DC Captain Marvel doesn't have that issue since Billy is able transform from civilian mode to hero mode using the magic word,Shazam.
Not in his original form of Billy, no, but he's nearly on par with Superman, strength-wise. Having the option of simply punching the ever-living daylights out of someone without worrying about killing them (no matter how weak they are) would be pretty useful, I'd say.

Lois Lane gets her clothing, car, and apartment ruined on a regular basis, so the Mending Spell is a huge relief. She can unwind a little bit and not worry about having to purchase a new wardrobe every month.
I've known my fair share of women (some of which I'm ashamed to say I'm related to) who would see having to get a new wardrobe every month as a plus, not as minus, given their addiction to clothes shopping and having the latest fashions.
Many more that would only bitch because of the strain on the finances, not the having to get new clothes every month.
And that there were two men in big, bulky space suits holding an American flag standing not too far away from him.

Alchemist blinked, terribly confused at what he was seeing.

Movement to the side caught his attention and Alchemist turned to see two more men, possibly women, awkwardly walking towards the duo while holding a Chinese flag.

Alchemist looked to the astronauts.

The astronauts looked at him.

There was a long, long moment of silence until...

"Excuse me?" Alchemist asked, using Ghost Sound to get around the vacuum of space. "I think I took a wrong turn at Ma'aleca'andra..."

The wizard withheld a snicker as the various astronauts looked to each other, likely calling and arguing with their respective operations centers.

He was very, very glad that Void Dragons lacked the facial features to grin.

It would've given the whole thing away.
What was all this about, and what happened? You just ended things on a cliffhanger and never resolved it. I thought maybe I missed an update on CaerAzkaban, but your posts here are the same sequence where his next appearance is with Lois showing up in the Metropolis office.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to just be a one off joke about Al pretending to be an alien in his dragon form
Which I'm 99% certain will send ripples throughout the DC universe, just like a lot of other things he does.

Terra-tan, why the hell is the hardware running Alchemist's system not yet bleeding edge? Glitches after glitches, what are you? A 21st century AAA game developer? Aqua would have been better at this than you!

Of course spamming enough meteors to ruin 384 Earth-like planets in one breath still undersells how horrific an enemy Alchemist would be if his ire is roused enough.

Please tell me, @Mister Ficser, that Alchemist randomly dropped in an alternate history Earth that mirrors this one. No magic, just science and technology of real life modern Earth. I just want Alchemist sowing Chaos just by literally standing there and doing nothing. Lol.
That'd make a fantastic long-form omake, but unfortunately not, as fun as it would be.

Terra-tan, why the hell is the hardware running Alchemist's system not yet bleeding edge? Glitches after glitches, what are you? A 21st century AAA game developer? Aqua would have been better at this than you!

Of course spamming enough meteors to ruin 384 Earth-like planets in one breath still undersells how horrific an enemy Alchemist would be if his ire is roused enough.

Bethesda doesn't pay Terra-tan well, and it's a sweatshop. she's stuck in between student debt, rent and ramen and she's barely breaking even and just barely making money.

As it turns out when The Company offers to give you schooling you should read the fine print, especially when your a literal planet.

Bethesda doesn't pay Terra-tan well, and it's a sweatshop. she's stuck in between student debt, rent and ramen and she's barely breaking even and just barely making money.

As it turns out when The Company offers to give you schooling you should read the fine print, especially when your a literal planet.
It just works! It really just works!

Actually, are there any other major physical powerhouses in The League that aren't The Flash?

Aquaman/Arthur is 'just a brawler' that can breathe underwater and summon sea creatures. The GLs are mostly physical as well, Hal in particular almost never showing the imagination to do anything more complex than 'create a fist and punch them', Guy a little better and John is a bit better than that. Even the Atoms are mostly 'punch it' fighters, the Captain can blast energy and Ray is a far smarter fighter tactically but still essentially limited to 'I punch/kick them!'

Then there are the Thanagarians, who may or may not include energy-enhanced weapons, but are still just very, very good and mobile brawlers at heart.

Really, DC is so much more limited to physical damage than their counterparts in Marvel, Image or any of the other comic companies. Which is weird, now that I think about it.

