A ring or amulet of poison immunity would sell out to the industrial sector so god damn fast. I work for an oil lab and our bosses would pay so much goddamn money to avoid the liability for the horrifically poisonous substances we work with. I wear an H2S monitor at all times because it will kill you so fucking fast. Not to mention the many, many carcinogenic substances.

There is so much money in that sector that you could charge 50k a ring and it would still become industry standard within the year.

How about rings of Feather Fall? Because there are quite a lot of jobs (as well as hobbies) where having access to those would save so many lives (as well as insurance premiums).

repair spells on roads would net him a fortune in america, plus magic based super fight insurance, any damages not repairable by al's repair spell gets paid back to client.

Giovanni: Alchemist, I've been getting a number of job offers lately and I feel as though you are somehow to blame.

Al: You know, my ex-wife used to say the same thing.

Giovanni: About the job offers?

Al: About blaming me.

Gio: ...Moving on. I've been offered a rather significant sum if I can help decipher the means by which this little ring imparts a decently potent healing spell.

Al: Ooh, nice. How significant are we talking about, here?

Gio: Significant enough for me to put my daughter through college.

Al: Well, assuming they actually intend on paying you? Go for it.

Gio: And you're not going to be upset that I'll be helping someone reverse-engineer a spell which you are currently profiting from?

Al: Look, I stole it from somewhere else myself. At the moment, Jinx and I just get to benefit from being the sole suppliers. I'm sure that'll change.

Gio: ...You did not say that you would be alright with my participating in taking your monopoly.

Al: Oh, that? No, seriously, go for it. I've got a dozen other things I could market just as easily. Can you imagine how much people would pay for me to sell off the instructions for a spell that erases radioactivity? Russia, Ohio, Japan... Or I could market my repair spells to the various railroads throughout the U.S. and make a mint while fixing up infrastructure. Seriously, I've got options.

Gio: ...I feel as though I've been under utilizing my talents.

Al: Do you enjoy your lifestyle?

Gio: ...Yes?

Al: Then you've been doing exactly what you need to do with your talents.
thats honestly adorable and heart warming.

I am honestly waiting for a Regen Healed patient to Sue Alchemist for not informing victims of the Traumatic Experience, as in Mouthy Karen's who Fake being pushed down and claiming otherwise even when Recorded, "I WAS PUSHED DOWN BY YOU! I AM SUING YOU FOR EVERYTHING!"

Last edited:
How would one even go about trying to sue a wizard as powerful as Al? I mean that would be like trying to sue superman, who would even risk taking that job?

How about rings of Feather Fall? Because there are quite a lot of jobs (as well as hobbies) where having access to those would save so many lives (as well as insurance premiums).
Having had to work in fall arrest gear doing machine repair work at the end of a man lift arm, the productivity spike or having a ring instead would make up for the cost before you add in the safety impact too.

Really, once they are out there enough to show they work, it makes more sense for Al and Jinx to run a magic for enchantment boot camp, and just licence out the spells and enchantments they teach for a small percentage, and let everyone else figure out how to scale things as needed and work all day enchanting.

I suggest NOT using a ring for feather fall, or using a ring at all in industrial settings, maybe a bangle or wrist band instead?
Ever heard of de-gloving? If you haven't don't look at any pictures, you'll thank me.

... Well thats one way to market (I don't think Al and his lot thought out the issue of the RoR causing pain to whomever was regenerating... or at least didn't consider that the issue of his lots pain tolerance being abit... skewed)

Also, if a material is considered foreign when its regenerating and gets ejected... has he considered the issue of bullets (As a bullet in the brain getting ejected would have the issue of the persons SKULL to consider... (Also... how is cancer handled... as if memory serves DC cancer is a "blessing" from a literal cancer god (Dc is fu*king wierd at times)...)

Imagine a Hip replacement, IM nails and peacemakers just making holes in your skin as they are yeeted out of you...

I wonder if it's possible to channel ki/chi/qi into spells. If so, how would that match with a saiyan's zenkai boost ability under Al's Gamer system?

Considering Magic in DBZ seems to at least partially run off of ki, or maybe just readily accepts ki as a supplement? Probably not hard. As for it matching up to a Zenkai boost? I'm... Not sure how they're related. The Zenkai is a near-death boost, something Al not only would scarcely benefit from but would be real leery of relying on.

Speaking of, honestly, it might be worth for Al to look into DBZ's techniques if he can. Mostly because of how variable they are, able to scale from street-level power right up to godbuster without really needing to tweak anything. A little helpful for his lack of low-end attacks, though upscaling them won't really beat out the stuff he has right now I suppose. That said, I might be a tad biased because I'm stuck imagining Al using the Clothes Beam on someone and that seems really funny to me.

How would one even go about trying to sue a wizard as powerful as Al? I mean that would be like trying to sue superman, who would even risk taking that job?

