy targets and beat them down before it falls itself.
Correction: Beowulf is the "Hero" unit.

Jackal - Earth unit. Foxhound - mobility upgrade. Timberwolf - armour upgrade.

In that case, what about...

Sky unit - Flying Fox. Ground Attack upgrade - Red Fox. Stealth upgrade - Silver Fox. (Not very imaginative, I know)

Sea unit - Seadog. Submersible upgrade - Underdog. Artillery upgrade - Scopedog.

Nah, the Core Units I like the idea of giving them mythical hero names, and then coded transformations via mission packs under a theme (Beowulf's Configurations get canid names for instance). The theoretical "Merge everything" form I'm thinking would get a mythical monster name (So the Fenrir for the Beowulf + Hound + Falcon combination).

But each of our Core Units should also be designed to be capable of Combining as well, into our ultimate Super Robot State. I've been toying around with Atlas as a name for that myself.

Not until the second season I think.

We're still in the "Callaghan Files" Prequel OAV right now!
Let's see, we just took down the mid "season" boss (and presumably got a bit of exposition about Westphalia in general, more than just when Callaghan went all in on that scout cell)...
Still need to punch a kaiju in the face, but that might take a bit, seeing as they are predominantly in the Pacific. The sheer size difference might make that a true Final Boss situation though. Especially if it brings battle riders/parasites to serve as mooks.

You all have tied your series into the Kausen's storyline as part of a multiverse and are a big part of their backstory.

Mercury V and Valiant, you have at best a cameo or a mention in the source material.

EDIT: Westphalia mentions you in shadowy meetings as an anomaly that they have imperfect information on.

You're not quite at debut season yet!

Last edited:
You all have tied your series into the Kausen's storyline as part of a multiverse and are a big part of their backstory.
Transformers Prime: get! (robots supported by a government for tech and are fighting a different faction of robots)

Mercury V and Valiant, you have at best a cameo or a mention in the source material.
"The EUDF are doing their best to mimic these Champions of Justice, but are keeping it a secret as to how much progress they might have made."

You're not quite at debut season yet!
Hmm. Trigger... Having a second Super Robot Core? Or being ready to start being proactive rather than researching?

Uh, what about the Support unit? We were going to design a gunship for mission control, and this sounds like its in the right neighborhood once we K-Type armor it up a bit.

Uh, what about the Support unit? We were going to design a gunship for mission control, and this sounds like its in the right neighborhood once we K-Type armor it up a bit.
pretty sure that's the plan that most of us are thinking about now that we know that the enemy craft is salvageable. I am kind of hoping to turn it into a Helicopter transforming mech type.

pretty sure that's the plan that most of us are thinking about now that we know that the enemy craft is salvageable. I am kind of hoping to turn it into a Helicopter transforming mech type.
As in, we need a battleship equivalent to base our mechs off when on remote deployment. Said battleship needs to be huge. It needs to fly. It needs to have armor that can shrug off any portable weapon. It needs enough interior space to hold and provide basic servicing for a crew of mechs and support vehicles. It needs All The Sensors.

Back