A the mending spell/cantrip the bane of capitalism and planned obsolescence if you spread it enough if everyone can mend their stuff only inovation and making new things remain
Oh sorry, did someone forget about fashion, always on line services, "updates" that remove things or limit cpu speed, intentionally non repairable construction, licensing, or the upgrade cycle?

Shouldn't that be "science"? Magic is not really tech. It can be combined with it, fuel it, and sometimes even created by it, but magic is not technology.

You know he didn't really scream instructions out loud, right? Lois read the scroll, Clark looked it up from the side, and all Al did was guide her through the process. If there was someone close to them, they would notice. And secretary? Really? From a building with non-opening windows, in a bussy city from something like 30m away?
It's DC and the rules of narrative causality. If something can backfire spectacularly, it will.

Aquaman/Arthur is 'just a brawler' that can breathe underwater and summon sea creatures. The GLs are mostly physical as well, Hal in particular almost never showing the imagination to do anything more complex than 'create a fist and punch them', Guy a little better and John is a bit better than that. Even the Atoms are mostly 'punch it' fighters, the Captain can blast energy and Ray is a far smarter fighter tactically but still essentially limited to 'I punch/kick them!'

Then there are the Thanagarians, who may or may not include energy-enhanced weapons, but are still just very, very good and mobile brawlers at heart.

Really, DC is so much more limited to physical damage than their counterparts in Marvel, Image or any of the other comic companies. Which is weird, now that I think about it.
How many of them have trouble controlling their strength to the point of potentially killing people on accident? The Flash is crazy-powerful physically, but he has no problems with control, since he's just a stupidly durable person that has full control over his speed (and effective mass as a result). He doesn't always have to hold back to an absurd degree because his world isn't made of wet cardboard.

Last edited:
Man, I find what would have happened if Alchemist met the Lost Children in DC?

Like Salem the Witch Girl, who has that curse that will cause terrible things to happen to those she loves. One Majustis would destroy that curse that Doctor Fate had no luck breaking.

Judy Garrick/The Boom would be interesting in the Young Justice world, especially if she had joined the team a little after it was formed. Comedically it would be funny Kid Flash fleeing from Jay Garrick because he was getting a little too close to his daughter...

Though Alchemist with those fountains of youth potions could easily give it to Jay and his wife so they could take care of and raise their daughter, would have been a heart warming thing...

Which should have consequences with an alien acting so openly.
Everyone already knows that both Superman and the Martian Manhunter are Alien-Americans, and might or might not know about Hawkwoman and Hawkman.

Speaking of, did Superman ever get an actual US citizenship, or is he still technically an illegal alien in both senses?

It more of her advertising that alchemist taught her how to do it
I just want Louis to write the lessons down in an article. Let the cascade effect begin.
Yeaah, the only problem is that for every Timothy Hunter there will be a whole bunch of Hikaru Gosunkugi.

Possible crack if in the 30th century, the Legion of Super-Heroes remember Lois Lane as a sorceress who spread knowledge of magic throughout the world, jumpstarting the Sixth Age of Magic ("Shadowrun" reference).

Pretty sure Clark Kent has US Citizenship, so Superman can honestly say he does but refuse to elaborate and just let people assume that it happened somewhere that hasn't digitized yet or something
Clark was definitely not a newborn when he was found. From what I recall of various timelines, his adoption papers and birth papers were forged, and are thus illegal.

Everyone already knows that both Superman and the Martian Manhunter are Alien-Americans, and might or might not know about Hawkwoman and Hawkman.

Speaking of, did Superman ever get an actual US citizenship, or is he still technically an illegal alien in both senses?
He is considered born on American soil by the rocket that delivered him here, so he's a natural US citizen.
Now, the paperwork for CLark Kent might be a little off about certain matters and times.

Pretty sure Clark Kent has US Citizenship, so Superman can honestly say he does but refuse to elaborate and just let people assume that it happened somewhere that hasn't digitized yet or something
Clark is a citizen.
Kal el on The other hands did get "honorary citizenship" on every country in some continuities.
He DID reject his american citizenship on a comic to stop politicians from saying "forget gunboat diplomacy, we have superman diplomacy" in the "dark night returns" interpretation of the expression.

