He thought how it would affect other Johns and any contracts they have. Not about it jumping to demons and affecting all their contracts.

Mass Heal went though 7 steps of connection. This only went though 2 steps. So John -> Demon -> other Demon/mortal contracty.

I just had a thought though. A bunch of demons were originally angels, so they would have old connections with God. So every contract and spell God has going just disappeared. That's still 2 steps, John -> Fallen Angel -> God.
Would it only go through two steps? Because if it jumps to any demons, devils, angels, fey, or other beings that made deals with John, due to them indelibly marking John's soul, it would affect all of them due to being connected at the soul level, erasing any magical effects, psionic effects, and supernatural effects (including deals) they've ever made, and then jump to all of those beings they made deals with due to similar soul connections, along with progenitors and descendants of all of them.

You know now that I think about it a little more, how many wars did this spell just set off?

As there is no way at least some of those effected by this spell won't think of it as a attack and then move against those they think would be the most likely to either do it to them or profit from this. Or even if that didn't happen, how many old powers have now been weaken enough for others to try their hand in killing them or taking over their places of power?

So I guess I'm asking, is how many planes of reality did Alchemist just accidented away here?

Last edited:
You now that I think about it a little more, how many wars did this spell just set off?

As there is no way at least some of those effected by this spell won't think of it as a attack and then move against those they think would be the most likely to either do it to them or profit from this.

So I guess I'm asking, how many planes of reality did Alchemist just accidented away here?
Possibly all of them.

And I mean all of them. Remember, some of the beings affected would be omniversal, similar to Zeus's Overmind situation.

And, as bad as the possible consequences are?

Leaving Golden Boy unchecked would still have been worse. Canonically, that iteration of Constantine was fully capable of utilizing his Synchronicity to manipulate and control the Creator of the DC multiverse.

Cutting off his ability to parisitize the other Constantines throughout the multiverse and thus preventing him from potentially regaining that level of power, whilst potentially erasing whatever he'd already accumulated, would still count as a net positive.

...How much XP did Alchemist just get for saving all those people weighed down with contracts and for "defeating" all of those supernatural beings? How many of the quests in Alchemist's list did he just accidentally solve?

Is his system going to crash, and is Terra going to go nuclear due to the amount of overtime she's about to have to put in?

...Did Alchemist just fuck over Darkseid (Overmind and all of his derivatives) and all of his minions? Remember, Darkseid did make a deal with Vandal Savage, and if it was supernaturally enforced...

...Huh. Did Alchemist just free Gaia and all the other titans from their punishments? If one of the MANY branches of separation followed the line down to Zeus and his family, that would free EVERYONE they'd ever screwed over.

along with progenitors and descendants of all of them.
It doesn't go after progenitors or descendants as an extra effect. The Mass Heal only did as part of the 7 steps it could reach. So this spell can at most go John > demon > demon's parent/child before it runs out of power.

The Mass Heal had a lot more reach, if it went up 2 levels to the nazi's grandsire it still had 5 more connections worth of power to go back down the line of that vampire's other children.

The only reason this spell will effect so much is because Constantine goes through demon contracts faster then he can go through cigarettes, and all his dimensional counterparts are the same way.

The Demon of Hell Street
Alchemist probably caused a collapse of the infernal economy by removing the claims on Constantine
THE DEMON OF HELL STREET

Deep in the infernal pyres of hell lays a golden street paved with the gathered riches of sinners from ages long past and recent.

Normally it is a place of bartering and deals, of sophisticated demons and devils looking to make a profit in the name of Mammon.

Today is not such a day....

Random Imp: "Buy buy buy! The value of sinner bones are on the rise! DIAMOND HANDS MOTHER#&*@!$S!"

Devil: "Sell sell sell! It doesn't make sense everything is falling apart!"

Mammon: "What the absolute @#$%! How is this happening!?" He yells this into his cabal of dead wall street bankers who are running around in a panic. As he watches the market drop and break apart before their very eyes. A random banker sinner runs out a window to his painful non demise. "Alright get a grip everyone! Tell Jerry I appreciate the classics when he gets back up here."

A Devil clad in a suit comes running in, heaving and panting as his rolls of fat sweat profusely. "Sir I found it! I found the cause!"

Mammon: "Give it the @#$% here then!" Reading the scroll he feels his face go slack, as he reads and rereads he goes from pale to flaming red. "Why the @#$% did over a thousand demons, devils and .... the Queen of England? Nevermind! How did each and everyone of them OWN CONSTANTINE'S DAMNED SOUL!? AND WHY DID THEY ALL BACK THEIR THRICE DAMNED LOANS WITH IT!?"

Banker 263: "Oh my God (everyone including himself hisses in pain), it's happening again. Sir! Its a CONSTANTINE BUBBLE. And it just popped!"

Topside in a Bar called Lux a exquisite Whiskey is being enjoyed as the owner looks on with amusement at the chaos unfolding.

Poor John, the only thing he got out of this was his continuous joy out of tormenting the man whose wife died because of the trouble he brings, and who secretly hates him passionately. That and he got to ruin his newly healed lungs without a care.

Largely cause he thinks he is still protected by his Pyramid Scheme Soul version, aka sell his soul like a cheap ho to the highest powers. and then sell it again to rivals of that one in order to prevent either from collecting. With him so eager to sell his soul to anything with Power because he is kind of a...cheap date for power, only at some point he is going to find out that Alchemist made him like a diseased hooker that everyone knows, and refuses to touch anymore.

AKA he has likely become the Pariah in the world of souls, likely meaning he couldn't sell his soul for a cigarette butt...

Constantine was basically immortal because he sold his soul to Satan, an angel, Trigon, two princes of hell, and probably one kid back in school for a pack of cigs. They literally could not allow him to die because once he did they'd be forced to kick off a war over his soul that would destroy everything. But up to that point, his soul was a load bearing soul that kept everyone from fighting. How many other deals like this preventing fights were just blown clean open. And since it's propagated up and down the chain now, how many Sealed Evil in a Can by the sacrifice of someone's soul were just released into the wild?

I...really want to see how Klarion reacts to this.

This amount of sheer, unbridled capital-C Chaos is probably going to send him (and all the other Lords of Law and Chaos) into convulsions.

And would this have affected any of the supernatural shit within Gotham?

… OH SHIT. Al is definitely getting a hit put out on him if anyone down undah figures out he's responsible. And who do we know that takes frequent assassination gigs to 'ol humanville?

Stolas got his work cut out for him.

… OH SHIT. Al is definitely getting a hit put out on him if anyone down undah figures out he's responsible. And who do we know that takes frequent assassination gigs to 'ol humanville?

Stolas got his work cut out for him.
Not unless someone spills the beans. Alchemist's magic is untraceable, even while it's being performed. You have to witness him casting it directly to know he's doing it.

Back