mind blank is not permanent.
That depends on what level Al had it at, since he can use Arcane Lock (or whatever the perk was) on spells over a certain level and MAKE them permanent.
Good chapter is good, Constantine looking out for his... friend?... is touching, Alan and Diana HURT, and I wonder if Alchemist even knew that was the House, or if he just gave up and walked in because he hurt his soul?

Speaking of Majustis... have we seen it cast, yet? I don't remember, and a quick search yielded nothing.

Last edited:
That depends on what level Al had it at, since he can use Arcane Lock (or whatever the perk was) on spells over a certain level and MAKE them permanent.
Good chapter is good, Constantine looking out for his... friend?... is touching, Alan and Diana HURT, and I wonder if Alchemist even knew that was the House, or if he just gave up and walked in because he hurt his soul?

Speaking of Majustis... have we seen it cast, yet? I don't remember, and a quick search yielded nothing.
its from dragon quest,a mc only spell that dispells all effects on a target

thank you for the info. dispel all ongoing effects,plus alchemists buffed effects plus metamagic? he dispelled all claims and bargains on john. thats hilarious

I just KNOW the house of secrets saw an opportunity and took it. Honestly, kinda happy for it. That is, however, only the case because I don't know it's history. Also, FINALLY, we're finally about to get some closure on the thing that's been hounding Al's steps for quite a while now. I can't wait to see what the house wants to take or to give.

"Well, ain't no luck in findin' the 'ouse o' Secrets. Where was I s'posed to go, then?"

Constantine's been searching for a place that moves around and is apparently avoiding him.

Of course, there was no answer forthcoming from within Abel's House of Secrets

And of course, despite having spent ages in story avoiding and actively walking away from that place, Al decides to finally give up and walk in, right in front of the person it's been avoiding. If Constantine blinks, it'll probably move elsewhere just to snub him further.

Huh, Al finally went inside the House of Secrets. Did he decide to do that, or did the House time it to be an available shelter from John Constantine while Al was distracted by the soul equivalent of slamming his funny bone when he exorcised John of his attached curses/demonic claims/etc? Maybe Al thought he was opening a portal to his demiplane in a convenient doorway, and aprops of being magic it didn't work and he actually just walked into the HoS?

Last edited:
Huh, Al finally went inside the House of Secrets. Did he decide to do that, or did the House time it to be an available from shelter John Constantine while Al was distracted by the soul equivalent of slamming his funny bone when he exorcised John of his attached curses/demonic claims/etc? Maybe Al thought he was opening a portal to his demiplane in a convenient doorway, and aprops of being magic it didn't work and he actually just walked into the HoS?
I would say that the 40 or so minutes spent meandering around also included some time where Bilocation-Alchemist was searching the city for the House of Secrets, with the remainder leading John to it.

Majustis has been used three times throughout the story so far. Four, now.

The first time it was used by Captain Marvel to depower Black Adam. At which point Billy took the talisman in which the soul of the former champion was imprisoned in and broke it, leaving Theo Adam to actually suffer the consequences of his actions.

The second time was when Al restored the Soul of Gael into Gael, which brought the warrior back in his greatest form while suffering under the debilitating effects of the Dark Sign, in truth the seal of Flame cast by the god, Gwyn, to seal away the power of humanity.

The third time was much less important, in a manner of speaking. Al used it to restore Captain Marvel to the form of Billy as they worked on the Hades quest.

The first time it was used by Captain Marvel to depower Black Adam. At which point Billy took the talisman in which the soul of the former champion was imprisoned in and broke it, leaving Theo Adam to actually suffer the consequences of his actions.

The second time was when Al restored the Soul of Gael into Gael, which brought the warrior back in his greatest form while suffering under the debilitating effects of the Dark Sign, in truth the seal of Flame cast by the god, Gwyn, to seal away the power of humanity.

The third time was much less important, in a manner of speaking. Al used it to restore Captain Marvel to the form of Billy as they worked on the Hades quest.
There's one more you forgot about. Billy used it when his Mr. Wizard wanted to see the spell that Alchemist had taught him.

On a chair, but still.

In Chapter 221, Alchemist casts Majustis on Medusa, doesn't he?

Last edited:
I thought that happened because her head was separated from her body, and once the body made its way down the Styx from having died (because Al killed it), it was only a matter of pulling the body out of where it was stuffed inside her head.
What? no, pulling her body out of her head happened earlier, not long after Alchemist arranged for her to finally properly die. But right as that quest ended...
"Empathy, though? It doesn't demand understanding, not at all. Just that you can look at someone, that you can see their pain and you're willing to feel it with them." Alchemist turned his eyes back on Dusa and held his right hand out, slowly bringing it around in a circle before slashing down upon returning to the peak. A beam of light passed between Alchemist and Medusa as the spell was cast-

As Majustis struck the cursed goddess and erased all of the magic that was cast upon her.

Unfortunately, it also broke the hold Alchemist had on Standstill.

You are very correct!

Wow, I feel kind of bad that I'd forgotten that. It was an incredibly important moment for Medusa and sparked a whole alternate pairing that wasn't available in the actual game.

Oh my goodness. Now I'm just imagining the shitstorm that would happen if Constantine got ownership of a copy of Rulebreaker.

Things definitely wouldn't get better

I admit I had to think a bit, about Old Green Lantern getting a Sword and told to call the number.

Is he going to Zombie I.D. to grind his troubles away? Zombie Hero & Villains?

I admit I had to think a bit, about Old Green Lantern getting a Sword and told to call the number.

Is he going to Zombie I.D. to grind his troubles away? Zombie Hero & Villains?

In an older comic run, Alan Scott was paralyzed from the neck down.

Rather than allowing that to stop his heroics, the man instead fashioned a full suit of plate armor and a massive, over-engineered sword all out of raw willpower.