Clark was definitely not a newborn when he was found. From what I recall of various timelines, his adoption papers and birth papers were forged, and are thus illegal.
How would that legally work if a 30-something year old man finds out his adoption papers and birth papers were forged when he was an infant. Up until then he had been using those documents in good faith, and had obtained ID as if he were a citizen as the people who raised him never told him otherwise.
If somebody then claimed when he was say 35 that his birth certificate was a fake and he wasn't a citizen, what would the legal consequences be? He can prove that he grew up in a home since he was an infant, so the forgery wasn't done by him.

How would that legally work if a 30-something year old man finds out his adoption papers and birth papers were forged when he was an infant. Up until then he had been using those documents in good faith, and had obtained ID as if he were a citizen as the people who raised him never told him otherwise.
If somebody then claimed when he was say 35 that his birth certificate was a fake and he wasn't a citizen, what would the legal consequences be? He can prove that he grew up in a home since he was an infant, so the forgery wasn't done by him.
IIRC, in real life situations where this occurs (generally because one's parents are illegals) in the USA, the person with the fake papers is generally deported, despite having lived in the US their entire life.

Unless DHS/DIA/NSA/FBI know his alter ego of Superman, they will try to deport them. But since the elder Kents are legal citizens of the US, it will be difficult to deport him to another country without running into bureaucratic headaches. Moreover, I doubt the Kents wrote the origin as ET in his birth certificate and other government documents.

If the domestic terrorists spies law enforcement agencies knew of Clark's alter-ego, they will do nothing as it will push Superman to another country that may be aggressive against US policy. Plus it is easier to keep an eye on him if they knew where he is at a moment's notice.

If they do deport and invalidate Clark's US Citizenship, if the former assumption is assured, Alchemist may be willing to house and settle Clark in his Disney Island. Unlimited free water and electricity will make Clark's wallet sigh in giddiness, if nothing else. He can just fly towards Metropolis for his patrol and superhero job.

"Ah, well. The cannibal was fed to my father's flames, myself with him. After countless years, the flames had consumed all there was, the world itself twisting about the lingering embers to feed it. And, in the process, my captor was revived and I with him. He was to be fed to the flames once more, my father's eternal hunger such that it would gnaw upon the spent ashes to try and burn as long as it could,"
Alchemist and co. went to Dark Souls 3, yeah? If so, this is wrong, no? Aldrich got revived then tried to consume Gwyndolin. Aldrich didn't get revived again after getting revived before, especially with gwyndolin in tow.

Aldrich was in the process of eating Gwyndolin and was stopped by the PC. That was Dark Souls 3. Did alchemist and co. go to a further time than the events of DS3? Where Aldrich, which was in the process of eating Gwyndolin, was killed and somehow the fire was linked then when the fire waned again, Aldrich, now with Gwyndolin, was revived a second time? If so, the other characters should also dead or not in their proper place when Alchemist visited.

Last edited:
Alchemist and co. went to Dark Souls 3, yeah? If so, this is wrong, no? Aldrich got revived then tried to consume Gwyndolin. Aldrich didn't get revived again after getting revived before, especially with gwyndolin in tow.

Aldrich was in the process of eating Gwyndolin and was stopped by the PC. That was Dark Souls 3. Did alchemist and co. go to a further time than the events of DS3? Where Aldrich, which was in the process of eating Gwyndolin, was killed and somehow the fire was linked then when the fire waned again, Aldrich, now with Gwyndolin, was revived a second time? If so, the other characters should also dead or not in their proper place when Alchemist visited.

Having a clear line of cause and effect in Dark Souls is a luxury Fromsoft doesn't often afford us and DS3 was even worse as it openly involved time-twisted shenanigans.

I took it more to be... locations tethered to the legends that were restored in tandem with the lords of cinder. The seat of power acting as a metaphorical kiln to the ashen remains of their legend, rather than just their body and soul.

So I don't know for certain that the PC killed Aldrich while it was in the process of eating Gwyndolyn, if Gwyndolyn was already dead and Aldrich was puppetting an indigestible husk or if my take on things, Gwyndolyn being mostly dead and suffering during his lucid moments, was accurate.

None of them could be. All of them could be. When the game's primary method of storytelling involves two-sentence blurbs tied to potentially significant items spread out across vast, distant and disconnected areas? It all kind of falls into interpretation.

Back