"Jedo was released from its torment and given unto Death.

"Given unto Death"? Should we be concerned that Alchemist has become adept at telling half-truths and lying through omission? Alchemist is normally very blunt with the TRUTH.

Scene:
Kary: "Why do you talk like the Seelie Fey in honeyed half-truths?"

Alchemist: "I told them the TRUTH in a way they could understand it."

🐲JINX: "This is so out of character. The man I adore would say ELDRITCH TRUTH, shattering the minds of the feeble without any concern for the consequences."

Alchemist: (trying to change the subject) "You adore me?"

🐲JINX: (allows the subject to be changed) "Of course I adore you, you're very adorable."

Alchemist: (blushes) :oops:

I enjoyed this arc, though I knew nothing of the game, but I do think it suffered a bit from the Worm interlude interrupting it. Mostly because I had to refamiliarize myself to something I didnt know.
Alchemist was well written here, I really enjoyed a return to the mysterious teacher/for role he does so well.
Thank you again for writing and sharing!

Well, Alchemist once again shows tough love to the heroes as a way to get them to improve themselves, works every time. Surprised and ending up running out of time as the good guys are not completionists and don't do all the side quests is certainly on brand.

"Given unto Death"? Should we be concerned that Alchemist has become adept at telling half-truths and lying through omission? Alchemist is normally very blunt with the TRUTH.

Scene:
Kary: "Why do you talk like the Seelie Fey in honeyed half-truths?"

Alchemist: "I told them the TRUTH in a way they could understand it."

🐲JINX: "This is so out of character. The man I adore would say ELDRITCH TRUTH, shattering the minds of the feeble without any concern for the consequences."

Alchemist: (trying to change the subject) "You adore me?"

🐲JINX: (allows the subject to be changed) "Of course I adore you, you're very adorable."

Alchemist: (blushes) :oops:

Alchemist: "Those kids are all broken in ways I can barely imagine, girls. From losing their families, at Noa's own hands in her case, to learning that Gala's best friend and confidant had hated him for years. I fixed what I could without ripping souls from the afterlife but I don't think they're ready to learn just how much bigger the multiverse is, or how small their god is in comparison.

Give them a chance to recover, to heal, to grow into whatever roles they decide on before we break their fragile little minds."

Emphasis on kids - Al does tend to just drop rough truth bombs, but it's on people who should know better, or are fucking grown ups that got involved deliberately. He's much gentler with children and people who ended up in over their heads through no fault of their own.

I agree, he seems very careful around Children and people innocent of their situation.

But also vindictive or Direct to those, that should have know better or can hadle it, from his PoV.

I mean he is just as flawed as the rest of us, but seems to take extra care to not undully hurt children and kids....

Pesky protagonists just don't have that Completionist drive.
It's like they feel some kind of urgency!
Don't they know everything will pause as they explore?
That's actually something that I have to be careful of myself after the first time I failed Might and Magic II because I took 100 years of game time doing side quests.
Some games like Prince of Persia, Might and Magic II, Fallout, etc give you a time limit so if you spend all your time distracted by side quests, you can fail.
Others everything does pause despite the flavor text implying urgency like in Icewind Dale or any Final Fantasy game and you can take as much time as you want on side quests.

Back