The normal way, I'd assume. Get a lawyer, file a motion at court, send off a summons. Everyone shows up in front of a judge, they all say they swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Al reinforces that with a circle of truth around the courthouse, folks go to tell their story.

Lies fall apart, lawyers has an aneurysm when he realizes the usual pity card his client wants to use isn't working, the judge gets increasingly upset at the obvious waste of his time. Fines Karen for perjury and hits her with court costs on top of things.

You know, a perfectly normal court proceeding.

Could potentially make the case that the red-orange-yellow part of the spectrum covers a range of "want"/Avarice, "do not want"/Fear, "want to not be"/Rage.

Grief, regret, etc is likely part of the undefined "negative emotions" of the Ultraviolet light.
Definitely haven't had too much PMAS on the brain and thought way too much about a hypothetical Blue light of Hope/Ultraviolet light of Grief magical girl dichotomy...

But yeah, the Emotional Spectrum is wonky AF.
Ah, don't get me started on why UV is 'negative emotions' on the 'excessive positive emotions' side of the Emo Spectrum. It should have been infrared. UV should have been loopy insanity.

i hope alchemist one day visits touhou, mabe figures out how to achive fantasy nature as a defensive ability if he has to fight a very dangerous oponent, or better yet its jinx who figures it out.

DnD Regenerate is primarily a Druid spell. These are the kinds of folks that would cauterize a wound out in the wilds if they didn't have access to magic. Pain relief is, in general, not a major concern for that particular mystic path.
Fast Healing is primarily druidic. For most of its history, Regenerate was a clerical spell, and Druids were added much later as an afterthought (higher level than clerics were). Amusingly enough, all it did was restore limbs and stuff. It took 3e to actually heal hit point damage, too!

Giovanni: Alchemist, I've been getting a number of job offers lately and I feel as though you are somehow to blame.

Al: You know, my ex-wife used to say the same thing.

Giovanni: About the job offers?

Al: About blaming me.

Gio: ...Moving on. I've been offered a rather significant sum if I can help decipher the means by which this little ring imparts a decently potent healing spell.

Al: Ooh, nice. How significant are we talking about, here?

Gio: Significant enough for me to put my daughter through college.

Al: Well, assuming they actually intend on paying you? Go for it.

Gio: And you're not going to be upset that I'll be helping someone reverse-engineer a spell which you are currently profiting from?
AL: Tell you what, I'll match it. I think they are seriously underpaying you to do that. Also, that's less than one hour of our profits. You might want to get back to them and significantly raise your fee.
Oh, and then if you like, you can pay me a dollar and I'll teach you how to do it. That should save you some time in research, right?

Giovanni:... I think I have to update how I look at the world and magic.
One hour of your time?...

AL: Yeah, that's what the math works out to. Or perhaps you have an idea for a similar item you might want to market instead, and we could work out how to make it together?

Giovanni: Like a wand that eliminates the effects of alcohol from a drink without changing the tastes?

AL: Oh, that sounds like a fantastic idea! Bars could use it to keep the drunks down, and it should actually raise demand for their products, so the liquor companies won't mind!...

(hours of brainstorming common uses of magic follow. When Zatanna gets home from school, she gets roped in, contacts everyone on her phone, and soon there's a whole list of potential stuff that could be made if only there were people taught the right spells to do so...)

I foresee hospitals - at least hospitals anywhere with sensible a healthcare system - buying up both permanent and single use rings of regeneration. Permanent ones for obvious reasons, but bulk-purchases of the single-use rings could help blunt sudden influxes of patients due to local disasters.
So not the USA then.
Over there the BigPharma and BigMed will spend milliards on getting these rings outlawed and confiscated so that they can continue their scams.
And the government will support their efforts...

Alright, I'm just running an estimate on production ... *snip*
Mathing it out, 60/3=20 potential crafts. 20x9=180 products per hour. If Jinx worked for a full eight hours, 8x180=1440 rings in one day of work. 1440x250=$360,000 before taxes and expenses. Potentially. Just off the rings of regeneration.
What that amounts to is nowhere near to the demand. And I'm pretty sure that neither Jinx, Kary or AL are willing to spend more than a week on creating these (6 workdays by 3 workers = 25.920 RoRs). Which is too little to matter.
If Al and/or Jinx want the rings to matter, getting the production automated is something they'll have to spend some effort into. 'Cause leaving that to others will go nowhere.

Jinx, not having Devour due to how it was acquired as a reward for gaining the Eden Summon in the FF8 segment, cannot consume Bloodstained shards. Yet. There's a way around the issue but they haven't figured it out yet.
My first guess on the solution would be 'looking up Hungry Cookpot in the Game Shop,' but it might well be an item that requires a quest hunting aliens. Or cards. Or alien cards.

Would visiting Yu-Gi-Oh just give Alchemist cards, or could he actually access spells, summoned creatures, etc? The Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Exodia might be fairly useful to have, assuming they don't mind getting toadied and stonified.

Back