Fortunately, Alchemist isn't willing to break any bones to try and get Alan up and moving again. The sword alone is intended to be a sort of call, a reminder that the man isn't done until he decides he's done.

That said... Alan has gotten old. His children are both at the age of retirement and he's outlived both of the women he's loved. He's grown old and tired and, frankly, he's earned the right to live out his twilight years in peace. We'll see how things play out, though, given that I haven't decided one way or the other on that front.

In an older comic run, Alan Scott was paralyzed from the neck down.

Rather than allowing that to stop his heroics, the man instead fashioned a full suit of plate armor and a massive, over-engineered sword all out of raw willpower.

Fortunately, Alchemist isn't willing to break any bones to try and get Alan up and moving again. The sword alone is intended to be a sort of call, a reminder that the man isn't done until he decides he's done.

That said... Alan has gotten old. His children are both at the age of retirement and he's outlived both of the women he's loved. He's grown old and tired and, frankly, he's earned the right to live out his twilight years in peace. We'll see how things play out, though, given that I haven't decided one way or the other on that front.

Was Alan Scott hit with the Mass Heal?

Also will that Mass Heal have some major consequences long term? Like most elderly people die of organ failure that's what 'dying of old age' really is, but if the Healing Spell fixed that will we be seeing a rise in people living past 120?

Also also did that exposure to magic awaken anyone's latent superpowers? I'd imagine that the exposure would be like a spark over kindling. Sure there's a chance it wouldn't take and not everyone has the 'kindling' but with the millions of people healed, how many had that 'kindling' and how many of them where exposed to the 'spark'

I know it's stretching the analogy but I don't care.

Also will that Mass Heal have some major consequences long term? Like most elderly people die of organ failure that's what 'dying of old age' really is, but if the Healing Spell fixed that will we be seeing a rise in people living past 120?
It doesn't do so in D&D/PF unless there's a specific effect that reduces one's lifespan or counts as a "disease" that it can affect, so it wouldn't increase one's maximum lifespan (which all mortal characters have, and this can't be changed under normal circumstances), but it would fix anything physically wrong with them beyond that.

Then again, Alchemist has leveled up Heal a lot.

At alchemists level, turning someone into a partial elemental isn't even a difficult feat, and they don't have a lifespan so… if that's ever really a problem for someone he can fix it. Plus reincarnation is also a ritual he could pick up so…

It doesn't do so in D&D/PF unless there's a specific effect that reduces one's lifespan or counts as a "disease" that it can affect, so it wouldn't increase one's maximum lifespan (which all mortal characters have, and this can't be changed under normal circumstances), but it would fix anything physically wrong with them beyond that.

Then again, Alchemist has leveled up Heal a lot.

122 is the longest anyone has lived not because living longer is impossible it's just that organs start to fail. They become cancerous, they become inefficient, Ect. Biologically speaking the hard limit for how long a human could theoretically live ranges from 1000-20000 years, though you'd probably be considered immortal.

If you where constantly being healed, eating good, and in general lucky you wouldn't have to worry about your organs failing but with this mass healing being a one time thing I could see some supercentenarians living to 125~130 and in general the elderly getting a few more years.

Now that doesn't seem like too big of a deal, some people get to spend more time with their elderly Nonna, but those in power? It undeniably that America and a lot of other nations are basically ran by the elderly. That's the aspect I was thinking about.

At alchemists level, turning someone into a partial elemental isn't even a difficult feat, and they don't have a lifespan so… if that's ever really a problem for someone he can fix it. Plus reincarnation is also a ritual he could pick up so…
That's hardly "normal circumstances," is it?

122 is the longest anyone has lived not because living longer is impossible it's just that organs start to fail. They become cancerous, they become inefficient, Ect. etc. Biologically speaking the hard limit for how long a human could theoretically live ranges from 1000-20000 years, though you'd probably be considered immortal.

If you where constantly being healed, eating good, and in general lucky you wouldn't have to worry about your organs failing but with this mass healing being a one time thing I could see some supercentenarians living to 125~130 and in general the elderly getting a few more years.

Now that doesn't seem like too big of a deal, some people get to spend more time with their elderly Nonna, but those in power? It undeniably that America and a lot of other nations are basically ran by the elderly. That's the aspect I was thinking about.
Mortal races in 3e/PF D&D have maximum lifespans. Without extraordinary effects of some sort (such as magic, and a few feats, and some classes), there is no way to extend that.

Now with extraordinary specialized effects such as those? Totally doable. There are lots of ways to get immortality. But not naturally, even with healing effects, because healing effects don't affect your maximum lifespan.

Last edited:
Why bother with that when he already has spare youth potions? Considering Alchemist current state just handing Alan a potion would be a lot easier on him than doing any magic.

I had a thought that kind of bugged me...

So imagine if a Green/Emerald Knight starts riding around on an Emerald Horse, fighting evil doers, and doing good things... Only Alan Scott passed in his sleep, when they check his body it seems alright, but then when the autopsy starts... it collapses into Emerald Ash.

His kids having also passed away suddenly are also checked, finding strange readings, and then when prodded also collapse into ash. In this case Emerald ash suffused with Will, and Ebony Ash with a kind of shadowy ethereal feel.

Looking around they find two teens having found their way to the Mountain looking for their father, both looking similar to Alan's children when they were younger...and yet slightly different. Just like the Knight who doesn't remember his life as Alan Scott, rather he remembers a fantasy themed version of it up until he turned 25 or so.

It would be an interesting conundrum, Alan Scott and his kids returned to a younger age through a kind of reincarnation, and lacking a lot of the experience they used to have with their powers.

It would be even more interesting if it was the sword that was the Catalyst for this happening, I mean it was made from...Ebony I think?

Back